Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shouldn't Amber Alerts Be Mandatory

on cell phones and for every missing child regardless.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 10:59 PM

Aren't they? I didn't realize you could opt out.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 9:45 PM

Rolls eyes

I turn them off. I’m not going to look for and/or spot a missing child. They don’t register on my radar.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 9:47 PM

Is this a government benefit like their version of Grindr? If so this is why I pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 9:48 PM

Do these amber alerts actually work? Like do they lead to anyone actually finding the missing kid?

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 10:18 PM

The OP has to be a Frau, I have them disabled. Silver alerts are just as annoying and I am old enough to be silver and probably a couple of years away from dementia, they usually find the old fuckers a couple of hours after they issue the alerts.

You have something against the disabled OP?

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 10:27 PM

NO! It's usually stupid breeders involved in some custody suit for their stupid brat

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 10:29 PM

A more subtle color than amber would preferred.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 10:37 PM

10/10

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 10:42 PM

What R6 said-- the alerts were startlingly loud and almost always family-related with the kids being found with the non-custodial person within an hour. I turned them off, I'm not going to be jumping out of my skin for some pissy parent spat.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 10:44 PM

Are you one of those Qanon fraus?

All the missing kids are in Clinton’s basement, go look there.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 10:46 PM

I leave them on, but I agree with R4.

“Green Nissan Altima with plates XXXXXX”.

I have no idea what a Nissan Altima looks like or generally any other make and model of a car, and even if I tried, I don’t know that I would remember the license plate to look even if I checked every green car.

Plus you’d have to be actively driving and checking your phone.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 10:50 PM

I refuse to pay attention to these alerts because I won’t run the risk of causing the child emotional turmoil by possibly misgendering them.

The alert may say, missing “girl”, but do they really know how that child identifies? If I see the kid and say “hey, is your name Alice?” and that’s her dead name, I couldn’t live with myself.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 10:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!