Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Medical Question: What does Arthritis Feel Like?

I know you're going to call me names, but I am curious.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 5:02 PM

Perfect question for me in the morning...It feels like tightness/stiffness in my fingers...like I am having issues typing at the moment. I have a very mild case—discomfort not pain—but my understanding is it can be quite painful.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2021 11:46 AM

Like a mild to moderate toothache in your joints.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2021 11:49 AM

It's not that bad if you keep being very active and exercise. Also, creatina helps

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2021 11:52 AM

Grinding & heavyness in my back. Worse on damp days.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2021 12:24 PM

Thank you for answering. I think I have it in my shoulder and my arm. I have my annual physical next week and and will talk to my doctor about it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2021 3:11 PM

My neck, my back, my pussy, and my crack!

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote]I think I have it in my shoulder and my arm.

Do ECG, heart ultrasound, and blood tests too as you might be at the onset of chronic heart failure.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 4:23 PM

It can get uncomfortable to the point that you'd rather chop off your limb than live with the pain.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 4:33 PM

I haven’t had any joint pain since I started taking fish oil tablets.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 4:36 PM

Op types old!

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 4:38 PM

I had a lot of joint and muscle pain before I went on a very low carb diet. Low carb equals no tissue inflammation.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 4:42 PM

You're definitely asking the right crowd, op.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote]Do ECG, heart ultrasound, and blood tests too as you might be at the onset of chronic heart failure.

I will ask about those things. I have been concerned about that, even though I haven't had any other other "heart" related symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 4:45 PM

Five years ago, I developed psoriatic arthritis, though I didn't know what it was at the time. It completely immobilized my legs to the point I could barely walk. It also hit the joints of my hands and gnarled them up. Once it was diagnosed, I was put on cosentyx, which has been great. Totally stopped the inflammation. But it was incredibly painful and incapacitating.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 4:46 PM

[quote]Low carb equals no tissue inflammation.

Only refined carbs cause inflammation. Processed meats are low in carbs but very inflammatory. Blueberries are high in carbs relative to other fruits but are excellent inflammation fighters.

That said, my mom has arthritis throughout her spine and diet seems to have no effect at bettering or worsening the pain.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2021 4:53 PM

So. Much. Pain. In. My. Fingers. But. I. Simply. MUST. Respond. To. OP's. Request.

It. Hurts. So. Much!

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2021 4:55 PM

I forget that how astute and intelligent gay men can be that there’s a definite subsection of fibromyalgic, munchausens having fucking FRAUS

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 4:59 PM

Gout is arthritis and it hurts like S-H-I-T!!!

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!