Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hunter Biden's art

Sebatian Smee calls him a "cafe painter".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2021 11:49 AM

art is art. I can't stand Picasso's paintings but all that means is that his art isn't any good thru my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2021 9:26 PM

Hunter might well be mediocre but Sebastian Smee sounds like a major League bitch. The type of person whose nose is perpetually in the air.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2021 9:36 PM

I noticed that the art critic mentions that Hunter's art is not great art, that he's more of a dabbler than a great artist who has devoted his life to it.

So what. It's still art, and we have to look beyond our feelings about Hunter Biden. It may not be my cup of tea or to the critic's liking, but it's still art. I suppose there is a point that crappy art devolves into something that isn't art, but I'm not an art critic so I don't know what that point is.

However, there are a lot of people who take up art after they retire. Some take up art when they have an extended vacation. Some just dabble when they have free free time. None of these people have devoted their life to their art, but they still create something that can be considered art. Then there are those who have devoted their lives to making art and still aren't any good. Let's take Hunter Biden out of it for a moment. Art is art. Some is good, some is bad. Some is who the hell knows?

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2021 9:37 PM

It’s as valuable as someone is willing to pay for it

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2021 9:43 PM

I read online this morning that Prince Harry is writing his memoir. Please fucking spare us. He's not a writer. Neither is his wife. Neither are they executive producers. But if they put out a book, I suppose for the moment they are considered writers or someone who dabbles in writing. Hunter Biden dabbles in art. So for the time being he may not be an artist by profession, but he creates art whether it's great, good, mediocre or terrible. I'll leave that up to those who can judge art or want it hanging in their living room.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2021 9:43 PM

I actually think some of it is attractive, but I agree with Smee's judgement, which actually isn't too rude, all things considered.

There's nothing wrong with therapeutic painting or pretty colors, but they don't translate automatically into art.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2021 9:47 PM

I suppose Hunter's next career move will be as an actor or tv anchor.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2021 9:50 PM

A Saudi billionaire or Ukrainian oligarch will buy one of Picasso's shitty paintings and get access to dear old daddy.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2021 9:51 PM

I want Cunter to paint my face with semen.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2021 9:54 PM

Hunter Biden doesn't need to be a good artist. All he needs is to be the president's son and make sure that the identities of those who buy his perpetrations for a minimum of between $75,000 to $500,000. He is a useless, good-for-nothing druggie who has kept failing upward in life thanks to nepotism and his corrupt daddy's overprotection. And if that worked in George W Bush's favour, who was also a worthless junkie that never suceeded at anything, I don't see why it shouldn't work in Hunter's favour - after all, they're both equally big pieces of shit, and at least the Biden turd isn't trying to become the next president... At least not yet.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2021 9:54 PM

He really is a handsome bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2021 9:55 PM

R10: He hasn't accomplished anything on his own in his miserable life. Everything handed to him on a silver platter and still he's a colossal fuckup.

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2021 10:03 PM

I don't understand why anyone even cares what Hunter is doing or will be doing. what the hell difference does it make?

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2021 10:03 PM

R12, I agree and I'm madder than hell about it!!!

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2021 10:06 PM

I guess Mr. Smee has given up his job with Captain Hook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2021 10:08 PM

It's not just Hunter. The daughter Joe has with Jill has been in rehab multiple times and has had several drug related arrests. The sister in law Hunter was fucking has been to rehab five times. Joe's brother got several DWIs and Joe's niece has been to rehab multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2021 10:11 PM

Well, shame on them for having addictions instead of staying clean and ripping off a children's cancer charity!!!

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2021 10:13 PM

Please bitch. We a fucked up. At least till 2024.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2021 10:37 PM

Depends. Does he use his cock as the paintbrush?

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2021 10:39 PM

[Quote] He is a useless, good-for-nothing druggie

You describe most painters actually

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2021 10:42 PM

Sheesh, no matter what Hunter does, you haters are going to claim he can do nothing without nepotism.

No wonder he had to turn to drugs

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2021 10:43 PM

R21

Bitch please, he was a whore-mongering crackhead long before DL even started

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2021 10:45 PM

Look at hunter biden. He already has enough money that he never has to work another day in his life, but he's willing to risk his father's presidency and democracy in America so he can sell his paintings

this piece of shit junkie, is going to ruin it. Just like he ruins every other thing in his life

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] this piece of shit junkie, is going to ruin it. Just like he ruins every other thing in his life

Shut up, Boris. You don't even live here. Focus on that half of an onion to feed your family of six.

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote] I read online this morning that Prince Harry is writing his memoir. Please fucking spare us. He's not a writer. Neither is his wife.

Get the fuck out of here R5. You're a piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote] Get the fuck out of here [R5]. You're a piece of shit

Thanks for joining the conversation, Meghan. How shocking that you were kicked out of royal finishing school... they were so racist!

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2021 10:54 PM

This is a good path for him. Stay out of business and definitely don’t touch politics.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2021 10:58 PM

No one cares about Hunter except on DL

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2021 11:01 PM

Joe should do a DNA test on Hunter. He may in fact be Donald Trump's kid.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2021 11:02 PM

He's too handsome to be a Trump.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2021 11:03 PM

[quote] A Saudi billionaire or Ukrainian oligarch will buy one of Picasso's shitty paintings and get access to dear old daddy.

With Trump it was much easier: you just send a hooker to pee on him.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2021 11:06 PM

R16, you sure threw a lot of “facts” out

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2021 11:07 PM

Oops posted too soon at r32. r16, please cite your sources. None of the stuff you posted has been published anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2021 11:08 PM

Usually, these turd trolls start swarming around as the weekend approaches and leave on Sunday to get ready for their day jobs: hammering aluminum siding in a Krasnoyarsk factory or collecting unemployment in some Western European country where they sit around and bitch about immigrants and the "great replacement."

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2021 11:10 PM

[quote] Thanks for joining the conversation, Meghan. How shocking that you were kicked out of royal finishing school... they were so racist!

Get out of here cunt.

by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2021 11:11 PM

^and don’t quote the Daily Mail or any of the bullshit fake shit that was pulled from Hunter’s supposed laptop.

by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2021 11:11 PM

All this does is make you admire the Obama's and Clinton's more for having kids who stayed out of trouble and who grew up to smart intellectuals who just want a regular career and who don't crave the limelight.

So many families with money are fucked up trash.

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2021 11:12 PM

Sorry to say r37 but Chelsea Clinton is nuts. Smart but nuts.

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2021 11:15 PM

R38: She's not smart at all.

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2021 11:32 PM

Lots of bs in this thread. How is Chelsea nuts?

by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2021 11:37 PM

R39 yeah, University College, Oxford only awards PhDs to dummies.

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2021 11:39 PM

Plenty of stupid/crazy people get advanced degrees from prestigious schools— thanks to who their daddy is.

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2021 11:45 PM

Chelsea: bachelors from Stanford, Columbia University masters in public health, University College, Oxford - masters degree and PhD.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2021 11:56 PM

R43: And has she ever had a real job? Yeah didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2021 12:16 AM

Damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t, r44. But we know where your sentiments lie, Dumper.

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2021 12:19 AM

What an idiotic conversation about Chelsea Clinton and whether she’s smart. Both her parents—whether you like them or not—were brilliant intellectually (and both were born in working class families, so achieved what they had on their own). Odds are she’s pretty smart.

by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote]He hasn't accomplished anything on his own in his miserable life. Everything handed to him on a silver platter and still he's a colossal fuckup.

Why thank you, you know me all to well.

Donald Trump Jr.

by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2021 12:31 AM

[quote] And has she ever had a real job? Yeah didn't think so.

So fucking what?

You're stupid

by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2021 12:32 AM

I like Joe Biden and want him to succeed--and save us from Trump and the Repigs.

Hunter Biden is a piece of shit and loser. I don't care if he's rehabilitated or not. His reputation is ruined, and he's one drink or one hit off a marijuana joint from falling into drunken weekend binge and embarrassing himself and his father. Hunter needs to stay out of the spotlight, out of the news and stop giving Fox News any ammunition to keep his name in the headlines. Hunter, go the fuck away. The country needs you to go the fuck away until at least 2028.

by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote] The sister in law Hunter was fucking has been to rehab five times. Joe's brother got several DWIs and Joe's niece has been to rehab multiple times.

That doesn't matter. It has no effect on the presidency. Hunter's art dealings have the potential to bring down the presidency

He fucks up everything he touches

Just like with his baby momma. He knew he fucked her and might be the father of her kid. Did he quietly get a paternity test and pay her child support? No he did not. He forced her to take him to court (even though his dad might be running for president).

Hunter's not the kind of guy that admits his mistakes when he's caught up in a bad situation. He doubles down when he fucks up. That's what should terrify everyone

by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2021 12:53 AM

If Madonna drew something, her crazy fans would pay hundreds of thousands for it. They don’t care what is “good” or “bad” art.

The same applies here. People will pay what they want to pay.

by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2021 12:59 AM

R50: He doesn’t have to admit his mistakes. Daddy cleans it up for him. Story of Hunter’s life.

by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2021 1:04 AM

R52 “But Daddy always cleans up your mistakes! He’s exactly right about you!”

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2021 1:09 AM

Now, let's talk about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2021 1:46 AM

But Hunter has a nice cock so all of forgiven. Seriously give the guy a break. He never wanted the spotlight like his father.

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2021 2:46 AM

I want Hunter to paint my face with his jizz.

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2021 2:55 AM

[quote] I want Hunter to paint my face with his jizz.

Is that you Jill? We'll have to wait until 7pm when the old guy falls asleep in his creamed wheat.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2021 2:57 AM

[Quote] And has she ever had a real job?

Chelsea’s breeding and her educational backgrounds makes her eminently qualified to run the Clinton Foundation.

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2021 3:40 AM

We live in a time when some of the most celebrated artists can't even do their own work, they tell their helpers what they want done. At least Biden paints his own pictures, as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2021 3:45 AM

R58 Chelsea worked at WHO in Geneva one summer during her college years. A couple of friends - both gay men - worked with her. They adored her, said she was totally down-to-earth, very friendly, very smart with a great sense of humor. Totally unpretentious and she had everything to be pretentious about.

by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2021 4:39 AM

So what. If Hunter wants to paint and sell the results he has every right to do so.

It's ridiculous even to mention that a person would buy his paintings to get influence with President Biden. After four years of nonstop grifting from the trumps this is a joke. You can't compare selling paintings to the massive grift perpetuated by the criminal trumps.

Painting can be incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. I'm an artist and painting is my happy place. If people are willing to buy his paintings, good for him.

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2021 4:48 AM

Better than George W. Bush's "art".

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2021 6:42 AM

[quote] It's ridiculous even to mention that a person would buy his paintings to get influence with President Biden

You're a God damned fool

This would be EXACTLY like junkie Hunter Biden to think he could sell some paintings for some favors and no one would notice

Let's remember Mr Bad Judgement's, bad decisions

like the time he got the stripper pregnant. And wouldn't pay her child support & forced her to take him to court. He's lucky she was discrete. VERY LUCKY

or

the time he fucked his sister in law and the whole world was repulsed & watching. He thought it would be a good idea to secretly fuck her sister at the same time

or

taking his laptop with LOTS and LOTS of revealing info in it to some fucked up weirdo to get fixed. Hasn't Cokie McCokehead ever heard of the Geek Squad?

or

how he just HAD to release his stupid biography. Even with the potential to bring really bad press to his dad

With judgement like that, selling paintings for access to his dad has probably already happened. And announcing this "secret bidding" bullshit is his "great idea" to deflect the media away from prior sales

he refuses to wait 3 yrs until Joe's out of office to sell his paintings

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2021 2:32 PM

R63, they’re just paintings.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote] Let's remember Mr Bad Judgement's, bad decisions

Why should I care?

Caravaggio killed someone and is still considered a great artist.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2021 3:29 PM

R63, nearly everything you list are "moral" complaints.

What he does in his life has absolutely not bearing on anyone else. It's amazing how people get wrapped up with other people's choices.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2021 3:30 PM

Hunter takes huge nasty dumps.

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2021 3:32 PM

R67 Yummy!

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2021 5:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2021 5:35 PM

Those are a lot better than I thought they'd be. Pretty unique too

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2021 5:37 PM

His shitty art would bother me less if he donated the money to a worthy charity. Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2021 5:45 PM

R21: That's because he can't do anything without nepotism. He has no talent or relevant skills.

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2021 7:22 PM

From the "Useful Idiots" podcast: art critic gives her opinion on Hunter Biden's paintings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2021 7:29 PM

Hunter Biden is a total mess. He's as bad as his fellow junkie Donnie Jr.

by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2021 10:00 PM

I would love to have slipped a Damien Hirst painting in the critical slide show at R73 just to see what they say about it as a Hunter Biden piece, I doubt that they would recognize it as Damien Hirst. So much criticism is bullshit because the critics know so much about what they're seeing beforehand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2021 10:26 PM

Where are his dick pics?

by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2021 11:44 PM

R76

After years of banging fellow crack whores he picked up off the street, that dick is something you'd only want to see in a horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2021 12:12 PM

His cock is still big and meaty, a lot more than we can say for Trump DNA.

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2021 12:20 PM

There was a Daily Fail article about it recently r33, I'm not going to bother to look it up because Biden's relatives aren't president. I'm sure you understand that but our trolls seem to have trouble with the concept.

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2021 12:49 PM

[quote]one hit off a marijuana joint

r49 is one million years old.

by Anonymousreply 80July 22, 2021 12:52 PM

[quote] There was a Daily Fail article about it recently [R33], I'm not going to bother to look it up because Biden's relatives aren't president. I'm sure you understand that but our trolls seem to have trouble with the concept.

Says the poster who even NOW cannot stop talking about Melania, Eric, Don Jr., Baron, and Ivanka. Nice try, Xi Jinping.

by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2021 11:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!