Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zac Efron is on his way to EGOT after his first Emmy win

First time's the charm! Zac Efron is officially an Emmy winner, and he's very excited.

The winners of the 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards announced the winners in the fiction and lifestyle fields on Sunday, and Efron took home the award for Outstanding Daytime Program Host!

The award -- which recognizes Efron's work on the Netflix docuseries Down to Earth With Zac Efron -- is the star's first Emmy, as well as his first-ever nomination.

After the win, Efron took to Instagram to celebrate the accomplishment and share his gratitude for those who make and watch his series.

"Wow! Never expected this and so grateful," Efron wrote. "A HUGE thank you to @DaytimeEmmys @netflix and our small but powerful crew, #downtoearth who made this show what it is."

"Most of all, thank all of you for watching and enjoying D2E. This is for you. ❤️" Efron added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2021 4:59 AM

And when is he gonna come out of the closet to celebrate, huh?

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2021 9:06 PM

Zac will not be winning a Tony or an Oscar. "On his way" will be derailed.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2021 10:02 PM

So tired of this closet case. When's he gonna come out? 34, childless, unmarried, not engaged, only women he's dated this past decade are professional rent-a-beard Gaylor Swiffer Duster and that other Ozie beard nobody knew, conveniently located at the very end of the globe so she can't out him. How dumb does he even think we are?

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 8:25 AM

I have never been a Zac Efron fan, but I found him very likeable in Down to Earth. I really enjoyed the series.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 9:04 AM

Allegedly, he purchased a pack of vegan condoms while in Ostrelia, which doesn't make any sense because a dude in a steady relationship as he allegedly was with that homely waitress wouldn't have needed to because she would've been on the pill. This FURTHER proves theirs was a fauxmance, which means he's not even straight, so who was the lucky dude?

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 6:56 AM

For his Tony, should he reprise his Link role in a Hairspray Broadway revival? Or if they ever do a Broadway version of the Greatest Showman, perhaps he could reprise his role in that?

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 8:10 AM

Now that's the way to be cunty. Everyone inner take a lesson from OP!

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 8:30 AM

This kid seems so harmless. Yes, I think he's closeted but I don't get the ire. I liked Down To Earth a lot too.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 8:33 AM

He is a bisexual sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 8:34 AM

OnlyFans videos are not eligible for Oscars, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 10:32 AM

[Quote] For his Tony, should he reprise his Link role in a Hairspray Broadway revival? Or if they ever do a Broadway version of the Greatest Showman, perhaps he could reprise his role in that?

A remounting of EQUUS.

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2021 6:29 PM

They should give him the Emmy for acting straight for almost 34 years.

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2021 6:33 PM

He's never been nominated for a major acting award?

by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2021 6:36 PM

Zac needs to rip off his pants and show cock!

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2021 6:46 PM

I doubt he's packing.

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2021 6:47 PM

He's never gonna come out. It's still a career killer whether people want to believe it or not. His female fans want to believe there's a chance they'll l meet him one day in the produce aisle at their local market and he'll fall madly in love with them.

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2021 6:54 PM

Promising, young talent

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2021 6:55 PM

egotistical, high maintenance narcissist

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2021 6:56 PM

How do those people ignore his drug antics, r16?

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2021 6:56 PM

I wonder if his ex-girlfriend's podcast comments were a warning shot to him.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2021 6:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2021 7:27 PM

R18 i get the opposite impression.

by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2021 12:54 PM

You think he has a small ego...?

by Anonymousreply 23August 3, 2021 12:55 PM

Low maintenance yet his longest relationship ended in his early 20s?

by Anonymousreply 24August 3, 2021 12:56 PM

R23 he doesn't strike me as high maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2021 2:41 PM

He strokes me as having a nasty temper on the quiet.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2021 2:51 PM

I'll oh, dear myself.

strikes* damnit

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2021 2:58 PM

Wow winning an Emmy is almost as good as winning a second place ribbon in the 4th grade sack race.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2021 3:01 PM

[Quote] He strokes me as having a nasty temper on the quiet.

His ex, who's an Olympian, said that his experiences in the business have given him issues, including depression. He used to berate her for always being cheerful. I guess that explains why his relationships post Hudgens are relatively brief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2021 1:13 AM

[Quote] Bro admitted moving in with Efron after the second date.

This is similar to the Aussie waitress.

by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2021 1:13 AM

[Quote] He has never laid a hand on me, but I think - because I've been an elite swimmer, I've been used to being shouted at a lot - and that's something I can not do now. He shouted a lot when he got angry and it made me really scared and I wanted to avoid that.

by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2021 1:14 AM

[Quote] She said she was home in Denmark but couldn’t reach Efron. She decided to fly to America to check on him. “At this point, we lived in two places, and I first go up to one house that he was not, then I go up to the other house, and then he opens the door, and then he says,‘ What are you doing? you here? ', and I was like,' What do you mean? ' - 'Yes, I told you not to come back?'. Then I was like, 'Sorry, what?' So my heart stopped,” she explained. Efron reportedly moved her to his other home and then never spoke to her again.

This is weird.

by Anonymousreply 32August 8, 2021 1:16 AM

A supposed insider here alleges that Zac is being blackmailed by some "powerful people in Hollywood". Who have a secret recording of him engaging in a fetish scenario with another male that they allegedly forced him against his will into participating in along with his past drug use. That they are allegedly holding over him.

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2021 2:11 AM

So, what, he's forced to make these terrible movies of his?

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote] the 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards announced the winners in the fiction and lifestyle fields on Sunday,

That's rich, given that his lifestyle IS a fiction!

by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2021 2:18 AM

Here's the source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2021 3:57 AM

Who is this again? Some Disney antique?

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2021 3:59 AM

He needs a vigorous assfucking.

And google zac effron garbage condom golf balls.

I’ll give him credit for creativity.

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2021 4:07 AM

Could this be the executive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2021 4:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!