Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cheney rips into McCarthy after he pulls out his other Jan 6th commission picks following Pelosi vetoing 2 Jordan and Banks

yes we all hate Cheney here for good reason but she makes an excellent attack dog. It's good that for at least the commission, Pelosi has her on a leash and lets her out to savage the despicable McCarthy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2021 9:49 AM

This is definitely a "my enemy's enemy" situation. I can't believe how rare she is within the GOP. It is insane that we have so many scummy people in this country who worship someone so fucking stupid as Trump, and for all of the worst possible reasons.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 7:54 PM

does anyone know if McCarthy has the power to run "a separate investigation" as he threatened? I thought only the majority had the power to investigate anything.

Also, if McCarthy does not put more members into Pelosi's select committee, can Pelosi just select other repubs willing to do it such as Kinzinger?

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 8:00 PM

This + all the confusion about whether they support vaccinations is good news for Team Blue

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 8:05 PM

Cheney is not going to get re-elected. Her constituents want a Trump-licker.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 8:05 PM

R4 she is out raised all Republicans in the second quarter didn't she? There's obviously still people out there wanting the old guard back. Will DL Republican boyfriend Adam K join the committee now?

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 8:10 PM

R5, but MTG also raised millions. I can't imagine giving so much money to such a stupid, vile person.

[quote]does anyone know if McCarthy has the power to run "a separate investigation" as he threatened?

He's a Republican. Tthey appear to be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want whether in the minority or majority.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 8:21 PM

While I don't agree with her politics, Liz Cheney has the biggest balls in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 8:24 PM

I want Kevin McCarthy, Rudy Guliani, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, MTG, the Boebert bitch and Jim Jordon's phone/text records subpoenaed.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 11:11 PM

Anyone know where her daddy is? I can’t recall hearing about him or from him in 5 or 6 years. He was a darling to those on the right. Why is he silent? Wouldn’t he give his kid more credibility if he spoke up? Where art thou, Dick?

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 11:25 PM

No fan of Liz, but boy do I enjoy watching them devour each other.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 11:27 PM

I think it's personal with her; she genuinely hates McCarthy. I mean, who wouldn't, but still...

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 11:28 PM

I suspect Liz Cheney is going to be America’s first female president one day.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 11:35 PM

R11, she also hates Jim Jordan. When that asshole tried to be "chivalrous" on January 6th, she slapped his hand away and said "you fucking did this"

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2021 2:03 AM

R11 he took away her leadership role

R13 absolutely

I hope Cheney continues to attack McCarthy, Jordan and any other traitorous scumbags

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2021 2:17 AM

Doesn’t she have lots of primary challengers? That may be her best bet for getting re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2021 3:05 AM

I hate it when men pull out.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2021 3:10 AM

I don't give two shits about her but I love that she has no shits left to give and is fucking coming hard with any interview. There has to be a base of Republicans who just want away from Trump. And she is that alternative. With gold a star pedigree. Her daddy was once a beloved presence in the old Republican guard. Got get it girl.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2021 5:03 AM

She's cornering the market on non Trump Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2021 5:05 AM

[quote]Anyone know where her daddy is? I can’t recall hearing about him or from him in 5 or 6 years.

R9, last time I saw Dick Cheney was last year being interviewed for the CNN special on Vice-Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 10:23 AM

McCarthy and gym jordan and probably the others were both part of the insurrection. They supported and incited the insurrectionists. Some of the repug politicians gave tours to deplorables in the days leading up to the insurrection

How can they be part of an investigation into themselves?

It's like asking a criminal to be a part of his own jury

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 10:28 AM

[quote] I suspect Liz Cheney is going to be America’s first female president one day

If that happens, I could very easily live with it

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 10:32 AM

[quote]I suspect Liz Cheney is going to be America’s first female president one day

Eeeeekkkkk!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 11:04 AM

Nikki Haley wants to be the POTUS so bad. An Astronaut Currently in Orbit can detect her thirst and ambition.

I can't stand Haley. I admit, however, I fear her, because if Biden dies while in office, she'd be a formidable opponent to Harris.

I would bet Haley is warily eying Liz Cheney although I have my doubts Cheney want to be the POTUS, and, she probably believes that she can't get the nomination even if she does.

Meanwhile, I have to believe VP Harris knows all of this already and is preparing for, somewhere down the line, a showdown with Haley.

Of course, all of this is premised on my fondest wish (a wish that, secretly and fervently, Melania, Trump Spawn, and ALL Repugs share) - Trump toppling over dead finally becoming reality.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 11:30 AM

R23, I don’t think Cheney is planning on running against Biden, but in 7 or 11 years, with Trump dead or at least (more) senile, and with the spell he has cast over the party finally fading, I would bet on the party looking for someone who is untainted by Trump and who is seen as a safe pair of (staunchly Republican) hands.

Cheney could well be that person, and you know they would love to have the first female president be from the Republican Party, just as the UK Tories boasted for Years about Thatcher.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 12:36 PM

[quote]It's like asking a criminal to be a part of his own jury

It's not like, it's precisely what it is.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 3:00 PM

I hope this brass-balled bitch takes down every last one of the traitorous scum in her own party and leaves them publicly shamed and weeping.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 3:13 PM

I respect her for standing up to the crazed mob/Trump cult that the Republican party has become.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 3:17 PM

R26, it's going to be hard to do it. We live in an age of social media where people find their echo chambers and so facts will never see the light of day with deplorables. Remember we thought her father and Dubya were the worst we'd ever see? Then came Palin and then Trump who made Dubya look like constitutional historian.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 3:19 PM

a* constitutional

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 3:19 PM

Jim Jordan is in on this Insurrection shit ........up to his eyeballs ......I do believe

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 3:54 PM

Liz and her sister Mary had a falling out a few years ago when Liz said she was opposed to gay marriage despite the fact Mary is married, has kids and even Dick Cheney supported gay marriage. I assume Liz was claiming to be opposed to curry favor with the rightwing to run for Congress. Somebody should ask her if she changed her views. The two sisters had always been very close.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 4:12 PM

Liberals defending Liz Cheney is more residual disaster that tRump did to our country. Prior to tRump entering the scene in 2015, no one ever dreamed that we would be defending republiturds like Liz Cheney, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Adam Kingsinger.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 4:59 PM

R32, we are defending a specific thing that goes well-beyond politics, not their policies. If we do not stand together on this, then we lose everything.

And anyone who thinks Trump isn't the biggest disaster, says it because they don't care about the countless people on the receiving end of his cruelty and corruption. A

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote] Anyone know where her daddy is? I can’t recall hearing about him or from him in 5 or 6 years. He was a darling to those on the right. Why is he silent? Wouldn’t he give his kid more credibility if he spoke up? Where art thou, Dick?

Attending to the poor, unfortunate souls in Hell. He only spends half his time on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 5:19 PM

Good - I want the GOP to split into two factions and let them mudsling and do their dirty work to each other for a change.

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 5:30 PM

what I'd love is for right wing media to focus attacks on Cheney while she attacks McCarthy, Jordan and any other repub who is covering for Trump

the more repub in-fighting there is, the better for the Democrats

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 6:39 PM

Liz Cheney can be a Grade A Bitch.....get her mad and she's like a Pit Bull on your pant leg.....if she's going down...she's taking a few down with her....she's on a mission.....women can be ruthless once your in their crosshairs. They should all just give it up now before the bloodshed starts.

The enemy of my enemy.....is ...well sort of ...kinda like a friend..i guess....with reservations

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2021 8:33 PM

I actually thought Pelosi made a big mistake eliminating the 2 assholes from the committee. I bet Jordan's a lot more scared of Liz Cheney than he is of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2021 8:43 PM

No, R38. We've heard enough from that fucking clown. He has no shame and is incapable of being shamed.

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2021 8:54 PM

[quote] she also hates Jim Jordan. When that asshole tried to be "chivalrous" on January 6th, she slapped his hand away and said "you fucking did this"

HELL YASS, GURL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2021 8:58 PM

Hell, R40. That isn't even the whole quote. Here's the whole thing:

[quote]Said Cheney: “That fucking guy Jim Jordan. That son of a bitch.… While these maniacs are going through the place, I’m standing in the aisle and he said, ‘We need to get the ladies away from the aisle. Let me help you.’ I smacked his hand away and told him, ‘Get away from me. You fucking did this.'”

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2021 9:03 PM

She should have punched Gym right in the damn nutsack.

by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2021 9:05 PM

She's doing the right thing. A republican with a conscience is rare these days.

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2021 9:07 PM

She's gunning for McCarthy's job. He's a pathic, weak trumptard who gets pulled wherever the crazies want to go. She's presenting herself as a "reasonable alternative" to rethugs who are sick of the GQP circus.

She ain't dumb. She sees the writing on the wall even if the loons don't.

Remember, she's STILL Darth Cheney's hellspawn.

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2021 9:25 PM

Having to chose between sane evil and batshit evil sucks!

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2021 9:28 PM

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2021 9:34 PM

Be careful what you wish for re: a Cheney presidency. She's a major Neo-Con who will send troops all over the place and who will jam pack the judiciary with even more Federalist Society neanderthals. We DO NOT want her in the WH.

If she wants to chew up McCarthy, Jordan, and the other GOP traitors and spit them out, I'm all for it. But keep her away from the Presidency. And that goes for Kinzinger too.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2021 9:38 PM

now there's talk that Kinzinger may be added to the commission which would be a good move

R47 I certainly don't want ANY repub in the WH again but for this commission I'm glad Cheney is willing to go against her party

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2021 10:12 PM

DL fave Adam K looks like he's in for the committee.

by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2021 4:22 PM

OMG!! Fat, old Democrats are so insanely optimistic with all their wishful thinking. Don't want piss on your parade, elderDEMgays, but Liz Cheney will be primaried out next year. She might as well be dead now!

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote] Be careful what you wish for re: a Cheney presidency.

No need to worry. There's no chance the GQP & its constituent members will ever forgive an apostate like her.

by Anonymousreply 51July 24, 2021 11:43 PM

R51 s right. Cheney is considered a traitor and is very unlikely to ever advance any higher in the GOP.

Likewise, Mitt Romney will never be President after voting to convict Trump in 2 Impeachment Trials.

The Republican moving up the fastest right now on the way to 2024 is Ron DeSantis, and that's because he's a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2021 9:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!