Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Missouri woman didn't want a COVID-19 vaccine for fear of side effects. She caught the Delta variant and died.

A woman who turned down a COVID-19 vaccine utimately caught the disease and died.

Tricia Jones from Kansas City said she was wary of adverse effects from the shots.

Missouri has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country.

A Missouri woman who refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine because she was afraid of its side effects died in hospital last month after contracting the Delta variant, her mother told local news outlets.

Tricia Jones, a 45-year-old mother of two from Kansas City, died on June 9 after a month in hospital on a ventilator.

Her mother, Deborah Carmichael, told local media that Jones was concerned about the vaccine after hearing "a lot of horror stories."

"She was afraid of the side effects, I think ... I, myself, when I had the shot, it was rough, so it scared her and freaked her out. So she didn't want to do it. I couldn't convince her," Carmichael said, according to Newsweek.

Side effects from the vaccine are often a sign that the body is building immunity to the virus. In general, the coronavirus vaccines produce mild to moderate side effects that shouldn't last more than a few days.

This chart shows which side effects to expect based on your age, manufacturer, and dose.

Jones' 18-year-old daughter, Adriana, said she hopes no one else will "go through what we went through... Especially with the variant," Newsweek reported.

Missouri is one of the five states with the lowest vaccination rates in the US. Health experts there are racing to get people vaccinated as the Delta variant is taking hold.

The number of positive COVID-19 cases in Missouri has been spiking in the last two weeks. As of July 1, the seven-day average of new cases hit 898, up from 511 three weeks earlier, data from Johns Hopkins University shows.

"Unfortunately, the arrival of the Delta variant in Missouri is driving transmission of the virus, and is resulting in increased illness and hospitalization among a younger population and the unvaccinated," Herb Kuhn, Missouri Hospital Association President, and CEO, said in a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 31, 2021 1:34 AM

Good.

Bye cunt!

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2021 11:47 PM

Well, she showed them.

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2021 11:49 PM

We'll have to learn to live without her and all the great things she might have done and contributed, but we can at least be happy she's in a better place now.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2021 11:50 PM

No vaccine for stupidity, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2021 11:52 PM

Now who will be saddled with the hospital bill? Her poor daughters?

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2021 11:53 PM

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2021 11:55 PM

Mission accomplished!

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2021 11:55 PM

Apparently she wasn't worried about one of the side effects of the disease -- DEATH.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2021 11:56 PM

I can't be everywhere, people.

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2021 11:57 PM

Thank you Donald Cunt for your inspiring leadership.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote]Tricia Jones from Kansas City said she was wary of adverse effects from the shots.

Well, the adverse effects of COVID are even worse, such as being DEAD, like this stupid cunt is now.

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2021 12:09 AM

Awwwww. Bless her cold dead heart.

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2021 12:10 AM

Dammit… she spawned before she decided to die. No Darwin Award for her.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2021 12:15 AM

Idiot.

Womp, womp dumb, Fux consuming retard.

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2021 12:22 AM

It’s actually a pretty sad story. Her daughter has autism.

————————————————

Carmichael said, by April, Jones’ son caught the Delta variant at his junior high school, and both Jones and her husband got sick, too.

“After she got it, she said, ‘Mom you were right, about the shot, about masks, being diligent and all that.’ I was like, ‘I don’t want to be right. I want you to be well. That’s all that matters,'” Carmichael said.

Delta variant prompts some US leaders to call for return of masks indoors Jones was hospitalized and on May 13 she was put on a ventilator and then died on June 9.

“I felt like, as her mom, I brought her into this world, and the most loving thing I could do if it had to come to this is usher her into the arms of the Lord. It wasn’t my choice. It wasn’t what I wanted. Everything in me was screaming, ‘No, this can’t be right. She’s only 45,'” Carmichael said.

She leaves behind two children, including 18-year-old Adriana Jones.

“She was my best friend. She was my best friend,” Adriana said.

Adriana has autism and said her mom was her greatest support. In high school, she said she was bullied a lot because of her diagnosis, and her mom was her biggest advocate. She would come to the school and work with her counselors on how to help her.

This year, Adriana graduated high school without her mom by her side. They planned to take classes together at Metropolitan Community College. She was going to take psychology classes, and her mom planned to study business.

Feds trying to boost COVID-19 vaccines in low income, minority communities in KC “She was actually in the middle of helping me figure it all out for it, and now I feel lost because I don’t understand none of it,” Adriana said.

When her mom was in the hospital, her COVID-19 symptoms subsided. But she wasn’t able to get off the ventilator and wasn’t awake. Adriana said she would sit by her mother’s bed, and they would talk and read to her. They would read her daily devotionals, psalms, and even play some of her favorite music hoping to connect with her.

“There were so many days where I would just stand there next to my mom and say, ‘Wake up, mama, wake up.’ She would never wake up, and I just wish that she would. I don’t think anyone should have to go through what we went through. Especially with the variant,” Adriana said.

Her family is praying people will see Tricia’s life as a call to action to get their vaccine — if not for themselves, for the ones they love.

“Please take this seriously. You don’t want to see a family member you love go through this,” Carmichael said. “You have a way better chance of coming out OK than if you don’t.”

CONTINUING COVERAGE: Tracking coronavirus in the Kansas City region “I really miss you. I miss you a lot,” Adriana said.

Carmichael said she wants people to understand that the variant can be very hard on people’s bodies. She said they watched her daughter get sick very quickly.

She said nurses told her they were seeing people coming into the hospital younger and younger after not getting vaccinated. Some metro health departments tell FOX4 they are seeing younger patients getting sick as well, some of them 30 years old and younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2021 12:23 AM

r11, meet r8.

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2021 12:25 AM

She was only 45? The bitch didn't believe in vaccines or skincare!

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2021 12:27 AM

r16 why would I need to meet him?

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2021 12:29 AM

The reporter Sherae Honeycutt is a cute little thing

by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2021 12:30 AM

Zero sympathy

by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2021 12:30 AM

Get vaccinated, people!

That goes for the DLers who continue to post propaganda against the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2021 12:38 AM

Live by the COVID, die by the COVID.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2021 8:46 PM

Shit happens

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2021 8:47 PM

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2021 8:48 PM

If she ended up with debilitating side effects, she wouldn't have been able to take care of her kids anyway. People make fun of her, but there are people who ended up with horrible, debilitating side effects after getting the vaccine. Who wants to live with that?

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2021 8:52 PM

The vaccine gives you the antibodies without giving you the disease. Is that too hard for people to comprehend?

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2021 8:52 PM

We should have one collective thread for Darwinism at work for COVID anti vaxxers who deserved to die.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2021 8:53 PM

I thought the vaccine doesn't protect against the Delta variant which is why some people are recommending a return to mask wearing.

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2021 8:54 PM

“I felt like, as her mom, I brought her into this world, and the most loving thing I could do if it had to come to this is usher her into the arms of the Lord. So I did. That was Sunday. Then the Lord threw her back, like when Bob Doug reels in a big catfish nobody wants to eat anyhow so he throws that big catfish back. And it just must have been the Lord's way of saying 'I know you are speakin' my name, but I don't want yer ole diseased catfish.' Then the COVID git her anyhow Monday mornin'. So's at least we don't have that problem now. I'm not quite sure what to make of the Lord. And just like that I'm down one daughter and possibly a relationship with my personal saviour. It feels like it's been all downhill around here since November."

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2021 8:56 PM

Antivaxxers and “conservatives” are really becoming a strain on this country.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2021 8:56 PM

Creating one, more like.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2021 8:57 PM

Well it’s very sad. People make stupid choices all the time. And apparently that states full of people making stupid choices. Hopefully Delta Dawn won’t take them all out. But it could happen

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2021 11:07 PM

How many of these headlines are DLers going to post? We know why these Trumptards are dying from covid. Because they aren’t getting vaccinated. That will continue to be the case as long as they refuse to get their shots.

by Anonymousreply 33July 15, 2021 12:01 AM

I think the good thing about where we are in the pandemic is that COVID has reached the point that it's taking out all the right people. The smart ones are already vaccinated. The idiots still refusing the jab? Well, who cares. They're the weakest of the herd and Mother Nature is doing what she does so well.

by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2021 12:09 AM

R33

Because there are people spreading anti-vaxx propaganda on this forum. We must drown them out.

by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2021 1:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2021 1:22 AM

I feel bad for her family.

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2021 12:11 PM

I don't know...weighing the side affects. Getting the vaccine...sore arm, maybe a fever/chills, feeling tired...all gone within a day or two. Not getting the vaccine...a high chance of becoming gravely ill and a good chance of death....which is final. The new variant is much more deadly. At this point, I don't feel bad for these people who are being stupid and political.

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2021 1:04 PM

and I'm sure she spread it to twenty other cunts

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2021 1:06 PM

There are bogus conspiracy theories being spread by Trumpsters that the COVID vaccines will alter your DNA.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2021 1:10 PM

So? She didn't want Bill Gates controlling her mind!

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2021 2:52 PM

You sound happy she died. I think you are.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2021 2:54 PM

Speaking for myself only, R42, yes I am quite happy that such an idiot died.

But my thoughts and prayers to her family, and to you being such a lame jack ass.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2021 3:00 PM

This is the kind of situation where I feel like she got exactly what she deserved and I truly couldn’t care less. I feel sorry for her family…I’m sure it’s hard for them, no matter what. But for the woman, I feel absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote] I thought the vaccine doesn't protect against the Delta variant

Yes, it does. It’s not quite as effective, but it still provides a high level of protection.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2021 3:06 PM

Dumbass R25, almost no one has “debilitating side effects” from the vaccine. You are a clueless idiot. Her chances of contracting Covid and dying (as she did) were so much greater that it can’t be overstated.

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote] Now who will be saddled with the hospital bill? Her poor daughters?

The hospital will be saddled with it, unless they can get it from her “estate” (if there is one). They can’t come after her relatives for the money.

by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2021 3:11 PM

R38, another bullet point for your list of problems of the unvaccinated: getting COVID-19, especially the varients, getting sick but recovering. Then living with a range of debilitating side effects for months to years.

by Anonymousreply 48July 15, 2021 3:17 PM

There have been some very rare severe complications from the vaccines. Again, they are very rare. You have a better chance of being killed or disabled in a car accident on the way to the grocery store than you do dying or winding up disabled from the vaccines.

People don't seem to be afraid to do that, though.

by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2021 3:27 PM

A new soap opera: As The Herd Thins.

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2021 3:49 PM

[quote] We'll have to learn to live without her and all the great things she might have done

Surely there must be support groups for people like us.

by Anonymousreply 51July 15, 2021 4:18 PM

And the Darwin award goes to...

by Anonymousreply 52July 15, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote] A Missouri woman didn't want a COVID-19 vaccine for fear of side effects. She caught the Delta variant and died.

I love this punchline!

by Anonymousreply 53July 15, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote] There are bogus conspiracy theories being spread by Trumpsters that the COVID vaccines will alter your DNA.

To be honest, most of them would only benefit from their DNA being altered.

by Anonymousreply 54July 15, 2021 4:25 PM

Whenever a MAGA dies of Covid, an angelfood cake weeps.

by Anonymousreply 55July 15, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote] You sound happy she died. I think you are.

I'd be happy if you died, too. One less Trump voter is always a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 56July 15, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote] You sound happy she died. I think you are.

I'm the person you're responding too but I'll say I'm not really "happy" but I also am just saying to myself "well, she did it to herself". Seriously. She did it to herself. She choose not to get teh vaccine and then she died. The end. That's what happens when you choose to be MAGA instead of a living, breathing human being.

by Anonymousreply 57July 15, 2021 4:41 PM

Told you I was hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 58July 15, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote]You have a better chance of being killed or disabled in a car accident on the way to the grocery store

Just how big a chance? And exactly which grocery store?

by Anonymousreply 59July 15, 2021 4:47 PM

Rinse and repeat, OP.

by Anonymousreply 60July 15, 2021 4:56 PM

No thoughts, no prayers. Just another dead trumpie from one of THE most racist, redneck states in the union. Bye, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 61July 15, 2021 5:07 PM

I sincerely hope the 18 year old autistic daughter has been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 62July 15, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote] I'm the person you're responding too

Oh, dear.

[quote]She choose not to get teh vaccine

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 63July 15, 2021 5:22 PM

The article says she has another child, a son, and a husband.

Therefore the hospital can go after the husband for the massive medical bill she incurred.

by Anonymousreply 64July 15, 2021 5:24 PM

r63 doesn't know how the internet works.

by Anonymousreply 65July 15, 2021 8:15 PM

Hard to have empathy for people who are willfully ignorant and stubborn, especially when it affects their health and those around them. Much of this refusal to get vaccinated is cultural/tribal/political. Trump was among the first to get vaccinated, but he doesn't promote it even though it will likely save tens of thousands of lives, because anti-science and anti-common sense is significant part of his followers mentality that he builds political clout by exploiting and manipulating.

by Anonymousreply 66July 15, 2021 8:58 PM

I'm sure all the FO(au)X News talking shitheads have all been vaccinated, too....while badmouthing it to their gullible sheep.

by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2021 3:17 AM

Tricia OWNED the libtards.

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2021 3:24 AM

[quote] A woman who turned down a COVID-19 vaccine utimately caught the disease and died.

Just the one?

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2021 3:26 AM

I hope more MAGAs follow her example.

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2021 3:34 AM

Did her family put up a gofundme to bet for funeral money?

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2021 3:36 AM

I meant to type beg instead of bet

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote] “After she got it, she said, ‘Mom you were right, about the shot, about masks, being diligent and all that.’ I was like, ‘I don’t want to be right. I want you to be well. That’s all that matters,'” Carmichael said.

Mom spilled the beans. The daughter was an anti-Covid, anti-vaxxer, anti-masker

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2021 3:54 AM

[quote]R63 doesn't know how the internet works.

R65 has no idea how Datalounge works, nor the English language.

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2021 12:02 PM

[quote]How many of these headlines are DLers going to post?

You can never have too many feel-good stories like this during these rough times.

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote] Whenever a MAGA dies of Covid, an angelfood cake weeps.

Let them die! Just tell where the fucking cake is!

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2021 12:10 PM

The mom seems awesome.

I wonder if the husband played a part in her not getting the vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2021 12:24 PM

Thoughts and prayers

by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2021 12:34 PM

blood clotting explained

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2021 12:52 PM

My heart goes out to her family. She may not have been the brightest bulb in the pack, but at least her mother wasn't afraid to get the vaccine. No one deserves to lose a child and no one deserves to lose their mother at such a young age.

by Anonymousreply 80July 16, 2021 1:41 PM

I watched the video of the family. It is sad. Yes...I do get very annoyed and angry with the deniers and the willful against covid and the vaccine. There are real assholes out there.. very militant about it. This woman was afraid, yet her mother and daughter (I think) got the vaccine, so it wasn't an F U, owning the "libs". Her mother had a bad reaction to the vaccine, but she's alive. The woman saw that and it added to her fear. It is a shame. Have to understand the context of this.

by Anonymousreply 81July 16, 2021 2:06 PM

R799 Thanks for the detailed explanation by Sucharit Bhakdi, it is very informative.

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2021 2:40 PM

r74 should just die already

by Anonymousreply 83July 16, 2021 2:40 PM

sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 16, 2021 2:43 PM

she did not get the vaccine out of stupidity but out of Fear. Fear is a powerful thing. The next time you are really afraid of something think about how awful it would be for someone to tell you that you are just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 85July 16, 2021 2:46 PM

But she clearly wasn’t very pro-mask, based on what her mom said.

If she was so fearful of illness, seems like she’d be super safe and masked up.

How come she wasn’t scared of the virus (which is much more of a risk), but she’s scared of the vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 86July 16, 2021 2:50 PM

Fear is usually due to ignorance. It's so easy to educate oneself about those things we fear so as to understand and overcome it. ​She choseto stay in fear so oh well.

by Anonymousreply 87July 16, 2021 2:53 PM

Can we have her stuff...oh, wait Missouri.

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 88July 16, 2021 2:57 PM

Whoever posts conspiracy theory nonsense should be F&Fed to oblivion. Fuck you, sociopaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 16, 2021 3:01 PM

This is why I don't care if they get it and die and why it annoys me that masks could be mandated again for these losers who won't get a vaccine. Republicans, you're not owning the libs by not getting vaccinated. Black people, they're not experimenting on you, this time. Get the fucking vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 90July 16, 2021 3:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 16, 2021 3:09 PM

I hope you die, R91 and take your antivaxxer bullshit you've been spreading her in the past week or so with you.

by Anonymousreply 92July 16, 2021 3:11 PM

r87 not all fear is ignorance. I am terrified of water and heights. I am not ignorant to the fact that I can't swim and that I can fall if I am too high off the ground.

by Anonymousreply 93July 16, 2021 3:13 PM

I condole her.

by Anonymousreply 94July 16, 2021 3:15 PM

R17, she’s on the left in R15’s pic. I don’t think she looked old at all.

by Anonymousreply 95July 16, 2021 3:15 PM

Everybody was kung Foo Fighting…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 16, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote] Republicans, you're not owning the libs by not getting vaccinated.

Let ‘em own us, please.

by Anonymousreply 97July 16, 2021 4:20 PM

Missouri resident here. I’ve heard just this afternoon that our medical facilities are going back into more strict precautions and virtual visits when there is the option. I’ve also heard multiple cases of vaccinated people with Covid bad enough to be hospitalized. I’m vaccinated as are all my important people. I am however worried about kids who aren’t old enough to get the vaccine. I don’t give a single shit about the idiots not vaccinated, but I’m very worried about them giving the virus to our kids.

by Anonymousreply 98July 16, 2021 8:07 PM

Good. One less idiot around.

by Anonymousreply 99July 16, 2021 8:11 PM

The Covidiots new mantra is, "My body, my choice." So, I guess you chose to die, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 100July 16, 2021 8:16 PM

Twats and preyers.

by Anonymousreply 101July 16, 2021 8:20 PM

Today's "I'd regret it if I were still alive" entry:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 16, 2021 9:56 PM

So delicious - it's gotta be fattening!! Keep the inspirational stories coming!!

by Anonymousreply 103July 17, 2021 12:00 AM

Most of these anti-vaxxers get their opinions from other Trumpsters, Facebook and anti-science social media. If that's the only news source you hear all day, you become brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 104July 17, 2021 1:19 AM

I saw this woman's daughters on CNN this morning. So sad for them.

But, having said that, it seems like she wasn't going to get her shots even AFTER she got out of the hospital.

This is based on what one of her girls said.

by Anonymousreply 105July 17, 2021 1:24 AM

If you can't laugh at these unvaccinated people getting covid and dying you've got a heart of stone.

by Anonymousreply 106July 17, 2021 8:54 PM

R79 is a piece of shit who posts conspiracy theory and vaccine disinformation

by Anonymousreply 107July 20, 2021 3:10 AM

another one bites the dust.....no sympathy for them at all

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2021 3:20 AM

Sassy Texas Trumpfrau (and Abby Lee Miller lookalike) Karen Kolb Sehlke will be there to greet her new friend from Missouri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 20, 2021 3:34 AM

Gloating aside isn't that the same risk anybody takes with side effects of a drug or medical procedure. Some will be saved and some will be lost.

CDC: 4,115 Fully Vaccinated Have Been Hospitalized Or Died With Breakthrough Covid-19 Infections

The 4,115 number does not represent all breakthrough infections that have happened. They are just reported cases where hospitalizations or deaths happened to occur. Back in April, the CDC stopped keeping track of all reported breakthrough infections, choosing instead to focus going forward just on those in which hospitalizations or deaths were involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 20, 2021 4:22 AM

What fucking horror stories about side effects? Feeling a little crummy for a day or two is not a horror.

Covid has proven the chicken shit selfishness of so many stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 111July 20, 2021 5:54 AM

We have a pandemic of ignorance in this country.

by Anonymousreply 112July 20, 2021 6:41 AM

She fucked around. She found out.

by Anonymousreply 113July 20, 2021 6:45 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 20, 2021 6:49 AM

Hmmm, r110, seems like you missed (I suspect intentionally) some salient points in the article:

That’s as of June 21, 2021. Nearly half (49 percent) of these cases have been female and a little over three-quarters (76 percent) have been 65 years and older. There were a total of 3,907 hospitalizations [bold]and 750 deaths[bold] among those who had breakthrough infections, [bold]although not all of the hospitalizations may have been due primarily to Covid-19.[/bold] [Emphasis mine.]

But consider the fact that over 150 million people in U.S. have already been fully vaccinated in U.S. Doing a quick calculation with your abacus and your fingers and toes will reveal that the [bold]4,115 cases[/bold] (note: not deaths) constitute less than 0.003% of all fully vaccinated people in the U.S. Compare that with the measured effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccine, which has ranged from about 70 percent to 95 plus percent.

And on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 115July 20, 2021 12:26 PM

For some, these stories are a kind of porn. It's got to be a yahoo, though.

by Anonymousreply 116July 20, 2021 12:29 PM

[quote] For some, these stories are a kind of porn.

*frantically waves hand*

by Anonymousreply 117July 20, 2021 1:07 PM

R84 there’s a lot of chatter about the second mRNA shot causing heart complications. That must be the fiftieth case I’ve heard of someone having a severe cardiac issue right after vaccine #2. Where there’s smoke...

by Anonymousreply 118July 20, 2021 1:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 20, 2021 3:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 20, 2021 3:54 PM

From R119’s link:

[quote] For months, Zuern, a member of the pro-Trump group the United Cape Patriots, had promoted conspiracy theories about the pandemic on Facebook. . . Zuern died at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston of severe complications caused by COVID-19, according to the report. She was 70 years old and had not been vaccinated.

🤷‍♂️ What can you do? These people think that they know better than everyone else, especially legions of doctors and scientists who have devoted their lives to studying these issues. Instead of accepting well documented science — even with a healthy dose of skepticism — they choose to see nefarious and ridiculous conspiracy theories at every turn. And then, when these ignorant clods get sick and die, the rest of us get to point at them and say that they were clearly wrong. Too late for them! Inexplicably, they are so willing to “own the libs” that they gamble with their health and are willing to pay for this extreme risk with their lives.

They are irredeemable. Sadly, their intransigent stupidity has the potential to bring the rest of us down with them. 🤬

by Anonymousreply 121July 20, 2021 3:54 PM

[quote] Zuern died at Brigham and Women's Hospital

She was in two hospitals?

by Anonymousreply 122July 20, 2021 4:42 PM

I got my first jab today.

by Anonymousreply 123July 20, 2021 4:45 PM

You’re no longer a virgin?

by Anonymousreply 124July 20, 2021 4:52 PM

I can almost guarantee had the woman in r119’s article lived, she would’ve denied it was COVID and claimed some other illness caused her to be in the hospital. There’s no dealing with stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 125July 20, 2021 4:53 PM

They're dropping like flies ladies and gentlemen.

by Anonymousreply 126July 20, 2021 5:27 PM

what was playing on her ipod?

by Anonymousreply 127July 20, 2021 5:28 PM

The vaccine may not cause autism but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 20, 2021 5:38 PM

R118, thousands got sick from a bad batch of the polio vaccine. People knew some people were going to have very bad side effects or die. But they took it anyway because polio was bad and people back in the olden days actually cared about protecting other people and society as a whole. Everyone took it, you couldn’t go to school without it. As soon as it was available, people got in line.

No vaccine has ever been 100%, especially not with all the variants we have now. Which have only developed because people refuse to be vaccinated or wear a mask. But people still take vaccines, because 65% protection is better than zero protection. And if you expose a sick person to a disease, that person could die. And that person’s life has value to them and their family. It’s not up to you to decide you’re the only person in the universe that matters. Narcissism doesn’t trump reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 20, 2021 5:44 PM

R127:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 20, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote]I can almost guarantee had the woman in [R119]’s article lived, she would’ve denied it was COVID and claimed some other illness caused her to be in the hospital. There’s no dealing with stupidity.

I read an interview with a nurse who said she had COVID patients who denied the virus' reality even as they were being intubated.

by Anonymousreply 131July 20, 2021 6:02 PM

I believe it.

“Oh, you’re being melodramatic. Really, it’s just a stomach bug.”

by Anonymousreply 132July 20, 2021 7:02 PM

Well, if she caught it, how long before everybody else in Missouri gets it?

by Anonymousreply 133July 20, 2021 8:30 PM

R124 First jab, as in first shot, as in first vaccine dose.

by Anonymousreply 134July 20, 2021 8:52 PM

Bless your heart, Norwegian.

You’re too cute.

by Anonymousreply 135July 21, 2021 10:31 AM

R128 can you post your link again? It’s broken.

Just because I’m curious. I mean, I have Asperger’s that’s getting worse by the day anyway, but fuck it, let’s hear the bad news.

by Anonymousreply 136July 21, 2021 3:10 PM

I knew a woman in Missouri that had COVID once.

And then she DIED.

by Anonymousreply 137July 21, 2021 3:11 PM

R129 Narcissism is part of reality

by Anonymousreply 138July 22, 2021 9:46 AM

R136

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 22, 2021 9:48 AM

R138, some people may deny reality but it doesn’t change reality, like people who think the vaccine is worse than Covid, then they die from Covid.

by Anonymousreply 140July 24, 2021 11:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 25, 2021 1:30 PM

I have issues with doctors who post on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 142July 25, 2021 2:07 PM

What I find amusing about this is that former anti-vaccers, like Sean Hannity, Ron DeSantis and the governor of Alabama are now saying the unvaccinated should consult their physicians about getting the shot.

This just shows how fucking out of touch these people really are. Consult your physician???? Really???? Most of these yahoos don't have a physician to consult because they fucking don't have health insurance. They're luck if they've seen a doctor once in the previous 10 years. If they are seriously ill, they end up as charity cases as the local hospital ER.

Consult your physician, indeed. So entitled. So upper middle class. So predictable for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 143July 25, 2021 2:26 PM

A Springfield hospital has had 70+ deaths so far this month. None vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 144July 27, 2021 4:54 PM

I have a irrationally low tolerance for stupid people. They can’t help how their brains (don’t) work. Still, it’s annoying.

I guess a more charitable way to look at it is that we’re all stupid in SOME area.

But I like the bumper sticker, “Lead, follow, or [italic]get out of the way.”

by Anonymousreply 145July 27, 2021 5:36 PM

Another one bites the dust. A friend of a friend lost her mother only a few days after she tested positive. She didn’t even make it to the hospital. 70-something with multiple not well controlled co-morbidities. Whole family heavily anti-vax. Granny was upset to miss a grandchild’s wedding this weekend. Then she died. The party must go on and I’m sure it’ll be wall to wall covidiots double dipping at the Covid fountain.

by Anonymousreply 146July 31, 2021 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!