Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden's approoval rate: POSITIVE. Kamala's: NEGATIVE.

JOE BIDEN: 52% favorable, 45% unfavorable.

KAMALA HARRIS: 45% favorable, 47% unfavorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 4, 2021 9:25 PM

Is her collapse complete, OP? Will she never be President now?

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 11:31 AM

Thursday is "Kamala sucks" day for the trolls. It's been this way all month, at least since the "Not A Healthy Environment" thread.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 11:33 AM

I haven’t been convinced she’s actually doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 11:34 AM

Does the VP ever really do anything?

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 11:36 AM

No, but she's doing it so badly.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2021 11:44 AM

Wait, I'm not caught up on Right Winger talking points.

Is it Kamala or Dr. Jill who is doing Joe's job all shadowy-like? I need to know which one of them actually should be getting props for that 52%! And, if it's Kamala who is doing both her AND Joe's job, how about we add "his" 52% and her 45% together and then just give her a big ol' 97% approval rating?

I guess if the Right Wing Machine is still claiming Dr. Jill is responsible for everything that Joe is doing, then she should get the credit for that 52%. Kamala has a lot of work to do either way!

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2021 5:18 PM

r2 You're such a try-hard liar. If I had posted that tomorrow instead of today, you'd be saying the same thing about Fridays. And by the way, I was going to post that yesterday night, but right when I was going to click on the green button to make the thread, Muriel lifted the paywall again.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2021 5:23 PM

Be glad she wasn't on top of the ticket in 2020, or we'd have President Trump now.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2021 5:24 PM

R4, we need to see her as a capable president-in-waiting, but I don't think we're there just yet.

She has time, though.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2021 5:24 PM

[quote] Thursday is "Kamala sucks" day for the trolls. I

She just triggers so many things that make right-wing nutjobs' heads want to explode -- female, black, Democrat, from California!

They truly believed Sarah Palin was going to be their first female VP. Poor things.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2021 5:24 PM

It's painful when a Democratic voter thinks and posts the equivalence of a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2021 5:29 PM

The kingmakers are upset by Kamala's laugh, and the LA Times is ON IT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2021 5:46 PM

Does these polls really matter in a non election year? We are more divided as a nation in the first place and people voice their opinions more.

When approval matters we'll see - and, of course, it will be a contest against another pol who may have worse approval ratings.

What's wrong with her laugh?

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2021 5:51 PM

I never liked Kamala. I wish Biden would have picked somebody else for VP. I was hoping for Pete Buttigieg or Cory Booker.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2021 5:53 PM

Allowing for the margin of error, that actually is not a negative rating overall. It's actually evenly balanced.

But, don't let that get in the way of your Reich-wing messaging, OP.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote] But, don't let that get in the way of your Reich-wing messaging, OP.

How in god's name is reporting political approval ratings a "reich-wing" anything?

Stop trying to censor political discussion, R15. Your totalitarianism is noted.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2021 6:00 PM

r10 Don't forget this: It's not just Republican conservatives who are triggered by Kamala - Democrat centrists are, too: because she does poorly in the polls. Your reaction and r2's is proof of that: you two are the only ones triggered here.

I, by the way, am not right-wing at all. I am a non-American who has a strong interest in American party politics. If I had to pick an American politician to be my favorite, it would be Bernie Sanders, who is far to the left of Kamala. I also like a few other US politicians: for example, Mark Pocan and Betty McCollum, both Democrats, because they are critical of traditional US foreign policy. On the other hand, I can't think of a single Republican that I like. I don't like anyone who is too right-wing, and that includes Kamala. Which is not the same thing as saying that I am triggered by her, let alone for the reasons you adduced.

The reason I posted this thread is that I found it curious that she is unpopular at a time when the government she is a part of is not, and I wanted people closer to these politicians to analyze why. I expected smarter or at least more sincere posts, which addressed the phenomenon described in the thread without indulging in Russiagate conspiracy clichés right away, but I was wrong. The trauma of the Trump presidency is still fresh in the minds of some of you: it will take a while before the Democrats lose the addiction they've developed to analyzing everything undesirable going on in their country under the light of this false narrative. Perhaps you will never recover, just as Republicans never recovered from the trauma of the Obama presidency, and instead remain as addicted to fake news as they ever were.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote] She just triggers so many things that make right-wing nutjobs' heads want to explode -- female, black, Democrat, from California!

VP Harris is being held to the Hillary Clinton standard of nothing she does is going to be good enough. No one gave a fuck about what Mike Pence did or what Joe Biden did nor any other white male VP. Republican attacks on Biden have fallen flat. He continues to be popular. They've spent the last few weeks relaunching their attacks on Harris. She won't be president and neither will any other woman.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2021 6:02 PM

[quote] She just triggers so many things that make right-wing nutjobs' heads want to explode -- female, black, Democrat, from California!

Don't forget incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote]VP Harris is being held to the Hillary Clinton standard of nothing she does is going to be good enough. No one gave a fuck about what Mike Pence did or what Joe Biden did nor any other white male VP.

This is a really good point. What are they disapproving of? She really doesn't do anything like almost all VPs. The only VP of consequence in the last 30 years was Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 6:07 PM

R18, there will be a woman president someday, but she'll have to meet an insanely high standard to compensate for campaigning while female. Once heard a political scientist say that the penalty for running as a Black presidential candidate is about 6 points. There's also a 6- point penalty for running as a woman. Add I'm the polarisation in this country, the electoral college advantage of rural states, and the margins if the last several elections and it's hard to see Kamala being the breakthrough candidate.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 6:11 PM

Oh LORT what are we going to do? This is just TERRIBLE news. I’m crying buckets of tears. The sky is falling.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 6:12 PM

It’s too bad she can’t be white like him huh?

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 6:14 PM

The problem, R21, is that even knowing all of that, she's still going to end up being the nominee after Biden because of the political climate on the left. There is no way a black female sitting VP will be rejected as the nominee. Those of us who've seen what a horrible campaigner she is from the beginning will be told to sit down and shut up and then watch as a Repug become president.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 6:32 PM

R24 Voters have a say in that. Who knows, she may not run. But in the end, voters have the say. If she is weak (she CAN grow in this role), then she won’t be the nominee. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 6:34 PM

For all Biden's flaws, he does have a great deal of experience in many areas like foreign policy and at the highest levels of government. That counts for a great deal. It helps him enormously even if one doesn't approve of all his policies. Stability and a president who understands that patience is a virtue can be a real plus.

Our foreign relations are important for a number of issues and Biden should be handling these well enough - I imagine much of it is going on behind the scenes which is good.

Harris just doesn't have that level or same kind of experience and that may be hurting her. But, hey, you gotta start somewhere so why not as Veep?

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 6:35 PM

The GOP has worked hard at attacking Harris, knowing that she will run for President.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 6:37 PM

Countries far more conservative than the US have already elected female heads of state: Pakistan, India, Senegal. Does anyone here really believe that women in these countries are freer than American women? In addition, electoral analysis has shown that there is no anti-female bias among American voters: Republicans are neutral between men and women, while Democrats have demonstrated a bias toward women. If either sex is prejudiced in American elections, it is men.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] The problem, [R21], is that even knowing all of that, she's still going to end up being the nominee after Biden because of the political climate on the left. There is no way a black female sitting VP will be rejected as the nominee. Those of us who've seen what a horrible campaigner she is from the beginning will be told to sit down and shut up and then watch as a Repug become president.

VP Harris will have to run and win the nomination. After 2016 and Clintons failed campaign, Democratic voters are afraid of nominating a woman. They were afraid in 2020 and that won't change. The most loyal Democratic voters, through their support behind Biden because they knew he could win. They did not support Harris. Democrats are not going to risk nominating a woman and the United States is not going to elect a woman.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 6:41 PM

That is one long ass trailer.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote]you two are the only ones triggered here. I, by the way, am not right-wing at all

All this "triggered" talk says otherwise.

The margin of error on this Morning Consult poll is 2%. Biden is 45% disapprove, Harris is 47% disapprove. With the MoE, they are basically at the same level of disapproval.

You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 6:45 PM

R29, even though they weren't on board with Harris last time, I think kicking her to the curb at this point would piss off black women enough to make them sit out the election in a high enough number that it would make us lose the general. Plus, the far left would make it their mission to end the Democrats because their idiocy cannot be underestimated when it comes to elections.

[quote]In addition, electoral analysis has shown that there is no anti-female bias among American voters: Republicans are neutral between men and women

Absolute bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 6:46 PM

I think you're overstating her importance to the GOP - as a nominee. They're far more interested now in hurting the Democrats and the Biden presidency and she's a cudgel. I doubt the Republicans are sitting around terrified of Harris for President. It's too soon and she's not exactly a triump as Veep, is she?

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 6:48 PM

R33 I see you are subtly trying to reinforce the narrative that has not been a “triumph” when we hardly know what she has done. She had a bad press conference and suddenly OMFG she’s awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if Pence was such a fucking gem.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 7:03 PM

The far left is not rushing to Kamala's defense anytime soon. Between the minimum wage debacle, and her "Do not come" remarks, they're all but done with her at this point.

I also think some of you are greatly overestimating her appeal among black voters as well, which was almost at zero percent when she was running for President. It was black women in the media who pushed her HARD, as well as the idea that a black woman HAD to be the Vice Presidential nominee this time around. The average person is going to want the best candidate, not the one who checks off the most "woke" boxes. If that were the case, they wouldn't have made Biden the nominee.

That being said, I think Michelle Obama is the only woman at this point who has a reasonable chance of becoming President.

It just isn't working with Kamala. Hillary was divisive, but she worked her ass off as Secretary of state, and more than showed that she was up for the position. She did a lot of good under Obama's tenure. Kamala by contrast, just seems to be floundering. And the clearly staged "Everything is fine" photo op's that pop up every couple of weeks aren't helping either.

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 7:04 PM

Gee, I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 7:06 PM

All the racist right-wingers have invaded. You hate all black women

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2021 7:06 PM

R35 Another “lifelong Democrat” pushing the negative narrative about Harris. It won’t work. If she proves competent and grows in the role, she will write her own ticket. If she doesn’t, voters will look elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2021 7:06 PM

R31 said the only thing worth saying.

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote]Stop trying to censor political discussion, [R15].

I did not try to censor anything. How could I have any power to do so? I did not even F&F that post.

It seems you have real problems with hyperbole, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2021 7:08 PM

R34, it doesn't matter if she's better than Pence. He isn't in the chair. She's probably a better Vice-President than James Shermanfrom, Thomas Marshall or Alben Barkley, but so fucking what? Is it somehow an indicative of your ability when you're a better Vice-President than Miss Mike Pence? My dog licks balls less than Pence but she's not gonna be a good VP.

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2021 7:08 PM

No one cares about this poll because we're only 6 months into the Presidency. It means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2021 7:09 PM

How dare that uppity Negress go around pretending she's the Vice President or something!

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2021 7:14 PM

FYI Dataloungers : There's a Politico dot com troll up in here, posting garbage from that conservative site. She was also responsible for another anti-Kamala post on this site about a week ago, also linking to a Politico site.

Really? VP approval ratings now?

It's as if somebody wants to troll away Kamala, same way they wanted to troll away Obama.

Troll's prior troll post is linked below, so you can FF and block her ass there as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2021 7:17 PM

Love love love Kamala, no matter what!!!

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2021 7:21 PM

I'm not hearing anything about kids at the border. Sounds like she fixed that one.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2021 7:22 PM

Or, r46, the media isn't telling you about kids at the border.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2021 7:27 PM

If Kamala is the Dem nominee in 2024, she will get trounced by whoever the GOP run.

Biden should have picked Susan Rice.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2021 7:34 PM

Why are you expecting more from Kamala than any other VP? And no guarantee she will be the Dem candidate after Joe is finished.

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2021 7:36 PM

Put r17 and OP and half the thread disappears. F&F

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2021 7:39 PM

Okay, perhaps now half the thread, but OP is very, very concerned.

by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2021 7:41 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA 👩🏽

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2021 8:05 PM

“Kamala no Good she not strong on plow, she steal Boris goat, she got bad name, she need lift of face, she drive new car, she wear ugly shoe, she eat cabbage of Boris and no pay, she have ugly step-daughter, she have long hairs, she not really American she Russian like Boris, she marry white man, she is white man, she bad cook, she like sleepy Joe, she ssteal money from Boris, she have bad tooth in mouth, she no like sexxy time with Boris want BBC, she Lesbo, she Tranny, She gay man and str8 at same time, she no good.”

“Do any of this make you hate on black lady who have India mom?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote] If Kamala is the Dem nominee in 2024, she will get trounced by whoever the GOP run. Biden should have picked Susan Rice.

Again: VP Harris will have to run and win the nomination. After 2016 and Clintons failed campaign, Democratic voters are afraid of nominating a woman. They were afraid in 2020 and that won't change. The most loyal Democratic voters, through their support behind Biden because they knew he could win. They did not support Harris. Democrats are not going to risk nominating a woman and the United States is not going to elect a woman. And Rice was no more or less popular than Harris.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2021 8:20 PM

Kamala checks a lot of diversity boxes for MSNBC. Unfortunately she doesn't check the boxes for 1) very intelligent 2) very articulate 3) charismatic 4) tough.

Joe should have chosen Amy Klobuchar. We need somebody tough and Amy's tough as nails.

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2021 8:23 PM

Wait so a poll in the US didn't favor a female minority's abilities in politics. Shocking. You suck troll.

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2021 8:24 PM

Even Biden's 52% isn't that great. It should be higher.

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2021 8:29 PM

Not sure Kamala has what it takes. Sorry, I liked her, but she's just not convincing. I hope Joe does two terms and then it's all back to square one anyway.

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2021 8:30 PM

Well she is a jerk & always has been with her wrongheaded, knee jerk version of leftism. For her leftism is all a pose about making useless, esoteric points and getting her photo taken while doing it saying something “cool.”: A real leftist would be doing something about affordable housing & healthcare for Americans. Nobody cares about pronouns or rainbow flags. They care about affording medication, decent nursing homes for parents, jobs, housing, a social safety net.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote] Kamala checks a lot of diversity boxes for MSNBC. Unfortunately she doesn't check the boxes for 1) very intelligent 2) very articulate 3) charismatic 4) tough. Joe should have chosen Amy Klobuchar. We need somebody tough and Amy's tough as nails.

If only he’d chosen Klobuchar. Maybe he would have won. Klobuchar is as charismatic as a bowl of corn flakes. She’s no more intelligent nor articulate than Harris.

None of this is about “diversity boxes” for television networks. It is about creating an administration that reflects the diversity of this nation. Which does actually include more than white people.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2021 8:31 PM

I voted for Biden but I still don't like him-never have. He's a clutzy old pol, the type who used to hang around in smoky backrooms making shady deals.

I actually liked Kamala before she ran for President, but honestly she's so underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2021 8:32 PM

Kamala will do very well. You just wait.

by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote] Even Biden's 52% isn't that great. It should be higher.

After his first three months, Biden approval rating is higher than Donald Trump’s (41.9%) and Bill Clinton’s (52.9%) approvals were at the same point in their presidencies. However, it’s lower than the approval ratings of Barack Obama (60.2%), George W. Bush (56.2%), and Ronald Reagan (67.6%) at the 92-day mark.

History suggests Biden’s reelection odds will be strong if he can hold onto his current approval rating of 53.4%. After all, every modern president who went into election day with an approval rating above 50% has won. That includes Obama (52%), Clinton (54%), and Reagan (58%). Only George W. Bush (48%) has won reelection with an approval under 50%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2021 8:40 PM

R60 "reflects the diversity of this nation" - black women are the Democratic Party's most reliable voters but they are also only 6% of the population. Biden never said he'd name a black woman VP, just a woman. He said he'd name a black woman to SCOTUS. Then Joy Reid et al. harassed him to name Harris. She's from California - no electoral college advantage there - Cali's in the bag for Democrats.

Maybe Biden will name her to SCOTUS. That would be a graceful way out. She must realize herself, after her lousy campaign, that she's in over her head in national politics.

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2021 8:40 PM

[quote] I actually liked Kamala before she ran for President, but honestly she's so underwhelming.

That is absolutely on purpose. They're trying to make her more relatable rather than "angry black woman."

by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2021 8:43 PM

Oh, I left out the last point - she’s a jerk, but she’s the one we had to nominate. She checked the boxes that allowed the media to tell democrats that she was exactly what they needed. We really couldn’t nominate anyone else for VP. Not a white man, not even a man; not a white woman who pretended to be Native American; not a shouty old fart who’s accomplished nothing in his life & saddled us with Donald Trump in 2016. Thank God not that Tulsi idiot. We really had no choice. Stacey Abram is too obese, has a face like a dropped blackberry pie with an awful space between her teeth and audibly panted when she walked up two steps to a podium in the middle of a stage because she was out of breath. Liberals may admire her, but we needed to get as many people to the polls as possible and Stacey wasn’t going to get them there.

Kamala is not unattractive. She’s not obese. She got the female democratic vote, she is half Indian and Americans pretty much admire Indian immigrants because they’re so successful. I remember on November 9th, 2016, telling my husband why the dem ticket in 2020 had to be Biden & Harris or else we’d lose and saying “but they need to keep her as far away from a microphone as possible because the woman hasn’t an ounce of common sense.” And they have pretty much done that, so I’m glad.

by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2021 8:44 PM

R28, you're talking about countries that are politically quite different than the United States. Benazhir Bhutto, for example, was a member of a powerful political family. Generally, women leaders in the Third World come from politically powerful families--the daughter or widow of a beloved leader. And I can think of two of them that were assassinated.

Hillary tried that route and also made sure that she was legitimately qualified, but she was vilified and even though she won the popular vote by three million, she was beaten, thanks to the skewing of our electoral college, by an unqualfied and corrupt buffoon. So, yes, the U.S. has a particular problem in that its most regressive voters get a bump from the electoral college. If that weren't the case, we'd have had Democratic presidents since the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote] [R60] "reflects the diversity of this nation" - black women are the Democratic Party's most reliable voters but they are also only 6% of the population. Biden never said he'd name a black woman VP, just a woman. He said he'd name a black woman to SCOTUS. Then Joy Reid et al. harassed him to name Harris. She's from California - no electoral college advantage there - Cali's in the bag for Democrats.

Biden was elected president with the help of Harris. That choice was smart. They won. That doesn’t need to be re-litigated. You like Klobuchar. That’s great voters didn’t want her. Black voters did not want her. Black voters desire to be represented on the presidential ticket has nothing to do with MSNBC. Joy Reid is simply the one black person in your very white world.

[quote]!Maybe Biden will name her to SCOTUS. That would be a graceful way out. She must realize herself, after her lousy campaign, that she's in over her head in national politics.

All of the women candidates were doomed. After Clinton Democratic voters are not going to risk running a woman. You can make that same argument about any of the women who ran. You could argue that they should all stay out of national politics. However, their campaigns were not the problem. The fact that they are not white men is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2021 9:01 PM

[quote] Black voters did not want her.

We did not want her either! Bitch is moody and cray.

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2021 9:03 PM

You folks criticizing Kamala are idiots. What do you expect her to do as VP? Looking at you R59

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote] Biden’s reelection odds

Biden will not be running for reelection at age 82.

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2021 9:12 PM

Will Biden even make it to 2024? If Harris becomes president through death, resignation, or Amendment 25 Section 4, that changes the whole picture.

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2021 9:15 PM

Shame on all of you. Kamala is a beautiful, proud black African American woman. Borned in the midst of Mississippi, Kamala spent her childhood years busing around the state to mingle with the white kids. Although she had a tough childhood, she was happy to be able to grow up with the love of her parents. One of her favourite childhood memories is her celebrating Kwanzaa with her parents. She still remembers fondly the taste of delicious fried chicken and watermelon dessert.

After her graduation from law school, Kamala, as a proud black lawyer now, representing victims of the corrupt system towards the black community. Her catchphrase is, "With me here, ain't nobody going to put you in jail". After winning case after case, she met the city mayor, Willie Brown, who fell in love with her because of her courage and toughness. Despite their relationship fell apart, Kamala was nominated as the prosecutor for California, and eventually became the attorney general. As a attorney general, Kamala had been tough on criminals and protected the state, from black kid with only some pots to mother's with children of truancy, Kamala sent all these evils to jail.

In the presidential debate, Kamala faced the man who makes her childhood suffer, Joe Biden. Even Joe was a vice president at that time, Kamala was not afraid. She remembered the lesson her mama taught her, "always be real". And she was the realest she had ever been. Knowing God was on her side, she called out Joe for his past.

But Kamala learned something even more important, and it was the gift of forgiveness. She forgave the man who ruined her childhood. A stone was lifted out of Kamala heart.

She and Joe now were even bestie. They worked together seamlessly. Kamala, doing nothing but sitting on her chair as she did most of the day, rethought about how far this little girl has gone. She smiled.

by Anonymousreply 73July 23, 2021 4:41 AM

How does this compare with other VP approvals?

by Anonymousreply 74July 23, 2021 5:00 AM

[quote] Even Biden's 52% isn't that great. It should be higher.

Both political sides in our country constantly and loudly proclaim their differences and their hatred and disrespect for those with differing opinions. They rarely seek to find any common ground.

This is the result.

by Anonymousreply 75July 23, 2021 5:32 AM

[quote] Both political sides in our country constantly and loudly proclaim their differences and their hatred and disrespect for those with differing opinions. They rarely seek to find any common ground. This is the result.

Politics is about much more than your opinion. The hyper partisan divide in this country is the result of 30 yrs of right wing disinformation and misinformation fed to Republicans via right wing talk radio and cable news. It is the result of the anti intellectual, anti science, anti truth, anti fact rhetoric fed to Republicans. It is the result of right wing media using their various platforms to confirm the prejudices of their audience, instead of reporting truth and facts.

There is no magical common ground because Republicans do nothing but lie. As far as legislative compromise goes. Republicans not Democrats proclaimed that comprise was a dirty word. During the Trump administration we watched Republicans shit all over the rule of law, the US Constitution, our democratic norms and our democratic institutions. There is no common ground to found there.

We watched Republicans choose obstruction over the well-being of both their constituents and the nation. They did it under President Obama and they are doing it now. Under both administrations we seen Democrats waste an endless amount of time, seeking compromise and mythological bipartisanship.

No both parties are not the same and the Republican Party is largely responsible for the hyper partisanship and the current state of our politics.

by Anonymousreply 76July 23, 2021 7:36 AM

Actually, She's doing a great job. America loves the first female VP.

by Anonymousreply 77July 23, 2021 8:29 AM

Klan Granny thread. OP is Surviving Demon.

by Anonymousreply 78July 23, 2021 9:40 AM

[quote]Will Biden even make it to 2024?

Yes he will do both terms!

by Anonymousreply 79July 23, 2021 11:20 AM

Excellent summary R73.

But you forgot to add her famous "freedom" tale: When Kamala Harris was young, she accompanied her parents to civil rights marches, and when her mother asked Kamala what she wanted, Kamala responded: “Fweedom!” (MLK later stole this heartwarming story from her).

by Anonymousreply 80July 23, 2021 11:47 AM

[quote] The fact that they are not white men is the problem.

The fact that they are not white men in the United States is the problem.

It isn't perfect, but the rest of the world struggles less with the concept of a woman as head of government (in principle at least, you can't say Theresa May, for example, triumphed in the UK but that was more because of her personality than her gender.) The UK, Germany, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Iceland, Bangladesh, Norway, Estonia, Serbia, Israel, Argentina, Chile, Brazi, Denmark... they've all had women in the top job at one time or another.

by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2021 11:47 AM

Oh gee, what a surprise. The only thing Americans hate more the black people is women.

Those are actually AMAZING approval ratings for Kamala, considering the prejudices against her for being a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2021 11:48 AM

Compared to Pence, I think she's super competent.

by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2021 1:56 PM

I’m with R64.

When it comes time, if Harris seems unpopular as a presidential nominee, Biden - who will not run for re-election - will nominate Harris for SCOTUS.

Who, then, will be the Democratic nominee?

Who should we be grooming even as we type?

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2021 2:14 PM

It's so STUPID for people to use the "She's mean!" narrative. Who gives a crap how she is personally? I'm not voting for "Best Friend;" I'm voting for VP.

In fact, I want my VP to be a total Bitch. She has to face asshole men in top positions

by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2021 2:23 PM

Women were not “ doomed” in the 2020 primary. That is such a media/Elizabeth Warren talking point.

by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2021 2:38 PM

I love Kamala. And she is to the LEFT of Joe by a mile. The GOP and their media cohorts are all about demonizing her. They hate her. Not just because they know she'll run for POTUS, but because of what she did to Kavanaugh and to Barr. She was brilliant. And they hate her. IF you break it down, it is the same irrational, knee jerk bullshit Hillary faced. And the GOP strategy is to make people think everyone feels that way when they clearly do not.

Kamala took on the absolute worst issue Biden had on his plate: The border crisis and immigration issues. And since that issue "belongs" to Trump they went after her had. But she didn't give in to the photo op she instead met with foreign governments to enlist their cooperation. She is smart and with some experience and coaching on presentation, she will be a great President.

Because this is not business as usual. This is do or die. We cannot afford to allow an authoritarian, Anti Constitution party gain the White House or either house of Congress. We really are in deep shit and the fucking media wants us to think this is just politics. Politico is a piece of shit. The Republican Party needs to be decertified and dismantled.

None of those fuckers needs to be in a public office and I'm talking about state and local offices too. They are traitors. If some believe I paint with too broad a brush, fuck it. The members of the current GOP who do not support the authoritarian White Supremacists bullshit, or the people who tried to overthrow our government, or who are passing these suppression laws, ought to walk away and start a new party. Adam Kinzinger I'm looking at you.

by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2021 2:52 PM

2024, like 2020, will be the Republicans' election to lose. They have the advantage in terms of money, messaging, the ability to arouse powerful primal emotions in their followers, and all those little local political fixes in terms of districting and voting restrictions that make it harder for Democratic candidates to win elections. All they have going against them is the absolute shit quality of their candidates. Kamala is qualified to do her job, understands the nature of her job, is morally fit for her job, and is actually doing her job to the best of her ability.

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2021 2:53 PM

Republicans are afraid of her just like they were afraid of Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2021 2:54 PM

[quote]Does these polls really matter in a non election year?

It has benefit as a mid-year performance appraisal. The assessment by the public that she is failing can be used by her to try to turn things around.

by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2021 3:07 PM

I'm not impressed with Kamala, but I think she can turn it around. When she gives a speech, she appears to be talking AT people, not to them. But her biggest mistake is her handling the crisis at the border. Why did she take so long to get there, or hold a presser about it? So far I'd give her a C-

by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2021 3:22 PM

[quote] Who, then, will be the Democratic nominee?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 23, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote] After 2016 and Clintons failed campaign, Democratic voters are afraid of nominating a woman. They were afraid in 2020 and that won't change.

Wrong. Go back to bed, grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2021 4:54 PM

Mayor Pete thinks it'll be him!!!!

---First Gentleman Chasten Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 94July 23, 2021 4:54 PM

R88 is either an idiot or a troll. Probably both.

by Anonymousreply 95July 23, 2021 4:55 PM

It will be Pete, R94, but sadly, Chasten will not be the First Gentleman. Pete needs a trophy hubby by his side.

by Anonymousreply 96July 23, 2021 4:57 PM

who cares Joe is the president, not Kamala

Fugly Pete will never be president. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 97July 23, 2021 4:58 PM

If we want a Gay President I suggest you take a good look at Sean Patrick Maloney. God I love that man!

by Anonymousreply 98July 23, 2021 5:33 PM

Early in the campaign, before the primaries, I met Kamala Harris at a gathering where there were less than 250 people. It was a Q & A format and after she made a few remarks, people asked questions. All I want to say is the woman is warm, engaging, brilliant and very lovely. She is a hugger and she speaks clearly about issues, and shows how all those big numbers relate to you. I love her. I will follow her anywhere. She's absolutely wonderful and I will not allow other people to define her and scare voters. We ought to learn from that shit.

by Anonymousreply 99July 23, 2021 5:39 PM

If you want a gay President, I'd say Jared Polis, the Governor of Colorado, would be a good candidate.

by Anonymousreply 100July 23, 2021 6:34 PM

Behold the man... I rest my case.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 23, 2021 7:16 PM

Maloney and Polis are both much better, much more experienced candidates than Pete. Pete's going nowhere. Secy of Transportation's a dead-end. He'll end up with a show on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 102July 23, 2021 7:17 PM

[quote] The only thing Americans hate more the black people is women.

I will tell give you an anecdote from the morning after Hillary lost. A black male colleague whose judgement I always trust came up to me and whispered to me, "I didn't realize they hated you more than they hated me."

As a woman I have known for a long time that a black male would more easily become president than a woman of any color would.

Women are hated all over the world, no matter which "color" was or is in the majority and throughout history.

We need to understand this basic fact about how women have been treated by those of ALL colors.

by Anonymousreply 103July 23, 2021 7:39 PM

R103 problem is women hate other women.. Who were launching the most vicious attacks on Hillary in 2016? Alleged liberals Andrea Mitchell, Maureen Dowd and Mika Thingy.

by Anonymousreply 104July 23, 2021 8:45 PM

[quote] problem is women hate other women.

And where do you think that arises from? Our genes?

If you want to talk about systemic anything then begin with systemic misogyny. That covers about 52% of the humans on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 105July 23, 2021 8:53 PM

Again with the better than Pence. My VHS is better than Pence. My New Coke is better than Pence. My toilet paper right before I flush is better than Pence.

Better than Pence is the best you can offer?

by Anonymousreply 106July 23, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] And where do you think that arises from? Our genes?

Actually, yes.

by Anonymousreply 107July 23, 2021 9:28 PM

Pete will win.

by Anonymousreply 108July 23, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote] [R103] problem is women hate other women.. Who were launching the most vicious attacks on Hillary in 2016? Alleged liberals Andrea Mitchell, Maureen Dowd and Mika Thingy.

No, the problem is you're ignoring all your fellow males who were launching attacks on her for years. You obviously have a huge problem standing up to other men. Even here, the gay men are tearing Kamala to shreds just because she's a woman.

by Anonymousreply 109July 24, 2021 12:54 AM

It’s still too early to predict 2024, anything can happen. Doubtful that she will ever be elected president. Don’t forget that early on, when Biden’s campaign was faltering, the African-American voters still were not supporting Harris. They never warmed up to her, like they didn’t to Pete. She didn’t help Biden’s victory. It all came down to Biden and Trump.

It is logical thinking, and historical facts prove this out, that the incumbent VP is likely the front runner to be the next nominee. However, given she has low ratings, if other Dems see she is not a strong candidate, they’ll jump in the race. Ted Kennedy did this with Carter. One of FDR’s VPs challenged him.

Let the black women demand she be the candidate, or they’ll sit it out, as one person stated above. With or without the black women’s vote, she’ll lose either way. Don’t forget she barely won her first race for statewide office. Not so popular in CA either. Look at all the bad press she got from keeping black men in jail longer that necessary. She’s not impressing the nation as a whole. Can’t handle the few tasks Biden handed her. If she can’t do that, how can she serve as president. She’s not running the WH, Biden’s team is.

by Anonymousreply 110July 24, 2021 1:44 AM

The media covering the “Kamala Harris problem” yet again…

by Anonymousreply 111July 24, 2021 1:47 AM

R109 I'm not tearing Kamala to pieces. And certainly not because she's a woman. She's underwhelming. Amy Klobuchar I could vote for. Kamala's like an actress playing the role of a politician. If she were the Dem nominee, I'd vote for her. Unenthusiastically. And as I'm sure she'd lose, I hope she's never the nomineee.

She seems like a very nice person - but that's not enough. Hillary Clinton I voted for very enthusiastically. I even supported her against Obama in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 112July 24, 2021 2:00 AM

[quote] It’s still too early to predict 2024, anything can happen. Doubtful that she will ever be elected president. Don’t forget that early on, when Biden’s campaign was faltering, the African-American voters still were not supporting Harris. They never warmed up to her, like they didn’t to Pete. She didn’t help Biden’s victory. It all came down to Biden and Trump. Let the black women demand she be the candidate, or they’ll sit it out, as one person stated above. With or without the black women’s vote, she’ll lose either way. Don’t forget she barely won her first race for statewide office. Not so popular in CA either. Look at all the bad press she got from keeping black men in jail longer that necessary. She’s not impressing the nation as a whole. Can’t handle the few tasks Biden handed her. If she can’t do that, how can she serve as president. She’s not running the WH, Biden’s team is.

1. Black and white voters did not support the women candidates because they didn’t believe that they could win the national race. The women candidates, including Harris struggled. Which does not mean that Harris or Warren aren’t popular and well liked. Voters love them both. Black, white, Asian and Hispanic voters were excited to have Harris on the ticket. Women were particularly excited. Biden needed Harris. It’s ridiculous to claim that she brought nothing to the ticket.

2. Harris is a biracial (half Asian/half black Jamaican). The fact that she won multiple statewide races is a testament to her popularity, her talent and skill as a politician. She is a trailblazer.

3. She ran for president. Of course her critics used everything but the kitchen sink, in their attacks against her. Generally speaking that’s how politics and campaigns go. Attempting to use those attacks to prove that someone is unpopular is just stupid.

4. The part of the nation that has functioning brain cells is not expecting Harris nor any other human being to solve the decades long immigration problems in 6 months. Nor can she magically and instantly fix the voting rights crisis.

Your entire argument is absurdly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 113July 24, 2021 2:21 AM

[quote] [R109] I'm not tearing Kamala to pieces. And certainly not because she's a woman. She's underwhelming. Amy Klobuchar I could vote for. Kamala's like an actress playing the role of a politician. If she were the Dem nominee, I'd vote for her. Unenthusiastically. And as I'm sure she'd lose, I hope she's never the nomineee.

Please shut up about Amy Klobuchar. Voters do not want her.

[quote]!She seems like a very nice person - but that's not enough. Hillary Clinton I voted for very enthusiastically. I even supported her against Obama in 2008.

After Clinton’s loss in 2016. None of these women are going to win the nomination. Votes are not going to nominate a women candidate for president.

by Anonymousreply 114July 24, 2021 2:26 AM

She's not a visible VP.

by Anonymousreply 115July 24, 2021 2:49 AM

You don't get a sense of her as engaged in the process the way Biden was with Obama. I found him quite active... I don't really know what he did... but there was a real comms plan to reinforce that relationship. I don't believe in conspiracy theories but I wouldn't be surprised if this was Jill's revenge. Keep your enemies closer.

by Anonymousreply 116July 24, 2021 2:51 AM

I think Biden has a problem with always having been the side-kick, never the star. He's got an enormous ego and was fed up with playing second fiddle to Obama. He doesn't want any 'stars' taking the limelight from him. He'll keep Kamala in the shadows. His cabinet is made up of dull pencil-pushers who can't catch the media's interest. He could have named Sally Yates AG, no he goes with dull Garland. Homeland Security has a nonentity, State is the same, Yellen's 100 years old.

by Anonymousreply 117July 24, 2021 4:01 AM

[quote] I think Biden has a problem with always having been the side-kick, never the star. He's got an enormous ego and was fed up with playing second fiddle to Obama. He doesn't want any 'stars' taking the limelight from him. He'll keep Kamala in the shadows. His cabinet is made up of dull pencil-pushers who can't catch the media's interest. He could have named Sally Yates AG, no he goes with dull Garland. Homeland Security has a nonentity, State is the same, Yellen's 100 years old.

Vice presidents are never the star and historically speaking, most don’t ever become president. Your comments about the cabinet are even more nonsensical. Most people never have a clue who most of the cabinet secretaries are. They aren’t chosen because of their media potential.

by Anonymousreply 118July 24, 2021 5:00 PM

R118 when a person is Vice-President to the oldest President in history, that Veep needs to be visible and look very competent and dynamic. Cheney and Gore were certainly highly visible Veeps. Cheney way too much so. Biden was also very visible during Obama's Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 119July 24, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]Amy Klobuchar I could vote for. Kamala's like an actress playing the role of a politician.

Yep! Kamala isn't filling those shoes. I wonder if she's doing both terms. She was really disappointing during the primaries, which surprised me a bit because I thought she'd be a stronger candidate. But once people realized she was a phony, it was over for her. And she still doesn't get it what her problem is.

by Anonymousreply 120July 24, 2021 6:53 PM

You can thank religion for the way women are regarded. Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. women were always subject to men. They were chattel. Marriages contacts were about property. Women had to obey. Everything was about serving the man.

by Anonymousreply 121July 24, 2021 7:29 PM

Voters won't vote for a person of either gender who cackles. Future female candidates will learn this from Hillary and Kamala's experience.

by Anonymousreply 122July 24, 2021 8:16 PM

I really like Kamala but she’s made some big blunders in the past month. They should have prepared her better for that interview about the border IMO.

by Anonymousreply 123July 24, 2021 8:21 PM

Off topic but, still...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 24, 2021 9:25 PM

Et tu, WaPo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 4, 2021 12:42 AM

Kamala's one of those politicians who sounds great on paper but is underwhelming in person.

by Anonymousreply 126August 4, 2021 12:50 AM

I have a couple of moderate right friends. They all like Biden - to a point. But they HATE Kamala. It's weird. They can never tell me exactly why.

(And two of them are women and none are racist at all. They're moderate right simply because of money.)

by Anonymousreply 127August 4, 2021 12:52 AM

Can she ever stop giggling? Embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 128August 4, 2021 12:54 AM

I met her and I love her. The ight is demonizing her the way they did to Hillary and anyone who falls for it is shit to me.

by Anonymousreply 129August 4, 2021 12:57 AM

[quote] Approoval

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 130August 4, 2021 1:02 AM

Washington Post, LA Times, and Slate, are right wing, R129?

by Anonymousreply 131August 4, 2021 1:06 AM

Interesting that a couple of you say that you really like her a lot after seeing her in person. That's the big problem - she's great at relating to small groups, but not ready for a larger stage where she doesn't come across nearly as well!

Interesting that folks here are absolutely dead certain that all black American women will be enraged if she is not the nominee, but virtually no a black women supported her when she ran for president?

by Anonymousreply 132August 4, 2021 1:15 AM

Biden's approval rate: POSITIVE, but plummeting.

Support for Joe Biden is taking a hit according to a new poll, amid a number of crises from illegal immigration to a reemergence of coronavirus and accompanying restrictions.

The Harvard Harris Poll, which will be released in full this week, shows the president’s approval rating at 52 percent, down 10 points from the same poll in June, and 43 percent of respondents disapprove of Biden.

The poll showed that COVID-19 has once again replaced the economy as the issue most important to voters, after two weeks of confused messaging from the White House and the CDC in reaction to a surge in Delta variant cases.

The Biden administration has also faced challenges at the US-Mexico border where record numbers of illegal immigrants are crossing, fears surrounding growing inflation, and spikes in violent crime in the nation’s biggest cities.

Those headwinds are showing up in the numbers, as Mark Penn, the co-director of the poll put it plainly, “the honeymoon…is officially over.”

by Anonymousreply 133August 4, 2021 1:44 AM

Link?

by Anonymousreply 134August 4, 2021 1:46 AM

Should have ran Hillary again.

by Anonymousreply 135August 4, 2021 2:08 AM

R133 of course they will provide polling to verify their negative views of Kamala. But she is working hard, she is a strong helpmate to Joe, and she is fine. Don't believe the smears. Mark Penn is scum BTW.

by Anonymousreply 136August 4, 2021 2:20 AM

I thought Kamala would win the nomination originally. Then at a debate, Pete Buttigieg had just admitted that he'd been unable to sort out the racist South Bend police force. I thought she would go for the jugular: you can't reform a small-town police force and you want to be President? Instead she attacked Biden for his position on busing 40 years before. I suppose because her sister had already printed up the T-shirts. That's when I thought she wasn't ready for primetime. She could have killed off Pete then and there. Instead she wanted to sell T-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 137August 4, 2021 3:09 AM

For those without a pair of rose-tinted specs, she didn't exactly smash Pence. The verdict afterwards by most was a relative draw: "They each did what they had to do."

That black women are "her" group I find a myth. If anything it's white (yellow dog) liberals: Vote blue, no matter who!

A puzzlement to me: the same folks, pretty much, who are [italic]insistent[/italic] that we [bold]must[/bold] run a woman of color, are the ones who decry America as a rampantly racist, sexist nation. Contradiction much?

by Anonymousreply 138August 4, 2021 2:24 PM

R137, it is verifiable that it's ten times harder for a woman to raise money for any political campaign than it is for a man. Kamala had a problem raising money. The primaries are grueling. She relied on her sister, who is very bright and capable, but totally inexperienced, and a few staffers to build her campaign. There was no infrastructure of experienced political operatives with the qualifications to run a national campaign. The best hired guns were already booked.

Almost everyone in that primary field had to scramble. With a lack of money, and an inexperienced staff she saw the handwriting on the wall, and she dropped out early enough to remain unscathed. She was very uncomfortable going after Biden. This is a great example of a strategic move that, on its face seems smart, but really blows up. Her advisers weren't seasoned enough to see that.

But the Busing ploy was important because she was telling Joe, who kept saying how he could work with Republicans and get stuff done, and " hey, I've got Black support!" that yeah, here's an example of how you work with Republicans. But more important, she was fighting Joe for the Black vote. When she knew Clyburn was 100% fo Joe, she knew it was a problem. She had no chance so she did the smart thing.

I'm glad Joe chose her. I loved the way she handled Barr and Kavanaugh, and she is smart and sharp and hard working. The Republicans hate her for going after Kavanaugh and Barr and because she is a smart, tough, woman. She is fearless. They are going to come for her with long knives. We need to be a lot smarter because there is no way I'm ever voting to allow Fascism to destroy this country.

by Anonymousreply 139August 4, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote] she is a smart, tough, woman. She is fearless.

She's not any one of those. She's always shaking and nervously giggling and she can't even handle interviews.

by Anonymousreply 140August 4, 2021 2:50 PM

Her support among black voters was always negligible, the idea that she was contending Biden for it is just not realistic.

by Anonymousreply 141August 4, 2021 2:54 PM

I think that black people didn't support her because they want someone who can win, not because they don't like her. They know white voters, of both sexes and all socioeconomic groups, are far more likely to vote for a straight white male than anyone .

by Anonymousreply 142August 4, 2021 3:02 PM

Okay... this is going to change soon?

by Anonymousreply 143August 4, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote] Biden will not be running for reelection at age 82.

Wanna bet? Kamala will lose a presidential election…bigly. Dems are looking at polls saying “Oh shit, Biden’s the best we’ve got.” Biden will decide he needs to stay in office to “finish the job I started of bringing America out of an economic recession.” Then Dems need to seriously look at their rost3 and find someone who can win. If Pete weren’t gay he’d be a shoe-in but america isn’t mature enough for a gay .president.

I’m pretty sure the first female president will be Republican. She won’t be a MTG type, but a middle aged, scold-y mom type who will cast Dems as Eddie Haskell to her Mrs Cleaver. Maybe even Liz Cheney. That’s what her grandstanding is all about. Military contractors need another war and Liz Cheney is just the woman to give them one.

by Anonymousreply 144August 4, 2021 4:28 PM

R144 Pete has no serious qualifications whatsoever to be President. If we are going to have a gay President, it should be Sean Patrick Maloney or Jared Polis. Pete's a department store mannequin.

by Anonymousreply 145August 4, 2021 4:33 PM

NO way will rank and file Republicans support Liz Cheney. They LOATHE her.

by Anonymousreply 146August 4, 2021 4:33 PM

See this? I found it when trying to look up something about Maryland. We have no equivalent to deep fake political “academia” like this. This is the kid of thing Steve Bannon is promoting. Trying to appeal to rightwingers who want to believe they’re intellectuals. The Ben Shapiro types who always want to debate office holders but never want to do the heavy lifting of actually running for office and then doing the job. It’s a lot of spiteful condescending vitriol at “elites” who want to knock down Confederate monuments. Those filthy, stupid statue tippers don’t know what it’s really about. It’s really Jefferson”s states rights vs Hamilton’s federal centralization. Jefferson was the genius. Hamilton was the guy who wanted to recreat Britain’s monarchical- type central rule in the US.

And it’s written by a yuro-peen, so it must be intellekshul.

But really, there are hundreds if not thousands of websites like this, masquerading as academic journals. We have no equivalent and that’s a problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 4, 2021 4:47 PM

Liz is looking to get the moderate Dems, the remaining non-Q GOP and - most of all - independents. Whoever gets the independents wins. Liz is building her bona fides with independents.

by Anonymousreply 148August 4, 2021 4:49 PM

Wait till after Labor Day. If any of them Wear white afterwards they might risk impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 149August 4, 2021 4:51 PM

R148 Warren is deluded. She came in 3rd in her home state's primary. Nobody likes that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 150August 4, 2021 5:17 PM

Abbeville Institute is a racist, rightwing organization dedicated to rewriting history in the Confederacy's favor. They went nuts when the movie Free State of Jones came out which portrayed one of the many revolts by white Southerners against the Confederacy during the Civil War.

by Anonymousreply 151August 4, 2021 8:11 PM

How is rebelling AGAINST the Confederacy rewriting history in the Confederacy's favor?

by Anonymousreply 152August 4, 2021 8:14 PM

Aug 4th.

538 Biden approval rating: 50.6%

YouGov (rated B+) gives Biden a 49% approval.

Quinnipiac University (rated A-) gives Biden a 46% approval.

Not good.

by Anonymousreply 153August 4, 2021 8:23 PM

Soon Joe will have Trump's ratings

by Anonymousreply 154August 4, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote] [R148] Warren is deluded

We’re talking about Liz Cheney, you dunce

by Anonymousreply 155August 4, 2021 8:52 PM

R152 the Abbeville Institute went crazy trashing the movie Free State of Jones. Southern apologists invented the Lost Cause theory of the Civil War, claiming as well that the South was 'solid' in its support of the Confederacy. Free State of Jones in Mississippi was the largest revolt but there were revolts by Southern whites in every state in the South except for South Carolina. The Lost Causers have tried to deny their existence and they hate no one more than Newt Knight who led the revolt in Mississippi. Unfortunately for the movie, Wokesters hated it because it was a White Savior Movie about an actual White Savior. So the Wokesters worked hand-in-glove with the Lost Causers.

by Anonymousreply 156August 4, 2021 9:19 PM

Ah, I understand. When you wrote "went nuts" I read it in the positive sense, not the negative sense.

by Anonymousreply 157August 4, 2021 9:21 PM

R157 the wokesters cut off their noses to spite their faces: Free State of Jones truthfully portrayed the misery of Southern whites during the war- the Confederacy stole everything from them, leaving women and children to starve to death. With all this psychotic Confederate flag-waving going on now, it would have shown what a horror the Confederacy was to poor Southern whites as well as to slaves. No more 'romanticizing'.

by Anonymousreply 158August 4, 2021 9:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!