Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Summer Travels

I am sure many of you have travelled this summer. How is it going? Are things mostly back to normal? I see horror stories (mostly from Florida) on the news, but not much about lesser-travelled areas.

My husband mentioned tonight that he would like for us to go on a trip. We normally go on one big trip and a couple smaller trips each summer, but haven’t planned anything due to the pandemic. We live in Ohio and it would likely be a long weekend or singe week trip. We like hikes and outdoor things mostly. We would probably stick to driving for this one rather than flying.

I’ve been hesitant to travel because, although we’re both vaccinated, I have a pre-existing health condition and have been extra cautious.

Any thoughts on the state of the pandemic or travel suggestions are welcomed. Sarcastic and snarky comments are expected.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 5:24 AM

I've done the Pacific North West recently and it is lovely. The weather in Seattle and northern Washington is fantastic this time of year. It was a perfect 70, cool evenings, everything open. I really enjoy that part of the country. Everything is so clean up north. I'm always astonished.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 5:30 AM

I’ve always thought that area would be fun to visit. When I was in elementary school I did a project about Mount St. Helens. Then in middle school we learned about national parks and I reporter on Mount Rainier. I wouldn’t mind visiting those places.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 11:33 AM

I did the Berkshires last month and it was nice. Still a lot of face masks around Stockbridge and the area and people were generally respectful of personal space.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 11:41 AM

How are people behaving on flights? I have a domestic flight booked for Sept. 18, but I hear the FAA/TSA mask requirement is set to expire Sept 13. Do you think it will be extended with the Delta mess?

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 11:54 AM

R4, I read online that there have been some struggles between flight attendants and passengers lately. Sounds like people aren’t wanting to wear masks anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 4:18 AM

I just flew recently and it was very pleasant. I think it is just luck of the draw though. Pay extra for first class or comfort plus. It's only maybe $50-150 more than economy and it is so worth it. They are serving full drinks now, snacks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 5:00 AM

I'm from the Pacific Northwest and I love it, but I hesitate to recommend it this year. Odds are that you will experience smoke or hazy conditions after the extraordinary drought followed by the historic heat wave of late June.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 5:14 AM

It was so nice last week, R7. I really love the weather. I could totally deal with a few days of heat as long as I have AC. I was looking at ads for rentals and most of the new construction has it.

I found the people extraordinarily friendly, also. I didn't feel the Seattle freeze but maybe everyone is more open when they are on a getaway. I've been to Seattle before but this time I got to really explore.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 5:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!