Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The cassowary MUST be the Brisbane mascot!

It is native to Queensland and can kill you with its kick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2021 4:35 PM

[quote]It is native to Queensland and can kill you with its kick.

So can an ostrich, a horse, a mule, an emu and and a giraffe.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 2:01 PM

We have some wild tom. turkeys in our area that get almost as big

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 3:10 PM

Beautiful bird. I never saw or heard of it. I found out it's one of the most dangerous birds in the world. The claws...holy...3 long claws, one is 5" long. The feet look like dinosaur feet. I know...birds are descendants of dinosaurs. One kick can rip you apart.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 3:10 PM

Go to 1:10 for a close up of the claws immediately followed by some guy with a shield duking it out with the bird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 3:38 PM

Ibis aka “bin chicken” is the Brisbane bird

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 3:53 PM

You definitely don't want to fuck with a cassowary.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 4:10 PM

r6

I do

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2021 4:18 PM

R7 your funeral.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2021 4:34 PM

They are quite scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2021 4:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!