Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"The Me That Won't Shut Up" Prince Harry Has penned a memoir

According to Random House, Prince Harry is finally ready to tell his story (I thought he did that with Oprah three times now?)

"I'm not writing this as a prince," say Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481August 17, 2021 2:51 PM

What a king

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2021 6:38 PM

Thank goodness they’re finally getting the privacy they’ve wanted from the media.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2021 6:41 PM

Harry girl, take a seat.

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2021 6:41 PM

Say what you will, but at least the Sussexes are striking while the iron is hot. Interest in the Windsors will plummet when (if?) The Queen dies and William and Harry become old and unattractive (which has already started to occur).

They're smart to cash in now.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2021 6:43 PM

So basically he wants to take down the monarchy because he doesn't William to be a bigger celebrity than he is.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2021 6:43 PM

Apparently this was announced today because the UK Government is Quietly changing the Regency Act to remove Harry as he is no longer resident in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2021 6:45 PM

The Brits are so petty.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2021 6:48 PM

Honestly, he would have a lot more credibility to me if he gave up his titles. Otherwise he's just a petulant "trust fund" kid trying to blackmail daddy for more money.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] Interest in the Windsors will plummet when (if?) The Queen dies and William and Harry become old and unattractive (which has already started to occur).

I don't think that's true at all.

Interest in the Windsors will be high when the changeover inevitably comes: everyone will want to know how Charles handles being king, whether Camilla will even become queen, and how William and Kate will be as Prince and Princess of Wales.

Moreover, the Queen is 95 now, and her mother lived to 101. Let's say the current Queen lives to the same age (a likely bet). Prince George will be 13 then and just entering puberty, which will be very interesting for everyone: since he looks so much like his father now, he will probably be, like his father, a very handsome teenage boy when he (inevitably) attends secondary school.

Finally, many people think Harry's marriage will have collapsed by then, and he might very well be back on the marriage market.

Public fascination with the BRF is intrinsic to it. It's not the Queen herself who is so glamorous (she is a dutiful but dull and aged woman), but rather the institution of the monarchy itself. Just as with William before, and Charles before that, everyone in the English-speaking world will become interested in time with who George will marry when he gets older.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2021 6:54 PM

r4 But their not cashing in now but in 14 months when I suspect even more people will have entered the zone of couldn't give a f**k

He will I am sure being the blackmailer of sorts that he is try to use this book as leverage-Give me my own way on Lilibets christening, The Jubilee, more money , paid security etc and I will not include or reveal story x y z in my book. The royal family and their advisors would have been expecting this and game planned for it. In a broadbrush summary they will largely take the hit and move on like after the Oprah interview. I wonder if other people will also publish books like the women Harry is supposed to have been inappropriate with in the USA when doing military training? He can't spill beans about his experiences and expect nobody else in the world might not do the same to his detriment. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

r7 Petty for not having someone as a counsellor of state or regent to a future head of state when they no longer live in that state and have trashed it? Few states would accept any comparable equivalent situation. Its logical and fair.

What is petty is having a trustful and crying publicly like a spoilt brat that Daddy won't give you anymore money.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2021 6:55 PM

He's hoping Charles will pay him not to write it, or excuse me, have it ghostwritten.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2021 6:55 PM

"My Perpetual Victimhood: Memories of a Poor Little Rich Boy," by Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex*

*Forbidden by You-Know-Who from Using My Rightful HRH Styling

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2021 6:56 PM

If this gets published, it'll be a massive flop.

I think it's clear by now that nobody wants to hear Harry whinge about how hard his life has been, and how the trauma of not being given as much free luxuries as his brother has had affected his mental health.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2021 6:57 PM

It appears that Page Six leaked the story and it forced Random House to confirm it. Allegedly this wasn't going to be announced until next year.

Also Daily Mail is reporting that BP was set to annouce changes to the Regency Act (which would have barred Harry and his children from ever acting as Regent).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2021 6:57 PM

R13 It'll flop in the UK...in the US it'll do better I think.

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2021 6:59 PM

r15 But he will still be an increasing irrelevance 12 months on after the books publication. The trajectory is inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2021 7:00 PM

So Harry isn't writing it....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2021 7:01 PM

Harry's titles were bestowed by The Queen. I agree with those who think he should give them up, but Her Majesty has to take them. To preemptively give them up wouldn't just be a breach of protocol, it could be personally hurtful.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2021 7:02 PM

R18 The Queen won't take them away but Harry should ask the Queen to put them in abeyance. Basically he'd still have them but he would no longer be allowed to use them.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2021 7:04 PM

Oh shit...some of Harry's former classmates are throwing dirt at him now LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2021 7:11 PM

But I thought he said the Oprah interview was the final word on denigrating his family? Or is he finally realizing that his title and Royal connections are the only marketable commodities that he has.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2021 7:16 PM

R21 This will be the final, FINAL word.....until the divorce. Which makes me wonder, will they even still be together by the end of next year.

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2021 7:34 PM

r21 I think he said that feeling confident his blackmail attempt would work. I reckon they thought the interview would result in the royal family offering them all sorts of goodies, riches and titles.

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2021 7:37 PM

As soon as William's kids hit young adulthood (which will be here before you know it) all the attention will be on them and Harry and Meghan will be yesterday's news.

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2021 7:40 PM

Well so much for Lilibet's baptism at Windsor........

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2021 7:44 PM

The Brits are so UK-centric on this board. Harry didn't want his dad's money or his cottage or any of that. He and Meghan wanted to be Americans, to live the American dream...they had enough, told us why they left and so be it. If she had wanted it, she could have stayed and been like Kate but I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone with a little bit of money and freedom would want to tie themselves down for life like that. I would kill myself. No wonder Diana went mad and Fergie got through it drunk or high. Most of my gym friends said they didn't know what she was thinking. Giving up an independent life to live like that? Can't even have a bite when you want or turn on the light as you please, according to Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2021 7:44 PM

Why isn't anyone groaning at the the prospect of the next inevitable development???? HER memoir.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2021 7:48 PM

R26 LMAO maybe because it's the British Royal Family? Also 99%.9 of the forum is dominated by American perspectives so bugger off.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2021 7:51 PM

If Harry and Meghan "wanted to be Americans, to live the American dream", r26, then job ONE would have been to drop their titles.

Meanwhile, they complain about having not enough titles, she puts her title rather than her name on the spine of her book, and he is so title-focused that he filled out Lilibuck's birth certificate improperly, avoiding all mention of his forenames entirely.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2021 7:51 PM

Harry says he is donating the proceeds to charity.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote]Most of my gym friends said they didn't know what she was thinking. Giving up an independent life to live like that?

Because she was a never-was actress who was looking at 40 and things were only going to go downhill for her. She was never going to get really famous and a posh lifestyle otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2021 8:00 PM

So after the silly Scobie book, the Oprah interview, the Dax Shepherd interview, the endless leaks ...

Harry has something to tell us.

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2021 8:01 PM

R30 = Archewell

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2021 8:01 PM

r26 Oh really because the fact they want British royal titles for themselves and for their children to be titled as British Prince and Princess kind of contradicts that statement. You are also ignoring, perhaps intentionally that they wanted a half in half out arrangement and not just to be americans and were quite miffed when denied. The new invention by some of their fanclub they made this offer because they wanted to be kind and help the royal family out with duties is frankly nonsense at its kindest and bull at its least kind.

There's a reason they are trying to rewrite history about Initially asking for half in half out arrangement and that's because it undermines and contradicts their new narrative.

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2021 8:01 PM

The brass balls of them to want their son to be titles as a prince when he would have nothing to do with Britain, grow up in California and basically be a celebutard like Brody Jenner was shameless. It would've been an insult to the British people and cheapened the Monarchy.

As the Jews say, "that takes chutzpah!"

by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2021 8:04 PM

Yeah it will probably happen, R27 but only, I imagine, after a year or two of "marriage trouble" speculation on the cover of every tabloid magazine, followed by the bitter divorce and her re-emergence as her "brave struggle" is revealed.

by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2021 8:05 PM

Rewrite his ultra-cringe announcement quote, should the urge take you, here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2021 8:06 PM

This will likely backfire (as the Oprah interview did) in the UK particularly given it's coming out during the Queen's jubilee.

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2021 8:10 PM

Not as the Prince he was born, but as the Prince he refuses to stop reminding us all he still is.

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2021 8:24 PM

Harry's a moron. I thought Meghan was smart but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2021 8:27 PM

R37 - " I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but the cad I have become"

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2021 8:33 PM

R37 - "I'm NOT writing this as a prince or a man".

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2021 8:34 PM

More Sussex fuckery. So tiring. He’s writing the book as the prince he was born as bc he won’t give up the fucking title, even though Americans don’t recognize princely titles.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2021 8:46 PM

Obsessive-Compulsive Klan Granny Royals Thread #24,288,653

by Anonymousreply 44July 19, 2021 8:56 PM

No one is taking down the monarchy, including Ha6, who by now has a pretty good idea that nothing he and Meghan claim has done it. What's more, they can now see that all their attacks have made the Queen and the Cambridges look good.

All Harry is interested in is milking every last drop of money out of his royal status before the balloon goes completely flat.

He hasn't a thing to tell anyone that is any more vicious or dishonest than what he and Meghan have already lobbed, and the monarchy hasn't budged.

They need every penny they can lay their hands on. That's all. This was just the logical Next Thing.

We'll all be afflicted with them for the foreseeable future, because public exposure is the air they must breathe in order to live lives with any context.

On my the venue changed: the basic rationale for their lives didn't.

No one really cares what they actually say any longer, unless they accuse William of boiling bunnies for breakfast in front of his kids, and will care even less so in 2022.

But they have to keep talking, or, like the shark who has to keep moving, they'll die.

The Windsors are moving on, clearly freezing the two of them out gradually but inexorably.

The Harkles will keep trying to pretend that they haven't become irrelevant to the Windsors.

None of it will matter much.

by Anonymousreply 45July 19, 2021 8:59 PM

So, not content with worrying his beloved grandfather right up to his death, the Prince of Hearts is going to spoil his honoured grandmother’s Jubilee year too.

Remember everyone, “Be kind!”

by Anonymousreply 46July 19, 2021 8:59 PM

^*only the venue has changed.

by Anonymousreply 47July 19, 2021 9:00 PM

Here's how Random House describes Harry: "Prince Harry is one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time".

Yes. His Royal Highness is right up there with Barack Obama, Nelson Mandela and Kim Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 48July 19, 2021 9:21 PM

Will he talk about wearing a Nazi uniform.

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2021 9:24 PM

I'm glad for one Harry's finally telling his story....it's been days since we've heard from him.

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote] The Brits are so UK-centric on this board.

How odd!

You would expect they would be either Iceland-centric or Azerbaijan-centric.

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2021 9:59 PM

[bold]I

NEED

MORE

ATTENTION!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2021 10:01 PM

You're not a Klan Granny if you take shots at the dictionary definition of white privilege who called a soldier "my Paki friend," said killing Afghanis utilized his videogame skills and dressed as a Nazi for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2021 10:15 PM

Chapter 1: Mummy

Chapter 2: Father and the Wicked Witch

Chapter 3: Mummy (i.e Diana, who died. She was my mum, you know. And she died)

Chapter 4: Child Progeny: how to spend £500,000, and somehow get an Art A level.

Chapter 5: Life in Uniform: my night in the German Afrika Korps.

Chapter 6: the Taliban: my part in their downfall.

Chapter 7: Meghan: princess of hearts, finder of freedom.

Chapter 8: life on the Breadline: Down and out in California, with nothing but a £20 million trust fund.

Chapter 9: The private me: protecting my privacy, as told to Netflix, Oprah, Corden, Goldman Sachs, Omid Scooby-Doo…

Chapter 10: William: My part in his downfall (hopefully, if I can persuade enough people to buy this rubbish)

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2021 10:17 PM

I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as Meghan's ventriloquist dummy.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2021 10:25 PM

I hope he doesn't leave out the kinky rough stuff with the San Diego sex workers.

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2021 10:54 PM

Nothing would please me more than to see his book be received with mass indifference.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote]"I'm not writing this as a prince," say Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex.

I'm writing it as a spoiled, spiteful malevolent brat out to stomp on every square inch of my family with my fallacies, exaggerations and outright lies. Oh and to make my puppetmaster wife look positive, if that's even possible.

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2021 12:09 AM

When you live in a $14 million mansion in Montecito, don't have to work a real job and every one of your needs are met and you complain about ANYTHING you can fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2021 12:31 AM

This book will spawn 1000 DM articles and DL threads.

by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2021 12:34 AM

He apparently "scrambled" to call the family and tell them right after Page Six broke the news online - and only moments before Penguin responded to the PS leak by publishing a confirmation of the story on twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2021 12:44 AM

R60 remember when!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2021 12:47 AM

It must be obvious to the RF that while taking the "high road" is admirable in this circumstance it is no longer possible. Rather than face the Harry problem head-on the RF lives in hope that things will improve. They are so petrified of the "R" card being used against them they refuse to do anything. Well, guess what? Harry and Meghan did use the R card against them. They did spill their guts before a world wide audience in which they disparaged the UK, the institution, and Harry's family. They haven't slowed down one iota. They continue to disparage the RF. The situation is untenable. TQ now has to act. Bring in the duly elected government and Prime Minister and hand off the Harry file to them. The Prime Minister can make the announcement that Parliament has decided to revoke all titles and privileges and remove Harry and his children from the line of succession. Harry and Meghan will squawk but they are going to squawk anyway. Make a clean break and make clear that Harry in no way shape or form speaks for the UK or the UK's head of state. Enough. End this farce once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2021 12:50 AM

He said it will be wholly truthful, so that means Meghan will have no part in writing it.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2021 12:55 AM

R63 It's believed the government has already begun work (quietly) on barring Harry from being a Regent or Counsellor of State.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2021 12:57 AM

r64 They both struggle with truth and reality.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2021 1:34 AM

How long is he going to keep talking about his tales of woe as a member of the Royal Family? He can't dine out on that forever.

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2021 1:36 AM

He'll be on The View to promote it. Where else?

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2021 1:56 AM

Being truthful and being complete are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]You're not a Klan Granny if you take shots at the dictionary definition of white privilege who called a soldier "my Paki friend," said killing Afghanis utilized his videogame skills and dressed as a Nazi for Halloween.

But you bloody fucking well are if you're taking racist pot shots at Meghan 3 seconds later. Which 99.2% of you cunts are.

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2021 2:07 AM

For a gold digger like La Markle, $20M after taxes is nothing! Who would have that that the crazy step-sister Samantha was right on having her number all along!

Megan ain't got no silk lined pussy. What's her trick? I think Harry belongs in the famous men who have been rimmed. She must be servicing his ginger hole on the regular. No royal has been rimmed that good since Simpson Wallis tongued her way to the royal gold.

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2021 2:08 AM

The Aussies ain't having it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2021 2:48 AM

A fitting title for all the Sussex hating loons that post in your threads OP.

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2021 2:53 AM

When will Charlie slap down this lil bugger by leaking the vid of the Vegas orgy he paid big quid to buy back?

by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2021 2:59 AM

Boy, THIS will really "heal the rift" between him and his father and brother! Anyway, he's not going to "write" anything. Somebody else will do it for him. He's such an ass. He should shut the fuck up, he just continuously makes things worse for himself (except for all that money, of course).

by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2021 3:23 AM

99% of the population would be happy as a pig in shit if they had Harry's lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2021 3:50 AM

I keep wondering when Charles and William will just tell him enough is enough and he's cut off for good. No attending Granny's funeral (except as a private citizen at the gates with the rest of the commoners), nor to either of their coronations; no more money whatsoever from them; no more lodging at the royal homes and palaces. No more of the title of "Duke of Sussex" the moment the Queen dies. No more royal privileges or entitlements for Harry or Meghan ever again.

I would not hold it against them at this point if they took those steps.

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2021 4:09 AM

Do those two have any celebrity friends yet, besides Oprah?

I'm actually curious... do the rich bastards of SoCal think enough of those two twats to actually socialize with them...

by Anonymousreply 78July 20, 2021 5:11 AM

[quote] Do those two have any celebrity friends yet, besides Oprah?

They did, but some of them dumped them, like George and Amal Clooney.

Most celebrities do not want to be persona non grata with the rest of the BRF, and that's what being friends with them means.

I am amazed Oprah took their side because she has always been obsessed with the Queen and the other royals--but there is no putting that toothpaste back in the tube at this point.

by Anonymousreply 79July 20, 2021 5:22 AM

Harry and Meghan still have Sir Elton John, although I bet that's cost him his friendship with Will and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 80July 20, 2021 5:23 AM

Random House is reportedly paying Harry an advance of $20 million.

I hope the book flops. Harry is a piece of shit and a liar as we've seen the past few months. And so is his wife.

by Anonymousreply 81July 20, 2021 6:10 AM

Strip them of their titles. We don't use titles in America.

by Anonymousreply 82July 20, 2021 6:15 AM

Do they, r79?

Lady Furnish has got Sir Elton into scrapes he was not remotely interested in BEFORE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 20, 2021 9:40 AM

He's finally "telling the truth", is he?

There are a number of Royal Correspondents who have been chomping at the bit for over a decade to tell the actual truth, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 84July 20, 2021 10:24 AM

Does Harry identify as a woman?

by Anonymousreply 85July 20, 2021 10:51 AM

R63 It's a nice thought but a fantasy. To persuade Parliament to remove Harry from the succession, Harry would have to had been caught plotting a coup against the monarchy or raising an army against Britain or selling state secrets to Putin. And Harry doesn't know any state secrets, only the Queen does, and she'd hardly have shared them with William, let alone Harry.

Harry wants attention and money and he's getting both this way. The racism card is shot already, the family have likely accepted that the Harkles will be a pain in the arse for the foreseeable, but no more than a pain in the arse.

Especially as, for all their efforts at outraged victimhood, the Harkles seem to have a gift for making fools of themselves. They get attention but they are taken less seriously with every increasingly boring whingefest.

The one big mistake the Queen made was not taking their HRHs and the Sussex title as soon as they left. She had to know they were going to commercialise the monarchy to make their living, and that eventually there would be no realistic way to stop them.

If she'd taken the titles and HRHs, the two nasty little cunts could still have made quite a thing of their FORMER status. It's not as if the American media would ne particularly exacting and would still be calling them by their titles.

But at least the Queen would have, and should have, nailed home that there's a price for betraying Queen's gifts.

Sentimental old Brit queen that I am (I know, none of you ever guessed), I cherish an intractable fondness and respect for HM. But some part if me Hope's she dies before the Platinum Jubilee gets rolling, so that Charles's mercifully brief reign can start, and William, the family Strong Man, starts exerting far more power over his legendarily influenceable and hapless father.

by Anonymousreply 86July 20, 2021 11:43 AM

I find Prince Harry to be one of the most nauseating figures in public life today. He is incredibly stupid but thinks he's smart (it's always so cringeworthy when he talks about his fears of "history repeating itself", as if he's some far-seeing sage). He is absolutely nothing without his family - just an ugly halfwit- but thinks that, completely apart from his family background, he has something of value to say. He's always denouncing his family and the principle of privilege but then lists his surname as "His Royal Highness".

There is no measure that could be taken against Harry that I would find excessive.

by Anonymousreply 87July 20, 2021 11:43 AM

^*some part of me hopes (not Hope's)

Fucking autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 88July 20, 2021 11:45 AM

r84 Wonder if they'll tell the truth about his military years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 20, 2021 12:09 PM

Just catching up here. Surely it's been noted that published accounts claim Harry will donate "proceeds" to charity. Not "THE proceeds." Not "ALL proceeds."

by Anonymousreply 90July 20, 2021 12:19 PM

I'll read this. But only as a library loan.

by Anonymousreply 91July 20, 2021 12:21 PM

I can't wait to see this in the three shelf remainder book section at the dollar store!

by Anonymousreply 92July 20, 2021 12:38 PM

I hate to say it but it'll probably be a decent read, judging from the Agassi book (which I read). A certain type of "tortured soul" memoir. Harry may not have Andre's talent or accomplishments, but he certainly has a colorful story.

by Anonymousreply 93July 20, 2021 12:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 20, 2021 12:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 20, 2021 12:52 PM

“I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the cunt I have become.”

by Anonymousreply 96July 20, 2021 1:03 PM

Why, oh why do the BRF not insist on NDAs for newly incoming family members? Every single person marrying in, to someone descended from the current monarch, needs to ordered to sign this. Especially those marrying working senior royals; no NDA, no place in the family, PERIOD.

Taking a step further, the blood family members who grow up to be working royals should also have to sign these, when they reach majority age. Otherwise, no BRF-related family perks. Call it a requirement of the job in the modern age. It would head off a lot of this type of drama.

For those who say there's no precedent: it's been rumored that the wealthy and highly famous have already begun quietly doing this in their own families. Rich UK movie and rock stars, esp those with many children by various partners who would have cause for disgruntlement, allegedly do this.

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2021 1:07 PM

Harry probably deeply (deeply) regrets his choices and to deal with that, he has to convince himself (and us) that royal life and all its perks was actually awful and terrible and he's lucky to be away.

Not buying it, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 98July 20, 2021 1:12 PM

Charity begins at home R30

by Anonymousreply 99July 20, 2021 1:30 PM

R89 Can anyone not believe he won't start beating up the Missus? And she won't use that in the divorce?

by Anonymousreply 100July 20, 2021 1:53 PM

r94 He really does like a spoilt brattish teenager .He hasn't emotionally matured beyond the rebellious stage. Stunted.

by Anonymousreply 101July 20, 2021 2:04 PM

r99 —The Duche$$ of $u$$ex

lmao

by Anonymousreply 102July 20, 2021 3:08 PM

B. U. M. P.

by Anonymousreply 103July 20, 2021 4:08 PM

Has Meghan announced when she plans to assume the throne?

by Anonymousreply 104July 20, 2021 4:20 PM

2022 marks the 25th anniversary of Diana's death....great marketing tie in there.

by Anonymousreply 105July 20, 2021 4:22 PM

Has Meghan announced her endorsement deal with Weight Watcher yet?

"Being a Queen can be stressful, and it's hard to eat sensibly when the entire world is racist. Luckily, there's Weight Watchers."

by Anonymousreply 106July 20, 2021 4:24 PM

The famewhoring couple has already had a self-serving book written for them by their public mouthpiece, Omid Scobie. They’ve done the Oprah interview and said that’s the last word. Now they, and you know it’s not just Harry “writing it”, have written a memoir to set the record straight AGAIN. The next would certainly have to be reality show. This is how inflated Harry and Meghan’s egos are, they think we need to be bombarded constantly about what victims they are while trading in on Royal titles/ connections. We need to be reminded of how interesting they are as humanitarians living amongst fellow elites in cloistered, rich-people-land. They think we should be subjected to truth bombs that are nothing more than vindictiveness born out of the pair’s rage and narcissistic need for attention.

by Anonymousreply 107July 20, 2021 4:55 PM

"You don’t need to be blessed with a particularly brilliant memory to recall that when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they were leaving the royal family, they said that they were motivated in large part by a desire for greater privacy.

Indeed, on one of the temporary websites they set up to keep their fanbase apprised of their transition, they spoke of their wish to remove “the supposed ‘public interest’ justification for media intrusion into their lives.”

One has to wonder how Harry and Meghan are able to resolve the tension between that stated desire and the incredibly high profile they have maintained ever since their departure from the royal family, culminating in the news Monday that Prince Harry is to publish “an intimate and heartfelt memoir.”" --Daily Beast

One has to wonder?

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2021 4:58 PM

I don't think there will be much more BRF bashing; according to the statement he released (quoted in the link at R61), it's going to be full of his great insights gained by being an orphan, an unwilling royal, a toy soldier, a husband to a social climber with a black mother, and a father. That ghostwriter and the editor better be good or it's going to be a cringey classic on par with Finding Freedom.

by Anonymousreply 109July 20, 2021 6:25 PM

Given how awful Scobie's book was, my expectations are in the sub basement

by Anonymousreply 110July 20, 2021 6:29 PM

He's an orphan? That's weird since William isn't.

by Anonymousreply 111July 20, 2021 6:30 PM

He’s an orphan in his own twisted, vindictive mind, maybe part of his fantasy even. Even his stans have to admit the couple never wanted any privacy, in fact quite the opposite. They want to invade their own privacy then blame all of their personal failures, defects, and shortcomings on family and everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 112July 20, 2021 6:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 20, 2021 6:42 PM

Is R113's self-promoting "comedian" also does comedy routines about the uselessness of mask mandates, and how England isn't racist.

So that certainly clocks with these stupid threads.

by Anonymousreply 114July 20, 2021 6:51 PM

R114 I've only watched his Harry videos, which are spot on

by Anonymousreply 115July 20, 2021 6:52 PM

R112 they don't want privacy, they want adulation, no criticism. They're like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 116July 20, 2021 7:08 PM

Was it Meghan or someone else who is alleged to have said that but for a single plane crash the Sussexes would end up on the throne?

by Anonymousreply 117July 20, 2021 7:26 PM

Meghan...who offers to pack their bags!!

by Anonymousreply 118July 20, 2021 7:30 PM

r117 Meghan

by Anonymousreply 119July 20, 2021 8:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 20, 2021 8:10 PM

This is what TQ has to grasp. It is no longer a "private family matter" when Harry's actions affect the UK/CW. It has gone past a family matter into the realm of government intervention. If TQ is unwilling or unable to take the necessary steps to deal with Harry then the government must. Yes, she conferred titles on Harry's and now she must take them away. This must be made clear to her. The monarchy is constitutional not absolute. Harry has not only insulted his family and the institution he has insulted the British people and that is where the line was crossed. The monarchy only exists with the consent of the people and the people want the titles removed. Harry and Meghan are not going to get any worse than what they are. The Prime Minister can make the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 121July 20, 2021 8:16 PM

r121 Did you mean they are ONLY going to get worse rather than not worse?

by Anonymousreply 122July 20, 2021 8:27 PM

Will brilliant little Archie be reading the audiobook?

by Anonymousreply 123July 20, 2021 8:41 PM

R121 insulting the monarchy isn't grounds for treason any longer. MPs in the House have done it. The government wants nothing to do with this. And, in fact, has already punted back to the Queen on the matter of titles. Parliament only comes into it if the line of succession is to be changed.

The RF is treating Harry like the tiresome brat he is. Doing anything else, especially re the government, will only serve to elevate what is essentially a spasm of adolescent spite into something important.

In an odd way, it would finally show Harry that He Really Matters!

When the best thing is to keep showing him how little he matters.

It's the only bit of the BRF's strategy that I really agree with.

by Anonymousreply 124July 20, 2021 8:44 PM

Both the government and the Royal Family have to tread carefully on this. If they treat Meghan, Harry, Merchie and Lilibucks at all harshly (even though that is exactly what H&M deserve), the entire media class is waiting to pounce on them for being racist towards the first royals "of colour" (yes, these people really think that 90%-white Archie and Lili are "people of colour"),

by Anonymousreply 125July 20, 2021 8:48 PM

Entire media class r125 ? Most of the UK newspapers loathe these pretentious hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 126July 20, 2021 8:50 PM

R125 I agree with you that the RF and Government have to be careful right now but not for the reason you think. The truth is, we will have no idea what is in the book until extracts are published shortly before publication in 2022. We're all expecting it to be a bombshell attack (which it probably will be) but what if it isn't as bad as the royals fear? If they react now it makes them look afraid, guilty, or petulant. The best course of action is stay calm, carry on. 2022 is a long time off and who knows what will transpire between now and then.

by Anonymousreply 127July 20, 2021 8:56 PM

I'm talking about the BBC and the Guardian, the media that matter to the people who make decisions. Also the ones who see themselves and their class/bubble as being separate from the rest of Britain, which a Sun journalist (e.g.) is much less likely to do. Much of the cultural changes that have taken place in Britain in the past few decades were opposed by the people and several major news organs but that didn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 128July 20, 2021 8:58 PM

R127 - that's a valid point, that it would make the RF look rash to act right now. However, I do think that the main motivation for letting Harry and Meghan get away with shit until now has been fear of the race card being yet again brandished, and that will remain the main motivation between now and when the book is actually published.

by Anonymousreply 129July 20, 2021 9:01 PM

R128 was for R126, obvi.

by Anonymousreply 130July 20, 2021 9:01 PM

r128 I'm not sure The Guardian matters to the people who make decisions ie a right wing tory government.

by Anonymousreply 131July 20, 2021 9:03 PM

The right-wing Tories who brought in same-sex marriage and who failed to meet their own immigration target every year? The Tories are economic conservatives and nothing more (not passing judgment either way, just stating things as they are) and any appearance of defying the liberal consensus in their circles in London is pure window-dressing.

by Anonymousreply 132July 20, 2021 9:08 PM

The BBC is carefully respectful of the monarchy. It has to be. The rest are scavengers. The Harkles are disliked in the UK and most UK media manage to throw quite a bit of shade even whilst seeing just to be reporting the latest.

The Attack The Racist RF! tactic had been peculiarly unsuccessful in the UK. The RF seem to slide away remarkably quickly.

For the monarchy, only the UK opinon counts. Oprah and Gayle and CNN mean nothing.

For the Harkles, "bringing down the monarchy" is to kill the goose that lays the golden egg: their own royal status.

They just need to milk it periodically.

by Anonymousreply 133July 20, 2021 9:14 PM

r132 I think you are oversimplifying. They go against the Liberal consensus on trans rights and Liberal consensus doesn't support their plans to process refugees abroad. The Guardian does not worry the government or greatly affect their thinking on policy.

by Anonymousreply 134July 20, 2021 9:35 PM

Tories are like blue dog Democrats. New Labour was like slightly left-of-center Democrats. LibDems are dead. UKIP is like MAGATs but with tiny numbers.

I'm wondering how Harry is living in the US. When would a green card have been processed? Being married to a US citizen doesn't grant him right of abode. Is he claiming diplomatic immunity which, as a non-working royal, he can't justify. I'm thinking the State Dept may eventually decide they don't want him here taking potshots at the Queen who is Head of State.

by Anonymousreply 135July 20, 2021 9:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 20, 2021 10:11 PM

The Queen and the Royal Family have already won the only battle that matters. The Queen, William and Kate, and even Edward and Sophie are all respected and liked by the UK public. Even Charles and Camilla are accepted, if not loved. Harry and Meghan are despised by those who most support the Royals, and get support only from those who would like to scrap the monarchy anyway. The future of the monarchy is secure, despite Harry’s attempts in the oprah interview to shame his family into giving in to his every whim.

I expect the book will contain more of the same tone-deaf story of Harry’s unearned privilege, and insatiable desire for more honours, cash and status for him and his family. We’ll be regaled with stories of his great evolved spirit in marrying a black woman, and ugly insinuations about the “racism” of his family and the British public (conveniently forgetting the delight felt across the nation at the time of his marriage).

We’ve heard this before. I’m sure he’ll tell the story of Diana, in his own self-serving way and in the process invading the privacy of at least Charles and William, who will be unwilling and unable to respond.

Harry’s poor education (and allegations of cheating) which cost at least £500,000, his miraculous acceptance as a trainee helicopter pilot with such poor exam results, his drug taking and his Nazi uniform and racist statements will be glossed over or excused. And the public will read all this nonsense in the tabloids which Harry and Meghan have declared war on. His story will be reported, and forgotten within a week.

Harry and Meghan have turned themselves into an irrelevance, and the Royal Family currently have an effective strategy which will keep them that way. They depend on the Palace fighting back: it’s the only way they can generate publicity.

The Queen would be wise to stick to her current strategy. When the book appears, release a very similar version of the Oprah statement. Declare that *recollections may vary”, deny them further publicity, and move on.

by Anonymousreply 137July 20, 2021 10:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 20, 2021 10:45 PM

Turns out that none of Harry's 20 million advance is included in "the proceeds" he has pledged to give "to charity".

In order for there to even be any proceeds, the book will have to make more than $20 Million dollars. Anything after that number are considered "proceeds".

Do we think this book will really make more than $20 million?

I don't see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 20, 2021 10:56 PM

Sorry but anything the Royals do that is retaliatory adds oxygen to fire and lets the Harkles dominate headlines. Harry will make a fool of himself as he always does. Only Oprah and dying chick magazines will climb aboard.

The right in the US hates Harry for dissing Trump and epitomizing the limousine liberals of their dreams. The left feels as if they have like Harry because the right hates him and Meghan is a victim of racism,. The truth is that Covid, the assault on voting, global warming, cyber terrorism are all too real in the US, and only 14-year-olds have time to listen to these two idiots whine. Also, Harry's incoherent criticisms of the First Amendment, if he repeats them, will not buy him many friends.

Harry has one cause--I want to control my narrative and monetize it. The rest is just BS.

by Anonymousreply 140July 20, 2021 11:01 PM

R139, that explains the use of “proceeds” in his statement, instead of “the proceeds”. “Proceeds” could mean that he will give one whole cent to charity.

I don’t trust anything the Harkles say. Their language is always very slippery, even when hey are not outright lying.

by Anonymousreply 141July 20, 2021 11:14 PM

R121 Most of The People rarely give Harry a thought from one day to the next. If you ask now and then, a majority of those polled will say, yes, he should lose the titles. But that isn't THE PEOPLE.

Harry's bullshit has little to no effect on Britain and the Commonwealth. He's tarnished the brand a bit but in the great scheme of things, he will be irrelevant.

The PM probably would rather have a colonoscopy on GMB than get involved with the line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 142July 20, 2021 11:24 PM

I disagree, r142. The people are unusually united in wanting the Harkles to lose their titles. It's really only certain members of the media (BBC, ITV) and Labour MPs (who delight in seeing the BRF get bashed) who want the couple to stay in the UK picture at all.

by Anonymousreply 143July 20, 2021 11:36 PM

This is why you have to be careful reading the tabloids. The Queen didn't invite the Harkles and their kids ON TO THE BALCONY OF BP. She may or may not have extended a polite invitation to participate in the celebrations, such as a service in the Abbey, but the idea that she'd have them back on the balcony at the Platinum Jubilee is berserk.

So the DM rushes to make the most out of the new fracas, saying "palace insiders" are talking to the DM about what the Queen is thinking and feeling, when, in fact, she'd never have let on to anyone who would have given the DM the time of day.

No one even knows if that Platinum Jubilee invite was real. The Palace declined to comment.

She'd have sacked anyone she suspected of giving the DM the time of day.

The DM knows the Palace is going to ignore all the "palace insiders claim" stories.

The BBC Lilibet contradiction that came directly from the Palace was a rarity. That one was obviously driven by the Queen's anger at Harry's lies. Ditto the contradiction of the video call lie. And then came the Duchy of Cornwall financial report showing Harry had lied about that, too

Harry's told more lies than Pinocchio in the last year, but, hey, if his lies sell books, publishers don't care.

They were NEVER headed onto that BP balcony unless it was to get pushed off or by Princess Anne whilst everyone else was looking up at the RAF flyover.

by Anonymousreply 144July 20, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote]The Queen and the Royal Family have already won the only battle that matters.

The hearts and minds of racist Tory homos?

by Anonymousreply 145July 20, 2021 11:56 PM

Dan Wooton has excellent sources, r144. He was the journalist who broke the Megxit story when no other newspaper even knew it was even happening.

by Anonymousreply 146July 20, 2021 11:56 PM

R146 Dan Wooton does have good sources because he hangs in a lot of the same circles as the palace gays. Russell Myers also has good royal sources because (though he's straight), the palace gays want to be fucked by him.

by Anonymousreply 147July 21, 2021 12:08 AM

Exactly, r147. Dan Wooton may be annoying, but he has better palace staff sources than any other working journalist today. Definitely this is because the palace employs MANY gays and Wooton is very much a social butterfly in London's posh gay set.

by Anonymousreply 148July 21, 2021 12:12 AM

Sure r76, if you are lazy, spinless and don't mind kissing ass for your whole life it would be heaven.

by Anonymousreply 149July 21, 2021 12:15 AM

Here is Dan talking about what Palace sources have told him since the news of the book broke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 21, 2021 12:17 AM

The Times: Charles, look away. Harry's ghostwriter has Daddy Issues

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 21, 2021 12:20 AM

CDAN is claiming that the reason Harry's book is going to take a year to come out is because he's timing the release to coincide with the 25th anniversary of his mother's death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 21, 2021 12:29 AM

R150 Dan is right that when Harry and Meghan break up, Harry is going to be a broken man.

by Anonymousreply 153July 21, 2021 12:30 AM

Harry thinks his book will bring him back to his family!!!!!!! What an idiot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 21, 2021 12:45 AM

Harry didn't tell the family that he'd already written the book, but he had threatened them with writing a book before this ( according to ITV) , so why were they taken by surprise with this news?

They were taken by surprise because in Harry's ongoing extortion bid, he's been trying to get the family to give his children titles and give him money. He's clearly been saying "If you don't give me these things I will write a book and THEN you'll be sorry" and they were probably telling him "Ok, so long as you don't write a book and neither does your wife, we can consider giving you these things."

Harry was going to wait until he got the title guarantees for his kids and the money, and THEN, only after that was achieved, he would surprise the Palace by dropping his finished book on the anniversary of Diana's death next year.

This way he would have got his 20 million advance, along with his revenge, WHILE getting the titles and family money, all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 155July 21, 2021 12:54 AM

Friends of Charles have said they think Harry, who was formerly very close to Charles, is now "bizarrely hellbent" on trashing his father and they cannot understand why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 21, 2021 1:08 AM

Will Harry be wearing his adorable NAZI uniform on the cover of his book?

by Anonymousreply 157July 21, 2021 1:11 AM

It will be interesting to hear his version of how he met Meghan. Will there be enough superlatives to describe her?

I doubt he'll spend much time on Chelsy or Cressida, alas. Lots on Mummy, of course.

by Anonymousreply 158July 21, 2021 1:17 AM

Call me naïve but I wonder how much interest there will even be in Harry in a years time? The British media would go a long way in shutting his shit down if they would all just agree to an embargo on covering him and Meghan. If the Americans want to keep reporting on every stupid thing that pops into his empty head on any given day have at it. The only thing Harry has left is "name the racist" and he never will because as stupid as he is he knows he will be sued. As they did with Scobie/ITV the RF through their solicitors should make it known to Penguin/Random House if the book contains any unsubstantiated allegations they will be sued into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 159July 21, 2021 1:20 AM

r155 A perfect illustration of why giving into their blackmail is pointless as they have no honour.Remember they were going to spring the Oprah interview on them too but it was leaked.They always seem to act in bad faith and you cant make agreements with people like that.

r147 I too would like to be fucked by Russell Myers!

r144 I love the idea of Princess Anne throwing them off the balcony!!Naughty I know! Or maybe Princess Anne and William dangling them over the balcony and threatening to drop them unless they publicly recant and take back all of their lies!

by Anonymousreply 160July 21, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote] Interest in the Windsors will be high when the changeover inevitably comes:

He should have sat on this book until after the diamond jubilee. It's incredibly tacky to release it next year. He'll always have a $20 million deal on offer for the fucking memoir. It could wait another year.

People might not care about him and Meghan so much because neither is particularly interesting or important. But there will always be an audience for whatever he chooses to reveal about the other royals. His dad and lady friend will be King and Queen (or whatever) soon. People will always care about that.

by Anonymousreply 161July 21, 2021 1:24 AM

It could very well be that the one who remarked about the baby's color was Camilla. That would be a big deal since Charles is angling to make her Queen.

by Anonymousreply 162July 21, 2021 1:25 AM

r159 Many many more people will have moved to the I dont give a damn I dont give a f*** zone a year or so from now.

by Anonymousreply 163July 21, 2021 1:26 AM

If Harry is really revealing the knowledge learned over a lifetime, a rhyming couplet would do the trick. "Meghan lets me sit on a bench hoping it will make me prosperous and a mensch."

by Anonymousreply 164July 21, 2021 1:27 AM

The release of Harry's book is timed to coincide with the 25th anniversary of Diana's death. One wonders just how long he intends to feast on corpse of his long deceased mother.

by Anonymousreply 165July 21, 2021 1:29 AM

I don't believe anybody said anything about anybody's skin color.

First of all, Meghan isn't black and she looks Spanish or Portuguese. If her own skin color doesn't even make her black, it's illogical for anyone to think she would have a child with a white guy who would not be visibly white.

Secondly, to the extent that they even knew Meghan was descended from a black mother, the family would have been delighted. After all, it provides cover from the attacks by Labour and SJWs in the UK media. My guess is that as the family grew to dislike Meghan for her behavior, they always thought to themselves, "Well, at least she's partly black, so at least we get that out of having to deal with her."

The baby comments are just another Harkle lie. In the book Harry will name someone, and it will be whomever he is most furious at. Camilla, possibly, but I'm betting on him naming William.

by Anonymousreply 166July 21, 2021 1:34 AM

Harry and Meghan need to give it up about the children getting titles. They're going to be raised in CA, have nothing to do with Britain or the Commonwealth or the Royal Family. Why would they have titles?

by Anonymousreply 167July 21, 2021 1:38 AM

You're not really running things until you make him suck a cock, Meghan!

- Aunt Wallis

by Anonymousreply 168July 21, 2021 1:40 AM

[quote] I don't believe anybody said anything about anybody's skin color.

I think someone made a dumb joke that Harry and Meghan will capitalize on forever.

by Anonymousreply 169July 21, 2021 1:41 AM

Harry’s children have had titles since birth - Earl of Dumbarton and Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor. It has been his and his wife’s decision not to use these.

Of course they haven’t applied this decision to themselves. “Mr and Mrs Harry Mountbatten-Windsor” doesn’t really reasonable in the American market, I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 170July 21, 2021 2:24 AM

^^^ “resonate”, not “reasonable”.

by Anonymousreply 171July 21, 2021 2:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 21, 2021 2:46 AM

This is truly insanity. The level of self-destruction is remarkable.

Clearly they need $$$. He’ll cash in first with her book, which will simply set the stage for Meghan’s memoir.

My guess is they’re resorting to this because their dreams of scoring tons of cash through talent/skill are evaporating quickly and they have nothing left but to sell themselves.

Honestly, I worry for Harry’s mental health. Meghan will sail right through this disaster.

by Anonymousreply 173July 21, 2021 2:47 AM

I loath posting anything from GBN but I think this perfectly sums it all up. Harry is flying too high and will soon run out of oxygen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 21, 2021 2:56 AM

Royal Dolt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 21, 2021 3:00 AM

Live sex shows for Russian Oligarchs in 3...2...1

by Anonymousreply 176July 21, 2021 3:35 AM

R159– I think the tactic the British media is taking is killing them through over exposure.

by Anonymousreply 177July 21, 2021 4:19 AM

r174 Colin Brazier is at GB News?!! Oh my.

Well, that aside, he is spot on, just as he always was when on Sky News all these years.

by Anonymousreply 178July 21, 2021 5:59 AM

Harry never wore a Nazi uniform. He wore a white shirt with dark pants to a costume party and added a home made armband with a hand drawn swastika.

by Anonymousreply 179July 21, 2021 6:21 AM

According to Richard Kay, Harry has been known to say uncomplimentary things about Camilla in private. It's unsurprising, of course, but what does surprise me is that it has reached print. Harry can hardly write an autobiography without discussing the woman who vied for his father's affection and took up a lot of his attention. I think he'll try to hurt his father through her.

by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2021 6:23 AM

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 21, 2021 6:25 AM

[quote]Harry never wore a Nazi uniform. He wore a white shirt with dark pants to a costume party and added a home made armband with a hand drawn swastika.

That's true but it's the thought that counts.

by Anonymousreply 182July 21, 2021 6:30 AM

R179 Oh just a hand drawn swastika nothing offensive about that

by Anonymousreply 183July 21, 2021 6:40 AM

R180 Both Harry and William are not big fans of Camilla, but I think William has "thawed" to her slightly. Let's be honest thought, Camilla is the woman Charles should've married and IMO if Diana had lived and remarried (not to mention aged and caused more controversy), the hatred of Camilla would've toned down by now. Again, damn Harry for making me feel sorry for Charles again.

by Anonymousreply 184July 21, 2021 6:48 AM

I have read that they came to appreciate Camilla because of her skill in handling Charles when he was difficult.

by Anonymousreply 185July 21, 2021 6:50 AM

Camilla the Whore should never be queen.

by Anonymousreply 186July 21, 2021 6:55 AM

Yes, r185, and William especially seems to have warmed to her. Camilla took Catherine under her wing as a new royal and guided her as best she could. They were both considered outsiders who faced much opposition when they married into the family. Camilla and Catherine have remained close.

by Anonymousreply 187July 21, 2021 6:57 AM

Charles and Camilla are said to lead largely separate lives at this point. He has Highgrove and she has her own separate country estate. But they will never, ever divorce.

by Anonymousreply 188July 21, 2021 7:08 AM

William also has memories of his mother and experiences with her that Harry doesn't. His understanding about Diana is far more developed than his brother's. And with time and maturity, William has likely developed a healthy perspective on his father's relationship with Camilla.

Didn't William disapprove of Diana's relationship with Dodi and let it be known?

by Anonymousreply 189July 21, 2021 7:09 AM

Wasn't Diana the first to cheat after they were married?

by Anonymousreply 190July 21, 2021 7:25 AM

Wootton's sources can't be too good if they told him the Queen had specifically intended th eff Harkles to be up on that balcony.

None of you know who those sources are, and why the way, journos like Wootton freely "enhance" what sources serve up.

Exhibit A: Wootton's source says someone who works as the Queen's Private Secretory's third P.A. heard his boss muttering that HM was in a fine tizzy over Harry's latest, and he wouldn't be surprised if HM decided not to have them over for the Platinum Jubilee.

Wootton then writes that the Queen could be rescinding her invitation to have the Sussexes and their children on the balcony with her at the Platinum Jubilee!!!!

Despite the fact that the Queen would never have let that slip to anyone if she was planning it, she's far too smart for that. No one knows who she's planning to have on that balcony, especially given that in 2012 she ONLY had the direct heirs out there for the Diamond Jubilee.

No one who'd talk knows what she's planning.

Including Wootton's "excellent sources".

And it's not rocket science to guess and then trumpet that Charles and the BRF are sick to death of the Sussex antics.

They take a little hint served up by a source and then blow it up.

The BRF aren't paying extortion to Harry and if the Queen didn't take the titles when they left, she was never going to take them. It's clear she made the decision to leave Harry what was left of his royal balls when they left. Charles stopped funding them in summer 2020. As for the kids' titles, that remains to be seen.

The whole thing is starting to attain the outlines of something Netflix's The Crown writers couldn't have come up with in their wildest imagination.

by Anonymousreply 191July 21, 2021 10:38 AM

Wooton has been proven correct over and over again, but believe whomever and whatever you like, r191.

No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 192July 21, 2021 10:54 AM

R192 Remembet when Doria was coming for Christmas? And when the Queen was going to throw Meghan a birthday party up at Balmoral?

Wootton knows that if the headline isn't exciting enough, the info it's based on isn't worth shit.

Yes, he got the Megxit scoop, I suspect leaked by the Sussexes themselves so they could claim they had no choice but to make the announcement themselves and blindside the Queen.

Why do I infer this?

Because Woorton sent them the story for confirmation and gave the two cunts 10 days to respond. Of course, they didn't. Oddly, they remained totally mute, and got exactly what they wanted - the ability to blame others for the behaviour they'd planned all along.

This stuff isn't as cut and dried as you think. And employees know the tabs have deep pockets and will pay for juicy gossip. So, perhaps, they enhance the goods just enough. No one "proves" anything to Wootton before he pays for it. If it's true enough, and the screaming headlines vet the clip CV ks and revenue the paper wants, no one is going to quibble about the fact that actually HM never intended the Sussexes to be ON the balcony with her.

That's the way this game is played.

I'm sure Wootton is well-connected. So are Palmer, Kay, Tominey, and the test of the top tier RR's.

But that doesn't mean every word they run with is the Whole and Nothing Bur.

I'm just suggesting that we have a tendency not to scrutinise the shit coming from these tabloid artists with anything like the care we'd give a menu whilst meeting friends for dinner.

No one in her right mind, knowing how dire the standing of the Harkles is in England, would any more have had them up there than Prince Andrew.

That assertion should have been the first red flag of dressed up for maximum clicks info.

by Anonymousreply 193July 21, 2021 11:30 AM

^*apologies for all the types, this is impossible on a phone in a moving vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 194July 21, 2021 11:34 AM

^*typos

by Anonymousreply 195July 21, 2021 11:46 AM

R192 Obviously you care or you wouldn't be arguing the point. This is a thread about the BRF on a gossip site with links posted to tabloid stories. I think calling into question some of the assertions made by a tabloid are fair game.

And, yes, I'm free to call out bullshit even from well-connected tab journos here, and you're free to believe every word Wootton writes.

by Anonymousreply 196July 21, 2021 11:50 AM

So he's going to pin Diana's death on the royals right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 21, 2021 3:10 PM

R197 That will devastate Charles.

by Anonymousreply 198July 21, 2021 3:12 PM

Harry's clearly mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 199July 21, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote] Harry never wore a Nazi uniform. He wore a white shirt with dark pants to a costume party and added a home made armband with a hand drawn swastika.

That makes it not only OK, but adorable!

by Anonymousreply 200July 21, 2021 3:55 PM

I have this theory that the costume party incident, and the terrible backlash he got from it, may have led to events that shaped his “wokeism” today. A sort of penance.

by Anonymousreply 201July 21, 2021 4:18 PM

That's generous, r201.

My theory is that Harry doesn't have a fucking thought in his head.

by Anonymousreply 202July 21, 2021 4:26 PM

He's a nitwit being manipulated by a scheming bitch.

by Anonymousreply 203July 21, 2021 4:33 PM

I hate bitches who decide when and how someone should "move on." Daily Mail hack Angela wrote a glowing sympathetic account of Prince Harry in 2018, including his courageous struggles dealing with the violent death of his mother. She's seething that she lost access to him.

One thing worse than a whiny Prince is a mercenary poseur. Move on, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 204July 21, 2021 5:16 PM

R204 it's been 25 years. He's pathetic

by Anonymousreply 205July 21, 2021 5:31 PM

R204 How's the weather in Montecito?

by Anonymousreply 206July 21, 2021 6:00 PM

I think it's good that Harry lives in Cali so he can be surrounded by people as privileged, shallow and uninformed as he is.

by Anonymousreply 207July 21, 2021 6:02 PM

Meghan and Harry Stir the Pot - Part 5 has been paywalled. Just to let you know another was created at the same time, only written Part FIVE. Look it up, don't create yet another Part 6 -SIX.

Harry isn't moving on because he needs to milk his Mum's name and his family's blood for money. Twenty-five years and poster upthread said no one should tell him when to "move on"? Do you know how many people lose relatives in vehicle accidents over a year's time?!

Angela Levin wrote that bit before she saw fully what Harry and Meghan were planning unleash on his family, the lies they told, and the absolute lack of any compunction when they were caught in those lies. They were just married in 2018.

Levin followed Harry for years before writing that profile of him. Then she saw what happened to him when he found his soulmate, La Do You Know Who I Am? Markle, who encouraged him to feel important, as important as big bro, and to feel justified in all his rage and envy, because it got her what she wanted: the rich high-profile English husband she'd been hunting for since 2015-2016.

His milking of his mother's name and death at this point is nothing short of macabre.

He's starting to remind me of Norman Bates.

by Anonymousreply 208July 21, 2021 6:04 PM

Excellent post, r208.

by Anonymousreply 209July 21, 2021 6:23 PM

A lot of people lost a parent in childhood but they had to grow up and figure out a way to make a living, pay bills, and deal with all kinds of adult responsibilities. They had none of Harry's resources.

by Anonymousreply 210July 21, 2021 6:28 PM

R210 lock him in a room with Meghan McCain. They can shout "My Mum! My father!" until the oxygen runs out.

by Anonymousreply 211July 21, 2021 6:38 PM

Y'all need to move on.

by Anonymousreply 212July 21, 2021 7:37 PM

R212 tell that to Harry Bates

by Anonymousreply 213July 21, 2021 8:20 PM

R212 Sure, Harry and Meghan can start first.

by Anonymousreply 214July 21, 2021 8:22 PM

Haddy, yore in rahthah a most hoddible danguh, gel

by Anonymousreply 215July 21, 2021 9:22 PM

I can't imagine Random House's legal department is going to suffer Harry's need to play his family by spinning unsubstantiated tales about his mother's death or ascribing blame to an individual or a group beyond "the paparazzi" and Henri Paul. There's the pesky little matter the Paget report and the result of the coroner's inquest.

He might blame Earl Spencer who refused to provide summer lodging for his sister (Because he didn't want the paps around Althorp. Not unreasonable) But beyond this Harry has to be careful because it may come back to bite him when it will be pointed out that Diana had made deals with the paps to provide them with photo opportunities. Or how William had begged his mother not to go and disapproved of the Fayed association. I'm sure there's more unsavory stuff that can come out if Harry pursues the blame angle. In the very least Diana's history of breaking up marriages and stalking (Will Carling, Oliver Hoare) will be revisited and her judgement questioned and at worst her saintly image tarnished. Have Harry and his ghost writer thought it through this far?

by Anonymousreply 216July 21, 2021 9:54 PM

Diana had been showing off for the paps on the Al Fayed's (rented) yacht. She was chasing after media coverage, sticking it to Charles and the surgeon who'd dumped her. The paps who hunted her down in Paris were mostly North Africans as the Al Fayed connection had stirred up interest in her in Arab countries.

by Anonymousreply 217July 21, 2021 10:05 PM

r193 is so completely wrong on her version of how she thinks "the game is played".

[quote] Yes, he got the Megxit scoop, I suspect leaked by the Sussexes themselves so they could claim they had no choice but to make the announcement themselves and blindside the Queen.

You think Wooton was the person they leaked it to? Or, you think they leaked it to the household and the household kept schtum? No. They were in the middle of using the idea of Megxit as their 1st extortion plan: Either give us money and give Archie a title or we will leave. What the family didn't know is that while in negotiations for this, the H's had already arranged their exit. Wooton found out and asked them for confirmation. They spent the next ten days trying to speed up their extortion, failed, and then blindsided the Queen with the announcement.

[quote] And employees know the tabs have deep pockets and will pay for juicy gossip. So, perhaps, they enhance the goods just enough. No one "proves" anything to Wootton before he pays for it.

Bitch, money isn't the currency the palace staff use with the newspapers. Wooton doesn't "pay" his informers, he is now in their debt. Next time they need a story spun a certain way, they contact journos to whom they have given scoops.

By the way, it's well-known that the Queen did invite the Harkles up to Balmoral. She invites all the grandchildren. Not to invite them would have been a slight that wanna-be-victim Meghan would have used with relish.

by Anonymousreply 218July 21, 2021 10:06 PM

He is totally going to pin Diana's death on the royal family. Harry allegedly suffers from major paranoia (something that broke up at least one of his previous relationships) and there have been rumours that he went off his medication at some point after his marriage. I think he could very easily be taken advantage of and see conspiracies where there are none.

by Anonymousreply 219July 21, 2021 10:18 PM

Snap out of it twit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 21, 2021 10:53 PM

Any idea what medication he's on, R219? Diagnosis? Schizoaffective, perhaps? There have been whispers that the BRF are very concerned about his mental health. I've never heard anything more specific.

by Anonymousreply 221July 21, 2021 10:55 PM

Poll: 80% of Britons are "not interested at all" or "not very interested" in reading Harry's autobiography.

And only 14% said they were either "very interested" or "fairly interested" in reading it.

"Asked if they thought it was appropriate for the former working royal to pen his story, 53 percent said it wasn't.

Thirty-eight percent called the move "very inappropriate" while 15 percent said it was "fairly inappropriate".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222July 21, 2021 11:11 PM

r222 It's kind of the last cry of a Hasbeen railing against the injustice of increasing irrelevance over the passage of time. Problem is he doesn't realise how strong the levels of indifference are already.

by Anonymousreply 223July 21, 2021 11:30 PM

R222 & R223 Honestly, I think they no longer care about the UK market it's all about the US.

by Anonymousreply 224July 21, 2021 11:49 PM

Well, obviously they have the US market in mind and not the UK. That's been true from the start.

But the fly in their ointment is that the UK media is disproportionately influential around the world.

It was an incredible error to make an enemy of the UK media, and it will turn out to be the largest and most consequential mistake of all the massive mistakes they have made.

by Anonymousreply 225July 22, 2021 12:00 AM

r224 I don't think indifference or people moving over to the don't give a f*** zone by August 2022 is limited to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 226July 22, 2021 12:47 AM

R212 Move on? Harry snd Meghan are the ones pushing themselves in the public eye. You’re saying we can’t then talk about their famewhoring, sanctimonious ways? Maybe you should encourage Harry and Meghan to move on.

by Anonymousreply 227July 22, 2021 12:54 AM

I liked Harry so much better before he spoke...or wrote...

by Anonymousreply 228July 22, 2021 12:55 AM

The fallout won’t be just from (ghost)writing the book. It’ll be from the subsequent 60 Minute, GMA, Today Show, Oprah Redux, etc… interviews. Harry can’t speak extemporaneously without digging himself into a bigger hole or misspeaking and coming off the royal dullard that he is. By then, not many would care, in fact those who’d follow their story or their “truths” are more likely to do so for the train wreck that it is rather than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 229July 22, 2021 1:01 AM

Oh dear God!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 22, 2021 1:36 AM

Inevitable, r230. I wonder what kind of advance she is negotiating for. It won't be as large as Harry's, that's for sure.

Also, don't forget they have yet to sell the movie rights....

by Anonymousreply 231July 22, 2021 1:40 AM

R231 Inevitable but I thought it would be after the divorce

by Anonymousreply 232July 22, 2021 1:46 AM

There's no Meggie autobio. it's Prince George's birthday and the Cambridges put a new photo of him up on social media. Any time the Cambridges do anything, Megs has to try to change the subject back to her. She. Will. Not. Be. Ignored.

by Anonymousreply 233July 22, 2021 1:49 AM

There will be multiple Smegs autobiographies. First the one as familially-abused Duchess, then the one as husband-abused divorcee, then the one who has FINALLY found herself by starting _________ (insert bandwagon) personally profitable "charity".

by Anonymousreply 234July 22, 2021 1:54 AM

r230 Just reenforces the point that they really dont have much to sell or offer that isnt royally connected or greatly artifically boosted by using royal titles. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 235July 22, 2021 1:59 AM

R218 Oh yeah. The tabloids never EVAH pay for information. Why those sources just leak shit ONLY when their employers instruct them to do so, right? There's never money being made or paid in all this, right? Jesus. All those sources just rush to tell Dan Wootton what the Queen said to Charles about Harry because she does it where all those sources can hear her, right?

And those sources always pass on the gold-plated truth, right?

And, since you feel compelled to start name calling, I'm blocking you.

I don't mind a disagreement but I don't need to make it personal.

Wootton is a reasonably decent tabloid hack. That's all.

And by the way, the Palace released a very mild statement about Harry's book, stating he had discussed it with the family earlier, he didn't need the BRF'S permission to write a book, he's a private citizen, and all queries should be appropriately directed to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Yeah the statement was just FULL of that smokin' rage Wootton assured us was curling through the corridors of Windsor Castle.

Maybe he exaggerated just a tad in those giant headlines?

No, Wootton wouldn't do that, would he?

by Anonymousreply 236July 22, 2021 2:19 AM

Paul Burrell (I know he's a snake) did confirm, I think on Lorriane, that Netflix had been in contact with him about participating in a Diana documentary that would mark the 25th anniversary since her death. So there is something in the works...the question is, are harry and meghan in on it.

by Anonymousreply 237July 22, 2021 2:28 AM

Uh-hem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 22, 2021 2:36 AM

That's Volume II, r232.

by Anonymousreply 239July 22, 2021 2:42 AM

[Quote]It’ll be from the subsequent 60 Minute, GMA, Today Show, Oprah Redux, etc… interviews

I've wondered how that will be handled, r229. He has to publicize the book on as many outlets as possible to satisfy his contract, but his handlers will likely ask for a list of questions to pre-approve to insure he's properly coached. There will probably be "no go topics," too. I don't know what morning show personalities are like now (except for faux journalist Gayle King), but will any of them dare to challenge Harry about his list of lies? Matt Lauer would have gone for it, Katie Couric even. How would Harry sputter through a challenge?

by Anonymousreply 240July 22, 2021 3:19 AM

R240 Journalism here in the US is a joke these days. Interviewers take it easy on their interviewees in order to secure more interviews. I mean many reporters refused to call Trump a racist for his entire presidency.

by Anonymousreply 241July 22, 2021 3:48 AM

I LOVE the royals and have been active in all the threads. Lately, I've been losing some interest. Americans are interested, but we have short attention spans. Royal gossip is especially good when Meghan pulls some vilaness move and then gets snubbed by the palace. I don't know how many times Harry can tell the same story. They are not very interesting outside the BRF and the story is getting stale. Meghan has probably been advised to lay low for a while. The Lilibet naming and handling was really tasteless. It showed how thirsty and desperate they are. There is nothing regal about that.

by Anonymousreply 242July 22, 2021 6:45 AM

I also want to be fucked by Russel Myers. I bet he has a huge, uncut horse cock and a pair of low hangers. He is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 243July 22, 2021 6:55 AM

Time to open a Russel Myers appreciation thread.

by Anonymousreply 244July 22, 2021 8:37 AM

The story about the book is already fading. The word, more or less confirmed by the Palace's totally anodyne statement on the book, is that whilst Harry may be going to make it all about Me and My Dead Mum, he isn't planning a "bombshell tell-all" .

He's out of grenades and just wants to have his cathartic sobfest with a really big cheque attached.

The public is already sick of their Bad BRF song and dance.

The bawling of the tabloids about the enraged family and Last Nail in the Coffin was just more media hype.

As the Palace confirmed he'd discussed the book with them, and as a private citizen he can do as he likes, obviously they are talking to each other.

So, not quite all the incandescent rage as blared from the DM headlines, then.

It IS getting boring.

by Anonymousreply 245July 22, 2021 10:27 AM

Rolls eyes at R70.

by Anonymousreply 246July 22, 2021 10:39 AM

r158 Didn't he meet her on a yacht?

by Anonymousreply 247July 22, 2021 10:58 AM

I'm not even a monarchist, but I used to like Harry. He seemed down-to-earth and a bit of a laugh. I never would have thought he'd turn into the sort of person who says nonsense like "I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become."

I think it was manipulative of him and Meghan to name their daughter Lilibet. Seems like a way for them to do things that they know will upset his grandmother, such as publishing a book that will most likely attract negative press for her family in her Jubilee year, and then say "But we respect her so much we named our daughter after her!" It doesn't sit right with me.

by Anonymousreply 248July 22, 2021 11:55 AM

R248 That's the sad thing of this whole affair. Harry used to be the fun royal we all loved (even for people who hate the monarchy). A few years ago if you were to ask me which royals I'd want to have a drink with, it would have been Harry (and maybe Philip too). He's become a very bitter and petulant man and I can't stand him any more. I've often found straight men are moulded by their wife after they get married. Some wives bring out the best in their husband (e.g. Kate or the Queen Mum) and others bring out their worst (cough meghan cough).

Since last year, everything Harry and Meghan have done is an attempt to blackmail the royals into giving them what they want. It's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 249July 22, 2021 4:34 PM

R243 & R244 My discovery of Russell Myers has probably been the only good part of this whole Meghan & Harry debacle. He is damn cute. Clearly straight though with an outfit like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250July 22, 2021 4:37 PM

Well, as much as the favored nickname is "The Firm," the BRF is not one, but does, in fact, belong to the people.

So no private NDAs allowed, TYVM.

by Anonymousreply 251July 22, 2021 4:56 PM

Harry is following in the my footsteps and will write his memories in 4 volumes:

Vol 1 : MUM DIES

Vol 2 : MUM DIES

Vol 3 : MUM DIES

Vol 4: NAKED IN VEGAS

by Anonymousreply 252July 22, 2021 5:08 PM

I suspect Harry is NOT "writing" anything.

The most probable scenario is: Harry talks/whines/confesses into a tape recorder for multiple boring and woeful hours. Then the ghostwriter listens to it without falling aslepp and writes/embellishes what he says and tries to make Harry more intelligent than he actually is.

by Anonymousreply 253July 22, 2021 5:54 PM

^ asleep

by Anonymousreply 254July 22, 2021 6:26 PM

Harry is as delusional as his wife. They deserve each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 22, 2021 6:27 PM

If his eyes get any closer together, he'll be a cyclops.

by Anonymousreply 256July 22, 2021 6:45 PM

He looks like a demon possessed leprechaun at r255.

by Anonymousreply 257July 22, 2021 6:50 PM

Yikes, R255 really proves that photos of Harry NEED to include the body so you can see that he's tall and has a nice natural body. His face when seen by itself is reeeeally bad.

by Anonymousreply 258July 22, 2021 6:55 PM

Richard Eden provides some great tea on Harry here. Harry allegedly has held resentment about the royals treated Diana (even if those resentments are justified) and now he believes they've done the same to Meghan and he's out for revenge. I also agree with Tessa that Harry is addicted to fame now and desperate to be bigger than the royals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259July 22, 2021 8:43 PM

I don’t see this upcoming memoir as lighting up social media or talk shows. People are already tired of the thirsty couple mining perceived family slights for publicity and money. The only people who are talking about it are those who are following this tacky saga to eventual conclusion.

So Harry now imagines himself as being on par with self-made moguls and and presidents? Hubris and delusional don’t go far enough in describing him.

by Anonymousreply 260July 22, 2021 8:43 PM

Because the co-author won a Pulitzer Prize and people in American media love their prizes, the book will get a bit of “serious” attention from outlets like the New York Times and so on. I can see the Times magazine excerpting it with an extreme close-up of Harry’s earnest face on the cover. (By the way, I haven’t seen or read it in many years, does the NYT magazine still exist?)

by Anonymousreply 261July 22, 2021 8:53 PM

The book will do well because people love dirt but it's impact may be short lived. Edward VIII's book was a huge seller but he's follow up book failed to make a splash. I do think he's going to blame Diana's death on the royal's mistreatment" of her and draw parallels to Meghan. It will be damaging in some quarters but I doubt (though I could be wrong) it'll burn the monarchy down. I think the UK it will probably be seen as petty.

by Anonymousreply 262July 22, 2021 9:01 PM

r259 so Harry cheated to get a single A level - wow. And in art.

by Anonymousreply 263July 22, 2021 9:03 PM

They’re being seen by the American public (those who still pay them attention) as privileged people who talk about themselves too much. Not only that, but talking about themselves as either perpetually aggrieved victims or as preachy, rich wokesters who are out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 264July 22, 2021 9:24 PM

R263, that A Level in Art (a miraculous B in addition to his D in Geography), was the pretext which got him into Officer Training at Sandhurst, with the bare minimum of qualifications.

If, as claimed, he cheated, then he stole a place from another aspiring officer, probably better qualified and who probably hadn’t benefitted from Harry’s school education which is very likely to have cost upwards of half a million pounds.

by Anonymousreply 265July 22, 2021 9:46 PM

All you old poofs would love to mack on me burning bush. Sod off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 22, 2021 10:35 PM

Really, r156?

Can you say "Camilla"?

by Anonymousreply 267July 23, 2021 12:37 AM

How much longer can he get away with all this before someone in the royal family gets disgusted and leaks to the press (with full plausible deniability) about his own hidden secrets? It's hardly as if the Nazi armband or the nudity with the girl in Vegas were his worst misdeeds ever: frokmn what's already been leaking out, those things are just the tip of the iceberg.

Someday someone's going to gather together everything about the casual and pronounced racism in his army days, the cheating on exams, the beatings given to prostitutes he hired near his army base, and all the other rotten things he's done. It's not going to be pretty. He's going to make his uncle Andrew look like a choirboy.

by Anonymousreply 268July 23, 2021 4:45 AM

R267 - As that expensive education left Harry with no knowledge that he was related to the Romanovs, more than another space for a better qualified officer was wasted . . .

I have always had this vision of the history-steeped Charles banging his head against his antique desk in Clarence House when that came to light from Harry's conversation with the phony Greta Thunberg.

by Anonymousreply 269July 23, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote] history-steeped Charles

Not only Charles is history-steeped. So is his brother Edward.

I would never want to be a part of the RF, but if I found myself there, you would not be able to keep me out of the archives.

I wonder if his family is heaving a sigh of relief because Haz was too dumb and lacked any interest in any of his family's history.

by Anonymousreply 270July 23, 2021 1:55 PM

Maybe all this has happened and I've missed it, but does Harry ever comment on non-political UK affairs any more? Send messages to Team GB for the Olympics, or to the national teams that were in the Euros? Does he congratulate the NHS, praise Capt Tom, acknowledge public life and activities in any way? Without an on the ball private secretary to advise and prompt him, he just seems hopeless. Does he just sit there vacantly, thinking 'Me, me, me, Mummy, me, me, me'?

by Anonymousreply 271July 23, 2021 2:12 PM

Really, the BRF is well rid of them. Pity they wouldn't go more decorously, but in the long run better, especially for William's reign.

by Anonymousreply 272July 23, 2021 2:30 PM

Look, Harry and Meghan sent some diapers to some homeless women (and sent out a press release about it). So they are great philanthropists.

They'll be inviting those homeless women to move into Castle Montecito soon.

by Anonymousreply 273July 23, 2021 5:04 PM

He really is a little shit stain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274July 23, 2021 9:17 PM

R274 Yup he's going to try and take down the monarchy. The book to be published after the Queen dies will accuse the royals of ordering Diana's death.

by Anonymousreply 275July 23, 2021 10:42 PM

She was hypnotized by the Queen not to use her seatbelt!

by Anonymousreply 276July 23, 2021 11:03 PM

Harry's lawyers are claiming that he is only planning one book.....surrreeee.

by Anonymousreply 277July 23, 2021 11:08 PM

R275, if The Queen lives for another 5 years, I doubt very much that the Harkles will still be together, and even if they are, I doubt anyone is going to be very interested in the rantings of a bald, middle-aged outcast from the Royal Family who obviously has mummy issues.

He’s an object of curiosity at the moment, but familiarity breeds contempt. All he has to sell is his family, and I’m sure the stories will get more outlandish, but his audience will move on.

by Anonymousreply 278July 23, 2021 11:12 PM

Hang in there, Queenie!

by Anonymousreply 279July 23, 2021 11:23 PM

I think the deal exists, for the simple reason that literally everything they do backfires - it's an absolute rule, - so this has too. No-one keeps their secrets.

by Anonymousreply 280July 23, 2021 11:35 PM

FUN FACT: If Harry has a four-book contract then, by the end of the contract, he'll have written more books than he's read.

by Anonymousreply 281July 23, 2021 11:36 PM

R281 It's actually only three books because one of them is going to be Meghan's "wellness" book.

R277 They didn't deny there would be four books only that Harry is just planning one memoir. I guess they realized how bad this is making Harry look. I know the Harkle nuts will defend him doing anything, but it's pretty clear this 100% blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 282July 24, 2021 12:10 AM

Actually, the statement says that Harry only has one book “in the works”. As always, it pays to look closely at the wording these grifters use. ‘In the works” suggests that only one book is currently in progress, but it certainly doesn’t rule out another “biography” being written after The Queen’s death.

by Anonymousreply 283July 24, 2021 12:16 AM

R283 Yeah they never deny the deal in place though. It's all strategy. Dangle the first book over the royal's head to try and get somethings they want: Lily's Christening, Jubilee invite. Then a potential book after the Queen dies to ensure Archie and Lily get HRH status. The Daily Mail article outlining how Harry struck this deal that he was cold and emotionless...this is going to end badly. I would not be surprised if Harry does it make much past 40.

by Anonymousreply 284July 24, 2021 12:22 AM

r278 Brilliant post .

The royal family and the british public cannot and will not now regard Prince Harry as anything less than a traitor and an enemy. According to numerous sources and Lady Colin Campbells latest video the royal family have fully woken up and faced the harsh reality that Prince Harry has gone rogue and can never be trusted in any way again.

by Anonymousreply 285July 24, 2021 1:04 AM

If this news of a 4 book deal is true, with one book to be published only after the Queen’s death, and just weeks after naming their daughter after the Queen… The mind simply boggles.

by Anonymousreply 286July 24, 2021 1:18 AM

It sounds like the publisher that didn't win the bid for Harry's (and Meghan's) books are like the ones leaking information about the deals to the press.

by Anonymousreply 287July 24, 2021 2:06 AM

I'm intrigued by the ghostwriter, who apparently has a solid reputation. He must be getting a ton of money to spin gold from meager source material; anything that might be interesting is probably already in the public sphere.

If he does manage to make Harry seem deep and interesting, what will happen when Harry does PR for it? We know he isn't deep and interesting, and he can't speak extemporaneously. If he tries to go on about his race awakening or whatever, he'll make a fool of himself.

And I wonder how much input Meghan is going to have. How do you balance her Finding Freedom/Bench frauish sensibility with the ghostwriter's higher literary aspirations?

by Anonymousreply 288July 24, 2021 8:34 AM

R284 Harry's representatives have issued a denial that there is more than one memoir planned, and deny that there is a book project structured around waiting for the Queen's death. They have followed the claim up with the usual legal threat from the Harkles' lawyer of publishing a false and defamatory story.

As of this afternoon, the DM still has the story up, albeit farther down the page.

And the trolls keep asking us why anyone discusses these two.

You'd have to live on Pluto to get away from them.

by Anonymousreply 289July 24, 2021 10:31 AM

The ghostwriter has a good reputation because he's able to encourage his male clients to open up about their daddy issues and spill all the gory details and turn that into a good gossipy read. No doubt he'll be able to spin Harry's whining about being "forced" to meet poor people by his cruel family and Daddy cutting him off at 36 into something better than Harry was able to do by himself but enough to get people over to his side? I imagine the template will be the Andre Agassi book where Steffi Graf is the heroine of everything and Daddy and Brooke Shields (William/family/other girlfriends) are evil.

So there's a second volume to be published after the queen dies? And yet they still want all the goodies of being royal, named their baby daughter after her and are demanding her presence at a Windsor Christening. They are such hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 290July 24, 2021 10:32 AM

R290 Again, the DM has amended the original article to state that when sent the piece pre-publication for comment, Harry's lawyers said they would not be commenting.

Then, shortly after publication, the DM received warnings from those same lawyers that the story was false and defamatory, and a representative issued a statement that no such project structured around the Queen's death was planned, only one memoir was planned.

So, either the Sussexes have a mole in their camp who let a very nasty looking cat out of the bag before time, and knowing how nasty that cat appears, plans have to be rearranged, or the DM got bad info.

I wouldn't put the original story past Harry, whose ultimate aim has always been to bring down his father and brother. But it's likely that Harry would have liked that bit kept under wraps, so he could go on pretending to be interested in making it up with the family, holding on to his title, and ensuring titles for his two children.

At some point, those who enabled this mud-slinging sociopath will find themselves trying to defend themselves. I doubt they'll care if the money rolls in - style of thing.

Those quoted state that Harry began a secret bidding war for the memoir as soon as he got to America, and did so with an affect as cold as ice and completely devoid of emotion.

I said some time ago that the two of them were beginning to seem to me to be more than just unstable clinical narcissists, but were starting to ring the bell of borderline sociopaths.

How ironic that the adored Diana with all her excessive protestations of the importance of hugs and affection, should have birthed this cold, angry, sullen, vengeful sociopath who is bent on causing endless pain and damage.

Because the world hasn't treated him well enough, and refuse to recognise his true worth.

A classic sociopath's reasoning.

by Anonymousreply 291July 24, 2021 11:31 AM

The book will be an emotion-fest, which people seem to love. We live in the Age of Emotion.

by Anonymousreply 292July 24, 2021 11:46 AM

R291 Yes I read the updated info. Whilst I would never assume the DM 100% is accurate I also wouldn't trust what the Sussexes say at all either. Just like they "very recently" informed BP of the book literally hours before the info dropped and Prince Charles was literally told by Sun reporters on an engagement . They also definitely asked The Queen's explicit permission to use her nickname - except not really. Or even their Sussex Royal website announcing how things would be in January 2020 and having to take almost all of it back.

They're experts at weasel wording. Only one memoir is currently "planned" but one after the queen has died has definitely been talked about. It's also interesting that they were told 48 hours in advance and declined to comment but seeing the world wide headlines realised "oh shit, this makes us seem like monsters rather than active compassionists".

I think Harry truly believes he should have both. He wants the titles and perks of being a royal and he wants to make money on telling "his truth" to the world and present himself as a victim. This is a "man" who complained about being cut off, not having titles, the idea of Meghan working after marriage and not having security whilst also blaming his family for everything that went wrong in his life.

by Anonymousreply 293July 24, 2021 11:59 AM

[quote]I think Harry truly believes he should have both.

You're right, he does. And, as for the logical contradiction between the two things, we must remember that Harry is not only an obnoxious and entitled cunt, he is also stupid beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 294July 24, 2021 12:02 PM

They are the very definition of ENTITLED. When you understand that, all their behaviour and pronouncements make sense.

"We'll always be royal. Harry and Archie have royal blood." - Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex

by Anonymousreply 295July 24, 2021 12:42 PM

It's noteworthy that virtually all their plans get leaked. It doesn't look like the people around them have much loyalty or affection for the twosome.

by Anonymousreply 296July 24, 2021 12:58 PM

[quote] They're experts at weasel wording.

Too true, R293.

The statement by their chief propagandist has all the hallmarks of legalese: it is a non-denial denial.

Why doesn’t Plastic Fantastic Omid come out DIRECTLY and deny the 4 book deal with the 1 book commencing upon HM’s death? Where is his usual outrage at denying press that is “blatantly untrue” about the two?

The whole side-swerving of words in his tweet below tells us everything we need to know: the DM was basically correct in their article and now they are attempting to play footsie with the reporting reality of a really horrific deal.

The Sussex duo are beyond despicable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297July 24, 2021 1:00 PM

How long until she shows her cooch for money on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 298July 24, 2021 1:57 PM

The clock is ticking, r298.

by Anonymousreply 299July 24, 2021 2:02 PM

"No project coordinated around such an event" of course not. It just coincidentally won't come out until she's died and at a time guaranteed to create maximum impact for his father's projected coronation. But it's all purely coincidence and isn't currently listed as TBA Queen's Death on their publishing schedule.

Scobie has no problem calling the DM or anyone else outright liars even when they're reporting on things that later turned out to be true. The fact that he didn't do so this time means not only did the DM have a very accurate picture of the scenario for once, the book is probably already being written.

by Anonymousreply 300July 24, 2021 2:03 PM

A few years ago it was so entertaining to read about the Sussexes with Meghan as the social climbing villainess. Now it's like reading about Trump, malignant narcissism and vengeance unleashed. It's puzzling how Harry went from such a sympathetic figure to such a unpleasant creep.

by Anonymousreply 301July 24, 2021 2:09 PM

R301 why do you have to turn everything into a Trump discussion?

I think YOU are the one who is obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 302July 24, 2021 2:25 PM

R301 A lot of Harry's great press ironically came from KP protecting him and Edward Lane Fox working to create the Hero Harry persona to distract from the many less than savoury stories.. Many in the media went along with it because it sold. Harry appears to somehow both forgotten that, bought into his own hype and not realised that whilst there were a lot of restrictions they also extremely protected by the Firm in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 303July 24, 2021 2:30 PM

R303, do you think it's possible that Harry just isn't that smart?

by Anonymousreply 304July 24, 2021 2:32 PM

People miss Trump. Here and IRL I find they constantly want to start conversations about him just to bitch. I've moved on. (But speaking of, he did have one hilarious comment: "I wish Harry a lotta luck, cuz he's gonna need it.")

I find the Sussex soap opera much more entertaining, though it is taking a sinister turn.

by Anonymousreply 305July 24, 2021 2:33 PM

Just looking over Harry's lawyer statement: and it is totally what you would call a non-denial denial. What I mean by that is that it has the appearance of a denial but actually denies nothing. It doesn't deny that there is a four book deal, nor does it outright deny a book being "saved" for after the Queen's death. All it confirms is that Harry is only planning on releasing one memoir.

H&M's legal teams throw out these "false and defamatory" but never actually sue. They did it for The Times bullying story and the BBC's story about not talking to the Queen about naming the new baby Lilibet. All of these stories were run through the Sussex legal team before they were published. Had there been grounds to sue, these stories would not have gone to print. Love or hate the DM, they've gotten most of the details about the Sussexes right. The fact the originally had no comment but then after it was published that the story was given this non-denial denial...why? Because they realized how bad it makes Harry look. Someone is finally leaking the Sussexes plans and it is annoying the fuck out of them.

There will be a book after the Queen dies but it won't be a memoir per say. It'll be something like "Granny and Me" and intimate biography of the late Queen as told by her grandson who will then stab his family in the back repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 306July 24, 2021 5:05 PM

I doubt if the Harkles' marriage will last as long as the Queen. His behavior at the Diana statue unveiling was downright weird. Laughing, pointing at people at an event that should have been solemn. Either he was drunk, on drugs or he's having a mental breakdown. Probably all 3.

Harry isn't just isolated from his family, he's also lost all contact with lifelong friends. He's alone with his domineering wife. Harry and Meghan are obviously motivated by jealousy and an overpowering need for publicity and praise and money. A deadly combination.

by Anonymousreply 307July 24, 2021 5:40 PM

What still puzzles me as to how they envisage their future life?

What will they be doing? Who will they spend time with?

They seem so intent on just being somehow mentioned in ridiculous publicity releases and he attacking his family that I just can't foresee what endgame they picture.

by Anonymousreply 308July 24, 2021 5:55 PM

R303 Clearly he's not very smart but even dumb people should realise that saying "my family are toxic, I was trapped and hated doing the work and meeting poor people but it's evil that Daddy wouldn't give me millions for doing nothing and the poor people should pay for my security in another country" doesn't make sense.

If it was as terrible as he claims he should be glad to dump his titles and pleased his kids might not get HRH ever.

And if they some how succeed in bringing the whole thing down then they won't even be the new and interesting ex royals on the block. And it's doubtful William would give him access to any money or property he was left with.

by Anonymousreply 309July 24, 2021 6:12 PM

r309 He's dumb but also blinded and consumed by jealousy. Conflict over his sense of entitlement is a big part of his core problem -He both craves royal privilege and resents and rejects it at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 310July 24, 2021 6:38 PM

R310 when Harry railed to Dax Shepard.... Dax Shepard??? that the 1st Amendment was bonkers, that meant he had run to lawyers to sue American media that criticized him and been told about the 1st Amendment. He and Meghan want constant, fawning publicity - the type Hollywood publicists get highly paid to get into the media. Criticizing him is lese-majeste. Harry is very confused as well as very dumb.

by Anonymousreply 311July 24, 2021 6:44 PM

This about sums it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 24, 2021 6:58 PM

I still can't figure out of Page Six is pro-Sussex or not (as the broke the original story about Harry's memoirs that allegedly surprised H&M) but they are saying that the books will be: Harry's Memoirs, Meghan's "wellness" book, a collaborated book between H&M about leadership, and the 4th book is possibly Meghan's own memoir that may be designed to pivot towards her rumored political aspirations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 24, 2021 7:32 PM

"Harry has one cause--I want to control my narrative and monetize it. The rest is just BS."

Sums that up pretty well r140. I am haunted by the BBC interview (Nov 27, 2017) where Harry says Meghan "will hit the ground running." Of course, that was the Grand Plan all along. Dump the UK, dump the BRF, and dump anyone who is not on their side. This was the mission from Day 1 to create their brand, line their pockets with books, videos, youtubes etc. The Harckles are just revealing their true plans with the 4-book announcement. Notice it's always headlines with $$$ Big Bucks being announced. So, yeah, r140 has it right.

"The truth is, we will have no idea what is in the book until extracts are published shortly before publication in 2022. We're all expecting it to be a bombshell attack (which it probably will be) but what if it isn't as bad as the royals fear? If they react now it makes them look afraid, guilty, or petulant"

Well, I don't know about that r127. Harry (and wife) have an amazing ability to recall incredible details (the whole saga about going down the vault to get the Tiara) so I am expecting "major dirt" on all of them, in particular Wills, Charles and Camilla. That ghost writer is going to add a lot of creativity to frame the narrative to make the Harkles looks so hard done by the BRF. With just enough snippets to shame, embarrass, or upset the BRF - the Harckles books (as others have mentioned) will be excellent fodder for movies, TV docs, etc. Just watch.

What's that expression? The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314July 24, 2021 7:48 PM

“The Me I Hope You Don’t See”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315July 24, 2021 7:55 PM

Harry the Nazi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316July 24, 2021 8:01 PM

^And, oh yeah, that’s his “Paki friend” in the military in front of him in photo.

by Anonymousreply 317July 24, 2021 8:03 PM

The foul mouthed Fulford siblings( of the F**cking Fulfords and Life is Toff fame) don’t have an issue with primogeniture so why does Harry, who’s in way better financial situation set up bu family, care that he’s not the top dog like William? He should’ve felt lucky that he’s not the second son of landed aristocratic family who’d get nothing. I think with Harry it’s not likely to be money that’s irking him but the status that comes along with being the firstborn heir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 24, 2021 8:33 PM

Harry has also now bought into the mindset that money would buy him the power that he so desperately wanted. He wants to be seen by the world as equal to his brother in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 319July 24, 2021 8:35 PM

Geez, Harry, you can’t even get into synch with your marching poses! Lift that neck!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320July 24, 2021 9:14 PM

I’m going to guess that the final transcript of the memoir will leak right after the initial printing has taken place, basically killing sales, and leaving Penguin Random House with a very expensive loss on their hands

by Anonymousreply 321July 24, 2021 10:14 PM

So one will be Harry's pre-King Charles memoir, one will be Meghan's "Wellness" book, one will be their co-authored "Leadership" book...

The last has to be Meghan's own memoir, which can only be published after the Queen dies because it's going to accuse her of racism and Meghan doesn't want the Queen to sign Letters Patent barring her kids from having titles, so wants to wait til she'd dead to blow her load.

by Anonymousreply 322July 24, 2021 10:36 PM

So King Charles blows her titles - they'll get blown regardless.

by Anonymousreply 323July 24, 2021 10:40 PM

She's betting on Charles being as soft, indulgent and kindly towards them as he ha been since she arrived on the seen and he walked her up the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 324July 24, 2021 11:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 24, 2021 11:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 24, 2021 11:19 PM

[quote] a collaborated book between H&M about leadership,

Hahahaha! Those two writing about leadership. That's akin to Hitler doing a tome on Christian compassion. Who the hell thinks of these things, nevermind pays for them?

And no one will be interested in meddling Meg's memoirs. That's gonna land with a thud. No wonder it's listed fourth on the publication list, they need to squeeze out the larger sellers first.

by Anonymousreply 327July 24, 2021 11:44 PM

It'll be an anthology work, each chapter profiling a different "leader". This is so H & M can network with people who otherwise won't take their calls so Harry can scout new high-paying "jobs" and Meghan can scout future potential husbands. Bill Gates, for example, will CERTAINLY be interviewed for the book.

by Anonymousreply 328July 24, 2021 11:54 PM

An anthology work will give them many more sources to plagiarize.

by Anonymousreply 329July 25, 2021 12:03 AM

What was the final sales amount for Nutmeg's children's book? Did it make her wealthy?

by Anonymousreply 330July 25, 2021 2:27 AM

Now would probably a good time for Charles to confess that Harry is not his biological son.....

by Anonymousreply 331July 25, 2021 3:14 AM

r331 that's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 332July 25, 2021 3:21 AM

So basically the 95 year old Queen will go to her grave assuming her grandson (whom she loved and tolerated probably more than most of the family) is going to trash her legacy within months of her death. Now that's true Harkle compassion!

by Anonymousreply 333July 25, 2021 4:14 AM

#BeKind, R333.

by Anonymousreply 334July 25, 2021 10:13 AM

While stuck on the couch yesterday with Covid vaccine side effects, I discovered a YouTube channel of body language/interrogation experts with real credentials. I thought they were fun and wished that they'd do the Oprah interview (thinking it would be too controversial for them), but indeed they did and lo and behold they have the same view of them as us bitches. There are a lot of YouTubers cashing in on the Meghan hate, but this ain't that.

(I'd love to hear their analysis of her supposed suicidal ideation, which I'm sure they discussed but of course didn't include.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335July 25, 2021 10:45 AM

I thought the misery memoir had gone out of fashion . Didn’t they used to be set in rural Ireland?

by Anonymousreply 336July 25, 2021 11:37 AM

Rumor has it that this new one is a thrilling story of escape, set in the magical landscape of California. It will be called: 'The C**t of Montecito.'

by Anonymousreply 337July 25, 2021 12:18 PM

r335 I actually its more Harry hate now. People are really beginning to catch on to how vile he is.

by Anonymousreply 338July 25, 2021 1:14 PM

DL introduced me to a blog called Royal Foibles. There were entries well before MM came on the scene about Harry's mental illness and hate love relationship with the press. It seems he needs to be worshipped , praised and validated by media.

by Anonymousreply 339July 25, 2021 2:25 PM

Too bad Royal Foibles is no longer being updated. The writer did a lot of research.

by Anonymousreply 340July 25, 2021 2:27 PM

R337 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 341July 25, 2021 3:12 PM

I hate Harry and Meghan for making me watch GBN clips....but OMG I'm dying...this bitch went in for the kill ... I never heard some of these stories about Harry before!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342July 25, 2021 8:31 PM

That was brilliant r342. Who is the blonde commentator, is she on DL? Great stuff.

by Anonymousreply 343July 25, 2021 9:05 PM

The tangled web of claims and counterclaims is getting so knotted that I think eventually people will lose interest simply because it's not worth the effort to try figuring it out. If past history is anything to go by, any efforts by Harry to take out the BRF with Shock and Awe techniques are likely to go the way his past efforts did. This is the "crazy is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result" syndrome.

By the time Harry gets that first All About Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee book out, I wonder if the the public will give a damn any longer.

If he floated the idea of a second Book of Revelations After Gran Dies So She Can't Sue Me Or Take Away My Title, just to see how it flies, he's got his answer: Euwwwwwwww.

If he was planning one but no one was supposed to know, someone close in is a traitor, and after insisting that the rumour was false, he's going to look really, REALLY bad when he produces one, after all.

If he wasn't planning one, someone got the boot in by saying he was, and the result is the same: he looks bad (this is the least likely scenario, or that "false and defamatory" suit would be filed by now).

By 2022, the Queen could be dead, Charles could have had a massive stroke and died well before anyone supposed he would, and Harry and Meghan would be accused of driving poor Charles into an early grave, and Harry's book, which is alleged to be gunning more for his father than anyone else, if it comes out after Charles suddenly dies, will be famous mostly for being the alpha and omega of bad taste.

No matter how you slice it, all Harry's got is bile. Bile usually doesn't go down well unless it's served up with finely honed style, wit, irony, and a dose of candid self-deprecation - none of which Harry possesses.

One may assume endless conferences are being held behind the Palace walls about how to handle all this; it's certainly true that Harry's determination to smear his family may result in some tarnishing - but if the polls are correct, the tarnishing doesn't seem to last, and Harry's brother, sister-in-law, and Gran seem to be made of Teflon. Harry and Meghan, meanwhile, continue to sink in the polls in Britain, and even in America aren't that wildly popular.

Nobody likes whingers, especially rich ones.

I'm interested in the still absent name of Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor from the line of succession on the royal website. It takes 30 seconds to make an adjustment like that. The papers are making a Thing of it, and the Palace hasn't said a word, despite knowing that the media are making a Thing of it.

One wonders if that something going on behind the scenes is, at last, the removal of titles and pressure on the line of succession. I have always doubted the latter as nothing but a last resort after Harry's and Meghan's table at the local Craft Beer & Brick Oven Pizza spot is bugged and they're both recorded planning on how to take out the Cambridges so Harry can fulfill the Sussex Squad's dream of becoming King and putting Meghan Simpson on the throne beside him . . .

But, who knows? Maybe they're not so much enraged but coolly and coldly planning how to take out the Sussexes by the simple act of deroyalising them.

I dunno. But sorting this is proving exhausting to the point of ennui.

by Anonymousreply 344July 25, 2021 10:31 PM

I hope they lose their titles.

Removing Harry and his children is a little more problematic. It would require an act of Parliament and consent of Commonwealth countries where HMQ is the head of state. I would suggest wording such as to be in the line of succession, the person must be continuously resident in the UK or one of those Commonwealth countries for not less than 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 345July 25, 2021 10:38 PM

^removing them from the line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 346July 25, 2021 10:39 PM

r344 Brilliant post 👏 I agree that by the time his first book in 2022 comes out a large number of people would have lost interest and many more times so by the time the Queen dies which I believe is at leat 7 years away as she seems to have a stronger constituition than her mother who nearly lived to 102. 2030 is the year I reckon she will die. But I would also argue that we are already getting to the point were lots of people are starting to lose interest.

by Anonymousreply 347July 25, 2021 10:51 PM

The whole removal from the line of succession bit is so ridiculously complicated that I still can't quite credit it. Getting Parliament involved will cloak the Harkles with an importance that they really don't deserve.

Even the removal of Harry's peerage, if the poster with all that arcane knowledge is to be believed, has to be approved by Parliament at the final stage, something I didn't know until recently. Parliament won't start the process, the Queen has to do so, but eventually, Parliament is going to have to rubber-stamp this.

That's what's so perverse about this whole thing: Harry and Meghan really ARE meaningless. And yet - they suck so much air out of the room.

I wonder if HM and the PM have discussed the issue at one of their weekly meeting.

TQ: Mr PM, do sit down. I trust matters are going forward to tear up the BREXIT deal and resolve the Northern Ireland protocols issue? No? Pity. Let me know if I can be of any help on that. And how is dear Nicola up at Holyrood House? Really? Would you like me to send the Cambridges back up north? You know, Kate looks divine in Saltire blue . . .

PM: Thank you, Ma'am. Oh, Brussels is screaming its head off, as usual, but, really, what can they do? Sue us? Nicola is - well, she's Nicola, you know. Every moment of her life is focussed on "independence". One of these days, we hope she'll come out as a carpet muncher, we do encourage it these days you know, and it would probably calm her down so much. Now, about that other little problem you mentioned last week?

TO: Oh. You mean the Sussexes.

PM: That's right. Now, Ma'am, I know how difficult this has been for your family, I do assure you that you have my and Carrie's sympathies. But, involving the government in so deeply personal a family matter . . .

TW, breaking in: That's it exactly, PM! The situation needs to be shifted from a family matter to a matter of national importance. The People need to see that it isn't just his family that Harry has betrayed, but his Country and his People. I am SO obliged to you for clarifying the matter so brilliantly!

PM: Oh, Ma'am, thank you, but, that isn't quite . . .

TQ, breaking in again: Then I can depend upon you to convene quite quietly a Parliamentary Committee to look into the matter, whilst I start preparing Letters Patent and setting the case out at my end, all right? I should be so grateful (meaningful smile, hinting at the Honours List after BJ leaves office)

PM, gulping: Of course, Ma'am.

by Anonymousreply 348July 25, 2021 11:16 PM

R345– Only the UK has a line of succession. None of the other Commonwealth realms do. Charles means nothing to Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc. until his mother dies

by Anonymousreply 349July 25, 2021 11:39 PM

It's been fun watching the children play with the adults but the charm is indeed wearing thin.

by Anonymousreply 350July 26, 2021 12:17 AM

Now you’re just making things up, R70.

by Anonymousreply 351July 26, 2021 12:23 AM

R349 Charles means quite a lot to Australia, actually. He is the only person qualified to be our next Head of State. A role to which no actual Australian can aspire.

This is a hot topic right now as the Australian Republican Movement has stepped up a new campaign to remind the populace of this sad fact.

by Anonymousreply 352July 26, 2021 12:26 AM

[Quote]A role to which no actual Australian can aspire.

I find this hard to believe. Granted, I know next to nothing about Australian politics (beyond that weird Christian PM who took off on vacation while the country burned). Surely, there are fine people who can fill the role. Isn't the Governor General the stand in for the monarch?

by Anonymousreply 353July 26, 2021 12:44 AM

R353 countries can have Heads of State (like the Queen) and Heads of Government (like the Prime Minister). The US combines both roles.

by Anonymousreply 354July 26, 2021 12:52 AM

That is untrue r349. The British monarch is Canada’s head of state. When legislation was last amended by David Cameron, consent of Commonwealth countries was sought.

by Anonymousreply 355July 26, 2021 1:14 AM

As you said, R353, you know next to nothing about Australian politics.

The Governor General is the British monarch’s representative. S/he is not a defacto Head of State.

As it stands today, the only person entitled to be Head of State in Australia (and for other Commonwealth realms)is the British monarch. Thus Australians are excluded from this role.

We can be elected to the position of Head of Government (I.e. Prime Minister) by the winning party which holds the majority of seats in the House of Representatives. The PM, despite general belief, is not directly elected by the voters. Just their party.

by Anonymousreply 356July 26, 2021 1:15 AM

Now you’re just being pedantic, R179.

by Anonymousreply 357July 26, 2021 1:30 AM

R236, you got anymore of them there question marks I can borrow? Seeing as how you’re hogging them and all.

by Anonymousreply 358July 26, 2021 1:38 AM

Harry’s been working on his autobiography for a over a year. When his wife asked how it was going she saw “wuns upon a time their was a hansome prince hoo was not as thik as orl his frends sed he woz.”

A ghost-writer was hired.

by Anonymousreply 359July 26, 2021 1:53 AM

^^^^^ Either that, or Harry ran out of crayons.

by Anonymousreply 360July 26, 2021 1:54 AM

Mia got mega-famous from the Frank Sinatra marriage. Not that he got her acting jobs, it’s that she became a cultural phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 361July 26, 2021 1:59 AM

Whoops wrong thread pardon me

by Anonymousreply 362July 26, 2021 2:00 AM

Awful and incredibly stupid of them if this is true that Eugenie and Beatrice are sympathetic to Harry in relation to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363July 26, 2021 6:21 AM

The daughters of York are bound to murmur something sympathetic about Harry's position as spare because their own father was a spare.

Also, the Mirror just published this, r363:

"A senior royal reportedly told the Daily Mail: "The emotional turmoil as they wait over a year for publication is going to be torturous.

"What's really telling is even the relatives he remains closest to, like princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, are stunned by what he's up to."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364July 26, 2021 6:45 AM

I don't believe Eugenie is in their corner, despite the many claims that the York girls are. Meghan stole Eugenie's spring wedding date, tried to get the emerald tiara and then upstaged Eugenie's fall wedding by announcing her pregnancy to the family at the ceremony. Andrew was allegedly so furious that he was the rumored source of many of the early leaks about Meghan's true nature.

by Anonymousreply 365July 26, 2021 9:42 AM

Maybe they’re afraid of what Harry might say about their father.

by Anonymousreply 366July 26, 2021 12:47 PM

Well, at last Lady Lilibet Diana has been added to the LoS, so there's another conspiracy theory down the crapper.

by Anonymousreply 367July 26, 2021 12:49 PM

So they might have finally provided proof that Lilibucks came out of Meghdusa's cooch, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 368July 26, 2021 1:21 PM

There's no Lady Lilibet Diana.

There's Miss Lilibet Diana.

by Anonymousreply 369July 26, 2021 2:28 PM

r364 Well I don't know where these press reports are coming from or whos PR team but the stories seem to be in contradiction with each other. They are horrified by what he is doing but are sympathetic because people in the royal family didn't allegedly listen to him the way he wanted? Makes no sense. Perhaps the latter story originates from the Sussexes?

by Anonymousreply 370July 26, 2021 6:41 PM

Harry looks like a braying donkey in that pic at R364.

by Anonymousreply 371July 26, 2021 7:35 PM

Fergie is giving interviews right and left now. She wants some of that attention the Harkles are getting. She can whine like hell, too. Her daughters are no doubt as scummy as she and her husband are.

by Anonymousreply 372July 26, 2021 7:50 PM

The rumor for years and years was that Andy and Fergie would remarry once Philip was dead. Philip refused to be in the same room with her after the toe sucking pics. He made exceptions only near the end to attend the weddings of Euge and Bea.

Fergie and HM remained on better terms. Fergie was invited to Balmoral every summer but not on days when Philip would be in residence.

by Anonymousreply 373July 26, 2021 7:58 PM

The Queen was kind to Fergie, and it has proven to be a good strategy. Despite her many financial troubles, Fergie has never really tried to turn on the Royal Family, and has always erred in the other direction, xby fulsomely praising the Queen at every opportunity.

I actually think The Queen tried a similar strategy by trying to build a private bond with Meghan too, by accompanying her on her first Royal trips in the UK, inviting her mother to Sandringham for Xmas, etc. Unfortunately, I genuinely think Meghan is a more damaged figure than Fergie in many ways, and certainly Harry and Meghan have shown themselves to be far more vindictive.

by Anonymousreply 374July 26, 2021 8:08 PM

R374 only reason Meghan got into the royal family is because her Ma is black. Had she been a lily-white, divorced Hollywood D list actress pushing 40, the marriage would never have been approved by the Queen.

Interesting bit of gossip. Harry went to the wedding of his long-time pal Inskip in Jamaica while he and Meghan were on the outs. She showed up uninvited at the wedding. Harry has since dumped Inskip who didn't even get invited to the wedding reception of the Harkles despite being one of his closest friends. I wonder if he's going to be giving some interviews.

by Anonymousreply 375July 26, 2021 8:15 PM

There was one article that came out that I was sure was planted by the Harkles because it made no sense otherwise. About how Beatrice and Eug were feuding because Bea had announced her pregnancy on the Harkles 3rd wedding anniversary in "revenge" for the pregnancy announcement at Eugenie's wedding. Eugenie was over it and had forgiven them and loved Meghan so much she was angry at her sister for attempting a tiny pay back.

It made no sense because Bea wouldn't have bothered to take "revenge" for Eugenie if Eugenie was over it and worshipped Meghan and that's not how the BP press office works anyway.

I think they might be closer to the Yorks than other members of the family, although that's not hard, but I tend to think a lot of it is PR trying to portray them as close to someone. They also have links to the Soho House crowd. And Fergie has said a couple of times now how she loves Oprah. And is saying unwise things comparing herself to Mandela!

by Anonymousreply 376July 26, 2021 8:16 PM

Fergie saying in a recent interview that she loves everything Oprah does is not going to endear her to the Queen or the Palace courtiers. That's equivalent to giving her blessing to all of H & M's lies they told and Oprah not calling them out on them.

by Anonymousreply 377July 26, 2021 8:17 PM

Fergie is - and always has been - a moron. She was jealous as hell of Diana just as Markle is jealous of Kate.

by Anonymousreply 378July 26, 2021 8:58 PM

R376 the York girls have always seemed incredibly tight. I can't see them falling out or having a tiff over defending H&M's honor.

by Anonymousreply 379July 26, 2021 9:25 PM

Why isn't Lilibet a "lady"? Because she was born in the US?

by Anonymousreply 380July 26, 2021 11:11 PM

She could be styled Lady, R380, but her parents have declined to have her styled that way. Similar to how Lady Louise Windsor is entitled to be known as Princess Louise (of Wessex), because she's a male-line granddaughter of the sovereign, but her parents have opted against her using that title.

by Anonymousreply 381July 26, 2021 11:39 PM

R374 The Queen never invited Doria to Sandringham for Christmas, that was another tabloid story that turned out to be bullshit. And the Queen accompanied Meghan on ONE trip, just as she did Kate once in the early days. It's something she does once to show her support.

ONE. And Meghan managed to fuck that up, too, pretending she hadn't understood she was supposed to wear a hat, which was too bad, as it was one of Meghan's worst hair days ever.

Not to mention the lampshade dress.

by Anonymousreply 382July 26, 2021 11:40 PM

And then rushing to open the car door and jumping in before the elderly queen. Forget about protocol. That’s just bad manners.

by Anonymousreply 383July 26, 2021 11:43 PM

Lilibet IS technically Lady Lilibet. Just as her brother is technically Earl Dumbarton. But their parents announced when Archie was born that they didn't intend their children to use those titles. So the website actually reflects the Sussex's preferences.

They didn't like the name Dumbarton. It would be stupid to let the little girl use her title when they won't let the boy use his.

But the child IS entitled to be called Lady.

by Anonymousreply 384July 26, 2021 11:44 PM

The Harkles don’t believe in titles. Except for themselves, of course.

So woke. So real. Such an inspiration!

by Anonymousreply 385July 26, 2021 11:46 PM

[quote]And then rushing to open the car door and jumping in before the elderly queen. Forget about protocol. That’s just bad manners.

Video footage shows that HM gestured to Meghan to go ahead. She was probably full of Meghan's shit at that point and just wanted to get things over with.

by Anonymousreply 386July 26, 2021 11:59 PM

r377 Fergie is trying to have the maximum best of both worlds by riding two horses, the devoted and admiring of her majesty horse and staying well in with her showbiz and media pals in the US horse and its a tight rope fine line kind of situation and eventually trying to ride two horses catches you out and makes you look ridiculous. Her comments about Oprah whilst trying to stay close to her majesty are totally incompatible and any thinking person can see it.

by Anonymousreply 387July 27, 2021 1:10 AM

Fergie's dying to be interviewed again by Oprah. She just hates being obscure.

by Anonymousreply 388July 27, 2021 1:14 AM

We called our German Shepherd Lady. Such a sweet, loving, loyal bitch.

by Anonymousreply 389July 27, 2021 4:39 AM

Fergie is promoting a book - some kind of tame bodice ripper. That's why she's suddenly being interviewed everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 390July 27, 2021 4:42 AM

Fergie really doesn’t have much to lose as far as royal family connections.

by Anonymousreply 391July 27, 2021 12:59 PM

As screwed up as Fergie and Andrew are, the Yorks seem to be a very loving, supportive family, much more so than Charles, Camilla and the boys.

by Anonymousreply 392July 27, 2021 1:34 PM

R392, The aura emanating from the Windsors and the Cambridges is first and foremost one of duty---to country and then to each other (well, that was Charles to Diana; with Camilla he seems affectionate).

William, three kids notwithstanding, always seems either indifferent to his wife (never photographed helping her negotiate stone steps while she was pregnant, e.g.) or annoyed with her (usually sporting a clenched jaw). Any photos of the couple smiling seem affected.

But he behaves impeccably in accordance with his duty as heir, as does his father.

by Anonymousreply 393July 27, 2021 2:35 PM

R393 - oh yes, Will is so indifferent to Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394July 27, 2021 3:07 PM

So indifferent...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Will never helps Kate or touches her...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 27, 2021 3:09 PM

Clenched jaw or cheeky smile?

R393 - There are plenty of photos of Will and Kate touching each other in support, laughing, having fun together if you'd just have a look. Try again and try harder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 27, 2021 3:12 PM

That’s not fair - or correct - R392.

by Anonymousreply 398July 27, 2021 3:13 PM

Rolling eyes at R393.

by Anonymousreply 399July 27, 2021 3:15 PM

Will never touches Kate or smiles in her presence. EVER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400July 27, 2021 3:15 PM

Actually I'm surprised by how often William and Kate show affection in public. I thought that was a no-no: the Nancy Reagan holding hands in public, gazing adoringly at your spouse like he's your favorite Cocker Spaniel (Meghan appears to be channneling Nancy Reagan not Princess Di) was plebeian.

by Anonymousreply 401July 27, 2021 3:22 PM

I’m always surprised by those who say William is remote from Kate. I always think she (and their children) are the only people who break down his barriers. He usually looks so reserved and serious until they are around. In that sense, Kate seems to play the same role in his life that Phillip played in the Queen’s. They seem more human when their spouses are there.

by Anonymousreply 402July 27, 2021 3:25 PM

Perhaps I'm remembering a minority of photos. I'll sit corrected.

by Anonymousreply 403July 27, 2021 3:36 PM

Well, you just sit there, R393/R403, and think about what you’ve done.

by Anonymousreply 404July 27, 2021 4:21 PM

^LOL.

by Anonymousreply 405July 27, 2021 5:20 PM

Go sit in the corner with your dunce cap on r393.

by Anonymousreply 406July 27, 2021 6:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407July 27, 2021 8:50 PM

Harry cannot shut up and he's harming UK/US relations. He'll be brought in line not by the UK government but by the US government or get his ass kicked out. And where would he go? A Commonwealth country won't have him. He'll be stuck in Colombia or someplace.

by Anonymousreply 408July 27, 2021 8:55 PM

I don't wish this necessarily upon Harry. But if he keeps going on the way he's going - someone somewhere is going to make their displeasure known. We live in a pretty scary world with SM, and all sorts of ways and means to deal with 'lost causes'. Like I say, don't wish it but he's really treading on a few toes here. I'd have security with me 24/7 if I were the Harckles.

by Anonymousreply 409July 28, 2021 12:41 AM

R409 they do. They whine about the cost all the time.

by Anonymousreply 410July 28, 2021 12:47 AM

R409 I just watched Catch and Kill on HBO. So scary what is available for private investigators and security firms to use in gathering info on a person.

I wonder what is really known on the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 411July 28, 2021 12:54 AM

More and more I keep seeing printed Meghan's alleged comment that she and Harry are only a plane crash away from the Monarchy.

Yes, dear. it would be a simple way to remove any family from the line of succession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412July 28, 2021 9:50 AM

I disagree with Seward. I think by the time William succeeds (let's face it: even if Charles accedes at 80 he'll probably have 15 years before him, if his parents are anything to judge by) the Harkles will be long defanged. There's only so long they can milk their victimhood by the present Queen and the next King. Everyone's kids will be young adults, the Cambridge kids will be the focus of adoring press and rife with speculation about a suitable bride for George and a suitable husband for Charlotte (as you all know, I'm holding out for Prince Christian of Denmark for Charlotte). By then, the Cambridges will have morphed into the Wales', with years of blameless service to the nation behind them.

It's Charles' reign that stands to incur the most damage. It will open much sooner, and Charles will already be behind the 8 ball because of Camilla, his advanced age which will diminish a great deal of interest in him, and other troubling issues like the HRHs for the Sussex kids, the Edinburgh title for Edward, and how much the populace wish William and Kate were in Charles' and Camilla's place.

Charles has to tread very carefully as he at last inches toward the throne.

One thing that seems to have been forgotten is that when Charles becomes King (if ever he lives that long, it has to be factored in that his longevity is likely but not guaranteed), everyone in the line of succession moves up a notch until the first of William's grandchildren are born: William becomes first in line as Heir Apparent; William's kids move into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place . . . and Harry moves from 6th to 5th and his kids from 7th and 8th, to 6th and 7th.

Of course, if Charles by some fluke doesn't outlive his mother, and William accedes to the throne, the same situation arises: everyone still moves up a notch, but the Sussex kids don't get the HRH.

But really, if things follow the most obvious pattern, it will be 20 years before William becomes King. By then the Sussex bullshit will be well in the past.

It's Charles' reign the Sussex's are out to stain.

by Anonymousreply 413July 28, 2021 1:38 PM

There's no way Charles will live to be 95. He'll be lucky to make 80.

by Anonymousreply 414July 28, 2021 2:32 PM

I don't think Camilla even wants to be Queen. She might talk Charles into removing himself from the succession. She appears to be the only person he listens to.

by Anonymousreply 415July 28, 2021 4:12 PM

R415 - If Camilla understands him as well as it appears she does, she won't go there.

His mother should have abdicated for him ten years ago citing failing memory, declining energy for a full programme, something, anything, to get herself off the hook of that bloody speech she made when she turned eighteen.

Instead, she doomed Charles to a long life of high yet glaringly unfulfilled status. What is more, the length of her reign and the respect for her it engendered made it next to impossible for him to hope he can make an equally solid job of it.

It's odd, you know, part of the problem in his marriage to Diana was how she outshone him as a celebrity. He probably married Diana thinking that at last he'd be the dominant half of this Male/Female Royal Construct instead of "Prince of Wales UNTIL. . ." - and found himself emasculated by someone he outranked, 12 years younger than he, and considerably less educated.

At the time, how could he know his bloody Mum would live to be 100? And here he is again, emasculated by a mother who refuses to let go, a son who is gunning for him egged on by another powerful female influence and to whom he cannot really respond as he'd like due to the delicate balancing act of his royalty demands . . .

It's likely Camilla is the only woman who hasn't emasculated him. And because of that, I doubt very much she'd suggest he think about stepping aside for William.

I wonder, though, if Charles doing the unthinkable would take the wind out of Harry's sails? For one thing, Harry and Meghan would get a lot of blame and flack for driving poor Charles to abandon his birthright. How could they go on attacking him? And, of course, it would be the end of Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

I dunno - it might be a really dastardly play by Charles that would cripple the efforts of Harry and Meghan to destroy his reign.

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 416July 28, 2021 7:58 PM

Makes sense r416. But highly doubt Charles would go that route. It's his "destiny", everything he's been 'trained' to do, aspire to. Camilla is smart enough to stay out of that mess and let Charles drive the succession train. If anything, his (declining) health could be the determining factor behind any sort of thought of turning the keys over to William. He's in horrible shape - too much drinking, swollen in most extremities, high blood pressure, etc. Not the sprite man his father was.

by Anonymousreply 417July 28, 2021 8:41 PM

R416 - I disagree with you regarding the Queen abdicating and Charles having an unfulfilled status.

The Queen took an oath and she keeps her word. Nothing wrong with that. She didn't know she would live so long so I don't think she really has any choice. As Prince of Wales, Charles has had the freedom to do things he wouldn't be able to do as King (talk about architecture, the environment, The Prince's Trust etc...). When you're the monarch, you must remain impartial and you have stricter rules and protocol to follow.

I don't know what anyone can do about Harry and Meghan other than take their titles away. Personally, I think it's too late for that to happen. The Queen should have done it when they left and no longer were working royals. Charles is between a rock and a hard place. River on YouTube has a great take on the Queen's strategy in his newest video below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418July 28, 2021 8:42 PM

Here's a thought: Anybody who posits any scenario whatsoever of British regal abdication is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

In the DNA of Elizabeth and Charles, the "D" stands for "Duty." .

by Anonymousreply 419July 28, 2021 8:46 PM

William has said he hopes he doesn't become King until his kids are grown.

by Anonymousreply 420July 28, 2021 8:53 PM

[Quote]Instead, she doomed Charles to a long life of high yet glaringly unfulfilled status.

I copied the above to say the same as r418, only he said it more eloquently than I would have. I would add that emasculated is a harsh word. If the Queen had died at a more conventional age or died somewhat young, Charles wouldn't have been able to devote time to the causes he champions or his beloved gardening. In a sense, her longevity freed him. I would think he enjoys and feels fulfilled by this versus morning red boxes and weekly meetings with the PM. In the very least it seems like the Prince's Trust has had a real, positive impact on people's lives. How many royals can claim that.

by Anonymousreply 421July 28, 2021 9:04 PM

I don't think Charles is going to live as long as his parents. As others have said, he's looked unhealthy for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 422July 28, 2021 9:21 PM

Unlikely he said anything at all on his future reign and implicitly his father's death, r420.

by Anonymousreply 423July 28, 2021 10:12 PM

I think Harry stirring shit has affected Charles badly. They had a good relationship before. His relationship with William was much more difficult. William was very hostile to Charles about his and Camilla's treatment of his mother. Harry, unlike William, had never been used as Diana's sounding board - he was too young.

Charles felt sorry for Harry, particularly because of all the rumors Hewitt is his father and so he spoiled him more.

by Anonymousreply 424July 29, 2021 12:46 AM

Compared to his parents, Charles has not aged well. This picture is the Queen at the same age as Charles (72) and Prince Philip at 77. He started noticeably age fast before the Harry drama went down but I've noticed he's put on weight recently probably from stress over Harry and grief over Philip.

Charles' reign will be short and I suspect, baring no surprises, William will be King somewhere around 50. It's shocking to me that William in nearly 40.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425July 29, 2021 4:44 AM

The royals all live too long now, George VI died at 56 because of heavy smoking, George V died at 70 also because of smoking, Edward VII another heavy smoker was 68 at his death. We are now doomed to having increasingly elderly monarchs.

by Anonymousreply 426July 29, 2021 5:03 AM

If the "D" in the Windsor DNA stands for duty, it's a bit odd that it appeared only in Charles and the Queen but not Harry. Andrew, Edward VIII (whose parents, George V and Queen Mary, were the alpha and omega of the type).

I get the oath bit. But there is such a thing as a reassessment of reality. If she could cite a diminished capacity to do the job as she believes it should be done, I don't think it would count as breaking her word.

As it is, her obdurate clinging to the letter of the oath has ended by endangering the very thing she swore to uphold and protect.

She doomed Charles' reign and left it vulnerable to what is happening now. At this point in history, the monarchy can't afford a weak and unpopular reign. If Charles had been king before Harry met Meghan, all of this might never have happened.

With the best intentions, the Queen has made a potentially fatal mistake, in my opinion.

I'm not suggesting I believe it has the slightest chance of happening, but I do think that Charles stepping aside for William is the only way to correct the trajectory toward glaring irrelevance that 15-20 years of an unpopular and very old Sovereign would propel the monarchy toward. And that is what the Queen's blind faith in that oath has led to.

Charles' fatal mistake in his marriage was a primary factor in the tragic family drama we see playing out today. He has to take some responsibility for that. He owes the monarchy and his heir's future reign something for that monstrous error, which produced HRH Prince Mordred, Duke of Sussex.

Charles, of all people, should have remembered the end of Arthur's reign and how it came about.

by Anonymousreply 427July 29, 2021 12:07 PM

Agree, r425. I didn't refer to his weight gain because....well, we all battle with weight. lol But if you look at Charles' suits they have so much excess material (wide pant legs, wide arms) to mask the weight, heavy torso, heavy legs. Interestingly, Camilla shows the same level of physical condition as her husband. I'm not saying this properly but they have aged incredibly badly since they got married. She maybe even looks worse than him on some days. I think if you add the stress from Harry's shenanigans and anticipated future stresses from book deals, revelations, and well...it's not a good scenario overall.

by Anonymousreply 428July 29, 2021 1:15 PM

K know many people in their mid-70s who look like Charles and Camilla. I think our expectations of youthful vigour in the elderly, which is what C&C are, is vastly beyond reality. It's C&C who are more like the norm, and the Queen and Philip who are the anomalies. DNA is a random shooter. 50% of seniors have some form of dementia, yet neither the Queen nor her husband, in their nineties, exhibited any sign of it. Coronary artery disease, hypertension, the frequent onset of Type II diabetes that afflicts so many seniors, cancer . . . all of these, common to most seniors as they move through their 70s and 80s, seem to have been virtually nonexistent in the Queen, her mother, and her husband. But her sister and father weren't so fortunate (both smokers, of course), Andrew looks fat and sour, and Charles I agree doesn't look all that great.

But in that regard, Charles may simply be more representative of the rest of us than his Mum and Dad.

As I said, DNA is a random shooter, and the ugly vendetta by Charles' spiteful, enraged, disgusting younger son must have upped the emotional stress.

But Charles also has first-class medical help. He's probably checked out every 6 months, and if he's got hypertension, Type II diabetes, heart disease, he'll get all the help he needs to stay alive and functioning.

The Queen looks great for 95, but she does look 95 now, and in video footage you can see how slowly she's moving. Her speeches are prerecorded except for the opening of Parliament, and she has cut back severely on the number of engagements she can or is expected to do.

If she's moving this slowly now, can you imagine in a few years? This is ridiculous. Her mother wasn't Queen Regnant when she moved past 100. But QEII is, It's a different matter.

I still think things are ripening at an alarming rate, one way or the other, and as I've said in other posts, I would put a month's pension on this and the possibility of skipping over Charles for William having been discussed behind closed doors amongst courtiers and advisors.

by Anonymousreply 429July 29, 2021 1:31 PM

Without putting too fine a point on it, r429, it's the drinking that is doing Charles in. It's pretty obvious. If he had better lifestyles habits, I'm pretty sure he'd be looking like Phillip at that age.

by Anonymousreply 430July 29, 2021 1:40 PM

R429 - give it a rest. The Queen will do what she can as long as she can. If she becomes incapacitated, Charles will be named Prince Regent until she dies. Charles, Anne, the Cambridges and the Wessexes will be doing the heavy lifting like tours and the like. They've been following this pattern for years and it's working. Charles and his team are already running the royal estates. She's more popular than Charles and Camilla so the longer she's on the throne, the better for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 431July 29, 2021 2:03 PM

R430 - I don't know how you can know that Charles is drinking. There are myriad things that can cause reddened skin and eyes and swollen hands and feet. He's been into holistic and homeopathic medicine all his life, just like his mother. Regular afternoon cocktails and wine with dinner are common amongst his class of people, but that doesn't mean he's drinking to excess.

That he looks his age and and has been put under serious emotional pressure by that spawn of a boy he had with Diana is beyond doubt. But it doesn't follow that he's self-medicating with too much alcohol. I think it likely that Camilla would put a brake on that.

Sometimes I think the Queen's odd ability to insulate herself from personal unpleasantness (a trait she shared with her mother shared) is one of the factors that has made her age so successfully - and perhaps carry on with the job no matter what is going on at home.

But that trait is also responsible for her allowing personal situations to fester for too long.

And this is the trait that Charles obviously didn't inherit along with the "D" for Duty in his DNA.

by Anonymousreply 432July 29, 2021 2:05 PM

R431 - I'll thank you not to tell me what I can and cannot discuss here. If you read my posts attentively, you'd see that I have acknowledged it is not likely to happen.

by Anonymousreply 433July 29, 2021 2:06 PM

R433 - Question: if it's not likely to happen, why do you constantly bring it up?

by Anonymousreply 434July 29, 2021 3:20 PM

Do ya think so, Source? I wonder why? LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435July 29, 2021 3:22 PM

The Queen Mum was famously a drunk and she lived to be 102.

by Anonymousreply 436July 29, 2021 3:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437July 29, 2021 3:51 PM

For fuck's sake. I thought we'd heard the last of Fergie. The Harkles summoned her from the depths of hell to make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 438July 29, 2021 3:53 PM

r432. Just keep your eyes peeled on PC images. And make up your own mind about the drinking. It's embarrassing - and not many people own up to addictions even personally. A public figure like him, even less inclination for ownership.

by Anonymousreply 439July 29, 2021 4:40 PM

r427 I think there is a good chance that Prince Charles blood pressure will mean his mother outlives him.

by Anonymousreply 440July 29, 2021 5:35 PM

If high blood pressure is controlled with medication, a person can live a normal life span. I have two uncles in their late 70s who have both been on blood pressure meds for 50 or so years.

by Anonymousreply 441July 29, 2021 5:52 PM

r441 His beetroot colour looks really unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 442July 29, 2021 6:20 PM

Trump is also beet red when he doesn't have his orange pancake makeup on.

by Anonymousreply 443July 29, 2021 6:22 PM

And those purple lips, ugh, r443. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 444July 29, 2021 6:22 PM

Meant r442. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 445July 29, 2021 6:23 PM

Can arthritis of some form or another cause the reddened sausage fingers and toes? The swelling seems so uniform across fingers unlike the few people I've met who have the condition. The swelling usually at the joints and isn't the same across digits.

by Anonymousreply 446July 29, 2021 6:30 PM

Someone here once mentioned PC has edema or fluid retention - Causes:

Congestive heart failure. ...

Cirrhosis. ...

Kidney disease. ...

Kidney damage. ...

Weakness or damage to veins in your legs. ...

Inadequate lymphatic system. ...

Severe, long-term protein deficiency.

by Anonymousreply 447July 29, 2021 6:38 PM

R434 Since you ask, I'm interested in small human flaws that set off huge historical changes. You know, YecOlde "For want of a nail the shoe was lost" bit.

And even if Charles doesn't step aside, that doesn't mean I'm wrong about the damave6to the monarchy of his refusal to see the danger, or th hat his much revered mother, after all, put the monarchy in more danger aftet a lifetime of bribg credited with what a wonderful job she did.

I'm interested in the hidden ironies, the contradictions, the fateful crossings at which the wrong turnings are taken due to bbn blinkered participants.

This particular story is rife with these, in my opinion.

If you're only interested in sure things, by all means skip these posts.

But a brief look at what ifs in the Windsor history seems to me to justify such speculation on these threads.

I do think the monarchy has been forced to a crossroads by the Sussexes. That alone shows that huge mistakes made 25 years ago are coming home like the proverbial chickens.

Call it Diana's Revenge - like that old maxim, best served cold.

by Anonymousreply 448July 29, 2021 8:29 PM

I was wondering when the “skip Charles and install William” troll would show up.

You’re flogging a dead horse, R433.

by Anonymousreply 449July 29, 2021 9:15 PM

Charles openly likes a drink. There are numerous engagements where he pulls a pint in a "Prince of Wales" pub or tastes the local tipple. I don't know if excessive alchol his affecting him or he has other problems but there are definitely times he doesn't look healthy. Then again I have an Uncle who's the same and has managed to outlive several healthier seeming relatives of the same generation/age.

by Anonymousreply 450July 29, 2021 11:36 PM

r450 it's funny how that can happen in families. My grandfather, a heavy smoker, lived to be elderly and outlived a number of nonsmoking relatives of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 451July 29, 2021 11:50 PM

My former doctor never harassed me about my smoking. She said her brother-in-law was a non-smoker who wouldn't go anywhere near a smoker, who ranted about smokers constantly. He died of lung cancer when he was 40. Her grandfather was a tobacco farmer who was a chain smoker. He died at age 101.

by Anonymousreply 452July 30, 2021 12:13 AM

R428, How old are you?? You seem to have no conception of what it means, feels like, and looks like to be over 70 years of age, at least in the non-Showbiz world of injections and surgeries.

Charles will be 73 in November, and, given his lifelong participation in sports and healthful eating, he might very well live another 20 or more years.

by Anonymousreply 453July 30, 2021 12:46 AM

Take a look at the not much loved Princess Michael of Kent and her handsome husband, also in their 70s. Princess Michael may have had some judicious surgery but clearly there is no filler in her face. This is how rich healthy 70+people can look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454July 30, 2021 7:47 AM

Accepting a drink at a public event does not indicate an alcohol problem. The Queen is the anomaly, not Charles. He may have hypertension (if he didn't 4 years ago he sure as hell does now), he may have increased plaque in his arteries like most of the rest of people in ther 70s, etc. I'm sure he's watched carefully, medicated appropriately, and with that and his lifetime of organic foods, non-smoking, regular exercise, he's not in too bad shape.

But he IS by any measure, AN OLD MAN and he looks it. He's past the Biblical three-score and ten, and whilst he could be felled by a massive stroke at any moment, he's got as good odds as it gets barring some nasty tricks by fate.

It's his mother who is the joker in the deck. Where the fuck is all the dementia, cancer, Parkinson's, coronary artery disease, etc., that starts culling the herd as members move into their sixties, seventies, eighties. and now nineties?

I mean, what the fuck?!

by Anonymousreply 455July 30, 2021 11:33 AM

^*their 70s

by Anonymousreply 456July 30, 2021 11:35 AM

Don’t judge by youthfulness as indication of good health in older people. My mom died of lymphoma diagnosed 7 months before her death at age 64. She was a former dancer who remained physically active and fit. People did double takes when she’d ask for senior discounts all the time. This happened even a year before her death, she looked like someone in her late 40s. I remember one time waiting in line at the movies and my mom asked for senior discount ticket. One guy who was close by overhead and said out loud “senior discount?!” in disbelief.

Charles’ condition looks more like arthritis or other type of related autoimmune condition that doesn’t affect lifespan the way that cardiovascular disease or diabetes does.

by Anonymousreply 457July 30, 2021 4:47 PM

R455 The only medical issues rumoured about the Queen are bad arthritis in her knees and back, and hypertension (she's had blood vessels burst in her eye a few times). I honestly think the reason the Queen has lived so long and is in ridiculously good health (beyond good genes) is that she has always been busy, always taken exercises, eaten a low carb moderate diet, and she is not a naturally "stressed" or emotionally wrought person. There is something to be said for the stiff upper lip mentality to life. Charles is the same age as my dad and they both look about the same. Charles is aging as most men do.

by Anonymousreply 458July 30, 2021 4:56 PM

I think that one of the really bright spots in Charles' life is his grandchildren. Particularly, Louis.

There was a brief clip of the RF leaving the balcony after Trooping the Color an Charles is in the doorway, William is behind him, carrying Louis.

Louis is reaching out toward Charles and Charles has turned back to Louis and has the enormous smile on his face.

You cannot get a baby to fake that. Louis' affection for Charles was very obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459July 30, 2021 5:42 PM

I’d surmised before on past thread ling ago, that Charles has psoriatic arthritis judging by his hands. I still think that’s the case. If the Queen has arthritis then it makes it likelier that Charles has arthritis too. It tends to run in families and depending on age of diagnosis, can impair daily activities. But that’s usually the younger age of diagnosis, when I did a part of my pediatric training at a pedi rheumatology clinic we used to see the really bad cases. For older adults it tends to happen gradually, and people seek treatment after a period of time trying to compensate for it until limitation in movement and pain let them know it’s time to seek medical attention.

This is what hands with psoriatic arthritis can loon like. I’ve seen way worse in older patients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460July 30, 2021 5:45 PM

R458, that sounds like a plausible explanation for why the Queen's personality may have helped her to be so long-lived and healthy (as well good genes and healthcare, of course). I think there's a similar explanation for Prince Philip's longevity and vigour - the upheavals of his youth strengthened him and gave him bouncebackability, a bit like (lehavdil) some Holocaust survivors.

by Anonymousreply 461July 30, 2021 9:52 PM

I've noticed that too, r459.

Charles and Louis seem to have a special bond. Charles always looks happy around his grandchildren, but Louis seems to make him especially smiley, and Louis seems to always be reaching for him and is always smiling when he's with him. The two of them together are very sweet. It's nice to see.

by Anonymousreply 462August 1, 2021 5:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463August 1, 2021 5:34 AM

R463 That is a lovely picture, but I have never seen a picture of the queen hugging any of her children, ever.

by Anonymousreply 464August 1, 2021 5:47 AM

Louis was one of those very smile-y babies that everyone responded to.

by Anonymousreply 465August 1, 2021 5:48 AM

Louis is not the smiliest of the three in this video with David Attenborough, r465.

He's the most rough-and-tumble, if anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466August 1, 2021 6:20 AM

I have seen photos of HMQ cuddling her children. The one I remember most is her with Edward.

by Anonymousreply 467August 1, 2021 7:01 AM

HMQ would have been excoriated for ever being seen to cuddle too much, or smile too much, or play too much, etc etc., r467. And if you don't understand that, then you don't understand the role of the Monarchy in the Age of Media.

The Last Queen.

by Anonymousreply 468August 1, 2021 7:37 AM

It wasn’t “too much”. It was just photos.

by Anonymousreply 469August 1, 2021 11:04 AM

She seemed to be more hands on with the second two kids, which she had later in life, when she was older and knew herself better (and more secure in her career and marriage). It seems like she was cold towards the older two kids. It didn't affect Anne that much because she was a daddy's girl, and her dad doted on her. But, Charles seemed to be bullied by his father. He didn't get warmth from either parent, but it seems that his grandmother and great uncle were affectionate towards him.

by Anonymousreply 470August 1, 2021 5:29 PM

R470 - It wasn't so much knowing herself better - she came to the throne at just 25, with two children under five. Her father died at only 57. She'd hoped to have more time with the young family, but the cards didn't fall that way. She had to take on the role of Queen immediately, start touring and showing herself to the country as such, meeting with PMs every week, reading state papers every day welcoming other heads of state and government, the whole nine yards.

I think she had the two younger children because she'd been so taken up with establishing herself in her role as Queen whilst Charles and Anne were only 2 and 4, she'd missed out, that she wanted a chance to have that. By 1960, when Andrew was born, she had enough confidence in herself as Queen to set a schedule that would allow her to enjoy their young childhoods more.

It is also rumoured that Andrew was the fruit of a "renewal" period in her marriage after a bad patch, and the age gap between Andrew and the older two kids made a sibling closer in age to Andrew necessary.

But there is definitely a sense of her having had two distinct families. The 1950s and the 1960s might as well have been 25 rather than just ten years apart as far as the changed in Britain went.

Charles has never lost the faint aura of being and Edwardian at heart. No one could say that about Andrew or Edward. And Anne was always something of a law unto herself, albeit with strong support for tradition.

by Anonymousreply 471August 2, 2021 1:01 PM

^*The missed years with her two younger children is probably one reason why the Queen approved what looked like laziness in the Cambridges: she wanted to be sure William and Kate has as much time as possible to form a stable home life and relationships with their very young children before taking on what would inevitably eat into that.

Frankly, fair play to Kate and William for ignoring the criticism and putting their home life first - Kate, especially, given the criticism. She was always into motherhood, anyway, it suits her down to the ground, and she came from a close family and wanted to be sure she had one. Her real job was that, initially, and supporting William as he matured into his larger role. Being "busy" all the time was always a secondary position, and one that she can now undertake with the family firmly established.

by Anonymousreply 472August 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Is one of the four books Haz is coming out with going to be titled “The Me That Is Dumb as a Fence Post”?

by Anonymousreply 473August 7, 2021 9:46 PM

There's the book "I Can Juggle Tennis Balls Better Than My Brother".

by Anonymousreply 474August 7, 2021 11:19 PM

Boy, does this woman have their number!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475August 9, 2021 10:04 PM

R455, Did you forget about Charles's maternal grandmother?

R454, Yes, the Kents are good-looking people, but they always have been. Charles was average, born to large features.

One doesn't, however and thank goodness, need to be conventionally attractive to be long-lived.

What Prince Charles exudes to me is happiness. Whatever his needs are, he has beside him the one woman who can satisfy, tolerate, indulge, amuse, and support him. He is a man content.

And contentment aids longevity.

by Anonymousreply 476August 10, 2021 1:32 PM

R476 - What the fuck planet are you living on?! Charles may have found solace, support, and comfort in his second marriage, which certainly helps well-being. But happy? His fucking younger son is trying to destroy his father's reputation and bring down the institution his father has waited a lifetime to lead, has told deeply hurtful lies about him and the rest of the family on international media, and his daughter-in-law despite his generosity toward her is feeding his son's rage and sense of victimhood because it helps her own agenda.

It's like saying King Arthur's sense of well-being wasn't at all affected by Mordred destroying Camelot.

Charles may have a good marriage to turn to for comfort, but the idea that he's a happy man these days is spurious. A good marriage doesn't solve other family problems.

by Anonymousreply 477August 10, 2021 2:49 PM

R477 Plus, Charles must be deeply worried about his son's well being.

by Anonymousreply 478August 10, 2021 3:39 PM

I can only imagine the steps being quietly discussed to make sure Charlotte and Louis don't turn out like Harry and Andrew

by Anonymousreply 479August 10, 2021 4:33 PM

You can caption this word salad as "The WE who won't shut up".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 17, 2021 2:48 PM

bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...

by Anonymousreply 481August 17, 2021 2:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!