Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Women talking about their periods or hot flashes or menopause in the workplace.

Can I complain about it? Is it sexual harassment?

Because I'm sick of it.

I'm one of the few males in a female dominated office setting.

The women range from about 30 to 65, and they are CONSTANTLY talking about their periods, their boyfriends/husbands, their hot flashes, menopause, and all sorts of other female things.

I'm not only grossed out by it, but it truly does make me uncomfortable. I don't want to hear it any more.

Can I complain to HR?

I want it to stop.

by Anonymousreply 93July 29, 2021 7:26 PM

Women are always talking about their gashes and I’m sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 12:11 AM

Um, no one needs to hear about that. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 12:13 AM

OP, just chime in and start talking about your prostate problems. Equal rights!

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 12:32 AM

Oh you poor, wilting flowers. If any one of you had to deal with a monthly period and all that comes with it, you would had offed yourselves by now.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote] Oh you poor, wilting flowers. If any one of you had to deal with a monthly period and all that comes with it, you would had offed yourselves by now.

Talk about it all you want.

Just do it in PRIVATE. I don't want to hear about it, and I don't care about it either.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 12:58 AM

Yeah it's gross. Bodily functions are not workplace talk.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 12:59 AM

I work with guys who talk about their farts and shits.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote]Can I complain to HR?

Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 1:07 AM

Why are you using the word women? Men can have periods and hot flashes at work too. Do better and maybe say people.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 1:09 AM

"men can have periods" lolololololololololololololololllllll

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 1:10 AM

I WANT YOU TO GO TO HR, OP. Try it.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 1:15 AM

Once some chick got out of work duties by using PMS as an excuse. And yet when I complained about blue balls I got a warning about appropriate language.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 1:24 AM

R9 how does that work. Does like a female just like pull it out and give it to the guy?

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote] Can I complain about it?

No

[quote] Is it sexual harassment?

No

[quote] I'm not only grossed out by it

You’re totally immature therefore unfit to work anywhere.

[quote] but it truly does make me uncomfortable

Get a therapist.

[quote] Can I complain to HR?

No - you’re the one with the problem.

[quote] I want it to stop.

Quit!

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 1:31 AM

You're right, R14.

I'll just jerk off, and cum into the office coffee pot.

Then I can just sit back and have a good laugh, while they talk about their hot flashes.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 1:33 AM

R15 get yourself arrested have fun x - maybe actually ask HR to schedule a course on what constitutes sexual harassment since you don’t understand it and need to learn. That’s what they’re there for ;)

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 1:34 AM

It must be awful when they’re all on the rag at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 1:44 AM

#BottomProblems

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 1:48 AM

R16 only if you get a basic class on what genitalia can produce menstral blood - it's a vagina, which women possess.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 1:51 AM

'it's a vagina, which women possess.'

This is exclusionary.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 1:54 AM

I am a woman and rarely talk about anything like that. TMI.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 1:54 AM

R19 well I see you already passed your high school bio well done you 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 1:54 AM

This is evolutionary. Women have vaginas. Men have penises.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 1:54 AM

Not all. Don’t make blanket statements.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 1:56 AM

Start talking about your bleeding anus, hemmies, and that burning sensation when you pee.

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 1:56 AM

I was gonna ask how this is turning into an anti trans thread but I suppose the ATLs are never too far away from the misogynists (and often one and the same).

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 1:56 AM

[quote]only if you get a basic class on what genitalia can produce menstral blood - it's a vagina, which women possess.

Some men have vaginas. Try to be more woke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 2:00 AM

If men had vaginas tampons would be free and abortion unregulated.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 2:05 AM

R27 whatever you think of trans people, posting a nude video of someone as a way to make fun of them or remark how you think they look weird or different or whatever is extremely childish.

F&F this thread it’s been taken over by the anti trans trolls.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 2:06 AM

Op is a duplicitous fake nelly who pretends to be one of the girls, and secretly resents them

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2021 2:15 AM

Well this thread has turned gross beyond imagination.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2021 2:35 AM

I identify as a flying unicorn!

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2021 3:42 AM

I don’t see anything gross about hot flashes or menopause but period talk seems inappropriate

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2021 3:56 AM

R33 think of it like someone saying they have a headache. Just because there’s a vagina involved it doesn’t mean you have to get upset by it. If you think women’s bodies are inherently inappropriate then you should do some soul searching. Have you never asked a woman in your life about their period? It’s extremely normal, unremarkable, usual.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2021 4:17 AM

So is taking a shit R34. But it doesn'tean it's appropriate for work.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2021 4:34 AM

The fastest way to shut them up about it without getting yourself in trouble with HR is the Miss Manners approach to people who overshare: you interrupt them and say pointedly (and unsnidely),

"I'm very sorry, but I really don't understand why you're telling me all this. What does this have to do with me?"

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2021 4:41 AM

Poor OP, just a dinghy sloshing about in a raging sea of estrogen.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2021 4:48 AM

"Well, as long as we're talking about our bodily processes, let me tell you all about my terrible diarrhea episode over the weekend..."

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2021 4:57 AM

I work in a whole building full of women and I have only very rarely overheard this shit.

Just tell them you don't want to hear it so could they talk more quietly.

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote]they are CONSTANTLY talking about their periods,

Yes I'm so totally sure. CONSTANTLY, without stopping. Nothing else exists except their LIDERULLY nonstop gabbing. Is this exciting for you, you bitchy, sour, tattle-tale misogynist? 👍😘

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2021 6:40 AM

I don’t think it is harassment, OP, just inappropriate topics of conversation for the workplace.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2021 9:04 AM

You bitches need to stop replying to OBVIOUS trolls.

OP knew this post would bring out both DL's resident sexists and anti-trans trolls.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2021 9:08 AM

I'm a woman and I think you should complain to HR about it. It is disgusting, rude, and inappropriate behavior in the workplace.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2021 9:14 AM

I don’t care. I would rather listen to that then my straight male coworkers talk about hockey and basketball.

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2021 9:44 AM

Personally I think it's inappropriate to talk about anything that personal in a mixed-sex group setting, but that's just me. I'm not a prude, but you have to draw the line somewhere to maintain a decently professional atmosphere.

Would I complain? I'd probably be regarded as an uptight prude, which I am not, so I'd likely shut up and ignore.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2021 9:47 AM

Is it sexual harassment? Strictly speaking, yes.

Problem is, you're going to look like a bit of a pussy if you complain. Fraus gonna Frau especially in a female-dominated workplace.

I'd get a new job if you really are bothered by it.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2021 9:59 AM

Given OP's posting history I'm suspecting this was intended as a stealth anti trans troll thread. Still, it seems like maybe he should have thought his strategy through, because a lot of his anti trans troll pals ARE women who frequently talk about periods on DL.

Maybe he's trying to play both sides and just cause fights. Who even knows.

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2021 10:02 AM

Tranny, you are on a GAY website. People are fed up with you and your Trans tears, you fake so-called victim. You are the one who came to say men can have their period. Such a heresy can be cured. Go get treated and leave us the fuck alone R47

by Anonymousreply 48July 21, 2021 10:11 AM

If they’re in actual pain or having symptoms it’s appropriate if they’re talking shop just because they’re bored that’s inappropriate. Period pain can be as bad as a heart attack. If a person sitting next to you at their desk was having a heart attack you wouldn’t complain about them saying something would you? Hot flash symptoms come on suddenly and are also pretty extreme they can also cause someone to need to suddenly change the temperature in the room or change clothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 21, 2021 10:31 AM

Here’s the correct link for the article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 21, 2021 10:33 AM

It depends. If they are using medical terms like menopause and hot flashes and not talking to you, going to HR will make you look like an idiot and HR absolutely WILL let your superiors know it was you who complained and you'll be seen as liability (a person on the lookout for a lawsuit or trouble who can't work well around others...I assume you are outnumbered). Sure, they may have an online meaningless module sent to the fraus, but EVERYONE will know you complained and they WILL call you a "fag" behind your back. I doubt the other males know, or even care, what the frau are chatting about among themselves. If they are talking about explicit sexual things, then you have a case. Otherwise, move on and don't engage. Especially if they aren't talking to you. Also, talking about spouses and kids is never gonna be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 51July 21, 2021 10:54 AM

Also, don't you DARE even think about talking about your sex life or using inappropriate terms like "blue balls" or something. You can say "my partner" or "husband" but any talk about your genitalia and you better tread with care.

by Anonymousreply 52July 21, 2021 10:57 AM

Yes, you complain to HR, OP.

But who runs HR? Persons who have hot flushes. And we don't mean trans, luv.

You will paint yourself as a problem and an oppresser.

Of course, if you started talking about nocturnal emissions you'd be out on your ear. But fraus now rule corporate life, and if you don't take the knee, your career is over.

by Anonymousreply 53July 21, 2021 11:01 AM

I complained (lightly) to HR about a secretary’s joke about “pansies,” and all I got was “I’m sure she didn’t mean anything by it.”

by Anonymousreply 54July 21, 2021 11:50 AM

Sure OP, please come to HR to complain about this. We’ll make sure this backfires on you and will make your life hell until you leave the company!

by Anonymousreply 55July 21, 2021 11:58 AM

I'm one of the few males in a female dominated office setting.

GET OUT NOW!

by Anonymousreply 56July 21, 2021 12:11 PM

Just tell HR that this talk is offensive to women who do not cis-menstruate, and that you’ll contact Salon.com if they don’t take action.

by Anonymousreply 57July 21, 2021 12:19 PM

R57 is the wisest reply here so far. Good one.

by Anonymousreply 58July 21, 2021 12:26 PM

If I got a job and found out that I was the only male in an otherwise all female workplace, I'd quit that very day. You're ostracized before you even walk in the door. I'd rather be unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 59July 21, 2021 12:28 PM

[Quote]If men had vaginas tampons would be free and abortion unregulated.

You gotta love how radfems think men want women to shit out kids all the time. Nobody has a poorer grasp of sex differences than they do.

by Anonymousreply 60July 21, 2021 12:29 PM

all those bitches periods are going to align and OPs life will become a fuckin misery! GET THE FUCK OUT MAN, or take every fourth week off work!

by Anonymousreply 61July 21, 2021 12:34 PM

A few years ago I went to a new dentist and she and the female hygienist talked about their periods and cramps while I was sandwiched between them in the chair. I didn’t ask them to stop because they were putting sharp objects in my mouth but I never went back.

by Anonymousreply 62July 21, 2021 12:37 PM

r62 if two men with prostate problems did this to a woman patient, it would be an outrage, we all know there are different rules for men and women.

by Anonymousreply 63July 21, 2021 12:40 PM

TMI...

by Anonymousreply 64July 21, 2021 12:44 PM

As part of its DEI initiative, our company just launched #MenopauseMondays in which "we'll be sharing information, busting myths, and breaking down the stigma that still surrounds menopause." And to cover the I in DEI, we provide this clarification: [italic]*those who are non-binary and transmasculine will also go through menopause.[/italic]

I feeling trolling HR and asking when we're launching #ErectileDysfunctionFridays

by Anonymousreply 65July 21, 2021 12:50 PM

I made the mistake of mentioning that "There's nothing like the smell of menstruation in the morning" because the office stank. On of the trashy fatsos went home "sick" after that and I heard her husband threatened to beat me up. I said no one has the right to stink up the office because of bad hygiene, especially since it was a repeat offense.

by Anonymousreply 66July 21, 2021 1:14 PM

Lol R66.

I can just imagine you walking into the office, saying that on a Monday morning.

I'd be cracking up. But I'm sure the FRAUS would be fuming!

by Anonymousreply 67July 21, 2021 3:16 PM

Why do posters keep conflating menstrual periods with erectile dysfunction? Periods are not sexual. The only thing comparable is a prostate.

by Anonymousreply 68July 21, 2021 5:06 PM

R68; both are physical phenomena restricted to one sex (I'll pretend there's no such thing as trans for a moment) that are somewhat stagmatized and considered "inappropriate" to discuss in polite company. They do not need to be exact parallels in order to be compared.

by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2021 5:20 PM

You are missing an opportunity, OP. The HR witch where I work breaks into nuclear hot flashes, sweat rolling out of her makes it look like she has a transdermal sprinkler system.

I would not wish ill-health on her, but she's a real pain in the ass for everyone. So it delights me to see her wiping sweat and resembling a malaria victim.

by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2021 5:25 PM

I don't see the problem.

-Cheryl

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2021 2:50 AM

I work in an all male workplace. We don't have an HR department, there's no need because there's no FUCKIN WOMEN!

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2021 6:52 AM

I worked in an almost entirely all female workplace, Pat Catan's which is now owned by Michaels. I was one of only 5 guys working there at the time, at least 3 of us were gay. There wasn't even a separate men's bathroom. There was a fucking pail with bloody tampons next to the toilet.

For what its worth, the General Manager got fired for sexual harassment. She kept making sexual advances towards us. I didn't think complaining about her would even amount to anything, but one of the others guys reported her to corporate and she got canned.

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2021 7:25 AM

[quote] I worked in an almost entirely all female workplace, Pat Catan's which is now owned by Michaels.

For a second, I thought the name of the store was "Pete's Caftans."

Which would make sense that a Datalounger would work there.

by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2021 4:37 PM

R60, you’re not making any sense. Try a Midol.

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2021 5:13 PM

I long for the days when people had manners and class and common sense and kept things to themselves, when there was no need to be running to HR like little school girls telling the teacher on someone.

by Anonymousreply 76July 23, 2021 5:22 AM

Bizarre. I was raised to believe it was unladylike to discuss "female issues" in the presence of men. I honestly have no idea how some women are so free with that. It's inappropriate. Especially in a professional environment.

That said, make an anonymous complaint to HR OP, because if you do so as a male, you'll likely be ridiculed as a misogynist and forced to attend a "sensitivity workshop" or some shit.

by Anonymousreply 77July 23, 2021 8:56 AM

My co-worker revealed to me that she flows like a water Buffalo

by Anonymousreply 78July 23, 2021 10:07 PM

Have you thought about joining their conversation? Tell them that you don't get periods but you do get gonorrhea on a regular basis and have to deal with the ooze and discomfort when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 79July 23, 2021 10:10 PM

I like to talk about tampons and the best products on the market to fight odor and wetness.

by Anonymousreply 80July 23, 2021 10:12 PM

R77 yes and they should always wear dresses! And bonnets! And what are they even doing in the workplace? How did they get there - did their husbands drive them?

by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2021 10:32 PM

Can a mtf claim to have periods and pms? Do ftm stop having them? Is Caitlyn menopausal? Someone get Tommy please.

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2021 10:36 PM

Op join in and say you’re getting pms too and ask if they think you’re transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2021 11:06 PM

You could have some fun with it as other posters have suggested. Join in and act SUPER campy and femme and start talking about how you are now less "firm" dow there and what can you do...poor me...all lubricants just let you down after a certain age and God only knows, you and your partner have tried them ALL...how you sympathize with their plight as you also don't "feel so fresh" after a trip to the potty on a hot day...oh, makes a girl just DIE. Wrist flicking is a must and accentuate the gay voice. They will LOVE you.

by Anonymousreply 84July 24, 2021 11:08 AM

Who thinks OP is full of shit? I have been around many women over the years and they don’t constantly talk about their periods of their hot flashes. OP just hates women and needs something to bitch about . He’s jealous he doesn’t have a bagina.

by Anonymousreply 85July 24, 2021 11:23 AM

R85 - tbh me neither. I have understood enough to understand that my roommate talks about hot flashes to older women when we are in a heat wave with no electricity but not directly if men are around just shit like heating up, having a fan on standby at all times while working from home in the summer...I get the drift but I haven't heard anyone saying stuff about their period in any office ever except when a trans started going to the bathroom at a music company I worked for and a Latina I would go to lunch with said she was kinda embarrassed to use the tampon dispenser once so she walked down the street to Cost Plus's bathroom (I know...crazy context but the only time I heard it and she had a reason to mention it just to me, in private).

by Anonymousreply 86July 24, 2021 11:31 AM

So much misogyny on this site all because your stinking shit holes can’t compete with women, you will never attract straight men!

by Anonymousreply 87July 29, 2021 7:00 PM

Only men can be guilty of sexual harassment because they’re the oppressors. Scrutinizing women’s behavior is misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 88July 29, 2021 7:08 PM

My advice as a female: Just go silent, people with an ounce of decency should know you’re intolerable uncomfortable and exclude you from the conversation.

I mean, you have every right to be irritated & complain. When a group of my gay (male) friends started to talk about them jacking off—trust me they brought up that topic like 3/4 of the day—I got incredibly uncomfortable too.

Though, please make sure your hatred and annoyance towards them is not to the extent of ‘misogyny.’

by Anonymousreply 89July 29, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote] when there was no need to be running to HR like little school girls telling the teacher on someone.

Yes, exactly. My mother always told us that snitches get stitches. If I or one of my siblings ever “told” on one of the others, the snitch is the one who got in trouble. It was not tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 90July 29, 2021 7:12 PM

ANYWAY, having spent 15 years in an all-girl school, we are least likely, hell no, almost NEVER, discuss girl shits out loud. Totally, within a group of close friends. But in front of other "men"? Eh.

by Anonymousreply 91July 29, 2021 7:16 PM

people who go running to HR about everything instead of dealing with their personal issues like grownups, are the reason people who work in white collar office jobs are often so miserable, you're all just waiting for someone to ruin you over the littlest thing, it's soviet!

and who knows if OP is telling the truth, DL is full of fan fiction

by Anonymousreply 92July 29, 2021 7:20 PM

OP if you are telling the truth, just be direct with them, no need to be overly serious, let them know it makes you uncomfortable, they'll stop.

by Anonymousreply 93July 29, 2021 7:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!