Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 6 - Part 2 of Part 2.

The paywall is up on the other thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 25, 2021 5:12 PM

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2021 3:19 AM

Sonique got a pass because she's trans, but she was the weakest in the Pink Table talk show. She shoulda' left.

World of Wonder - World of Wokeidiocy.

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2021 5:44 PM

kylie is boring.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2021 9:49 PM

R2 I'll argue that Jan was worse than Sonique.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2021 4:58 AM

Sonique and Pandora were both boring. Pandora's runways are often either cheap or creepy or both.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2021 6:03 AM

Jan doesn't bug me because of her delusion. I can't take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2021 6:10 AM

I'm sad for Pandora because she's so concerned with what she'll look like after the season. AS1 really fucked with her.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2021 6:13 AM

What is it with all this publicity Ginger is making? Is she just spending her 30K winnings grifting? Are any other of this seasons's queens doing any of this promo?

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2021 11:34 PM

Since when is selling merchandise "grifting," R8?

She's not Tamisha Iman.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 12:54 AM

R8 they're ALL promoting shit. Ginger's just doing it better than the others, clearly she has it all planned out to maximize profits. I guess you could say the others aren't as business savvy.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 2:32 AM

r8, where have you been? 90% of the queens do the same exact thing Ginger is doing. Nothing new in the RPDR World.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 2:44 AM

I’ll be impressed when she gets into fracking. Fucking amateurs….

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 2:46 AM

I do not understand the love for Ginger, too many queens skating by. Pandora does not live up to the hype, neither does Ginger. Very strange season.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 2:50 AM

Ginger deemed the top All Star of the week (and later nabbing the $30K), despite not being on the winning team, was odd. I think the DLer in the other thread was right, it probably means she doesn't make the finals, while Eureka will.

Sonique not getting a single vote from the others was also odd, I thought she did the poorest out of the bottom 3.

I feel bad for Scarlet, but she had to have known that she wasn't going to go very far on RuPaul's show, being Pearl's drag daughter.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2021 4:18 AM

R12 no one cares about RuPaul leasing her ranch for fracking.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2021 12:26 PM

Oh dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2021 12:56 PM

How dare you make RuPaul seem less like a devil bitch, r16!

"As Wyomingites are aware, RuPaul and his husband probably have no say over whether fracking occurs on their property. The rights to minerals under a given piece of land, including fossil fuels, are owned separately from the surface rights.

“Unless you own 100% of the fossil fuel rights under your land – and the vast majority of ranches don’t – you can’t prohibit oil and gas development. You don’t have a choice,” said RuPaul’s neighbor, Jay Butler, a fourth-generation rancher and owner of the 18,000-acre Robinson Ranch. Roads and pipelines dotted with oil wells line Butler’s own ranch. “If you drive north out of Douglas, all the ranches are involved with the oil industry.”

While it might be difficult for many landowners to refuse oil and gas development on their properties outright, “negotiating with companies as opposed to just saying no often means being able to get wells and infrastructure located away from sensitive wildlife areas or other areas the landowner cares about”, said Shannon Anderson, staff attorney for the Powder River Basin Resource Council, which advocates for responsible energy development through community organizing."

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2021 5:26 PM

RuPaul's husband is FUG in real life. Ugh! I sat in front of both of them at the Ahmanson theatre.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2021 5:31 PM

Ugh, finally watched the last Untucked and it's just more of them discussing what they talked about on their talk shows.

To summarize: they're all trans now

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2021 10:01 PM

r14 Would Ru be that petty?

Or is Ru just jealous of two really stunning fishy white queens like Scarlet and Pearl?

She shouldn't be, no one can touch Ru, she's stunning, other worldly in her beauty and at her AGE!

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 12:18 AM

R21 There's some reason Ru doesn't like Scarlett that doesn't have to do with Scarlett herself. You can tell the way Ru interacted with her and how she went out of her way to avoid giving her wins, ok her season and on this Al Stars. I don't know if it's related to Pearl but that's the most obvious thing.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 3:58 AM

Scarlett is just okay.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 5:44 PM

The Jan haters are going to love the start of the episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 8:43 PM

That was no Lipstick Assassin, that was a Lipstick Alsatian.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 10:42 AM

I couldn’t stop staring at Sonique’s implants. It looks like one was sitting two inches lower than the other.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 1:58 PM

^^^ Slip slidin' away!

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 2:17 PM

Sonique's runway was dumb and boring. Hello Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 5:44 PM

Also Rajah was lame and very basic on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 5:56 PM

Kylie didn't deserve it. Ginger was clearly robbed.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 6:00 PM

Well this Episode sucked! It had all the makings for a great one; fun runway and a fun challenge. But the writing on the challenge was so bad. Really, really bad. It didn’t even make any sense. Who writes the skits?

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 7:43 PM

I love stripper whore and there have been many queens who have served it well but it can exhausting after awhile. Kylie we get it. You're a woman now. We got it. Now show us something new. I thought it was a fine episode and nothing more. I'm happy to see Manila got fatter. She's a nasty cunt on and off the show.

Does the winner choose the song they will LS against the assassin? One of Kylie's favorite sings in Xtina. Interesting side note.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 8:17 PM

The choices of top All Star of the week continue to be confusing. Trinity wins one week so she can go up against Laganja and have a memorable lip sync, when she really should have won the following week.

Here, Ginger should have won, rather than last week where she won despite not being on the winning team. And had Eureka or whomever not won last week's lip sync, the cash tip this week would have been $40K and ready for Ginger to take it. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 9:49 PM

Ginger sure has her sh!t prepared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 10:18 PM

I love it, r34!

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 10:25 PM

Why are so many trannies drawn to Wyoming?

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 10:28 PM

^ Wait? What?

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2021 12:13 AM

The Pit Stop AS6 E06 | Trixie Mattel & Peppermint

Really? Peppermint reviewing E6 when Kylie wins? Really, producers? C'mon give as a break! Ridic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2021 6:12 AM

* us a break. ^

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2021 6:22 AM

R36 There are not?

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2021 12:52 PM

Who is she talking about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 24, 2021 12:05 PM

Trinity K Bonet

by Anonymousreply 42July 24, 2021 1:21 PM

Haha, Raja is pressed. Now that she's not on All Stars of course she's going to revert to her Uber Cunt personality.

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2021 2:41 AM

Poor Jan.

by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2021 6:00 PM

Good episode. Fun season so far.

by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2021 6:15 PM

Seriously. What is the appeal of Jan?

by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2021 3:57 AM

Not much, r46.

by Anonymousreply 47July 30, 2021 4:38 AM

One thing I'm really enjoying about this season, which I really debated even watching at all when the cast was announced, is that there's no obvious pre-selected front runner this time. I still think Eureka has a big chance of winning, but she's one of the two who hasn't won a challenge yet.

by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2021 4:20 PM

I had to fast-forward through the bits where Jan and Raj'"I just want screentime!"-ah were talking. What was once a distaste for them has turned into active dislike. Their voices grate on me. Jan's faux cheerleader enthusiasm and hamming for the camera is obnoxious as all hell. Rah'jah's little quips, giant stupid glasses in confessionals, and singsonging comments that seem clearly designed to appeal to the producers are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2021 12:08 AM

r48 they're keeping the "WILL SHE WIN A CHALLENGE? WON'T SHE??" suspense going, which is why the producers keep asking them to tally how many wins each person has in front of them so they can say "Except for Eureka and Pandora, who have won NOTHING SO FAR."

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2021 12:09 AM

Jan is a theatre kid genetically spliced to Tracy Flick.

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2021 12:10 AM

r51 that's what she WANTS you to think. You know she's probably a total cunt as soon as the cameras are off.

She's also not a good actress, because her enthusiasm doesn't seem genuine. I love how her rap was all about how MUCH SHE LOVES HERSELF. Yes, we know girl, you've said it multiple times this season.

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2021 12:14 AM

R52 That's what I find so revolting about Jan.

The truly, genuinely nice people in life (NOT people pleasers), actually don't go on and on about how NICE they are!!!

by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2021 1:47 AM

Jan is dull.

by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2021 2:27 AM

Watching some past AS seasons. A lot of these queens are pretty dumb.

by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2021 12:59 PM

Loved what a shady bitch Phi Phi was off-stage in AS2, and how it bit her in the ass big time.

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2021 1:37 PM

I love how Pandora totally overshadowed Jan's later "poor me! I just don't know what the judges want! Wahhh!" cryfest by giving a pretty genuine and dramatic cryfest of her own. You could tell Jan was pissed and immediately tried to turn on the waterworks as soon as Pandora had finished her moment, but the other queens weren't having it.

Jan should clearly have been the one to go, with being in the bottom three times. I find it odd how half the team voted to get rid of her, though. Jan's fake energy and extreme self-love are closer to their vibe, I guess.

It was especially eye-rolling when Jan claimed "they got rid of me because I was the biggest threat!" Sure girl, whatever you have to tell yourself!

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2021 4:15 PM

Nina Bo'Nina IS RuPaul on The Weakest Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 1, 2021 3:34 AM

It's funny how this season just seems to have no appeal. DL doesn't even really care about it, save for a handful of people.

Even Silky has checked out.

by Anonymousreply 59August 2, 2021 4:00 PM

It wasn't silky.

by Anonymousreply 60August 2, 2021 4:14 PM

When the bitches can't be bothered to bitch about a season of RPDR, then you know it's over.

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2021 12:34 AM

Bump?

by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2021 10:56 AM

Which one do you fear for r62? The brand is so over saturated at this point that is hard to distinguish one from the other.

by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2021 11:26 AM

i love this season. it's so much better than 5.

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2021 12:35 AM

They have answered the question of

"How do you make drag queens boring?"

#allstarsseason6

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2021 1:32 AM

I'm enjoying it. I just do most of my posting about it on reddit

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2021 1:34 AM

I'm enjoying this season but I HATE that they are dragging out whatever the 'game within a game' twist is going to be. I don't think at this point they can do a reintroduction of any of the eliminated queens because it wouldn't be fair if for example Silky came back at this point, so whatever the twist is going to be it's going to be disappointing. Can only assume they are going to choose the winner/top 4 or something.

I would be happy to see Ginger win this season, but I think it will be Trinity.

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2021 8:59 AM

I love Bob the drag queen but it's clear Bob is all about Bob and his money.

He's very careful about what he chooses to put his support behind lest it interfere with $$ and he's a bit heartless in some instances.

by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2021 2:35 PM

R70 yeah I don't think Ginger will win. She's actually annoying me this season - I liked her before and still think she's amazingly talented but she's coming across as a bit obnoxious and full of herself.

I don't think Trinity should win just because she bombed the first episode talent show so badly. But there's a good chance she will. WOW has gotten really sloppy/heavy-handed with the obvious manipulation lately.

The funniest bit about the "Game within a game" meme is that you know it's probably just going to be a "one eliminated queen gets to come back" thing and it's funny how each of the contestants is doing their sad packing up routine and then Ru appears on the monitor and they get super excited and happy. You know they can't ALL come back so most will be horribly disappointed and suicidal.

Since all the season winners of RPDR (and a lot of guest judges) and All Stars have been black the past 3 years, will that be enough to squelch the cries of "racism" leveled against RuPaul? I'm guessing not.

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2021 3:09 PM

Man I felt for TKB's Snatch Game. She did look great tho, She should've studied Debra Wilson's Whitney and done a poor imitation of that. Eureka was something. Too much for me. I get it, but too much. Who knew Sonique had that in her? Agree on Ginger, she seems like an annoying know it all community theater director this season. Pandora was sad too, but I could see getting rattled by Eureka. Beyonce's mom was so sweet and a really good supportive judge.

by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2021 5:08 PM

Thanks for helping me understand what is bugging me about Ginger.

I really can't fucking stand her now and I liked her before.

by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2021 5:16 PM

She gets a little toooo pleased with herself when she has the slightest amount of power and she seems really good at making comments designed to awaken the girls "inner saboteur" . Plus Phyllis Diller didn't have a hick accent.

by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2021 5:36 PM

Back on your meds r67. What a bizarre thing to write. Make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2021 6:19 PM

Ru kind of overdid the fake laughing this last episode. Snatch game wasn’t THAT funny.

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2021 10:44 PM

I like Raja. I can't help it

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2021 10:46 PM

I like Rajah alot: interesting talking heads, seemingly just genuinely happy in the competition, and a surprisingly good Latoya Jackson.

I'm indifferent to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2021 10:48 PM

He's kind of a mini Ru out of drag. It's not just the awesome glasses.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2021 11:01 PM

What r 83 r 78 r 77?

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2021 11:21 PM

What's that, Cal?

by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2021 11:57 PM

Not surprised Pandora went home, although I didn't think she did that badly on Snatch Game, at least not compared to Trinity. She just seems so defeated and depressed this entire season.

by Anonymousreply 87August 6, 2021 12:03 AM

r68, why are you coming for me at your post at r67? I'm not that person. I hate that guy you're speaking of at r68. He fucks up every thread.

by Anonymousreply 88August 6, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote]Beyonce's mom was so sweet and a really good supportive judge.

I loved her too, and she gave us a Miss Angie Dickinson reference!

by Anonymousreply 89August 6, 2021 5:59 PM

Seems Ginger is a real cash cow. She's racked up over 50k in tips and prizes, so far. Seems Ru plans to own Ginger without giving her a crown.

Here is a candid video of Ginger during a dinner theater play she did five years ago. Always a hoot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Ginger is one of the most talented queens ever on RPDR. I know she has her haters but I love her.

by Anonymousreply 91August 6, 2021 6:16 PM

I didn't watch the whole thing r90. Did Ginger leave any of the "dinner" for the audience?

by Anonymousreply 92August 6, 2021 6:16 PM

No she choked on a chicken bone just like Momma Cass and died.

by Anonymousreply 93August 6, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote] Seems Ru plans to own Ginger without giving her a crown.

Ginger wouldn't be the first.

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]She gets a little toooo pleased with herself when she has the slightest amount of power and she seems really good at making comments designed to awaken the girls' "inner saboteur."

Yeah, Ginger has a nasty streak that she can't resist tapping into, even though she made noises about being humbled after the hate she got following her first two runs. Her Phyllis Diller was funny, but she didn't have the voice or the laugh down.

Sonique was great, but I'll bet she had help with her material. She doesn't seem sharp enough to improv that well, based on Pink Table Talk and AHS.

Pandora should be happy that she got to do a real All Stars and didn't go home early. I enjoyed her friendship with Trinity.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2021 6:24 PM

Trixie and Monique Heart are so much fun together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2021 7:20 PM

Pandora does seem to be in a weird headspace. I hope it's not a downward spiral. I get a dark feeling from her now. I have always really adored her from her first season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2021 9:04 PM

I like Pandora too.

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2021 10:30 PM

Raja and Kylie Sonique are really killing it this season compared to their first runs. True all-stars. I’m rooting for either of them to win. I like TKB but she’s been a little too flat. Eureka has been such a disappointment compared to her prior season. What’s going on with her? And Ginger just doesn’t do it for me. I’d like to see he Manilla’d.

by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2021 10:45 PM

Pandora has always been open about her depression and low self-esteem. She's a lot more upbeat in her exit interview with Michelle, like she's glad to have the pressure off.

I think she knows she's lucky she got another chance. She never really recovered from the damage she did to her career on AS1; then stories got out about her being nasty to fans and being a bad sport when she got roasted on the Battle of the Seasons tours. Then WOW fired her from her recap show without bothering to tell her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2021 11:31 PM

Pandora is always on IG/live and troll cunts are constantly coming for her. She always depressed and angry about it. It shows I think in this season. She needs to get off social media for some time.

by Anonymousreply 101August 7, 2021 1:01 AM

I’m actually losing interest in the show. Don’t love whose left and don’t hate them either. I never thought I’d say this but at least when Jan was on I could hate watch. Maybe she went too early?

by Anonymousreply 102August 7, 2021 4:44 AM

I'm getting tired of waiting around for the game within a game.

by Anonymousreply 103August 7, 2021 5:02 AM

R88 the other guy that fucks up these threads is the person who goes into an insane rage whenever anyone disagrees with him in the slightest way, and then F&Fs their posts into oblivion by abusing the buggy F&F system. Of course, he doesn't seem to realize that two can play that game and that he should be careful who he picks fights with.

by Anonymousreply 104August 7, 2021 10:15 AM

R 88 why do you assume I'm "coming for you" at all? I was saying that both seasons were shit. Don't get twisted over it.

by Anonymousreply 105August 7, 2021 10:26 AM

R103 Same. How many seasons have featured versions of this? They're playing it for drama, but I can only assume it's not going to be that revolutionary or innovative. It seems like half of all Drag Race seasons have brought back eliminated people already, yet they are using the concept to build suspense, and it's hard for me to buy into. It will need to be a major departure for me to feel like the teasing paid off, like spinning off all the eliminated contestants into an immediate spinoff show that names another winner or something. Anything short of that will be the same old thing with a new tease that has gotten old already.

by Anonymousreply 106August 7, 2021 10:34 AM

Agreed, r106, it needs to be a major surprise or the fans will be Pissed.

TBH I have gotten bored with Drag Race the past few seasons as there are less and less queens on the board, to the point where I haven't bothered to watch the finale since I don't care who wins by that point.

As they eliminate queens, Untucked gets boring, too, so it's killing both shows. Untucked becomes a kum-ba-yah fest with the queens talking about Serious Issues and saying how much they love each other.

The producers/RuPaul have been super heavy-handed in rigging the show the past several seasons across all Drag Races. They're getting sloppier/lazier with the editing and just think the viewers are total idiots and won't notice.

It was most starkly shown on the last season where Ru kept Kandi Muse and GottMik way past their expiration dates. Just inexplicable judging, flimsy reasoning, and bad editing.

by Anonymousreply 107August 7, 2021 10:44 AM

Yep, the rigging is killing the show. I cannot understand why they do it except that such a focus on raking in cash through tours and Vegas makes me think they use some formula for song-and-dance types that they believe will sell well in perpetuity.

All the best moments of the competition part of the show have been when expectations have been overturned because of talent. For example, I just rewatched an old episode on which a whole team performed terribly, RuPaul was really annoyed, and then both of the people in the bottom put in really impressive performances (no way they were rigged) and RuPaul saved them both and told everyone else that that is the commitment he expects to see. It very clearly was not a prearranged double save for the sake of the seasonlong narrative. The contestants just did very well to the point kicking one off would have been folly.

Early seasons were so good. Recent seasons have been so clearly scripted and EVERYONE hates it except the Television Academy, which keeps giving RuPaul Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 108August 7, 2021 11:03 AM

The twist is a sing off and Eureka wins to go into final four. Has nobody been reading this thread?

by Anonymousreply 109August 7, 2021 11:34 AM

R108 the recent seasons have had a lot of Ru including lots of Emmy-worthy challenges where she tries to turn the queens into role models by discussing real life issues. It's already happened twice this All Stars season.

Of course, that isn't entertaining. That's what Ru seems to have forgotten. The show is supposed to be entertaining. It isn't entertaining when it's obviously rigged or when it's being set up obviously for an emotional reaction.

by Anonymousreply 110August 7, 2021 11:42 AM

R109 I think we are trying to avoid spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 111August 7, 2021 11:44 AM

R110 Jan is despised and was eliminated for having an insistently sunny personality and not claiming to be haunted by personal traumas. "Trauma" is outpacing "talent" as the show's real "t."

by Anonymousreply 112August 7, 2021 11:45 AM

R111 R109 prefers to be an asshole who feigns ignorance of the whole concept of spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 113August 7, 2021 11:46 AM

This show seem rigged to me. It seem like Ru has set up all these queens like chess pieces and is shifting them around herself. She has a winner, already. I don't think a fat queen will win, but since Ginger has been so good to Ru, she now has over 50k in money and prizes. Just seeing how Ginger was set up to win the money, make me think Ru has this whole thing choreographed from beginning to end. And, the thing about it is that it appears that Ru has little blood on her hands, because she makes no final decision.

by Anonymousreply 114August 7, 2021 11:54 AM

R112 exactly. The thing that's funny is that Jan CLEARLY has some significant psychological issues. She just wasn't unpacking them for the camera like Ru wanted. Jan has been acting the entire time. I admire her dedication to that, at least.

by Anonymousreply 115August 7, 2021 11:55 AM

R114 yeah the main reason I think Ginger won't win is because she's gotten so much money already, which seems intentional.

I don't think she will win any more lip synchs.

It's notable that they are giving the queens a lot more money and prizes overall through advertiser arrangements. They just don't seem to want to increase the main prize, which really should be $250k by this point.

by Anonymousreply 116August 7, 2021 11:58 AM

Kylie Sonique seems like a lock to win and I have no problem with it at all. She really did embody Jessica Lange and her Dolly Parton was the best impersonation on Drag Race. It was expert level. I paused several times and just stared for a minute at her face because even the way she moved her mouth looked like Dolly Parton. Her accent was a little off but the improvised one liners were so good that it seemed like it could have been rehearsed and preplanned. I am impressed with her this season.

I do actually wish that a "big girl" would win. I think both Ginger and Eureka would have been deserving winners in their respective seasons, and it seems like RuPaul is pathologically resistant to giving a heavy contestant the prize, whereas he has awarded or at least advanced several undeserving skinny ones who present as pretty and have nothing going on. Ginger and Eureka both check all the boxes for charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent and both are really fun to watch.

I do love Trinity, but I think Trinity is outmatched by the competition this season.

If there are any diversity pressures, it is interesting that it's coming down to black, overweight and a transgender contestant. And since there are only a couple of outstanding trans contestants to compare, I thought Gottmik was very talented but something about her personality is overeager and offputting, and by comparison, I think Kylie Sonique is much more interesting and dynamic both as a performer and as herself. She's so good that I notice people are not complaining she's being advanced to appease the trans community. She just deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 117August 7, 2021 12:53 PM

The mouth and eyes just absolutely capture Dolly, as does the spirit of the delivery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 7, 2021 12:54 PM

[quote] Ginger and Eureka both check all the boxes for charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent and both are really fun to watch.

Perhaps, we can have another double crowning. FAT girls. Two TONS of FUN!

by Anonymousreply 119August 7, 2021 1:24 PM

The debunked spoilers I heard about the game within the game were far more interesting. The second week of eliminations, the girl who went home that night would have to lip sync against the girl who went home the previous week. The winner of that lip sync would have to go against the girl who got eliminated the following week and so on and so forth until the final week where it could’ve been a girl who went home first but was great at lip syncing or someone who had just gone home. Kind of Redemption Island for Survivor fans.

I would’ve much rather had that than whatever this lukewarm shit is. And it’s happening way too late. Imagine if it goes to someone who hasn’t been in the past ten episodes? At least with Redemption Island they had to do something to earn their keep.

Also why was 5 the only modern All Stars without a comeback challenge? It really could’ve used the drama of Derrick being confrontational when it had turned into a boring coronation party for overrated Shea Coulee.

by Anonymousreply 120August 7, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote] It really could’ve used the drama of Derrick being confrontational

UGH. God no.

by Anonymousreply 121August 7, 2021 2:14 PM

R117 Gottmik was off-putting and overeager because she is a straight woman who spent all her life wanting to be a gay man and a drag queen. It's unsettling and weird. She's a f*g hag who took it too far.

I think the fact that practically every Drag Race contestant is "gender fluid" or trans or formerly trans now (nonbinary included) really puts a spotlight on how much of a social trend this is. Femme guys and butch women used to be femme guys and butch women. Now they're not gay (ew!), they're REALLY straight women and men (yay!).

Kylie Sonique is definitely being pushed as the winner - the producers' machinations have been obvious with things like that terribly-written acting challenge where Michelle Visage showed her exactly what she should be doing, and then she got really over the top praise from the judges for being the finest actor in a generation or some bullshit.

I do think it's kind of unfair that Kylie, like Gottmik, has depended heavily on designs and outfits that emphasize her body and the fact that they don't need to wear padding because they've already surgically installed it. It's much further than some of the queens getting butt implants and cheek filler.

by Anonymousreply 122August 7, 2021 2:49 PM

Kylie rocked it on S2. She’s adult basically Southern trash. But so am I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 7, 2021 3:48 PM

r112 sitting through more Jan IS trauma.

by Anonymousreply 124August 7, 2021 5:14 PM

I was just watching the Drag Detective on the demise of Jan - sounds like even though she was a fan favorite from her season, All Stars 6 has actually damaged her reputation quite a bit. She's now seen as delusional and full of herself, as well as fake and thinking others are not intelligent enough to see through it. She probably would have been wise to avoid coming back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 7, 2021 5:22 PM

Im still loving this season, with the exception of that horrible AHS skit. And props to Kylie, for showing that an early out, early season Queen can do great on All Stars. She could really open the doors for a lot of other queens to come back.

by Anonymousreply 126August 7, 2021 5:34 PM

It always seems condescending every season when they have an early queen come back they feature other contestants saying that the queen from the early season(s) "surprised" them by showing progress/something modern.

Even with Tatiana, like she was Methuselah or something.

by Anonymousreply 127August 7, 2021 5:48 PM

{Quote] R 88 why do you assume I'm "coming for you" at all? I was saying that both seasons were shit. Don't get twisted over it.

Why? Because you came for me in 3 replies in this thread. The first one was right out of the blue? I hadn't even said a word to you. Why you started it I have no idea and right now I no longer care. At this point I have no intention in continuing this conversation with you.

Yes, I know about that asshole because I've gotten into countless fights with him on the RPDR threads. Thank god he doesn't come here and stays at the thread behind the paywall.

by Anonymousreply 128August 7, 2021 5:51 PM

[Quote] R 88 why do you assume I'm "coming for you" at all? I was saying that both seasons were shit. Don't get twisted over it.

Why? Because you came for me in 3 replies in this thread. The first one was right out of the blue? I hadn't even said a word to you. Why you started it I have no idea and right now I no longer care. At this point I have no intention in continuing this conversation with you.

Yes, I know about that asshole because I've gotten into countless fights with him on the RPDR threads. Thank god he doesn't come here and stays at the thread behind the paywall.

by Anonymousreply 129August 7, 2021 5:52 PM

Kylie has been good { and tbh has been helped } but she in not as talented as Ginger. No way! Ginger deserves the crown at this point. Even without a win so far Eureka could pull off a crown for this season. I'd be great with that too.

by Anonymousreply 130August 7, 2021 5:59 PM

That really is a stupid convention. The production was cheaper back then, but the people were no less talented.

by Anonymousreply 131August 7, 2021 6:02 PM

I'd rather see Eureka win. She's a great ambassador for the RPDR brand and for the gay community. She's big, white, Southern, gay and already doing some community service on that show "We're Here" with Bob the drag queen and Shangela.

I think she's a perfect mix of a queen with talent, good runway and likability. I really do want a big queen to finally snatch the crown and I feel she's more deserving than Ginger.

by Anonymousreply 132August 7, 2021 6:06 PM

Everyone piling on Jan and Ginger this season annoys me. They can both be a little annoying, but they're not terrible people and everyone is treating them like total pariahs for reasons I don't get. It's fucked up. When did being irritatingly overly eager start getting people as reviled as someone who is truly loathsome?

by Anonymousreply 133August 7, 2021 6:11 PM

Agree r133. Jan is totally harmless and she was never going to win but she means well. People are still triggered by Ginger and her horrible production fuck over edit on S7. It's exhausting. Some are really slow. Everyone deserves redemption including Ginger.

by Anonymousreply 134August 7, 2021 6:18 PM

R133 I don't like Jan and think she's too mannish in drag to be a drag queen (like Rosé, I think it's the jawline) but I don't revile her. I also think she's getting a "Jan is deluded and full of herself" edit. Ginger is good but she isn't getting the best edit this season in that they're leaving in a lot of her little asides and bon mots that are making her tiresome.

The season doesn't really have a villain, which I think has been the issue with a lot of the All Stars seasons.

I do wish Eureka would just win. Both Ginger and Eureka aren't going to get it, but I think Eureka is loads more polished in her drag (Ginger just does not have a good sense of style and proportion), and she can dance and lip sync.

I think it'll be down to Eureka and Sonique, and it will depend on whoever the fan favorite is.

by Anonymousreply 135August 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Adore Delano claimed on Instagram Live before the season premiere that she got invited back for AS6 but backed out because WOW wouldn't approve what she wanted to do for the talent show. Reddit is speculating that Ginger was her replacement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 7, 2021 9:07 PM

I don't think Ginger is anybody's sloppy seconds.

by Anonymousreply 137August 7, 2021 10:57 PM

[Quote] That really is a stupid convention. The production was cheaper back then, but the people were no less talented.

What?

by Anonymousreply 138August 7, 2021 11:10 PM

Latest Pit Stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 8, 2021 4:30 AM

Kylie isn't really all that talented. She's just busy trying to act like a woman

by Anonymousreply 140August 8, 2021 8:57 AM

Kylie is being graded on such a curve I’m surprised she hasn’t fallen off it. Is she better than she was on season two? Yes but she also showed zero talent or charisma aside from a few stripper backflips. Her “excelling” at Snatch Game was basically throwing out a few pre-written jokes and not doing her brain dead fake Gwen Stefani voice. Such an admirable achievement. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 141August 8, 2021 9:48 AM

Add me to the list of people who find Ginger annoying this time around. I think she'd be "better" if she wasn't so self-satisfied. Every time she makes a joke she has a moronic look on her face, you can tell she's thinking "I made a funny!!!" I don't think her Phyllis Diller was all that great! Why did Ginger make a FAT JOKE as Phyllis Diller?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 8, 2021 12:24 PM

[quote] Why did Ginger make a FAT JOKE as Phyllis Diller?

r142 Lighten up. Fat people are still allowed to make fun of fat people, I think. Or, have they been cancelled, too?

by Anonymousreply 143August 8, 2021 1:37 PM

R143 I think the point of the question is that Ginger was playing ginger more than he was playing Diller. Which I think is OK and even smart to do since he didn't really look anything at all like Diller—so instead of making the jokes she would make about her appearance, Ginger applied the logic of Diller's comedy to Ginger's own appearance.

But let's be honest: Ginger did not look or sound anything at all like Phyllis Diller. Diller wasn't obese, had a long nose and didn't have a southern drawl. In the past, contestants have been excoriated for not sounding anything like the celebs they impersonated but this time Ginger got away with it just because Ginger has a quick wit.

by Anonymousreply 144August 8, 2021 1:45 PM

Damn, the musical theatre white kids are freaking the hell out claiming Jan was robbed and her reputation destroyed due to the show. They claim she was a beloved cast member from season 12 who was made into the villain on this show.

They kind of freaked out this way about Rose as well last season. So pathetic seeing all these Rachel Berry wannabe types. Queens like Rose and Jan come off as if they failed at their real passions and settled for being drag queens. They’re “perfect” at everything but have zero appeal as they are not unique but a dime a dozen.

by Anonymousreply 145August 8, 2021 1:49 PM

Everyone stop the presses!!

I can’t believe that after 19 seasons of this show and over 20 years of reality tv in general, there’s still viewers who are shocked that a reality tv show is rigged!

You guys are so observant!

by Anonymousreply 146August 8, 2021 1:58 PM

Im so annoyed at that fucker who put a massive spoiler in here last night, is it gone? can I proceed to read the thread.

by Anonymousreply 147August 8, 2021 2:42 PM

R141 yeah, she just has no personality. I think her "journey" to trans was a substitute for that, but it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 148August 8, 2021 3:03 PM

R146 what are you on about? The issue people have isn't with the rigging, it's with it being so obvious/clumsily done. It implies that the producers think the viewers are idiots. It's insulting as well as bad and lazy entertainment, and frankly, I won't stand for it!

(You seem to also think your fellow posters are idiots, since you think THAT is what we were complaining about).

by Anonymousreply 149August 8, 2021 3:07 PM

r144 what is the point of Snatch Game of people can just do themselves and win, that makes it a pointless game. Ginger should have been read for that performance but because she's funny in real life, she got a pass.

by Anonymousreply 150August 8, 2021 3:10 PM

I agree, she didn't look or sound anything like Phyllis Duller. I don't think Sonique sounded like Dolly at all, she has that same monotone blah voice she had when she was pretending to be the Grand High Witch.

The only reason everyone thinks they did the best is because of the editing and Ru's WAY over the top laughter. I think they did well, but there were clear issues that could have thrown it a different way.

I think Pandora's Samantha (or Kim Cattral 🙄) probably had some funnier moments but she got 0 Ru laughs. The only one who didn't get any.

Also Ra'Jah was bad and her runway was the worst of the night.

by Anonymousreply 151August 8, 2021 3:16 PM

Pandora’s Samantha was done well but all the jokes were so dated….. I could’ve see her being in the top a few years back but today? She came off as cliche.

by Anonymousreply 152August 8, 2021 3:19 PM

Phyllis Diller always made fat jokes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 8, 2021 3:20 PM

R152 dated?! The entire show is nothing but ancient one liners from movies and television.

Yes, for those of us who watched Sex and the City, they're old. But so are the rest of the jokes that Ru and the others laugh their asses off over. It's bizarre to me how the references to Mommy Dearest aren't met with eye rolls every time. Like, they are funny sporadically, but they're way overused and frankly I've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 154August 8, 2021 3:37 PM

Oh, and the overused, stale humor is a RuPaul trademark. She's even said it many times on the show - go for the easiest, the lowest bar. Don't worry about being creative.

That's why her songs have rote lyrics that sound like they were written by a 16 year old, because it's much easier and faster to rhyme *he's such a bore" with "show him the door" than it is to do anything that will be memorable or stand on its own.

That's Ru's m.o.

by Anonymousreply 155August 8, 2021 3:42 PM

I actually really like Ginger, she's funny and entertaining to watch. Kind of over Kylie, she reminds me of Goldie Hawn (super old and strung out). Can't stand Eureka, and Pandora needs her balls back!

by Anonymousreply 156August 8, 2021 3:45 PM

Most of Ru's latest songs are her catchphrases. I blame Todrick, for suggesting, "Bring Back My Girls' as a song.

by Anonymousreply 157August 8, 2021 4:38 PM

The Ginger pusher on this thread needs to give it a rest. Compared to some of the stars that have come from the older seasons, Ginger is really mediocre. And she’s the closest to a villain that they are giving us this season.

So there.

by Anonymousreply 158August 8, 2021 4:41 PM

Ginger is fine. She sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 159August 8, 2021 4:51 PM

R153 You do realize that none of those jokes are about Phyllis Diller, herself, being fat? Which is what Ginger did. Ginger was just herself in a Phyllis Diller costume, it wasn’t an impersonation.

by Anonymousreply 160August 8, 2021 4:58 PM

R155 Least common denominator sells best because, by formula, it relates to the most. It's why trite pop songs and lame sitcoms and gross-out comedies and mindless summer blockbusters sell the most and become the most popular entertainment even when most agree they're never the best entertainment. It's just commonality.

RuPaul was always very clear on his podcast that he does drag and everything drag related for the money. More mainstream, more money. So the show has become watered down, more slick and less creative as it has gone on, and what's the result? A global franchise and lots of Emmy awards for making the show more mindless and less interesting than ever.

Remember, RuPaul at one point tried to become a chocolate bar mogul, seriously hawking a chocolate bar (?!) with his name and face on it throughout an entire season just like Trump did on the Apprentice with meat, water, etc.

A friend of mine who is an economist and works in energy development told me a long time ago, "if you want to become filthy rich, forget luxury. Sell soap. Cheap to make, everyone needs it. Impossible to get into the market but if you can create better, more innovative soap and sell it cheap, the poorest and the richest and every business will buy it. Even the poorest people in India spend what little they have on it."

So Ru is just growing his business, diversifying, watering down, and creating any spinoff thing that will make him a buck. The biggest cash cows are obvious—the TV franchises and the music—but also less obvious: the contestants. He/WOW own them all. He really has made a study of the history of entertainment. He's running his own modern-day Motown/Hollywood studio system model.

by Anonymousreply 161August 8, 2021 5:15 PM

“Push Stars” of the RPDR Franchise! Do you remember that other thread? I think the concept also applies here. Let’s name them!

-Ginger -Kandy Muse -GotMik

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 162August 8, 2021 5:26 PM

Not me…

by Anonymousreply 163August 8, 2021 5:32 PM

Ginger is a boring villain. Next.

by Anonymousreply 164August 8, 2021 5:36 PM

[Quote] Ginger is a boring villain. Next.

That's because she's not really a "villain" but people crave for one. She doesn't have it takes, IMO. True villains are the Heather, Rolaskatox, Phi Phi, Kandy, Raven, Tyra, Betty and Vix. There's more but I can't think of them.

by Anonymousreply 165August 8, 2021 6:01 PM

* Heathers

by Anonymousreply 166August 8, 2021 6:05 PM

[comment] Ginger is really mediocre. And she’s the closest to a villain that they are giving us this season.

r158 Oh, honey! She can do that, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 8, 2021 8:33 PM

I don’t find Ginger annoying but I do think her spot should have been filled by someone more deserving.

by Anonymousreply 168August 8, 2021 9:47 PM

^^^^ So says Pork Chop

by Anonymousreply 169August 8, 2021 11:29 PM

R169 Porkchop would be a more worthwhile contestant than Ginger Minj.

by Anonymousreply 170August 8, 2021 11:49 PM

R161 yes, yes, it's pretty obvious why he's doing it that way, although that's one way to become a success story it's not the only one, just the easiest. Appeal to the lowest common denominator. But that isn't art. It's destroying actual real culture by how widespread it is.

Ru has marketed many things, among them chocolate bars, most commonly mass produced pop songs, but none of them are good.

He's impressive if you are the type who is impressed by success. But he's done it by draining the blood from drag and replacing it with formaldehyde.

by Anonymousreply 171August 9, 2021 3:29 AM

One thing Pandora said stood out - she was so afraid to offend people and get cancelled that she ended up not saying anything at all. Comedy itself has been in the headlights for awhile now because someone, somewhere, will get offended. I'm guessing she also had her own experience with being cancelled or saw it happen to someone she knows.

by Anonymousreply 172August 9, 2021 3:31 AM

It's kind of silly to say that Ginger isn't talented or worthy of being there. She is. She has the chops, and she's far better at several things (acting, comedy, lip syncs, etc.) than most of the queens. It's a mystery to me that she hasn't made more of an effort to improve the places where she falls REALLY short (no pun intended) such as her outfits, makeup, dancing, etc.

I haven't even gotten the impression she's tried to improve those things. Which makes me think her ego is getting in the way.

by Anonymousreply 173August 9, 2021 3:34 AM

I don't believe that Ru set out to water it down or appeal to the lowest common denominator but moving from the gay channel (I can't even remember the name) to VH1 exposed it to a wider audience which required it to be watered down. Suddenly a bunch of kids and their parents are watching and Ru is not the only deciding vote in it. He's got two or three other people that help decide the direction of things.

by Anonymousreply 174August 9, 2021 4:01 AM

[quote]I'm guessing she also had her own experience with being cancelled or saw it happen to someone she knows.

Pandora was the first Drag Race queen with a big fan base and mainstream media buzz (Entertainment Weekly raved about her and called her "The Susan Lucci of Drag" after she sashayed in S2). Then everybody turned on her after she acted like a spoiled brat on AS1. Then Reddit happened and people started posting stories of unpleasant encounters with her at meet-and-greets and club gigs. On top of all that, her brand of humor didn't age well and fans let her know she was an unfunny "cringe queen."

by Anonymousreply 175August 9, 2021 4:03 AM

Pandora Boxx has been a walking punchline from other RPDR alumni for years now, for being a comedy queen who isn't that funny.

"I asked Pandora Boxx to write me a joke.... I'm just kidding, I didn't ask Pandora to write me a joke." -Alaska

"There's funny and then there's Pandora Boxx, okay?" -Trixie Mattel

by Anonymousreply 176August 9, 2021 4:43 AM

Totally r173. It's completely ridiculous nonsense people are say about Ginger.

I personally think her bad style is her style. It's not what I consider nice looking but she's a campy queen with odd taste in clothing. Okay fine. On S7 she showed some beautiful dresses especially her white beaded dress on the last episode before the finale. She can do lovely but I don't think that's her thing.

by Anonymousreply 177August 9, 2021 5:49 AM

[quote] What is it with all this publicity Ginger is making? Is she just spending her 30K winnings grifting? Are any other of this seasons's queens doing any of this promo?

Oh, honey! Haven't you been counting? Ginger is well over 50K in tips and Ru's cash cow is still milking!

by Anonymousreply 178August 9, 2021 2:01 PM

I saw Ginger 15 years ago, as a man, play Toby in Sweeney Todd in the hometown he grew up in. Even back them he was marvelous.

by Anonymousreply 179August 9, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote] It's a mystery to me that she hasn't made more of an effort to improve the places where she falls REALLY short (no pun intended) such as her outfits, makeup, dancing, etc.

You may remember Michelle complimenting Ginger only 2-3 shows ago saying, "Ginger, your makeup looks fantastic. Don't change a thing!"

That being said, it is hard to dress sexy when you are build like a mini-Chrissy Metz!

by Anonymousreply 180August 9, 2021 2:16 PM

R180 she was complimenting her for that one episode because prior to that it looked bad. She was telling her to not change it from that because it looked good for once. Did she listen?

by Anonymousreply 181August 9, 2021 3:04 PM

^^^^^ Apparently, she WON! BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 182August 9, 2021 4:16 PM

R182 you seem "special".

by Anonymousreply 183August 9, 2021 11:25 PM

Take your spoilers and your trashy wardrobe, and get back on the bus to West Virginia R182. Uncle Daddy misses you.

by Anonymousreply 184August 10, 2021 12:55 PM

r182 I can beleive that I mean I could win too if you gave me 30 chances.

by Anonymousreply 185August 10, 2021 1:12 PM

No one knows who "won". That can change right up to the last minute, as with Trinity and Monet.

by Anonymousreply 186August 10, 2021 3:17 PM

Yep, they always film multiple endings with each finalist winning and wait to see how each queen is received at the end.

by Anonymousreply 187August 10, 2021 4:03 PM

I'm watching episodes from Yvie Oddly's season now. I know everyone hates her. I liked her as a contestant and thought she deserved to win. On a rewatch, I'm surprised by how infrequently Yvie even made it to the top few during the season. It seems like Brooke Lynn Heights is RuPaul's far and away favorite, but I didn't like her much the first time around and I don't this time, either. The twirling and walking on pointe is fine but he just seems really smug and arrogant. Yvie, Vangie and Nina West are my favorite personalities from that season. (I'm sorry, Silky. I know you sometimes read this site. You were good but you seemed to have a vendetta against Yvie, even after she apologized sincerely to you and told you she sees your talent, and it rubs me the wrong way.)

by Anonymousreply 188August 10, 2021 4:14 PM

I think everyone on that season was hated, lol. Prob the worst of the modern seasons. Would’ve been better if they had rigged it all the way for Vangie though.

by Anonymousreply 189August 10, 2021 4:32 PM

R189 I don't see anything hatable about Vangie aside from hating the annoying "Miss Vangie, Miss Vaaangie" memes that took over between his two seasons. Vangie seems totally sweet and lovable to me, and the Cookie Monster voice is so weird and endearing in its weird way.

I disgree about it being the worst season. Down Under is the worst of all by a mile, but lately all the recent seasons have been boring me except España. I'm sure part of it is just fatigue from the show never being off the air and the same formula being applied to all of them with a too-heavy emphasis on annoying song and dance numbers.

by Anonymousreply 190August 10, 2021 4:41 PM

Look Barbie just released a Kandi Muse Doll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 10, 2021 4:54 PM

Not unless they also mixed it with a Stretch Armstrong and that photo is of it stretched to the limit, R191.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 10, 2021 4:59 PM

R191 That ain't nothin'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 10, 2021 5:34 PM

r191 she's far too thin to be short and dumpy Kandi. Also that hairstyle isn't unique to her.

by Anonymousreply 194August 11, 2021 1:13 AM

They could easily have rigged the season for Vangie. The judging complaints were tiresome because they were so repetitive. "It's the SAME OUTFIT even though it's gorgeous! Safe!"

Like at least pick on something different.

I think Brooke Lynn Hytes is personality-free. She does seem smug, and I still have no idea why she was hosting Canada's Drag Race. She was a terrible judge (although not as bad as Jeffrey Boyer-Chapman) and she didn't even seem to make an effort to wear interesting or nice drag outfits each episode. I think Ru wanted to give her the crown but realized everyone hated Brooke so she settled on Yvie. They'd set Vangie up not to win with the repetitive critiques from Michelle (normally I enjoy her critiques, but she was really irritating that season), so they couldn't award it to her by that point.

by Anonymousreply 195August 11, 2021 1:18 AM

Ginger does not seem to be getting the "winner" edit.

I'm actually thinking Eureka might not get it either. She seems like she's in the background this season.

by Anonymousreply 196August 11, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote]She seems like she's in the background this season.

She's big enough to be the background.

by Anonymousreply 197August 11, 2021 1:31 AM

Did Kylie say she got her outfit from Gaga?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 11, 2021 1:37 AM

Yeah she said it's the SAME OUTFIT worn by Gaga. Which means Kylie's mangina and Lady Gaga's penis have mixed fluids (you can never really wash them out).

by Anonymousreply 199August 11, 2021 1:40 AM

Many queens are personal friends with music stars so it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 200August 11, 2021 1:44 AM

Sonique also has been wearing things from Willam's famous closet.

Willam's clothes and accessories have appeared on many of this all-stars season's queens. He loves sticking it to RuPaul any way he can, even in little ways.

by Anonymousreply 201August 11, 2021 2:04 AM

How is that sticking it to RuPaul?

by Anonymousreply 202August 11, 2021 2:12 AM

I liked Brooke Lynn and completely expected her to reach the finals, but I recall that I wasn't thrilled with any of her three challenge wins. Her week 1 win I'd have given to A'Keria, her Halloween Ball win I'd have given to Scarlet (her not even being in the top 3 was one of the earliest indicators that Pearl's drag daughter was going to be shafted on RuPaul's show), and her makeover win absolutely should have gone to Vanjie, especially if they were going to send Vanjie home the following week.

by Anonymousreply 203August 11, 2021 2:16 AM

They did a buzz feed with Willam and Alaska. "What was the last thing you said to RuPaul? Willaim - "Fuck you,"

by Anonymousreply 204August 11, 2021 2:20 AM

I have never understood the appeal of Willam.

by Anonymousreply 205August 11, 2021 2:41 AM

R201: "Willam's clothes and accessories have appeared on many of this all-stars season's queens. He loves sticking it to RuPaul any way he can, even in little ways."

It's the other way around. RuPaul is saying "Your clothes are good enough to be on Drag Race. But you aren't."

by Anonymousreply 206August 11, 2021 10:09 AM

r206 He was good enough to ask back for AS1. Other things found out on the buzz feed. Willam was told he would be top three, probably the Phiphi role but would not win, by the producer he was fucking, Stephen Corfe.

by Anonymousreply 207August 11, 2021 1:14 PM

Willam is all hat, no cattle.

He wasn't on AS1. I know he has a story about it, but I don't think he's ever shown receipts.

Same for the "I was fucking the producer" urban legend.

If you got receipts, show them.

by Anonymousreply 208August 11, 2021 2:36 PM

r208 PhiPhi backed up his story, was asked back for AS1 but did not clear. the Teams concept was no surprise, he and Willam were going to be teamed up. The show is heavily produced. I mean do you really think they would bring back Mimi and Pandora?

by Anonymousreply 209August 11, 2021 2:52 PM

I don't believe anything PhiPhi says.

by Anonymousreply 210August 11, 2021 4:52 PM

Willam always insisted on high end women's makeup and never understood you need Mayron style greasepaint spatualed on clown style with an orange base to disguise your beard.

by Anonymousreply 211August 11, 2021 5:01 PM

Willam definitely looks like a NYC street hooker in drag. It's not drag makeup. Shocked he hasn't claimed to be trans.

by Anonymousreply 212August 11, 2021 5:06 PM

No one fucking cares, do they?

by Anonymousreply 213August 13, 2021 12:59 AM

It was an awful episode, its the first episode this season I only skim watched. I really couldn't tell who was going to win the episode from the critiques, what was the criteria? Bring on the final as Ginger says "lets get this over with"

by Anonymousreply 214August 13, 2021 8:19 AM

The awful AS1 teams twist was a last-minute attempt to salvage the season after Logo agreed to fewer episodes than WOW expected. Not sure if it was money or they just weren't confident that it would do well.

by Anonymousreply 215August 13, 2021 8:37 AM

I've watched a few recaps on YouTube and pretty much everyone seems to agree the "game within a game" tease has become tedious at this point and it's bound to just be a standard contest to bring someone back. I hope it somehow subverts that and does present a surprise instead of a slight twist on the twist we expect because we've seen it in 25% of seasons...but my hopes are low.

by Anonymousreply 216August 13, 2021 10:20 AM

I like Ginger, I'd be happy to see her win. The main issue I have with Ginger is I feel she plays it safe - her looks and make-up are usually fairly same-y, she never really switches up her style or wears anything that is especially gag-worthy.

The game within a game concept should have been revealed long before. It can't possibly be a method of bringing one of them back to compete at this point as too much time has passed. The only thing that would sort of make some sense is if the winner of the eliminated queens gets to pick the top two or something.

Not sad to see Eureka go, felt a bit for her as she was right in that she was consistent, but she never had any stand-out moments. The season would have been identical if she wasn't in it. She was never going to be a winner.

Pleasantly surprised by Ra'jah, I really couldn't stand her on her original season, I thought she had a fucking terrible attitude and I couldn't wait for her to go, but she's impressed me on All Stars. Still don't think she's winner material though.

I can see TKB being picked as a winner, definitely massively improved since the original season - the looks have been a highlight of the season.

I like Kylie but I don't think she's a winner.

by Anonymousreply 217August 13, 2021 10:39 AM

The game within a game should have been the first 3 eliminated queens battle it out in some sort of contest and the winner joining the main competition again. Then do another round with the eliminated queens 4,5 and 6; have a battle and one queen comes back. The returning queens will have a fire under their ass and also be out for blood for the queens how voted them off. Could be very entertaining!

by Anonymousreply 218August 13, 2021 10:59 AM

The game within a game is a marathon LSFYL. Every eliminated queen will participate. The first one will lip-sync against the second one - the winner moves on to lip-sync against third out etc...the one left standing will be brought back.

by Anonymousreply 219August 13, 2021 12:41 PM

I like Kylie. She reminds of those old-time tranny queens who dominated pageants like Miss Gay USofA and Miss Continental in the '80s. I'm a little disappointed, though, that the other queens haven't brought up what a cunt she was to Mystique Summers Madison in S2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 13, 2021 12:50 PM

I wasn't ready to like Kylie, but she's really playing the game well. Ra'jah too. Trinity was strong in the beginning, but her star is fading. Ginger is coasting. There is no real standout here.

by Anonymousreply 221August 13, 2021 1:29 PM

R221 Why were you predisposed to not liking Kylie Sonique?

by Anonymousreply 222August 13, 2021 1:30 PM

R219 Ugh the LSFYL is the worst part of the show as it is. Now we have to watch an entire episode of it?

by Anonymousreply 223August 13, 2021 1:48 PM

r222, from her original season, she was very meh for me.

Also this game within a game- it seems whenever they bring back an eliminated queen, they never survive past one episode. Has there ever been one that won?

by Anonymousreply 224August 13, 2021 1:58 PM

R224 I don't think so, but if one ever does win, the crazed fans and past contestants will go crazy saying the show was fixed for that person, RuPaul is a corrupt racist motherfracker who is a literal Nazi, etc.

by Anonymousreply 225August 13, 2021 2:01 PM

It's so sad that drag queens, who are essentially anti-establishment ,and for the comedy queens, offensive by nature, are being criticized and cancelled for being what they are.

by Anonymousreply 226August 13, 2021 2:10 PM

R226 you can thank this show for some of that change. Drag Queens are now expected to be, basically, life coaches and Influencers who don't even have to be gay anymore (e.g., Gottmik, who is a straight woman). I'm surprised they still let them swear on the show.

They have to be brand-friendly in order to not get cancelled, let alone win the show.

In short, drag queens have just become another type of influencer.

by Anonymousreply 227August 13, 2021 3:29 PM

Well, ironically since he has been demonized or celebrated for it (depending on your perspective), RuPaul is to blame/credit for that, too. He had occasional makeovers of women on drag race over the years and then did the Drag U spinoff to make over women as 'confident' drag queens. I think that probably sparked the idea in a lot of women that they, too, can be drag queens; why should it be the sole domain of gay men?

by Anonymousreply 228August 13, 2021 3:34 PM

Because a drag queen is a gay man dressing up in over the top female outfits and makeup, a caricature of "woman". Drag Kings exist, but they aren't drag queens. Straight people who want to dress in womens' clothing are transvestites.

This really isn't the place for women's lib. Actual feminists despise drag queens because they see them as ridiculing femininity.

As for Gottmik, she grew up watching drag race and wanting to be a gay man and a drag queen so badly that she now is one, even though she's straight and also a woman. It's not genre-breaking, it's more than a little sad.

by Anonymousreply 229August 13, 2021 3:45 PM

The Pit Stop AS6 E09 | Trixie Mattel & Mrs. Kasha Davis.

What a delight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 13, 2021 6:06 PM

What was that episode even?

Kylie is like an old school tranny pageant contestant, but woke. I don't like her, personally, I really don't like any of the remaining queens, and I guess I watch this shit out of habit. Michelle and Ru seem over it, and can barely get it up to give faint or fake praise.

by Anonymousreply 231August 13, 2021 6:11 PM

"What was that episode even?"

Why did you include the word "even" in that sentence? You sound really dumb.

by Anonymousreply 232August 13, 2021 6:13 PM

My dad (73) asked me recently to explain the difference between "transvestites," "transgenders" and drag queens. I've explained it before but he can't wrap his brain around sex vs. gender or the idea that deag queens are clowny adult entertainment.

Except that he did get it, really. He said "it sounds like drag queens are basically doing blackface but for women."

And I said, yeah, basically.

And he said, "why isn't that offensive like blackface is offensive?"

All I could come up with is that it's because women love drag queens and often hate other women...

by Anonymousreply 233August 13, 2021 6:22 PM

The well is well and truly dry. What a dull episode. I might go back and watch season 4 instead.

by Anonymousreply 234August 13, 2021 8:24 PM

You have to keep in mind the history. Black face was used to replace people of color as well as ridicule them in Hollywood (think Mickey Roone in Breakfast at Tiffany’s). As far as I’m aware, no prominent role for women was replaced by a man in a wig.

Also, black face was never done to look glamorous, beautiful, or to pay tribute to black celebrities like drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 235August 13, 2021 8:56 PM

R235 Don't forget that the winning recipe for Drag Race is to have the most impressive C-U-N-T.

I don't have a problem with it. I appreciate that the whole enterprise could be seen as offensive to many but nearly everyone who is aware it exists has chosen to appreciate the irreverence of it and not to treat it as the subject of an academic treatise on cultural malignment of women—because I imagine plenty of college papers have been written about it being that.

by Anonymousreply 236August 13, 2021 9:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 13, 2021 9:31 PM

What's most glamorous and beautiful than men in tuxedoes tapdancing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 13, 2021 9:34 PM

I'm already over the "game within a game" bullshit and it hasn't even started.

by Anonymousreply 239August 13, 2021 9:36 PM

r234 hah! I just started watching All Stars S3 instead.

by Anonymousreply 240August 13, 2021 9:55 PM

r235 It was also used to popularize black culture.

by Anonymousreply 241August 13, 2021 10:01 PM

Show your dad this. It's like 101 for understanding what the differences are - thanks Noxy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 13, 2021 11:34 PM

I swear this episode will be used by the Christian right as anti-gay propaganda. Ru clearly says that animation is about pushing subversive ideas. And it's a show about child drag queens. It's along the same lines as Drag Queen Story Hour in the UK where Drag Queens read to children.

by Anonymousreply 243August 14, 2021 12:07 AM

I was surprised to see that the TV show isn't made up for the episode. Drag Tots is a real TV show (to the extent things produced for the WOW app are real TV shows...UNNNNHHHHH.)

by Anonymousreply 244August 14, 2021 12:09 AM

Go back to the schoolyard where you belong, R232.

by Anonymousreply 245August 14, 2021 12:26 AM

Who wants to sex it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 14, 2021 12:37 AM

R246 Good to see Jan is being wise and quitting drag.

by Anonymousreply 247August 14, 2021 12:59 AM

When you see the outcome of the game within a game, you will see what a farce this season has been.

by Anonymousreply 248August 14, 2021 6:29 AM

I didn't and don't understand why Ru gushed so much over Ra'Jah's outfit. It was just purple and purple face paint with googly eyes glued on, and she has worn that same silhouette the entire season.

Also this is, I think, the third episode where To has been pushing the queens to be role models/set examples for children. This season has been so nauseatingly touchy-feely "you CAN achieve your dreams.... To stand before cameras with a bunch of purple face paint and a purple gown!!"

Next, she will have the queens challenge their inner saboteurs, followed by making over their estranged relatives. Coming to terms with things, so Ru can win another Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 249August 14, 2021 8:49 AM

Incidentally, Santino Rice appears to be a huge anti-vaxxer now:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 14, 2021 9:15 AM

The "superlatives" mini challenge was clearly designed to stir up drama and accusations. It was also mean how they showed Sonique getting (mostly) good ones (stunning and brave, most likely to steal yo man, etc.) and then Eureka got all bad ones (gassy, messy, etc.)

I'm continuing to dislike Ginger this season. There's something just off about her that I didn't see in the past seasons. She really seems arrogant - despite her self-deprecating humor - and just kind of a shit-stirrer for no reason. I don't think it's the edit? I don't think the producers are that subtle. It hasn't been anything over the top evil, just a stream of little asides and comments and looks.

by Anonymousreply 251August 14, 2021 9:20 AM

Santino Rice is a massive turd

by Anonymousreply 252August 14, 2021 11:24 AM

So the game within a game is literally just a rip off of Last Chance Kitchen from Top Chef. Ousted contestants line up in order to compete against each other. Winner moves to next round. Overall winner comes back to the show.

Fucking groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 253August 14, 2021 12:29 PM

Yeah that's actually a super mild anti vax tweet by Santino. He's nuts

by Anonymousreply 254August 14, 2021 1:16 PM

"Super mild anti-vaccine tweet."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255August 14, 2021 1:23 PM

Santino needs his smelly ass kicked from LA to Florida. He was a horrid judge and seems like a horrid person

by Anonymousreply 256August 14, 2021 1:29 PM

Remember when he said Latrice looked like a sofa? lol

by Anonymousreply 257August 14, 2021 1:43 PM

Where was the lie, tho?^

by Anonymousreply 258August 14, 2021 1:45 PM

The level of unprofessionalism and fuckery and disrespectery and general skunkery was most uncalled for!

by Anonymousreply 259August 14, 2021 1:47 PM

r248 why do you say that? I found the LSFYL game within a game actually interesting (yes I know what happens and no I won't spoil it).

by Anonymousreply 260August 14, 2021 3:04 PM

Remember when we thought her post Snatch Game lecture was charming and brave? And then she did it again on All Stars and we realized that it’s just her freezing up in the moment and trying to blame other people?

by Anonymousreply 261August 14, 2021 3:05 PM

Who?? ^

by Anonymousreply 262August 14, 2021 3:36 PM

Oh, Latrice.

And yeah she blames other people for her issues and thinks her shit don't stink. She wasn't a really good contestant, either.

by Anonymousreply 263August 14, 2021 3:36 PM

Lattrice wasn't that great and was incredibly arrogant, thinking he should be kept because he's a STAR

by Anonymousreply 264August 14, 2021 3:50 PM

I didn't get the Latrice thing at all. I think he is the way I became aware there's a whole Drag Race subculture outside of the show now because during All Stars, he, RuPaul and everybody else said seemingly at least once during every episode that Latrice is everyone's favorite drag queen. I was like, what? Why? How? In what world? What makes Latrice everyone's favorite? And in the confessionals, all the other contestants talked about the pressure of competing against Latrice, everyone's favorite. I felt like I was watching Drag Race with Trump logic: they were just going to keep saying this lie incessantly until the audience accepted it as a given truth.

by Anonymousreply 265August 14, 2021 3:59 PM

They waited way too long to reveal the game within a game. I know what happens as well, I won’t spoil it either but the riggery will be evident when you see who comes back!

by Anonymousreply 266August 14, 2021 4:17 PM

Who returned? Eureka?

by Anonymousreply 267August 14, 2021 4:23 PM

No spoilers please. We've been doing really well so far this season about those (mostly because of that one DLer, who is usually very prominent in the RPDR threads and doesn't care about spoiling things for others, has mercifully stayed away from this thread).

by Anonymousreply 268August 14, 2021 4:30 PM

I think it has already been spoiled above. People can't resist ruining things for other people.

by Anonymousreply 269August 14, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote]Black face was used to replace people of color as well as ridicule them in Hollywood (think Mickey Roone in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

He wasn't Black, he was Asian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270August 14, 2021 4:51 PM

R229, isn't one of the feminist stance that femininity itself isn't innate and therefore has no ruling over womanhood? So how can they be mad at drag queens for enjoying something they don't even believe in themselves. I've also heard feminist say that femininity is a man-made invention, so if man made it, then man has a right to use it however he wishes, right?

by Anonymousreply 271August 14, 2021 5:10 PM

R269 where? I was just guessing that big Eureka might be the one brought back

by Anonymousreply 272August 14, 2021 5:15 PM

R271 I'm not here to argue for the feminists who dislike drag, just reporting the basics. It's basically just that you're ridiculing an entire gender. It's also part of why they dislike the auto gynephile trans who dress up like women and love to make comments like "oh, I'm just a ditzy blonde! Tee hee!" although in that case it's a fetish and they're performing this super restrictive and insulting form of the female gender.

Yes, you can say it's "celebrating womanhood" etc. and in some ways it is, but there's a reason almost every drag queen says their character is a bitch like Wilhelmina Slater - they aren't exactly celebrating strong women, they're celebrating bitches (and in many cases prostitutes).

You won't see a drag queen performing a doctor or lawyer or Jane Goodall, unless it's a Sexy Slut doctor or an Insatiable Lesbian Jane Goodall. They're celebrating stereotypes.

Yeah, I enjoy the old school drag queens, but let's not pretend it's doing anything good for women.

by Anonymousreply 273August 14, 2021 5:21 PM

R228, I guess that's what the show is going for in its current format, since they have watered down the definition of 'drag queen' anyone can be a drag queen now and they don't even have to put in much effort. The fans of the show are mainly comprised of straight teen girls, and they want to see whatever is trendy: trans, nonbinary, bi/pan and bio queens. Gay men have fallen out of fashion, and so much so that half the queens on the show don't identify as gay anymore even though they are gay.

by Anonymousreply 274August 14, 2021 5:29 PM

R274 I know many people say the fan base is mainly straight teen girls, but do you have any hard statistics on that? It seems like it's one of those myths that someone just started saying to dismiss the base as "other".

by Anonymousreply 275August 14, 2021 5:40 PM

Lucien and Santino go nuts and are weirdo right wing guys. Poor Mathu goes nuts as well, but it's diseased related (and he should have won Emmys for makeup). WTF, Ru?

by Anonymousreply 276August 14, 2021 6:38 PM

So Santino is an anti-vax loon, but what about everyone’s favourite judge, Merle Ginsberg?

by Anonymousreply 277August 14, 2021 9:50 PM

R277 what about her?

by Anonymousreply 278August 14, 2021 11:35 PM

[Quote] I didn't and don't understand why Ru gushed so much over Ra'Jah's outfit.

Agree. I like her very much but a win for that? Really?

by Anonymousreply 279August 14, 2021 11:38 PM

[Quote] Santino Rice appears to be a huge anti-vaxxer now

Tammie Brown was corrects then when she said he was asshole!

by Anonymousreply 280August 14, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote]I like Ginger, I'd be happy to see her win. The main issue I have with Ginger is I feel she plays it safe - her looks and make-up are usually fairly same-y, she never really switches up her style or wears anything that is especially gag-worthy.

Couldn't this be said about Bianca? She basically wore the same dress all season but her comedy got her through to the end.

by Anonymousreply 281August 15, 2021 1:31 AM

I don't see how any queen other than Eureka can be returning. Which makes the "game within a game" so boring. When a queen returns to the competition, it's usually the most recent one eliminated. And THEN they're usually eliminated the following episode, so I don't even understand why they let queens come back at this point. It's so boring!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282August 15, 2021 1:44 AM

[R275], watch any video shot at Drag Con. It’s actually pretty shocking. 90% white young women and ten percent trashy gays.

by Anonymousreply 283August 15, 2021 5:13 AM

r283 is correct. I went to the first two cons in LA. The first one was 70% str8 white obese girls the the second one was 90%.

by Anonymousreply 284August 15, 2021 6:50 AM

Drag is definitely a "gender fuck" and as such it's inherently jarring to see in most cases and probably should make people question what they're seeing and what it means.

A big part (pun intended) of RuPaul's notoriety was always that he's a "seven-foot-tall glamazon." That's not a woman. It's something else. As a young person, seeing gigantic drag queens clomping down 17th street always sort of freaked me out and bewildered me. Humongous Cookie Buffet shoving her hand down my pants at Velvet Nation freaked me out. Drag freaked me out...and I think it used to be meant to do that. It wasn't purely lighthearted adult entertainment in nightlife; it was part of a subculture that made you break down and rebuild what you understand to be normal, and so it helped to intergrate gay people into a new and different way of thinking and seeing. That's helpful when you grow up in a world where everything hetero is 'normal,' and when despite being gay, you're jarred by seeing two men hold hands. All those arbitrary norms need to be reset, and drag helps with that resetting.

Drag Race has definitely changed the concept of drag as giant glamazons or Eureka-like scary clowns, and RuPaul is responsible for that as much as he probably did so accidentally. First, the giant freaky iconic man in drag (who can't be mistaken for a woman) gave way to 'fishy queens' whose faces looked more like women instead of men in Ursula the Sea Witch makeup, and then fishy fashion queens whose faces and bodies both 'pass' became the ultimate ideal, and now with women getting involved, the whole physical stature is shrunken down and it's no longer a form of challenging social concepts of gender but instead dressing up women in over-the-top costumes and having them impersonate gay black men.

When drag was explained to me, it was juxtaposed against transgenderism: men who try to convincingly dress like women while going about their normal lives unnoticed are transgender, whereas drag queens dress up in such a way as to attract attention because lf how ridiculous they look. They do it for entertainment, while transgender people do it because it expresses their authentic identity.

Now, thanks to Drag Race choosing to prioritize 'fishy queens' from Tyra Sanchez (looks like a woman but is too tall to 'pass' and has a child) to Aquaria and Jaida (pass well enough to be photographed for major women's fashion magazines and brands), the notion of "gender fuck" for political reasons has given away to a dichotomy of either honoring gay culture's historic version of drag or else awarding the prettiest man who would participate in the Miss America pageant instead if he were allowed.

Taking away anyone's feelings about all this, it's an interesting evolution of a subculture.

by Anonymousreply 285August 15, 2021 11:15 AM

R285 that's certainly one way to look at it. I think it gives RuPaul's Drag Race a lot more gravitas than it deserves.

Drag has been mainstreamed for a decade now. It's no longer subversive and it isn't a celebration of gay culture anymore because it's no longer centered around gay men. Just like the majority of trans of today (the straight auto gynephiles and other fetishists) aren't necessarily concerned about "passing" as women, because most of them don't, unlike the trans of old.

by Anonymousreply 286August 15, 2021 3:57 PM

R283 Drag Con isn't entirely representative of the fan base though. It's just people who have the money to go to Drag Con and would want to. I like (or used to like) watching the drag queens but I wouldn't go out of my way to meet them in person at a con.

It's like the people at comic cons are not entirely representative of those who enjoy that genre.

by Anonymousreply 287August 15, 2021 4:00 PM

Honestly, I am surprised there are not more cons - I have a friend big into horror and they have these cons all over the country. Same for Star Trek. Queens would make a lot more money if they did that versus a gig at Slammers. All they have to do is sit there and charge for pics and sell merch.

by Anonymousreply 288August 15, 2021 10:19 PM

I'm going to posit that the show isn't as popular here on the DL anymore because it's no longer about gay men. And it's oversaturated and mainstream and has been for some time.

I guess it's good that it's given struggling actors and people who like wearing makeup careers, or at least a chance at one, but the total dragging on of this season at this point I just want it to be over.

Could also be because it's on Paramount Plus, although who knows. Could also be because it's featuring oversaturated queens like Ginger Minj and Eureka.

by Anonymousreply 289August 16, 2021 2:16 AM

[Quote] Could also be because it's featuring oversaturated queens like Ginger Minj

Nah, Ginger made top3 8 years ago on S7. Was kicked off 1st or 2nd of AS3 7 years ago and no one has seen her since until this season.

by Anonymousreply 290August 16, 2021 2:24 AM

Uh, r290, All Stars 3 was in 2018. Ginger's season 7 was in 2015, which was not even 7 years ago.

That's what I mean about oversaturation.

And the series has been on every streaming service and promoted on each one of them, so people likely watched the seasons again, not just when they aired (such as myself).

by Anonymousreply 291August 16, 2021 2:34 AM

Ginger wasn't even on All Stars 3, it was All Stars 2, which was in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 292August 16, 2021 2:37 AM

6 years 8 years, whatever. Point is 6 years is a long time to be out of the DR world. That's isn't oversaturation. You can't blame her for peoples streaming habits.

by Anonymousreply 293August 16, 2021 2:50 AM

r291/r292, you love Trixie { as I do too } so wasn't she oversaturated when she started AS? I would say that's a good example.

by Anonymousreply 294August 16, 2021 2:52 AM

R294 I wasn't talking specifically about just Ginger Minj, she was used as an example of one reason contributing to why maybe no one was watching/talking about this season.

It's weird that she's only been in two seasons before this, because it seemed like she was everywhere.

That being said I've probably watched the episodes too many times.

Funnily enough I went back and watched some of season 7 and all the little things she's been doing in this All Stars season, she was doing back then, too. It's strange that it didn't really rub the wrong way back then, but in a rewatch after AS6, her little nasty asides and shit-stirring were quite obvious.

She also seemed to be saying exactly what the producers wanted her to say in her confessionals.

by Anonymousreply 295August 16, 2021 3:06 AM

Speaking of Trixie though, I had never really watched more than a few episodes of Unhhh and have started watching them now. What a fun little show!

by Anonymousreply 296August 16, 2021 3:10 AM

r295, I see Ginger as a matter of fact old school queen. She's an old tough broad. IMO, 80% of the queens who come on DR are shit stirrers in one way of another. Bianca is the ultimate stirrer but her wit covered it up beautifully. Plus, she was really a helper with some of the girls on S6. Ginger wants to finally win. She's very talented. Nothing wrong with that but she isn't really nasty about it like some other past queen.

by Anonymousreply 297August 16, 2021 3:18 AM

I've watched all of Unhhh and loved it! I watch all of Trixie's shows. Again, she's talented. Facts.

by Anonymousreply 298August 16, 2021 3:20 AM

Tammie Brown re: Santino on [italic]Hey Queen:[/italic] "I know where he buys his wigs"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 16, 2021 8:53 AM

More from Reddit (r/SpoiledDragRace) re: Adore Delano being invited back (see R136):

★ Jessica Wild (S2) and DiDa Ritz (S5) were originally invited back as full cast members as well but got dropped in favor of Adore and Laganja Estranja.

★ Laganja said no because she didn't want the pressure and she knew they wanted to manufacture a storyline about her and Adore's drama from S6. After both Laganja and Adore declined, they subbed in Ginger and Serena ChaCha.

★ For years DiDa has begged WOW to invite her back for All Stars, and now she's extremely bitter about not just getting cut from the cast but also not being invited back as a Lip Sync Assassin. Redditors who've seen her perform in Chicago say she isn't AS material because her drag has actually gotten worse instead of better since she was on the show.

by Anonymousreply 300August 16, 2021 9:26 AM

^ Correction: DiDa was on S4

by Anonymousreply 301August 16, 2021 9:30 AM

R297 I agree Ginger is very talented, however I don't think she is as good at her machinations as she thinks she is. I don't think Bianca was a shit-stirrer so much as plainly honest.

Ginger comes across as sneaky and Machiavellian about it which I think is part of what is rubbing me the wrong way with her this season. I liked her in previous seasons initially and upon rewatching. It's something about AS6 and the way she's acting that has made me rethink that. Looking back on past seasons I can see it was there as well.

There's just something about AS6.

by Anonymousreply 302August 16, 2021 10:22 AM

[quote] Ginger comes across as sneaky and Machiavellian about it which I think is part of what is rubbing me the wrong way with her this season.

I really feel like people's opinions of the contestants on this show take on a life of their own.

I don't think 'sneaky and Machiavellian' applies at all based on what we see and hear from these people.

They are contestants on a TV show with a big cash prize. They are all there with one specific objective, which is to win. They're not friends and family members who are supposed to support one another, and the production explicitly, not covertly, pits them against one another anyway. "Who should go home?" etc. No one watching wants to hear a wishy-washy non-answer, and yet when contestants explicitly play the game and maneuver in ways that advantage them, they're suddenly ruthless students of Machiavelli and Sun Tzu? Somebody channel Nell Carter to gimme a break. This is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 303August 16, 2021 10:52 AM

[quote]Somebody channel Nell Carter to gimme a break.

I can help with that!

by Anonymousreply 304August 16, 2021 10:58 AM

R303 I think some people have a specific viewpoint and can't see past their own prejudices to look at a situation critically.

by Anonymousreply 305August 16, 2021 4:37 PM

And you are guilty of that, r305. Your post about Ginger at r303 is silly. You hate Ginger for whatever reason and that's it. We got it.

by Anonymousreply 306August 16, 2021 4:52 PM

Silky could probably do Nell Carter.

by Anonymousreply 307August 16, 2021 5:04 PM

[Quote] Your post about Ginger at [R303] is silly.

Correction, that is at r302 NOT r 303.

Sorry, r303.

by Anonymousreply 308August 16, 2021 5:04 PM

r303 WINS! That reply a million times!

by Anonymousreply 309August 16, 2021 5:05 PM

r306 No, I don't "hate Ginger for whatever reason". I've been pretty clear I used to like her a lot, and I still think she is quite talented, unlike some people in this thread. I just think her personality is rubbing me the wrong way in THIS SEASON SPECIFICALLY, for reasons I've tried to figure out, which is why I've been "thinking aloud" in this thread. I get that you disagree. Trust me, I really get it! You don't have to keep disagreeing! We know you disagree by now!

I haven't attacked anyone who's said they've loved her in this thread, yet you (and one other who loves to upvote posts a million times) seem to be acting like it's a personal crusade to dismiss my thoughts and then make personal judgements about me for having those thoughts.

Who here can't see past their own nose? It's not me.

by Anonymousreply 310August 16, 2021 5:41 PM

r310, no offence but I don't believe you and it's okay. We can disagree about Ginger. I think you didn't like her during S7 either. Own it. The reason I disagree with you is because based on your replies there's no substance, IMO. She isn't doing what you say she's doing. She's playing the game. You LOVE Trixie but she was far far more overexposed and made some shady moves in the her AS season. So Trixie can do it but Ginger can't? Re-read your post at r305 because that is what you are also doing.

by Anonymousreply 311August 16, 2021 5:58 PM

r310, 6 upvotes in 15 min? C'mon stop bitching things you also do.

No, I don't believe you.

by Anonymousreply 312August 16, 2021 6:03 PM

and now 14 upvote? Keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 313August 16, 2021 6:04 PM

Lol. You upvote freaks are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 314August 17, 2021 2:12 AM

This season blows.

by Anonymousreply 315August 17, 2021 2:19 AM

R311 you've convinced me; not only do I dislike Ginger this season, I now dislike Trixie.

by Anonymousreply 316August 17, 2021 2:35 AM

The All Stars seasons are usually over by now, at 9 episodes.

That might be adding to our fatigue.

by Anonymousreply 317August 17, 2021 3:38 AM

[Quote] you've convinced me; not only do I dislike Ginger all her seasons, I now dislike Trixie.

Fantastic, r316! Isn't it great to have goals. Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 318August 17, 2021 5:59 AM

R318 It's not actually a goal if it's something already done.

Keep w&wing my posts excessively though, it's cute.

by Anonymousreply 319August 17, 2021 9:47 AM

This thread's gotten more tedious than AS6, and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 320August 17, 2021 11:46 AM

Guys! Only two days until the next "game...within a game!" teaser! I have a feeling this is going to be the best pre-recorded RuPaul clip so far, even better than the first 10!

by Anonymousreply 321August 17, 2021 12:01 PM

Oh honey, r319 it was your goal because it was never completed until now. That's how it works. No one cares about your ww's except you. Your the one who first brought it up. So random. Now back to your "feelings" about being attacked you little delicate flower.

by Anonymousreply 322August 17, 2021 4:49 PM

r321 not a teaser. Next week is the Results of Game within a game. All season long the eliminated queens have been LSYFL against each other with one winner moving on each week until the last queen (Eureka) will go against whoever won the LSFYL before her elimination - so either Pandora or ????

by Anonymousreply 323August 17, 2021 10:17 PM

R320 Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 324August 17, 2021 11:27 PM

R321 even the prerecorded teasers have gotten less enthusiastic as the game progresses. Ru is bored too.

by Anonymousreply 325August 17, 2021 11:29 PM

R323 Well, hard to believe Pandora won a LSFYL against anyone so probably not her.

by Anonymousreply 326August 18, 2021 2:41 AM

Can we skip the Game Within A Game and just crown Ginger this week to get this all over with? I'm done with the season.

by Anonymousreply 327August 18, 2021 2:49 AM

R323 No, it's not Pandora

by Anonymousreply 328August 18, 2021 8:21 AM

I'm sure a blind man can see what is coming. One of two outcomes. The winner of the Game w/i a game comes back wins and elims one of the final four or, comes back does not win and the re-elim her again. The best thing that could happen is Serena ChaCha wins and kicks of Ginger - that would be manufactured drama baby.

by Anonymousreply 329August 18, 2021 1:37 PM

R329 That's not happening.

by Anonymousreply 330August 19, 2021 4:59 AM

Fun fact: if you cut out Silky's props, RuPaul's nine "now is the time...to lip sync...for...your...liiife" pronouncements and the remaining queens' "oooooh, bitch! Work bitch!"es, last night's episode was only four minutes long.

by Anonymousreply 331August 19, 2021 9:14 AM

The thing that annoys me most about All Stars now is that half the episode isn't entertaining, it's the queens talking about how big a decision it is to send someone home, the bottom queens sales pitching (or not) to stay, and the loser queen's walk of shame. Boring television!

It's the same every episode! They should spend far more time on the challenges and the runway fashions than the manufactured drama, because the manufactured drama is killing the show. Everyone knows the All Stars queens won't be messy because they all have careers to handle, so they do all this other shit to try to make the episodes more dramatic but it's all so boring.

And it seems, especially this season, that Ru is going to force the queens to "be themselves" and "be real" in most of the main challenges so she can have her Emmy-award winning moments, which is also painful, manufactured drama.

It's all so tedious.

by Anonymousreply 332August 19, 2021 11:53 AM

I kind of knew it was going to be a waste of an episode.

by Anonymousreply 333August 19, 2021 8:03 PM

Silky G just got more airtime than any contestant ever has before. Maybe even more than RuPaul himself ever has gotten in a single episode.

by Anonymousreply 334August 19, 2021 8:37 PM

This has just gotten stupid. Silky didn’t even look like she knew half the words to her lip syncs and didn’t deserve half the wins she got.

by Anonymousreply 335August 19, 2021 10:20 PM

Agree r335 and I like Silky but she completely missed the open words on Girls just wanna have fun. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 336August 19, 2021 10:23 PM

Sikly's props won the lip sync battles, not Sikly's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 337August 19, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote] This has just gotten stupid.

It's been stupid from episode one. That was the original point. It lost its interest when it became serious.

by Anonymousreply 338August 19, 2021 10:25 PM

[Quote] Sikly's props won the lip sync battles

Like Kandy's laughable win over Joey which led to Kandy believing she was one of the greatest Queens EVER to be on the show.

by Anonymousreply 339August 19, 2021 10:33 PM

I totally forgot Silky was on this shitshow season, and bitch was posting in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 340August 20, 2021 12:40 AM

Silky made these lipsyncs interesting. I'm curious how they process them, as I thought I saw one guest judge at 2 of the LSFYLs. But I assume there's not a whole lot of time for the queen who was just eliminated to prepare as opposed to the other queen who had more time.

by Anonymousreply 341August 20, 2021 2:02 AM

I stand corrected about how this episode would suck. It was fantastic and it was made so due to Silky and Silky alone. It was so fun trying to see her out do herself each time, and she did. The Barbie Girl one in particular will go down as one of the great performances on the show. She will probably lose against Eureka, as it wasn’t a great performance, but so what? She clearly won the episode and is one of the “winners” this season. She got her redemption.

by Anonymousreply 342August 20, 2021 2:04 AM

Yep, r342. This was a great night for Silky. And unlike the other queens who would run for the back of the stage if they didn't have to LSFYL, Silky killed Barbie Girl.

Nothing "meh" about Big Silk tonight.

by Anonymousreply 343August 20, 2021 2:13 AM

It didn't seem fair for Eureka since Silky had a week to prepare between each lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 344August 20, 2021 2:15 AM

^Likewise RE Jiggly v. Silky

by Anonymousreply 345August 20, 2021 2:16 AM

I have to hope they told each girl what the song was at the same time so they had the same prep time. Silky had the advantage knowing it would happen of course. She didn’t need a reveal for that song and the over garment was not very good. I think if she had just gone out in the under garment she might have pulled it off, but I think Eureka took it.

by Anonymousreply 346August 20, 2021 2:50 AM

Silky was posting on the other thread and one of her last posts was something like “Keep watching, it gets good”. Bitch called it. Nice job..

by Anonymousreply 347August 20, 2021 3:00 AM

Silky, I'm loving your traveling bar. LOL

by Anonymousreply 348August 20, 2021 3:05 AM

Geez, no wonder Silky was encouraging us to watch the Game Within A Game!

I'm also wondering how much time the defending champion had to prepare versus the freshly eliminated queen. Silky had a ready-to-destroy guitar on hand for the Pat Benatar song?

Either Eureka comes back, or Ru saves both her and Silky after the final lip sync. Unfortunately, there's no way Silky was the winner of that one.

by Anonymousreply 349August 20, 2021 4:17 AM

R335 So what? It was fun. Even if she was a bit sloppy, I had more fun watching her perform than any other Queen in a long time. That is the point. And, it was fun to see what Silky would do next.

This was a great episode and yet I also hope they never do it again.

by Anonymousreply 350August 20, 2021 5:32 AM

I'm now a fan of Silky. You go bitch.

by Anonymousreply 351August 20, 2021 6:12 AM

Silkynut did save the episode because the way it was conceived and edited was not enjoyable to me. Usually directors of TV like this show the full thing ("lip sync...for...your...LIFE!") once or twice to set the framework and then edit subsequent repeats out or in different ways to avoid tedium. I'm surprised they filled the hour with all the contestants walking out onto the runway, RuPaul introducing them, the slow reveal of Silky, etc., all according to the same formula. I kept my finger on the fast forward button. R342 is right that Dr. Silkynut outdid herself. The producers could take a note from her about how to keep things interesting.

by Anonymousreply 352August 20, 2021 9:26 AM

I thought Silky was a goner midway into the Jan lip-sync battle, but when she took out that guitar, she killed it (and the guitar!) I was so bummed that her reveal for the last one got stuck, as otherwise she would have easily won against Eureka. She really deserves to come back into the competition at this point, but Eureka won the lipsync. But bringing Eureka back would be so anticlimactic.

by Anonymousreply 353August 20, 2021 11:50 AM

Not for Eureka r353.

by Anonymousreply 354August 20, 2021 11:56 AM

R353, I thought the same thing. Jan was doing good and Silky ok. But I did laugh out loud at Silky's rock star guitar-smashing.

Lipsyncs are pretty boring for the most part. But Silky's were interesting to watch and all were good to great - especially Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 355August 20, 2021 11:58 AM

I think they should have given each losing girl a parting cash tip of 5,000 at the end of each lip sync for participating. They can afford it.

Otherwise it’s just humiliating.

by Anonymousreply 356August 20, 2021 12:22 PM

R356 They signed their souls and their dignity away to WOW's exploitative contract. The devil doesn't get feel sorry for the people be coerces to dedicate themselves to him.

by Anonymousreply 357August 20, 2021 12:31 PM

Please don’t bring Eureka back. She only just lost and for good reason. Silky fucking slayed her run in those lip syncs.

by Anonymousreply 358August 20, 2021 1:28 PM

I agree Silky was good. Did she slay? She had time to prepare, whereas her competitors didn’t. It’s not fair to the competitors, either, to base the lip sync off her body of “wins”. It has to be based on the immediate lip sync challenge. So, was she better than Eureka, and Eureka alone, in isolation of her other challenges?

by Anonymousreply 359August 20, 2021 1:32 PM

She's not a star if you can't stand looking at her messy, sloppy body.

Sulky Nutjob Hamgash.

by Anonymousreply 360August 20, 2021 2:05 PM

Eureka definitely won that final lip sync but I wouldn’t be mad if Ru brought them both back, Silky earned it.

by Anonymousreply 361August 20, 2021 2:15 PM

R353 Actually bringing Eureka back will be the most un-anticlimactic. Silky did amazing and deserves it, but even after all that, she probably won’t win. Whereas if they bring Eureka back, she could in theory win the next challenge, eliminate a front runner (Ginger is in her lane so that would make the most sense) and then be an actual contender. One win but no bottoms isn’t anything to scoff at.

by Anonymousreply 362August 20, 2021 2:27 PM

Eureka's was emotional but how would Ru know Eureka was wearing her mother's life alert. It was not very clear unless you heard hte voice over. Silky's was a mess. Each one was a mess until she pulled a stunt except for the Barbie girl one which was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 363August 20, 2021 2:56 PM

How is it fair that someone eliminated 6 weeks ago has to lip sync 5 times but the one out last week only have to do it once

by Anonymousreply 364August 20, 2021 4:07 PM

Meritocracy, R364. The theory is that Eureka did better than Silky, so she gets a headstart.

by Anonymousreply 365August 20, 2021 6:22 PM

Ru: "Jan, I'm sorry, my dear, but your road to the Hall of Fame ends here."

Jan: "Yes."

by Anonymousreply 366August 20, 2021 9:15 PM

Jan was less obnoxious this episode. She behaved very filled with gratitude when Silky won.

by Anonymousreply 367August 20, 2021 9:18 PM

Pandora was relaxed and funny and looked the best she has since she entered the Werk Room. Hopefully she feels better about this AS run. I'm glad Ru praised her before she left.

by Anonymousreply 368August 20, 2021 9:24 PM

Yeah, R368. It was strange how poised and funny she was in that situation. I think her Rudemption lip synch must have been the same day of her elimination, so she must have had a couple hours to reflect and enjoy the additional screen time for what it was.

by Anonymousreply 369August 20, 2021 9:33 PM

Pandora looked like Charlie Hide

by Anonymousreply 370August 20, 2021 9:33 PM

Pandora looked like Charlie Pride in a wig.

by Anonymousreply 371August 20, 2021 10:23 PM

It was sad when Scarlett said "thank you for the second chance!" but you could tell she didn't mean it because SHE KNOWS Ru hates her and would never allow her to progress. She's just there to be a dog for Ru to kick.

by Anonymousreply 372August 20, 2021 10:25 PM

Love the catty, shady comments from the peanut gallery while they're watching the Lip Syncs. Sonique even made a fat joke (that Ginger laughed at). She won't get cancelled for it because she's trans, though.

by Anonymousreply 373August 20, 2021 10:28 PM

Jan gained depression weight while waiting to lip sync!

by Anonymousreply 374August 20, 2021 10:35 PM

Loved Silky to Jan, the You're a man snark. It broke Jans' cold dead heart even more.

by Anonymousreply 375August 20, 2021 10:37 PM

Also love how Jan breaks the stage with her new fat.

by Anonymousreply 376August 20, 2021 10:37 PM

All those splits and drops - I give Silky credit, but damn that Richter Scale must have been off the charts!

by Anonymousreply 377August 20, 2021 10:43 PM

She about poked Pandora's eyes out with her side boobs!

by Anonymousreply 378August 20, 2021 10:45 PM

Silky's final outfit reminds me of the Wonka/RPDR finale meme:

"Queens showing up for the final lip sync"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379August 20, 2021 10:55 PM

Silky needs to be put into the Vegas show!

by Anonymousreply 380August 20, 2021 11:25 PM

Silky's last lip sync against Eureka was not good, I can't see her progressing, but who knows. If you're going to be a stunt queen and use props etc, you can't afford to make weird mistakes with them.

by Anonymousreply 381August 20, 2021 11:58 PM

EW gets the behind-the-scenes on Silky’s LSFYLs and how she prepped.

She worked hard and focused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382August 21, 2021 1:33 AM

Watching Silky pull food out of her costume and eat it onstage--because she's fat and fat people NEVER stop eating, even when they're performing onstage--will NEVER get boring! It's always hilarious and always should be celebrated!

by Anonymousreply 383August 21, 2021 5:21 PM

The food in the bra thing is just gross. Yes, that bag of pop chips squished next to your chest fat is really appealing.

Silky should work with some prop designers/magician trick designers on full-size collapsible items she can store in and pull out of her bra, like Mary Poppins' magic bag.

Like, imagine if she pulled out a small table, tablecloth, candles, and four course meal. It could be done with the right engineering!

Now THAT would be memorable.

by Anonymousreply 384August 21, 2021 7:03 PM

BREAKING....RuPaul is guest hosting Wednesday and Thursday on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"......Tuesday (tonite) Niall Horan!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385August 24, 2021 10:06 AM

I loved Silky's performances. She made the season.

by Anonymousreply 386August 24, 2021 3:53 PM

Silky will need to up her game if she wants to compete with these hos. Of course, her schtick is pulling food out from somewhere unexpected and eating it onstage. I guess she'll need to pull something edible out of her asshole in order to keep the audience's attention. "Munch munch, crunch crunch, this hotdog taste like I already digested it....because I already did!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 387August 24, 2021 4:01 PM

I think the episode design was boring. The same setup of the contestant prancing down the runway, the slow reveal, the RuPaul speech, the lip sync, the RuPaul speech, the contestant speeches, and then repeat again eight or nine times? I fast forwarded through 70 percent of the show because it was so repetitive.

I agree that Silky winning all the contests saved the episode because it added some dramatic tension of whether she could keep up her momentum. I can't really pretend like her decision to use hidden props was the kind of genius everyone has agreed to pretend it was, but it was a smart way to stand out and to add some variety to a boring formula. I can't decide if everyone just gets whipped up into zeitgeist frenzies of groupthink when they act giddy, as in this case with Silky using props, or if people have become so dumbed down as to believe this was revolutionary. The Barbie Girl lip sync in particular—so many people are reacting as if Silky invented a brilliant new concept. The half-man/half-woman performance thing was a mainstay in 1980s television shows. It was cute of Silky to do it, but there wasn't anything innovative about it and her styling was incredibly messy.

I do think it was a very boring formula. One lip sync per show is enough. By the time Pandora and Jan and Eureka's turns were up, I was dreading having to watch another damned lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 388August 24, 2021 4:07 PM

Am I the only one who found her eating chips onstage so nonchalantly was kinda rude?

by Anonymousreply 389August 24, 2021 4:55 PM

Yeah, she was eating crackers like she owned the place. You're an idiot

by Anonymousreply 390August 24, 2021 5:40 PM

[Quote] so many people are reacting as if Silky invented a brilliant new concept. The half-man/half-woman performance thing was a mainstay in 1980s television shows. It was cute of Silky to do it, but there wasn't anything innovative about it and her styling was incredibly messy.

S7 it was a runway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391August 24, 2021 5:55 PM

R391 who is that gorgeous guy in half drag in your thumbnail?

by Anonymousreply 392August 24, 2021 6:02 PM

R388 I do not think it is group think. I don’t follow drag race online and I loved it. I think it was just the editing and the nature of TV. People like to root for the underdog.

I think the best possible situation happened however. An earlier contestant did good and kept going, making us invested in the story. And, Silky then kept one up-ing herself. She was eventually really just competing with herself.

However, there isn’t any way, if she came back, that she would win. She would get voted off next. By losing to Eureka (which I assume will happen) she can have the pride of pretty much having an episode to herself in which she shined and still go home on a high note. Eureka, perhaps, CAN win the next episode, and help even out the score.

by Anonymousreply 393August 24, 2021 6:22 PM

Peal, r392.

by Anonymousreply 394August 24, 2021 6:23 PM

Aren't drag queens admired for being rude?

by Anonymousreply 395August 24, 2021 6:36 PM

They're going to crown Ra'Jah or Sonique, I can feel it.

by Anonymousreply 396August 24, 2021 6:38 PM

[Quote] Aren't drag queens admired for being rude?

In the not so long ago past they were but now drags demographic are obese teen and 20something females who are very sensitive to words.

by Anonymousreply 397August 24, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote]Aren't drag queens admired for being rude?

The term is "shady."

by Anonymousreply 398August 24, 2021 6:50 PM

I really hope it's not Ra'Jah or Sonique.

So sick of Ra'Jah's irritating voice and huge fake glasses and that singsongy "oh, my god" thing he does (which is an earworm and you know is going to be on merch if it isn't already). You can tell he does it all the time because the other queens are even repeating it now. It's all very carefully planned out and you can tell. Ru is pushing him hard though - gushing over his tacky purple runway like it's Gucci and not just purple face paint, some flowy pieces of fabric, and googly eyes glued on randomly.

I haven't forgotten Ra'Jahs real personality from his season. He was promised a redemption, and he's getting it.

I just went back and rewatched Sonique's Season 2, and she was a cunt among a season of several cunts. And then suddenly became trans and went from a surfer boy to a cougar mom. She's still a cunt, they just haven't showed it as much this season, but you can see it come out in the bits they've left in.

And I am _SO_ over everyone telling Sonique how beautiful she is.

by Anonymousreply 399August 24, 2021 7:36 PM

R399, I haven't seen cuntiness from Sonique on her original season, or on this season.

But, what I HAVE seen this season is an incredible self-centeredness, like being a trans winner is deserved, and that she's the one to do it.

by Anonymousreply 400August 24, 2021 9:00 PM

The "half in drag-half out of drag" gag is SO OLD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401August 24, 2021 9:49 PM

It doesn't matter, R401 that it is 'so old', or that it looked a bit messy R388. The point is - in a tired ass lip synch 'smackdown', the introduction of this concept seemed fresh, and got her a well deserved win.

by Anonymousreply 402August 24, 2021 9:55 PM

R394 you mean Pearl Liason from Season 7 - she was top three with Ginger and Violet.

by Anonymousreply 403August 24, 2021 11:01 PM

Here's what Pearl looks like now, by the way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 24, 2021 11:39 PM

No, that's how Pearl looked in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 405August 25, 2021 1:08 AM

I'm sure he looks even better now, in 2021!

by Anonymousreply 406August 25, 2021 1:43 AM

Yes, R406, even more filtered.

by Anonymousreply 407August 25, 2021 5:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!