Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYTimes: The Johnson & Johnson Vaccine is Garbage

[QUOTE]The conclusions of the study add to evidence that the 13 million people inoculated with the J.&J. vaccine may need to receive a second dose — ideally of one of the mRNA vaccines made by Pfizer or Moderna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2021 2:56 AM

OP, your clickbait thread title is garbage.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 3:20 PM

You call it clickbait. I call it getting to the point.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 3:21 PM

The J&J vaccine is effective against Covid 1.0, but maybe not the Delta variant. SOME people MAY need a booster, which is not yet recommended.

Your "point" is garbage.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 3:26 PM

OP spread some J&J baby powder on all of your holes, STAT

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 3:28 PM

OP is probably the histrionic poster who has to go "all or nothing" with every post:

"This vaccine may need a booster shot" = "This vaccine is GARBAGE!"

*woman opens mouth to express an opinion* = "This BITCH is CONSTANTLY wagging her STUPID tongue and has no VALUE as a human!"

*One fringe trans person expresses a radical opinion that no one will remember next month* = "Apparently the TRANS are DEMANDING that everyone throw *this word* in the garbage and only use *this word* now!"

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 3:41 PM

OP, my doctor says you're full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 3:46 PM

The J&J vaccine serves a purpose. Easier to distribute, single shot useful for people who have issues with vaccinations, etc.

But 33% efficacy ain't gonna cut it against Delta. Get the booster shot if you can.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 3:58 PM

R7- There are no doctors who will approve another shot until all the data is in. Which will be like, never.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 4:00 PM

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what the advantages of MRNA technology are? Why is it better than good old-fashioned inoculation?

Apparently the MRNA sneaks past the body’s immune defenses? I’m too stupid to understand why this is so good.

Also, why we should trust that our local Walgreens can store the MRNA vaccines at the subzero temperatures that are required for its effectiveness.

I’m just a dumb yokel, so I sure would appreciate simple words when explaining this to me.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 4:01 PM

You are dumb

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 4:06 PM

But, but it's "a family company!"

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 4:24 PM

[QUOTE] The J&J vaccine is effective against Covid 1.0, but maybe not the Delta variant.

R3, if the Delta variant becomes the most dominant strain in America and “Covid 1.0” is essentially nonexistent, then guess what? That means J&J IS INEFFECTIVE AGAINST THE CORONAVIRUS! You friggin idiot. What the hell is the point if it’s only effective against something no longer in circulation?

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 4:27 PM

You are only contributing to more disinformation, OP. The J&J vaccine is effective and continues to be effective.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 4:31 PM

Effective against what, R13? Did you even bother to read the article? If it’s so effective, then why would you need a booster shot from another company’s vaccine?! Pull your head out of your ass!

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 4:34 PM

I’m going to call my doctor and ask for the booster. I’m sure they’ll say no

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 4:46 PM

Pull your head out of your ass! We’re all doomed! We might as well all kill ourselves right now!! Oh, god!!!

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 4:50 PM

Well ...Johnson and Johnson were in the shit for riding the Oxycontin train right into litigation......A Covid vaccine...no matter how ineffective it might be........was cash in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 5:12 PM

R16 you’re not as cute as you think. My position isn’t anti-vaccine, it’s anti-J&J. The vaccines are wonderful—so long as it’s Moderna or Pfizer. I’ve been saying that on here the whole time! We should’ve known it was bullshit when they said you only need one shot.

Look at the Israelis, they never wanted anything to do with Johnson & Johnson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 5:16 PM

I started with a new doctor last week - I had been seeing a stupid Nurse Practitioner who liked to strut around like she was a doctor - and he asked about my vaccination. I asked him if they could test me to see if I'd had COVID and not known it. He said J&J makes that moot, and he sounded no alarms about a booster. He reiterated it's the unvaccinated causing all the problems.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 5:16 PM

How much longer before the next covid variant punches through all the vaccines — because so many idiots are refusing to get vaccinated, thanks to new age frau harpies like Jenny McCarthy, and Trump-worshiping neo-fascist morons like MTG, spreading anti-vax agit prop?

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 5:18 PM

R12 you are a fucking moron, or perhaps just a disinformation troll. Where the fuck are you getting the idea that Covid 1.0 is, or is about to be, no longer in circulation?

Just fuck off with your nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 6:12 PM

R21, multiple states including Arizona, Texas and Minnesota already report Delta as the dominant strain. You’re clueless. Delta has taken over the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 6:31 PM

I use J&J’s baby powder and baby shampoo.

Since I look so much younger, it’s appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 6:36 PM

This is the vaccine Rachel Maddow talked about getting on her show a few months back. I haven't gotten the vaccine yet, but I make sure to wear a mask every time I leave my residence.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 6:54 PM

Wtf, R24. How have you not gotten the vaccine yet? Why?

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 6:56 PM

R25 I'm lazy! I'm a home body through and don't really go many places anyway. But I do plan on getting it soon. Even my uncle keep telling me to go get it.

I will soon.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 7:01 PM

Soon? It’s almost fucking August. What exactly are you waiting on, R26?

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 7:07 PM

R27 What part of " I'm lazy" do you not understand?

And I'm really depressed too, so that's another thing. I'm also trying to convince other people in my family to get it as well. This whole thing has been a mess.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 7:13 PM

Why are you depressed, R28? What else is going on in your life?

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 7:21 PM

Their baby powder never caused me a single problem, so I have total faith in their vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2021 7:21 PM

^ She mixed it with gin.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2021 7:24 PM

R29 A whole lot of things I'm trying to sort out. My life isn't as bad as other people's live, but being clinically depressed isn't easy.

Life can be a shit place to be at times. But I'm still here, I'm also not suicidal either. But life is definitely a shitty place at times.

Thx for asking!

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2021 7:34 PM

I hope things get better for you, R32.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2021 11:56 PM

Weren't people saying as the disease spread that it would get weaker and not stronger?

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 1:48 AM

R32, get yourself vaccinated first then worry about others. You’ll get an immediate high from the jab that may also help your depression.

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 1:59 AM

You're thinking of SC Johnson (Johnson Wax), R11.

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote] You're thinking of SC Johnson (Johnson Wax), [R11].

You can NEVER go wrong with Johnson's Wax which is why we were vaccinated with it.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2021 2:32 AM

R34, no. A virus is more likely to mutate the more it's allowed to spread uncontrolled. The mutations aren't automatically more dangerous, but the forces of evolution mean there is a good chance some will be. In the first few months of the pandemic there was a wait and see approach because the initial mutations were much slower and less significant than expected. But by fall last year the signs were not good and scientists have been sounding the alarm about Covid variants for months.

We still haven't seen the full impact of that fucker Trump and his deplorables ignoring the science and refusing to act fast and take this virus seriously. Not only did he allow far more people to die from the initial strain, but he created an environment where we'll be at risk for more dangerous strains for a long time to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2021 2:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!