Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Today’s “But I never thought leopards would eat MY face” story brought to you by Alabama

Bonus: Doctor Brytney! It’s Doctor Brytney, bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 23, 2021 1:01 PM

That doctor is played by Jenna Fischer, right?

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 7:37 PM

and then the hospital clapped

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 8:05 PM

A feel good story

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote] “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

Sad. Horrifying, even. But I have no sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 8:25 PM

Everything she stated is presented without any evidence that any of it is real. The only thing that is certain is that she knew she would get her fifteen minutes if she made these claims.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 9:02 PM

Hey, we got a live anti-vaxxer, boys and girls! Hi, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote]Everything she stated is presented without any evidence that any of it is real. The only thing that is certain is that she knew she would get her fifteen minutes if she made these claims.

Sort of like your intention to raise hackles with this post?

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 9:11 PM

God forgive me,but I just dont care about the anti vaxxers anymore. I have several in my family. But you just reach a point where you just get sick of caring about someone who refuses to see reason. I dont wish them ill,but I wont be as upset if they do become sick.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 9:18 PM

But will they put two and two together and stop voting Republican? Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 9:22 PM

A doctor saying, "I'm sorry but it's too late" must be the most horrifying this a doctor says and a patient hears. But me? I'd probably leave out the apology and go with "It's too late." Don't apologize that the best medical advice didn't penetrate the patient's thick skull. Don't apologize that intubation doesn't really help you show them libs! Don't apologize that baseless fear kept people from acting in their own best interests.

And stop calling it "hesitancy" -- they weren't hesitant, they're sheep being led to the slaughter based on some misguided stance that was as pointless in its origin as the patient's suffering will be.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 9:31 PM

^^horrifying thing^^

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 9:31 PM

They did it to themselves, so I’m not going to waste a scintilla of emotion on these morons.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 9:45 PM

I think the doctor addresses the lack of empathy and the "they made their choices--so they deserve whatever happens." It's different when faced with a family about to lose a loved one, So many of these people have been duped by their media, church, family, and above all politicians that it's an American tragedy. The lack of knowledge and tribalism combines to create what amounts to a constituency of dumb animals responding to the GQP and Russian bot dogwhistles.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 10:04 PM

Yes they are sheeps, sheeps that got duped. The point they're making in the article is that it still is heartbreaking to see them die. Heartbreaking for non psychopaths, that is.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 10:12 PM

I stopped trying to get my Latino husband vaccinated months ago. Considering the delta variant and his working with the public, I am going to have to take up the subject again. But I fear a similar outcome in the end and am going to have to accept that I really tried to address his conspiracy fears. And I don't want to get infected myself even though I've been fully vaccinated since February.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 10:19 PM

GTF outta here with your antivaxx shit, r5. Go find your way to Parler.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 10:21 PM

I hope R5 gets Delta.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 10:24 PM

“I try to be very non-judgmental when I’m getting a new COVID patient that’s unvaccinated, but I really just started asking them, ‘Why haven’t you gotten the vaccine?’ And I’ll just ask it point blank, in the least judgmental way possible,” she said. “And most of them, they’re very honest, they give me answers. ‘I talked to this person, I saw this thing on Facebook, I got this email, I saw this on the news,’ you know, these are all the reasons that I didn’t get vaccinated.

“And the one question that I always ask them is, did you make an appointment with your primary care doctor and ask them for their opinion on whether or not you should receive the vaccine? And so far, nobody has answered yes to that question.”

Idiots, all of them

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 10:28 PM

I have anti-vaxxers in my family. I would be devastated if they died, but we’ve tried to warn them. Several aren’t really political, but have been misinformed by those who are. What would be unforgivable is if my little nephew were to die from his step sister not getting vaccinated.

This is all so surreal. This has killed over 600,000 in a year. 600,000. Millions got sick. So these deniers have likely known someone who has died, but they are enthralled in the drama surrounding and created by the right wing.

I want to drive by their funerals and scream, “How is owning the libs working out?”

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 1:43 AM

Why did you feel the need to say, “My Latino husband”? So………..odd R15

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 1:45 AM

I could care less who or how these fucktards were lead astray. By and large these are the same people who lynch, gay bash and are general happy to embrace the racism and homophobia touted by their leaders. Fuck every single last one of them.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 1:50 AM

I volunteer to Skype in to play Fee-Fi-Fidelee-i-o on the banjo at each and every one of their funerals.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 1:54 AM

Please keep the feel-good anti-vax stories coming.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 1:57 AM

I can't believe 70% of Alabamians still aren't vaxxed. I'm starting to freak about Delta and I've been pondering getting J&J after my two Pfizer shots.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 2:01 AM

Are all these pointing and laughing threads really necessary? There’s a new one every day. I can be a piece of shit, but I would never gloat at anyone’s death.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 2:04 AM

I have a lot of Trumpers in my family but they all took covid very seriously from the very beginning, wore masks, socially distanced and got vaccinated right away. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 2:07 AM

Sheeps?

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 2:10 AM

I guess I shouldn't be surprised I already have R5 on ignore

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 2:19 AM

R26, they're just a bunch of racist assholes, because there's no other reason anyone could support Trump. Unless they're billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 2:20 AM

November 11, 2024. Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center, "But Doctor, the President Biden and Dr. Fauci said it was safe. They ALL said it was only stupid magats that refused" "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do at this point. Those painful lesions will just multiply on your body until you succumb. It wasn't your fault after all millions are gone now anyway"

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 2:27 AM

[quote] I hope [R5] gets Delta.

I’m vaccinated and never said anything against vaccines, you idiot. I was referring to her claims about the multitude of patients she claimed were making deathbed confessions to her. I’d like to see some proof that these patients really said what she said they said. There have been so many people conning the media to get on TV, you have to have some skepticism.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote]magats

I love gays who use this in place of f-ggot.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 2:30 AM

Oh for fuck sake R31 . You tube is fucking full of people posting how sorry and stupid they were not getting vaxxed. Google sometime you lazy contrarian.

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 2:32 AM

This story even made it over here in the UK. It's so sad that people are making choices to not have the vaccine and are dying. I can't begin to imagine what it's like for their loved ones left behind or the medical staff treating them in their final days. It was a fascinating insight by this doctor. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 2:35 AM

Stories like these are the only thing that will penetrate the halfwits who think they're geniuses shells. And I bet only 30 Alabamians read this and get vaccinated this weekend

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 2:51 AM

[quote]November 11, 2024. Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center, "But Doctor, the President Biden and Dr. Fauci said it was safe. They ALL said it was only stupid magats that refused" "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do at this point. Those painful lesions will just multiply on your body until you succumb. It wasn't your fault after all millions are gone now anyway"

But enough about Trump's antibiotic-resistant herpes.

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 2:57 AM

I do too, r28. When someone comments on an asshole in various threads, it’s always this guy. He’s an ugly, mutant troll.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote] November 11, 2024. Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center, "But Doctor, the President Biden and Dr. Fauci said it was safe. They ALL said it was only stupid magats that refused" "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do at this point. Those painful lesions will just multiply on your body until you succumb. It wasn't your fault after all millions are gone now anyway"

For argument's sake- let's say this is the case... I know I would still have no regrets on getting the vaccine. I KNOW what Covid can do and has done. I KNOW I don't want it. I don't even want to take the chance. I had three choices this year- get the vax and hope it protects me, not get the vax and surely wind up with Covid, or stay completely barricaded in my home until I run out of money and then kill myself. And yes, Suzanne, those *are* the choices.

If the vax actually does turn out to not be at all effective against some super new strain of Covid coming down the pike or it winds up it gives me cancer or turns me purple or makes my dick fall off, I still won't regret getting it. Because that's where we've gotten ourselves to on this planet. We're fucking idiots and we have no idea how to take care of ourselves or the place we live.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2021 4:10 AM

A pet leopard wouldn't eat your face unless you were dead & would have wanted your kitty to eat it so they wouldn't be hungry while waiting to be rescued.

With big cats, human-socialization from birth matters. A lion, tiger, leopard, jaguar, or cougar who's bottle-fed from birth & raised like a plus-sized house cat ultimately ends up expressing behavior that's practically indistinguishable FROM that of a pampered housecat.

The precise thing that makes HOUSECATS unique from OTHER small cats is the fact that they behave like BIG cats. Most other species of small cats are high-strung & act more like 'prey' than mighty predators. Housecats hold their heads high & try to roar like a lion, even if it ultimately comes out as a sweet little "(meow)". They look in the mirror, and see a bad-ass panther looking back.

Anyway, carry on. The Feline Anti-Defamation League has spokenz!

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2021 4:40 AM

I was surprised that my brother in law, who hates Trump with a passion, refused to get the vaccine. But then I went to visit and talked to him about it, and then he got vaccinated. My sister is dumbfounded that just another person telling him it was okay convinced him.

So don't give up hope with friends and relatives.

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2021 2:27 PM

It's kind of funny r31 thinks any doctor would make up these stories to get on television, because my first thought was to worry that she's endangering herself by speaking out. Anti-vaxxers and rightwingers are so angry these days that putting one's name and face out there is just making yourself a target, especially in backward-ass Alabama with its ridiculously low vaccination rate.

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2021 3:18 PM

Doctors don't have to make up stories, their ICUs are filled with idiots:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2021 4:44 PM

We really just need to let them die. There is nothing redeemable about these morons.

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2021 4:58 PM

Unbelievable, R42

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2021 5:00 PM

R15 how will this impact your relationship?

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2021 5:17 PM

R42 He should have to pay that entire hospital bill himself. I hope they overcharged for everything.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2021 6:08 PM

[quote] I was referring to her claims about the multitude of patients she claimed were making deathbed confessions to her. I’d like to see some proof that these patients really said what she said they said.

You demand proof that can never exist. She's not taping those patient conversations. Plus, she has little to gain from this kind of notoriety. She already has a well-paying job. It's not like anyone's giving her a raise for writing about her experiences.

Conservatives, embarrassed by their behavior, will often say that someone amplifying their actions is lying, They're are just trying to spin their terrible behavior (like "The Civil War was because of states rights, not slavery," or "GWB wasn't a real conservative.")

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2021 7:21 PM

The comments to that guy @R42 are right on: So you don't believe in science or doctors when it comes to vaccines, yet you want them for treatment for the covid.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2021 7:41 PM

It really is their own damned fault. They're so fucking stupid that they actually think the entire world is faking the entire Covid pandemic to make the republicans look bad

They literally were too stupid to live

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2021 7:53 PM

She’s doing missionary work in a very backward part of the country. These patients have no one to blame but themselves for the most part. It’s hard to feel sorry when adults are so gullible that they believe pastors and politicians over scientists and doctors, and they do so because those people tell them what they want to hear even if untruthful or deceitful.

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2021 7:55 PM

Delta Airlines must be pissed and concerned that the variant has been named Delta. PR disaster!

by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2021 8:00 PM

r31 is a moron trying to suggest both sides of this issue are just people trusting the politicians they support. One side is taking the SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE seriously, the other isn't.

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2021 8:06 PM

They don't know about the entire world, R49, just whatever hellhole state they live in.

by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2021 8:18 PM

r42 "This father, former baseball coach, small business owner, and hunter....."

Eww, eww, , eww, and EWW (and he's ugly on the outside as well.)

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2021 8:28 PM

r51 We feel their pain.

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2021 9:16 PM

Just remember -- all of this unnecessary medical treatment that could have been avoided is going to raise YOUR medical insurance premiums.

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2021 9:17 PM

Same here after what OJ did, R55.

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2021 9:18 PM

R26 they are TINOs - trumpers in name only - and should be shunned. Real trumpers are happy to lay down their lives and those of their families for the Great Orange One.

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2021 9:23 PM

R58 Oh mighty, Great Orange One! I have come to thee. I bring to you, MY IGNORANCE!!!! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2021 10:05 PM

[quote] I’d like to see some proof that these patients really said what she said they said.

Ask them when you go to Hell, R31.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2021 10:17 PM

This is why vaccination cards are so important. If they don't have one they need to be left at home to be taken care of by their families. They cannot be a burden and risk to the general public. The only non vaccinated ones to be taken care of are children. If people do not take it for religious reasons God will take care of them. If for political reasons they can make their voice heard in the next election.

by Anonymousreply 61July 23, 2021 1:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!