Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you vaccinated?

So a relative was at a hospital testing site the other day and overheard a doctor talking to a woman who'd come in coughing and with fever. Her husband had previously tested positive and been told to isolate, which I gather he did, but she went about business as usual. The doctor asked her how many vaccines she'd had and the answer was none. And the doctor literally said to her: So, how is that life choice working out for you?

LOL. I think they have no fucks to give when it comes to morons who won't get vaccinated. I just can't understand people who aren't. It is just a no brainer but if you aren't you seem pretty stuck on staying that way. Are there actual DLers who aren't? Do you have relatives?

by Anonymousreply 46July 24, 2021 7:24 PM

No vax 4 me!

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 1:01 PM

Yes I am fully vaxxed. Good for the doctor for not mincing words with the unvaxxed patient. On that note I understand that there are breakthrough cases but I wonder if some of these supposedly vaccinated people who get sick might have only received the 1st dose or none at all. Sort of like how polling statistics are sometimes off because people tell the pollsters what they think they want to hear. This is probably wishful thinking on my part and I might be completely off base, I'm just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 1:15 PM

I work in public health. The 'breakthroughs' are nuanced. Most people experience mild or asymptomatic illness. The media reporting on this is unhelpful because it is imprecise. The percentage of unvaccinated falling ill is in the high 90 percents... probably 99. I don't have a figure but it's easy enough to find.

The vaccines are working. They were never entirely protective or fully preventative against infection. They are highly protective against serious illness, hospitalization and death. They are doing their job. But they were never able to make this go away individual body by individual body. They simply created a difficult environment for the virus to continue to spread.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 1:39 PM

Enough of the fucking vax threads. If DL ever makes and updates I hope it will be to categorize threads so that these and other political ones can be bypassed.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 1:42 PM

No one forces you to click on threads that don't interest you-- or at least, high iq people have the option to bypass threads. If you're compelled to click on "political" threads that you hate, then that's a good indication that you're not a high iq individual.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2021 1:45 PM

I'm sorry the site isn't tailored to what interests you to the extent you struggle with self control.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2021 1:45 PM

What will R4 do if a pron star or real housewife gets the COVID?

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2021 1:45 PM

I got both but unfortunately the person who injected me hit the wrong spot on my arm...now I need an MRI to see what damage he did ...other than that I'm glad to be protected

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2021 3:12 PM

Last night, I read an article (no, I don’t have the link, as I don’t remember where I read it) that quoted a doctor saying that once the intubation is necessary, getting out of the hospital alive is most likely not happening AT ALL. That’s it. She said that unlike the previous variant which was set upon us, patients who are intubated, whether young or old, are experiencing a more rapidly advancing of the symptoms, and are deteriorating more quickly to the point of needing intubation, which then advances their deteriorating from intubation to death even faster than she had observed with her patients who did not have the Delta variant, previously.

She noted that before the Delta variant hit the scene, patients were fighting off the intubation phase for longer periods and were surviving it at much higher rates and even if they eventually did die, they were able to live with the intubation tubes for much longer than they are now, some patients even longer than the average of six weeks. No more!

She said once the Delta variant infected patients are intubated, their average lifespan are a few days to MAYBE 3 weeks, since one of her patients who was under 40 made it 3 weeks in, yet had died the previous day.

Also, the number of infected Delta patients averaging ages 14 to 25, 26, etc., had quintupled (5X more for those who are wondering) compared to non-Delta infected patients within this age group, and the majority of new patients coming in with moderate to severe symptoms were under the age of 50, while the majority of patients who almost immediately needed intubation, had a similar to identical presentations of the under 50 crowd, yet were over the ages of 60 to 65. The patients over 65 were the ones who were dropping like flies and FAST, once the tube became necessary, and sadly, as she noted, once they were in the ER, it was bad enough that the tubes were hours away or a day, 2 days on average, and that the survival rates for those patients were 1-2%.

I did not realize how serious this particular variant was. And to be clear, my ignorance is not applicable to this variant, n the sense of not understanding the very tiny data coming out from pockets of our country, from all states, when it comes to the huge surge in transmission rates, nor how quickly those rates are moving upward at faster pace than the previous variant. What I did not appreciate due to the lack of granular data, is how quickly this Delta variant is forcing those unvaccinated and infected into the hospital, nor how quickly patients are evaluated for no other choice but intubation, or how fast they go from initial intubation to death.

This variant is moving fast and isn’t taking many prisoners amongst the AARP demographic. Sure, co morbidities guarantee the poor outcomes even more so, but when one stops to evaluate all possible variables, it truly does make sense mathematically.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2021 3:30 PM

Cont., from R9:

Here’s why:

> Almost all infected are unvaxxed.

>. 60% or more of those who become intubated are over the age of 50 (national average)

> 99.9% of those who die are unvaxxed, intubated, & over the age of 65.

> As of 2020, a WHOPPING 42.4% of Americans were medically diagnosed as clinically obese.

> The following is a breakdown of America’s “fattest” states, according to the CDC as of end date Q1 for the year of 2021:

“35% or more adults had obesity in 12 states (Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia). The Midwest (33.9%) and South (33.3%) had the highest prevalence of obesity, followed by the Northeast (29.0%), and the West (27.4%). Mar 31, 2021”.

> Below are co morbidities which significantly increase poor to fatal outcomes from all CoViD variants infections. (Please note that as of now, pregnancy is at the top three co morbidities, increasing poor to fatal outcomes to pregnant women who are also obsessed and/or have non pregnancy induced diabetes) -Source: CDC, please use Google Scholar and the CDC for your own verification of my sources- TIA 🥸) :

“The risk of developing dangerous symptoms of COVID-19 may be increased in people who are older and also in people of any age who have other serious health problems — such as heart or lung conditions, weakened immune systems, severe obesity, or diabetes.”

> Percentages measured via prevalence of Americans affected with childhood obesity, according to the CDC:

“The prevalence of obesity was 19.3% and affected about 14.4 million children and adolescents. Obesity prevalence was 13.4% among 2- to 5-year-olds, 20.3% among 6- to 11-year-olds, and 21.2% among 12- to 19-year-olds.”

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2021 3:32 PM

Cont. from R10:

NOTE: Some states, such as GA, TX, FL, and others with typically higher, to majority residents who vote Republican & also qualify statistically as inclusive within these obesity demographics, are or may be noticeably missing from these data, as they oftentimes, deliberately withhold the data, and did so even BEFORE CoViD and ESPECIALLY since CoViD - FYI. So the number are MUCH larger than reported. By sizable percentages, undoubtedly.

Also, the data tracks almost perfectly with what this doctor discussed on the article I read last night. This is what is happening all over primarily “Red America”, and in primarily Red districts all over red and blue states which remain unvaccinated and who are typically blue collar, working middle class, to below the poverty line , black AND white alike. College educated Republicans living in areas where incomes are averaging 60K -75K/annum, or above, are typically already fully vaccinated or scheduled for a 2nd vaccination. They’re not the majority, however, when tabulating national averages and aren’t exempt from high risk, as MANY are clinically obese, at the very least.

This is going to get really bad, really quick, and I, for one, wish I did not currently live in a typically red state that gives less than ZERO fucks about its residents & that makes it very hard to measure transmission rates & exposure data, as well as infection/hospitalization/death data, because it too, withholds data, conveniently has it stolen, or has it deleted by hackers. That’s the amazing state of GA, for ya-where the CDC is located, btw.

I’m fully vaccinated with a 2X Pfizer, however, I currently live with others who are not, & am reasonably concerned that my (allegedly) unvaccinated stepfather will eventually become infected & transmit this to me, or my *for sure*, unvaccinated mom, who remains unvaccinated due to HIS insistence.

I feel bad for those of us who got vaxxed and will suffer anyhow, and I feel bad for those of us who cannot walk out of their house because they’re to immunosuppressed for a vaccine at this time And I feel especially bad for the kids who will end up either orphaned, or profoundly affected in other ways if they themselves, end up sick or end up living with permanently disabled parents who they will have to care for instead of caring for themselves.

The long term effects that the mismanagement of this pandemic will be absolutely, without question, catastrophic for many Americans in ways that most of us will not even be aware of, because red states with corrupt GOP leadership don’t share their relevant, dirty data accurately or at all, and now, even go as far as merchandise anti-science propaganda campaigns in order to sully the good name and reputations of those who tell Americans to do something so simple like getting FREE vaccines and wearing masks, which can make the difference in a situation that is literally a life or death outcome.

I CANNOT wait to GTFOH & NEVER look back at the dirty south, EVER again. It has been, BY FAR, the WORST life experience I’ve ever lived through, & that’s coming from ME, a person who has been through some pretty shitty life experiences that were considered to be WAY less desirable, than living amongst a bunch of rabid & delusional, “God fearing” Americans, until CoViD came onto the scene.

Please get vaccinated if you can, folks. Don’t be stupid. You can die from this. You MIGHT die from this!

It’s completely unnecessary & equivalent to the Russian Roulette scene out of THE DEER HUNTER, except with real bullets & no second takes, or post-prod. cuts or edits.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2021 3:33 PM

The choice isn't easy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2021 3:35 PM

^ the “educated housewife”. Now that’s who I turn to for my data.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2021 3:46 PM

R12, the data you present cannot be verified as directly correlated to injections because IT ISN’T YET VERIFIABLE, BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SO, AS PROPER AUTOPSIES MUST INCLUDE MULTIPLE BLOOD AND TISSUE LABORATORY TESTING, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF THOSE RESULTS, BY THE MEDICAL EXAMINERS OF EACH COUNTY IN WHICH THOSE DEATHS ✳️ ALLEGEDLY ✳️ OCCURRED, WHICH TYPICALLY TAKES SIX WEEKS MINIMUM, ON AVERAGE!

And I know you know this and are posting it to troll me and others here who take this seriously, because no fucking way can you be so fucking stupid to be doing otherwise.

However, MANY Americans are too stupid to decipher bullshit from reality, & even just one of them who happens upon your shit post is susceptible to the proliferation of this type of propaganda.

Why do it Especially at a critical juncture like this one? Why not go to the shooting range instead, and get hard over shooting cardboard targets of progressive women you love to hate, instead?

There is ZERO evidence that 2000 or more people have died from vaccines on this country or based on the current pharma-distribution line on offer on the United States and you know this, arsehole.

Save your jokes for the fucking comedy club or for your Grindr hook-ups.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2021 3:58 PM

I haven't been vaccinated yet only because I work from home, get all my stuff delivered and haven't ventured from my property in ages, thus am entirely isolated. It's still on my to do list for this month.

My sister, however, doesn't trust CDC data and is all too susceptible to propaganda. She is convinced that vaccinations will "rearrange DNA" catastrophically. I have no doubt this is utter bullshit. So I have two things to do: give her a full assessment of the pros and cons after I get vaccinated.

Does anyone have a link to a full statistical assessment, etc., that convincingly debunks all of the anti-vaxxer crap, refuting all of their propaganda point by point?

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2021 4:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote]So, how is that life choice working out for you?

That doctor is our new DL spirit animal.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2021 4:23 PM

My husband sometimes uses the word "obeast." It's best when used about an animal, like an overweight cat.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2021 4:41 PM

[quote]Nearly 2,000 injection related deaths were added in just 2 days. The previous tally of 9,048 deaths went through July 7.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires health care providers to report any serious adverse event (including death) that happens after a COVID-19 vaccination – whether or not the provider thinks there is any link.

That means that if a vaccinated person drowns, gets in a car crash or is struck by lightning, their death must be reported to VAERS as an adverse event. Since more than 162 million people have been vaccinated in the United States, many deaths will occur coincidentally after vaccination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 4:55 PM

R15, unfortunately, there isn’t an all encompassing, comprehensive link available for what you request, even from the fucking CDC.

The problem is that data wasn’t properly measured, collected, formatted, analyzed, or distributed during the first round. The uniform platform necessary to do this, wasn’t created or made available to all 48 states for free, nor was any agency (the CDC) able to use such platform for its intended purposes, at that time.

That left every individual state solely responsible for doing this, whether purchasing it from a sub contractor or feebly attempting to create one on the fly. Universities were the best bet, as far as resources secondary to the CDC, in order to access such a platform, and even those were unavailable due to the suppression of data and proper protocols to gather it, verify it, and distribute it.

What we’re left with are data sets that we must collect on our own, from the best resources we find to be reputable in their methodology.

And even then, unless one knows how to properly extrapolate data from different sub-sets, and use specific methodologies to properly evaluate it and eventually, have it add up correctly for a solid presentation of it, what little solid data that is currently on offer, is still rendered useless, because the virology of this pandemic and how it affects various populations and the mutations created, thereof, changing how quickly it transmits and who it affects and why and how, are constantly in flux, as the data is exponentially fluid, once it reaches a tipping point on whatever population is observed.

This is why I’m befuddled at what I perceive to be the CDC’s inertia and persistent lack of transparency. And for sure the Biden administration is NOT being as transparent as possible not as forceful as required in its messaging.

Here’s the bottom line:

Unless vaccines are made MANDATORY for all who remain unvaccinated, and medically, are cleared for the 2 step vaccines, IMMEDIATELY, with national, uniform mask mandates for all privately owned businesses, indoors and outdoors, with a heavily suggested mask wearing protocol at home, too, until otherwise stated, we are at high risk of repeating 2020 and early 2021.

This may not be a big deal to those working from home or living in blue states and blue districts where people are vaccinated at higher than average percentages, but it will disproportionately and catastrophically affect places like Bumfuck, Kentucky, or Asinine, Alabama.

All of the little rural communities where everyone goes to the same Walmart, the same high school, using the same post office, or one or two churches, or have one university,?

Places like that.

Smalltown, USA.

And I know I personally have excoriated Smalltown, USA, due to their stubborn ignorance, however, I’m not prepared to salivate at their hypothetical deaths, which, BTW, are VERY quickly crossing from hypothesized deaths to real deaths.

I predict another lockdown, somewhere in the United States, and I also predict one in the EU and/or the UK of the vaccine pace doesn’t overtake the transmission pace amongst the unvaxxed.

This is why Turtle Mitch is sticking his neck out, and why FOX is broadcasting their vaccine caveat. Because of NASDAQ, the Dow, and the insurers of the banks, to the banks themselves.

The message should be alarmist AF.:

****Get vaccinated NOW, wearing masks no matter what, or risk infections by over 90% with death included, with chances being super high, ESPECIALLY for every single fat whore in America, and their fat whore spouse and their fat as fuck crotchfruit.

I can’t believe how many KIDS are basically 3X my weight and they can’t even ore or drink legally.

WOW !😞

🇺🇸 💔 🇺🇸

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 4:56 PM

On Monday I will join the Chosen People, that’s when I get my second jab. Can’t wait - will feel good to be better protected, and to be less of a potential spreader to those around me.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 5:00 PM

I'm not. I am not against it per se, but I don't care to take a vaccine that doesn't even have 2 years of probation. I ve been tested negative like 10 times, and I ride the subway, I ride dicks in bathouse and parks, I blow an average of 2 strangers/day (not swallowing every time though); I always wear a mask and I wash my hands. That's plenty sufficient

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 5:04 PM

The Chosen People?

Whatcha doin’, Dutchie, @ R21?

Going to Israel or converting to Judaism?

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 5:05 PM

Melania, no need to give us ALL of the deets regarding your daily itinerary. Or is that Jared’s?

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 5:09 PM

R24 here. Post was for Melania @ R22.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 5:10 PM

For R15. 👇🏽

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 5:16 PM

R24 you don't want to know that one of my "recurring" told me he wanted me to go to an island on the river today and have someone record me being spitroasted, and that I went; saw only 3 eldergays and a couple of bottoms, + the police, and had to change my itinerary, slipped and fell in the mud, then was stuck in the traffic on my way back for over 1 H ?

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 5:17 PM

R8 how did the vaccine injure you, if you don’t mind my asking?

Now I’m wondering if some sort of nervous or vascular injury happened to me with my first Pfizer. It took me over a month to recover basically from it; every few hours daily I had waves of crippling pain and shingles rush all over my body, and had moments where it felt my lungs weren’t working properly and I couldn’t hold onto enough air (even now, the top part of my lungs beneath the sternum feels damaged somehow, hard to get air into). Other times it felt like phantom clamps were constricting all blood flow to my limbs. Now 7 weeks later, I still have weird muscular pains come on every now and then, and my extremities have arthritis-like aches. Varicose veins and petechiae/bloodspots have suddenly come up in my limbs where I didn’t have them before, too. I would like to know the cause of all this, given that the doctor I saw 4 weeks in refused to tell me.

My second jab is in a month, and while I’m not cancelling my appointment, the experience I had with the first is making me very nervous and panicked and stressed about it. What if it’s worse this next time? I called the fucking hospital on two different occasions after part 1 because I genuinely felt a bad enough reaction.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 7:37 PM

^R28 the doctor “refused” to tell you? Do you really mean the doctor wasn’t entertaining your hypochondriac histrionics given you’ve just quoted known symptoms of COVID yet you are blaming a vaccine for them?

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 9:03 PM

Yes, of course. Why wouldn’t you? Vaccines have saved countless lives. Anyone who won’t take one without a genuine medical reason is, frankly, a moron. Regardless of what your Aunty or a thinly veiled Russian bit on Facebook says.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 9:06 PM

R29 no, the doctor I saw just straight up didn’t care to look into what I was presenting right in front of his face, presumably because he felt it wasn’t important enough to address for whatever reason (not like it’s his fucking job to look after the health of people who show up with pain or disease in his office). I had blood vessels showing all over me and couldn’t sit up or stand straight without wincing and shaking, but I guess I was making that up, because during a pandemic I enjoy nothing more than hanging out at hospital (a place I fear and loathe) at midnight with a bunch of addicts and cancer patients also waiting to waste a medic’s time? Yeah, that checks out...

The “lying bitchcunt presuming on a professional man’s time with her feminine hysteria and wiles” trope is really tired. We should retire it.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 10:28 PM

As always, beware of Russian trolls bearing polls.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 10:33 PM

One of the areas that concerns me is the waning of vaccines.

Israeli scientists have been looking at this area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 10:50 PM

Yes. Lucky to also be surrounded by people who are also vaxxed. No traumatic side effects to be heard of from those I know.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 10:51 PM

R31, I have heard of other cases where women (with real symptoms) were pretty much being told that it is all in their heads. It is really insulting and inhumane.

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 11:09 PM

"I haven't been vaccinated yet only because I work from home, get all my stuff delivered and haven't ventured from my property in ages, thus am entirely isolated. It's still on my to do list for this month. My sister, however, doesn't trust CDC data and is all too susceptible to propaganda. She is convinced that vaccinations will "rearrange DNA" catastrophically. I have no doubt this is utter bullshit. So I have two things to do: give her a full assessment of the pros and cons after I get vaccinated."

So, how does your not being vaccinated help your sister? If you were to get vaccinated, you could show her that you are still alive and unchanged and , maybe, she will be able to help herself. The longer you stay unvaccinated, the less you can pontificate to her. If you want to be a hermit, fine. But, if you ever hope to see your relatives, get the vaccine....and stop with this " I'm entirely safe" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 11:12 PM

I got the HBI (Hot Beef Injection) vaccine!

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2021 11:43 PM

R36, I know I need to get vaccinated and will be getting vaccinated within the next few weeks. However, this won't help my sister at all. Instead she'll get hysterical when I tell her, convinced that even though I seem fine and haven't suffered any adverse effects, it'll just be a matter of time until it's clear that the body snatchers have invaded. She's drunk every drop of the anti-vaxxer Kool-Aid. A couple of years ago I casually mentioned that I'd gotten a flu shot, and she had a near meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2021 12:47 AM

Israelis have had an anti-Pfizer thing for a while. Those studies have been met with skepticism as inconclusive generally.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2021 12:59 AM

So many deaths in january... Wicked vax!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2021 4:26 PM

Thank you R35, it’s nice to know that someone sees and hears us.

Though it would be great if the medical establishment did too. Frankly, I think much of this dismissive attitude comes from the top of the chain. This ties in to the fact that ’ health needs are vastly different from mens’, and therefore call for much more research and alternative approaches that just aren’t being looked into or funded enough. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that these vaccines work as promised, but have damaging unforeseen longterm for female bodies.

This doesn’t mean I’m not taking the second dose. Given my reaction to the first, I’m enormously scared and taking a big risk, but I know that I have a social responsibility regardless of the shitty way society treats my gender. If this vaccine does turn out to be hugely damaging for my body and those of other women, please know that this is just business as usual for a medical industry that is misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2021 4:58 PM

7.6 percent of the DL is stupid and cuntish

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2021 5:11 PM

r31, sounds nothing like a reaction to a vaccination and more like something else, you and your doctor both sound delusional

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2021 5:12 PM

I had my second one last week.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2021 5:59 PM

"shortly after the vaccination" eh? Well, guess what? They're not fully effective until two weeks after the second one!

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2021 6:06 PM

They’re vaccinating pro-soccer players at last. Or they’re claiming that they are, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 24, 2021 7:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!