Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeff Bezos taking a dig at Richard Branson's FAKE space travel!

From the beginning, New Shepard was designed to fly above the Kármán line so none of our astronauts have an asterisk next to their name. For 96% of the world’s population, space begins 100 km up at the internationally recognized Kármán line. Only 4% of the world recognizes a lower limit of 80 km or 50 miles as the beginning of space. New Shepard flies above both boundaries. One of the many benefits of flying with Blue Origin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2021 3:48 PM

Miss Thing tries to steal my thunder!

WE'LL see who's realer!

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2021 6:08 AM

Elon Musk deserves major credit for resisting the urge to visit the ISS on one of his own manned launches, because if HE died, it would set back America's space program by at least 15-25 years & could possibly put us behind China forever.

Bezos & Branson are selling expensive thrill rides. Musk is taking us to the Moon & Mars. HE's the MAN!

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2021 6:27 AM

Kármán Miranda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2021 6:28 AM

Plus, Musk visited Branson to earnestly wish him well. Virgin & SpaceX aren't really "competitors" any more than Royal Caribbean & Maersk are.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2021 6:30 AM

There is another point to consider. Branson says he reached "A space altitude of 53.5 miles". As far back as 1963 the X-15 rose to 67 miles. He hasn't really broken new ground.

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2021 6:40 AM

Girls, girls! You’re both tiresome tax-dodging cunts.

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2021 6:43 AM

What a petty, bitchy little comment. He must be burning with jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2021 6:56 AM

Watching these oligarchs falling over themselves to publicly measure their penises is hilarious.

But really - I'm waiting for the first one to explode in space! That will be fun.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2021 6:59 AM

How about we shoot most of the billionaires into space, but they don't come back?

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2021 7:05 AM

Despite giving away billions, ex Mackenzie's net worth keeps rising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2021 7:08 AM

And she keeps funding the worst of the trans central stations.

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2021 8:01 AM

Who the fuck cares about a couple of billionaires playing with their toys.

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2021 8:20 AM

All these billionaires need to just die already.

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2021 8:22 AM

The mentally ill "hey let's turn every thread into an anti trans troll thread" shits need to die already too, so sick of them. No one likes to hang around these obsessive types no matter what the obsession is, they could be obsessed with something cool like chocolate but if they posted "bleh bleh bleh chocolate bleh bleh" in every thread they'd be hated regardless what anyone thought about chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2021 8:25 AM

Burning fossil fuels like a boss, while telling the little people to be good little minions and plug in their 60k+ vehicles that stress the electric grid.

by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2021 8:31 AM

I'm with R8, just waiting for the first explosion. It will be beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2021 9:02 AM

I hope when Bezos goes up he never comes back! Ghastly human.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2021 10:36 AM

Turn them into space debris! I really hope they burst into a million fucking tiny little particles and float around in space forever.

by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2021 2:00 PM

Branson is the least repulsive billionaire. He also started his own airline and has been involved in investing in space travel research for decades.

Bezos is a prick.

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2021 2:28 PM

The SHADE of it all!

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2021 2:34 PM

Bezos, one of the richest people on this burning planet, paid in taxes, about the same or less than a teacher paid.

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2021 3:07 PM

I HOPE THAT WHEN BEZOS GOES INTO SPACE he looks for my lost packages Amazon could never find.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2021 5:46 PM

By mere fact of being a billionaire is a worthless sack of human pus. There us nothing redeeming about any of them.

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2021 5:58 PM

Pissing contest....who has the farthest stream....

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2021 6:05 PM

Bezos could live 212 + lifetimes...living up to age 100 years each, still live a fabulously wealthy lifestyle....with a lot of money left over.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2021 6:11 PM

I honestly don't get the anti-Elon hate. He COULD have just taken his Paypal cash & spent the rest of his life living like Dan Bilzerian... but instead, used it to start a company that almost single-handedly saved America's space program & accomplished more in 10 years than NASA did in the previous 25.

Seriously, y'all have NO IDEA just how dire NASA's situation was 12 years ago. The Shuttle was over, and we had literally NOTHING capable of replacing it within 5 years. SLS had most of the Shuttle's drawbacks (expensive, finicky to launch, and still years away from human-rating), and NONE of Falcon's advantages.

500 years from now, Elon Musk will be remembered like Von Braun.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2021 8:37 PM

^ lets not think about NASA and the wasted money on this or that trip. We are not going to live on the Moon or Mars anytime soon...just a pissing contest. Money could be spent here at home.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2021 8:51 PM

NASA's annual budget is literally piss in the Pacific Ocean compared to everything ELSE the federal government spends money on. If you're an average American taxpayer, NASA's annual share of your taxes comes out to something like $2-3. Do you genuinely NOT get at least $2-3/year of entertainment value and fun out of NASA's activities?

By comparison, I think Russian taxpayers have to pay the equivalent of $10-20/year just to keep their own space program relevant, and it's only THAT low because most of THEIR infrastructure was bought, built, and paid for back when it was still the Soviet Union (with 2-3 times the population, and a global de-facto empire to boot).

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2021 12:52 AM

Bezos is quite full of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2021 10:57 PM

He's a colossal asshole.

by Anonymousreply 30July 17, 2021 12:40 PM

What’s the point of having billions if it just sits there? I get it - it’s a pissing contest. But I think of how many homeless shelters, mental health programs, lgbt programs, animal shelters, etc., that I’d love to financially support. Not saying these guys don’t, but I’m guessing it’s a lot less than they could be.

by Anonymousreply 31July 17, 2021 12:48 PM

𝐉𝐞𝐟𝐟 𝐁𝐞𝐳𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐮𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Despite flying to the edge of space, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos does not qualify for his astronaut wings, after the US Federal Aviation Authority tightened its rules.

Bezos and the crew of Blue Origin took off from their base at Van Horn, Texas, at 9.12am EST on Tuesday, the 52nd anniversary of the moon landing.

They ascended for four minutes before the fully autonomous New Shepard rocket booster separated, leaving them floating in zero gravity for four minutes.

It is the autonomous portion of the spaceflight that will see Bezos, his brother Mark, Wally Funk and Oliver Daemen miss out on their FAA-approved wings.

In order to qualify, they have to make a contribution to the flight and to human space flight safety while travelling beyond the 50 miles mark defined as space by the FAA.

It is possible Wally Funk may be given 'honorary astronaut wings' by the FAA for 'demonstrating and extraordinary contribution' to human spaceflight.

So far, only Virgin Galactic pilots, flying the spaceplane from the cockpit, and chief astronaut Beth Moses, who flew solo in the cabin on a test flight, have been awarded the new commercial FAA astronaut wings. Nobody from Blue Origin has qualified.

With the Blue Origin New Shepard spacecraft controlled entirely from the ground, with no input from the crew on board, the new FAA criteria wasn't met.

This could put the entire space tourism industry in doubt, experts predict, as passengers on the various spacecraft wouldn't 'get their wings'.

Branson and his crew were each given a specific task to operate while in the cabin, with Branson responsible for 'the passenger experience' which may be enough for them to each qualify for FAA wings, although that isn't entirely clear.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2021 3:10 PM

Well, they’re right, but that doesn’t make it any less embarrassing and try-hard a post.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2021 3:14 PM

This is just the newest version of the super-rich trying to outdo each other instead of just whipping out their dicks and measuring them to see who has the bigger hog. Space is the new hot air balloon.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2021 3:44 PM

These two QUEENS, again?

Ugh!

Enough.

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2021 3:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!