Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miley Cyrus goes Old Hollywood in new video for “Plastic Hearts”

Dare I say, this is great? I love the song and lyrics, and the video is great! Miley is doing what she wants. Good for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 11:49 AM

Damning with faint praise, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 12:50 AM

For you, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 1:09 AM

I have said this a million times and I will say it again. Miley's voice was made for country or country-tinged rock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 3:26 PM

R3 because she IS Country posing as everything else

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 3:34 PM

Xana-don't.

Just don't.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 4:43 PM

Miley is lucky she had those music industry connections for her post-Disney music career. She would have ended up just like Hilary Duff and be demanding a Hannah Montana reboot on Disney+ over social media.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 4:49 PM

The parts they didn't steal from stock footage or Xanadu are terrible quality, it's like they were filmed by an amateur on an iPhone who was watching old 1990s videos for inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 4:54 PM

The video was fun. Miley has become a wonderful entertainer. Her sister Noah has been releasing some amazing stuff, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 4:55 PM

I don’t like it. Her voice is too harsh and the song is mediocre. I have liked more of Noah’s output in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 5:02 PM

Maybe Noah will be the Solange to Miley's Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 9:08 PM

If you listen carefully, you can hearing Marilyn spinning at her Westwood crypt faster than those skate wheels.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 9:18 PM

R6 no. Duff didn’t make tons of millions off of Lizzie. Actually, she made a total of like $4-$5 million off the show and film.

Miley earned a few hundred million playing Hannah Montana because she was also able to sell double merchandise, as Miley and as Hannah, and she sold out massive tours.

She doesn’t need to work. She does what she wants.

Duff needs to work to maintain her lifestyle

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 9:19 PM

Lizzie McGuire made tons of money off of merchandise. Lizzie had books, dolls, toys, CDs, clothing, etc and Duff made money because they used her likeness. That's So Raven and Lizzie were both Disney's merchandise sellers and cash cows. Hilary, Raven and Miley all don't need to work.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 9:22 PM

Also, Miley has a post-Disney music career because of nepotism. She was a daughter of a country star and grew up in the Nashville music industry. Both Hannah Montana and tween pop Miley made her bank but her music career could have easily gone nowhere after Disney kicked her out after Hannah Montana wrapped up. Miley's industry connections enabled her to keep making music, getting radio airtime and mainstream media promo.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 9:28 PM

R14 she didn’t use her nepotistic connections, she used connections she made and created her own career.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 9:31 PM

R13 Lizzie and Raven were successful but neither were the cash cow that was Hannah Montana

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 9:32 PM

R15 Her father and Nashville family friends like Dolly Parton helped get her career to take off. Miley didn't do it herself and her post-Disney career was successful because of nepotism. Everyone knows Hollywood and the music industry is rife with nepotism. Taylor Swift was a true rags-to-riches story (yes I know she grew up upper-class but she had no connections like Miley did0

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 9:35 PM

Since when has nepotism equaled success? Get real r17. Nepotism will get you the job but it doesn’t make the project a success.

Her album wasn’t a huge hit because of “nepotism”.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 9:37 PM

R18 Yes, it was because of all the talented producers (which nepotism can get you access to) and also her "I'm no longer a Disney princess" wild antics. She still piggybacked from her Disney roots by acting polar opposite to it. Most of her fans were with her since Hannah Montana or people who want to watch the trainwreck. I do think she has some talent but she has no discipline nor unique identity. I wish she would to stick to country or folk because she can sound beautiful with that sound.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 9:41 PM

R19 a lot of Miley’s stuff is her vision. She’s creative. Not everyone is a puppet. She certainly isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 9:44 PM

R20 If she was so creative then she wouldn't be a copycat of other artists and aesthetics. She would make her own distinctive sound.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 9:47 PM

Is that possible in 2021? No.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 9:48 PM

R22 Yes it is. Listen to rock, electronic, jazz and soul. You will find a lot of creativity. Pop music has no creative integrity anymore.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 9:50 PM

It’s an interesting video, full of references to several, unrelated movies.

Xanadu is a core aesthetic, but I feel like Miley’s primary outfit is Cyndi Lauper.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 10:59 PM

This Miley Cyprus woman is so trashy and Satanic, which is not surprising given singers have to sell their souls to the devil in exchange for money and fame. That said, at least she has a good voice and an actual career, unlike Liam

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 9:43 AM

I watched Miley's Pride show last month and am not ashamed to admit that I enjoyed the whole thing.

She may be a crazy, messed up, drugged up slut, but her heart is in the right place. Shouldn't that qualify her for Gay Icon, Jr. League status?

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 11:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!