Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Leaving a partner...

So many guys I know (or knew) just need to dump their partner. I know it’s hard. But they are so miserable and so is the other half. They fight constantly or don’t speak at all and there is no love left.

But they stay together and it drives me crazy. I would never tell someone to leave their partner to their face but that’s what I’m thinking. Like why don’t gay people break up?

You see these types always on grindr, always looking for a third or one or both will constantly cheat. They are always fighting and then making up and then fighting again an hour later.

They say ,breaking up is hard to do’, but isn’t staying with someone and being miserable also hard? If not harder?

Straight people are not immune here. But I see it a lot in the gay community.

Have you ever left a partner? Were you better off? Have you stayed? Did you regret it?

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 4:36 PM

Some people are determined to be coupled no matter the cost to their personal well-being. Leave them to it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 1:40 PM

Well yeah it’s not my business which is why I am asking here. If I’m ever in this situation I want to understand it. I have had to break things off with people but it has always been for the better. Never regretted it. It’s not always easy.

But when it gets to a certain point, isn’t it better to split up? You have to keep that spot open for something better if it’s not making you happy.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 1:56 PM

[quote]But they stay together and it drives me crazy.

Who cares. If it drives you crazy you obviously want one of them to fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 2:01 PM

In the words of Dear Noel:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 2:39 PM

People are scared to show up to be a family event or wedding alone so they stay in miserable relationships.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 4:14 PM

It's probably what they're used to. Their parents fought and were unhappy, but they weren't "alone".

And maybe they surmise no one else wants them. Somehow being single is shameful to most people.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 4:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!