Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Once Upon A Time In Hollywood”

This film sucked, right?

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 12:58 AM

Haven’t seen it and for sure it must either suck or be over hyped because I have great spider senses when it comes to films. So if I still haven’t seen it, it’s because I probably never will.

LMAO 🤣

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 9:10 PM

It’s my favorite Tarantino film — I absolutely loved it and found it very engaging and compelling.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 9:12 PM

I’m a big fan of the topic and even I was bored midway through. There’s no plot. The only interesting part of the movie is the child actress on the set of the western.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 9:15 PM

Excuse me @R3 I meant acTOR. I forgot she said actress is a nonsensical term.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 9:17 PM

The entire plot around Leo was BORING. That scene of him on set was interminable.

The Brad Pitt section was better. The scene at Spahn Ranch actually had a lot of tension, and was quite creepy.

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 9:21 PM

I loved it, and those two guys together.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote] There’s no plot.

You’re right. It was more of a slice of life film but what was the point?

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 9:29 PM

It didn’t suck as much as I expected, but it certainly didn’t deserve all the Oscar nominations. (And I generally like Brad Pitt.)

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 9:34 PM

It’s awful. Nothing happens. No story. It’s just nice to look at. The Kill Bill films were a million times better.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 5:38 PM

I loved the gorgeous recreation of 1960s L.A. and the cinematography. I found the typical Tarantino violence cruel and off putting ( yes I know complaining about violence in a Tarantino film is like complaining about finding shrimp in shrimp scampi but still). I felt if Tarantino wanted to rewrite history the film would have been more poignant showing some strange, non violent twist of fate or unexpected event saving the victims. Think a butterfly effect sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2021 11:36 PM

It was HORRIBLY miscast. You don't cast Brad Pitt as the ugly, invisible stunt double. That role should have been played by some character actor like Tim Blake Nelson or Sam Rockwell. Then you have Pitt play the handsome stud actor. Or do the same and keep DiCaprio. This made the central relationship not very believable. Missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2021 11:39 PM

I never understood all the fuss about this movie. I too was bored about halfway through and stopped watching. I agree with the post that indicated that Tarantino had made much better films. I like to kill Bill series myself

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2021 11:44 PM

Outstanding; I loved it. Immediately vaulted into my Top Ten.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2021 11:45 PM

One interesting thing about this was how Quentin Tarantino has a foot fetish and how he always takes shots of women’s feet. This movie was like the first time he used it on a man - Leo.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2021 11:45 PM

It's the best American movie since David Fincher's Zodiac.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2021 11:47 PM

It's the greatest movie ever made, okay???

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2021 11:48 PM

I've only seen clips, but the art direction, scenic & costume designs are gorgeous. But I love that period anyway.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2021 11:50 PM

It's very entertaining except for the last 90 seconds(where these real life figures would not have behaved at all in the way they were portrayed).

The film's message is worthwhile. It's fiction based on real lives and events. "OUATIH" is worth seeing.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2021 12:03 AM

I loved it. And this was the first film of his I had seen in a while that didn't want to edit out a bunch of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2021 12:04 AM

I also enjoyed the scene on the Spahn Ranch. But the rest of the movie was forgettable. The best thing about it was the sound and visual of Brad Pitt squeezing a whole can of dog food into his pitbull's food bowl.

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2021 12:08 AM

Margaret Qualley was good in this!

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2021 12:12 AM

Loved the Bruce Lee scene.

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2021 12:27 AM

I think he made it as a "no substance, all style" film as a statement against the Marvel/Disney blockbusters that have dominated the industry. It felt like he purposely played all of his own tropes (like the foot fetish) in order to say it all before any critic could and therefore there would be nothing to say about the movie at all. And this would all be in the name of forcing audiences to sit through the film and appreciate the craft. It's like a movie that can't be spoiled like that. It's all about the craft of filmmaking rather than whether or not Iron Man died.

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2021 12:31 AM

It’s the only Tarantino film I’ve ever liked.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 12:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!