Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s office work like now?

Do you have to work in the office or are you still remote? Has everything fallen apart, or have bosses become more demanding? Is it hell, or is it the best ever? Really curious.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2021 1:28 AM

I’m still remote, at least though December. I’m dreading the inevitable demand to return to the office (I don’t mind the office itself, I loathe the commute) so I am looking for remote work. I think remote is the future. I certainly hope so. Ideally, mostly remote, going in now and then for meetings.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 8:32 PM

I feel remote brings out unprofessionalism. I think I prefer onsite after all.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 8:53 PM

We started going back on a rotating basis in June with 50% in the office. However as of Monday (we were emailed over the weekend), it’s been cut to 25% and trying not to have more than a couple of team members overlap in case someone gets infected. The number of cases is going up including those who have been vaccinated. Unless my teammates are lying, all have been vaccinated except two. Career limiting move IMO. I am not scheduled to go in until next month.

I’m actually more productive at home and have achieved work-life balance for the first time in my 30+ year career.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote]The number of cases is going up including those who have been vaccinated.

Have they all had their second shots?

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 3:15 AM

I was called back into the office and, while I don't mind going in, we are being overworked, while people at home get a more relaxed day. The pressure is on to deal with the backlog from the pandemic but we don't have enough people on-site, and those who are on-site are being overworked and burning out.

I don't mind coming in but I wish the work was more balanced between those in-office and at home.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 3:23 AM

If you don't like your job, there's a lot of jobs out there now. Change it up. Make it work for you. I know that sounds easy but if you break it down into steps, it's not complicated. Apply for jobs until you get one. Don't give up. Then quit the shitty one. Move merrily on.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 3:31 AM

r6 that's just what I did and it was definitely the right thing to do. I feel much better and less stressed now.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 6:16 AM

R6 is right and I’m on it! I have an interview today and one tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 1:06 PM

Offices are dull and dreary places. Having around half WFH days is better.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote] I’m actually more productive at home and have achieved work-life balance for the first time in my 30+ year career.

Agreed It has been wonderful to be able to weave activities of daily life into a work routine -- and avoiding a horrible commute. I dread going back. I wish I could retire.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2021 1:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!