Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rob Zombie is doing a reboot of The Munsters

Good or bad idea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2021 10:56 PM

I'd rather see a new show in the vein of [italic]The Munsters[/italic] but with more recent horror movie characters. How about a sitcom where Freddie, Jason, and Chucky are roommates?

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2021 12:12 AM

Too late and off topic.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2021 12:13 AM

Whoop-de-doo!

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2021 12:20 AM

Didn't Bryan Singer try that a couple of years ago?

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2021 12:31 AM

Gee, I just wonder who he will possibly cast as play Lily Munster!

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2021 12:32 AM

Gee, I just wonder who he will possibly cast as play Lily Munster!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2021 12:33 AM

Rob Zombie shared the first pictures of the cast in character today. Jeff Daniel Phillips as Herman Munster, Sheri Moon Zombie as Lily Munster, and Daniel Roebuck as Grandpa Munster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 2:38 PM

The poor mans' Aadams Family

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 2:42 PM

That's like Jeffrey Dahmer doing a cookbook. Talk about overkill. I doubt he has the subtlety to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 2:43 PM

I could really use the work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 2:58 PM

His work is trash and I say that as a hardcore horror fan. Huge pass.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 3:01 PM

Two predictions:

1. Marilyn will be a crass, tatted-up stripper.

2. Herman's race car, "Drag-u-la,' will be heavily featured.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 3:18 PM

Whoever owns the rights to the Munsters is probably desperate to catch up with the profits of the Charles Addams estate. But the Munsters always labored under the fact that it was a parody of the classic Universal monster concept and can't really go any deeper than that, whereas the Addams are derived from a genuinely brilliant series of cartoons originally appearing in the New Yorker that can be dumbed down and smartened up as needed.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 3:19 PM

I like some of Rob Zombie's movies (Lords of Salem and House of 1,000 Corpses are both really good), but his shtick does wear thin at times. I find Jeff Daniel Phillips terribly sexy. He's burly and beautiful, and has hardcore BDF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2021 7:02 PM

Horrible idea. All of his movies are centered around trailer trash and he’s incapable of making non-trailer trash characters.

I loved “The Devils Rejects” and thought the trailer trash horror concept was cool but then I saw “Halloween” and he made it trailer trashy.

So basically we’re going to see a trailer trash version of “The Munsters”. I don’t understand his obsession seeing as he’s from Haverhill, MA which is a suburb 45 minutes outside of Boston.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2021 7:07 PM

R15 Rob and Sheri are, believe it or not, hippie vegans who live (or lived—I'm not sure if they still do?) on a farm in rural NW Connecticut. The scuzzy, depraved lives they depict in his movies seem far-removed from what they're actually like. That being said, Rob's parents were apparently carnies, which might account for his tendency toward/fascination with trashiness.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2021 7:12 PM

The Devil’s Rejects the most vile, evil movie I’ve ever seen. Made me physically sick

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]I like some of Rob Zombie's movies (Lords of Salem and House of 1,000 Corpses are both really good)

No, Lords of Salem is a TERRIBLE movie! And his wife is a terrible actress - Flanagan gets criticized for casting his wife, but at least she is reasonably talented (if not overrated). SMZ just flat out sucks.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2021 7:25 PM

I also really loved Lords of Salem. It's far from terrible.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2021 7:30 PM

R18 Sheri Moon Zombie is in practically all of his movies, so I'm not factoring her acting abilities into the equation. Everything else about "The Lords of Salem" is effective and creepy, and the visuals are unnerving. It's a great throwback to the witchcraft films of the '70s. Meg Foster in particular is utterly terrifying in it.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2021 8:07 PM

In the picture at R7 1313 Mockingbird Lane looks fantastic but all the Munsters just look off -- more like a Munsters parody sketch from the old Carol Burnett Show. Some things are visually iconic, even if they are just pop culture. The Addams Family movies were entertaining and well done, but I've always felt only Christina Ricci really visually surpassed her TV predecessor.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2021 10:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!