Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Horror Stories

The spin-off. I’m curious to see if it’ll be any good. Looks like episode 1 revisits Murder House an the rubber suit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2021 4:13 PM

Can someone succinctly explain exactly what this is?

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2021 1:07 PM

The first series were brilliant, but it went sideways as the episodes progressed.

I’m not even sure if I’ll bother with this.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2021 1:09 PM

It’s an anthology, R1, with a different story each week.

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2021 1:14 PM

It’s probably hit or miss—like with all anthology; some are good; some are bad; some are just okay.

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2021 1:20 PM

It sounds like some of the same actors will appear throughout the series, but I don’t know if they’ll play the same characters?

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2021 1:23 PM

It'll probably be decent given that the plots won't have to be stretched out over 10-13 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2021 2:05 PM

Ryan Murphy has named some of the cast.

Matt Bomer (AHS: Hotel), John Carroll Lynch (AHS: Freak Show), Naomi Grossman (AHS: Freak Show), Billie Lourd (AHS: Cult)

Kevin McHale (Glee), Aaron Tveit, Gavin Creel, Paris Jackson, Kaia Gerber, Charles Melton, Danny Trejo, Sierra McCormick, Ashley Martin Carter, Belissa Escobedo,Rhenzy Feliz, Madison Bailey, Kyle Red Silverstein, Amy Grabow (who has been cast as Tipper Gore), Dyllon Burnside, Nico Greetham and Virginia Gardner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2021 9:36 PM

Anyone catch the first 2 episodes last night? A bit meh. Murphy needs to stop with the stunt casting of young people who can’t act. Paris Jackson was okay, but Kaia Gerber… let’s just say she’s as good an actor as her mother was.

by Anonymousreply 8July 16, 2021 12:42 PM

Already a viewing thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2021 12:48 PM

This one was first.

by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2021 12:50 PM

Ryan Murphy is an American horror story.

A middling talent as obsessed with seeing his name in print as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2021 12:54 PM

Murphy needs to stop with the nepotism and stunt casting. I can appreciate giving young talent a break, but filling your shows with celeb spawn who can’t act just makes the show so low-rent. Maybe he does it to distract from the abysmal writing.

by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2021 1:58 PM

Anyone watch episode 3? Or are we sticking a fork in it already?

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2021 1:05 AM

Really weak Drive-In episode three.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2021 1:11 AM

I thought the actress who played the daughter was good in ep 1 and ep 2, but that Kaia Gerber was incredibly wooden. So much so it really contrasts with everyone else's acting level.

She comes off expressionless and monotone in her lines.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2021 2:01 AM

Just finished watching ep 3, it was bad. I should have know once they had the nonbinary biting a guy's dick off, but this ep was just trying to be a mini teen horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2021 3:05 AM

Episode 3 really was bad, and not even in. ‘campy’ bad way that makes it fun. At least there was no celeb spawn.

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2021 11:29 AM

There seem to be three threads about this show, which one is the official one?

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2021 5:46 PM

I created this one first, but it has the least replies. But really - does it matter? Collectively, they have less than 100 replies. Doesn't bode well for this show if the gays aren't watching it.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2021 5:58 PM

OK, I didn’t read the background on this series, so maybe some of these are given if you have:

1) Is this a YA show, or is it just the first three have teen characters at the center?

2) They could have easily just done it as season of the regular series as a collection of individual standalone episodes and it still would have fit the anthology format. Why spin this off as a separate series?

3) As a streaming show an episode can last 15 minutes or two and a half hours, why break up the first story into two parts, I don’t get that formatting, was it suppose to add something to it?

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2021 6:20 PM

Like "Night Gallery" and "Twilight Zone" different stories every week.

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2021 4:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!