Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happened to the "Britney Impassioned Plea" from yesterday?

I just logged on after work and couldn't find it in my watched threads, then when i searched for it and clicked on it, it said "thread not found" - twice. Why would that thread be deleted?

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2021 8:37 AM

It's part of the Big Conspiracy

to destroy Britney

I'd tell you more, but I've already said too much

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2021 2:04 AM

I wondered the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 2June 26, 2021 3:35 AM

Who cares? There’s already several other threads on the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3June 26, 2021 3:38 AM

Maybe I killed it by including a comprehensive anthology of her intentionally flashing her labia

by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2021 4:21 AM

Impassioned Plea?

What did she do? Do another one of the twirls and then talk in her hyper baby voice to convince us she's a functioning adult?

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2021 4:26 AM

Originally I didn't care that much about the situation because I assumed she was in the conservatorship for her own safety. Her breakdown was awful and she endangered herself and her kids. She's also obviously mentally ill and her Instagram videos show her to be very childlike. But the #FreeBritney thing made me think that the conservatorship should probably end not because she's mentally competent but because she should have the freedom to ruin her life like everyone else does. She's being protected in a conservatorship because she's Britney Spears and is worth a lot of money. Why is she so special? Let her destroy her life, throw away her kids inheritance and bring another child into the world that she can't provide financial or emotional support to.

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2021 4:31 AM

Anyone seriously talking about Britney Spears and this issue that has nothing to do with them is as crazy as Michael Jackson's lunatic fans

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2021 4:36 AM

I suspect that most of the people saying "Free Britney" on social media know nothing about serious mental illnesses, AND are too young to remember her last breakdown.

I also suspect they're the same nitwits who think that if the police stop arresting criminals, the criminals will be so happy they wont need to commit any crimes and everything will be great.

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2021 6:24 AM

R8 Given how most of them can't hold a neutral discussion on this topic without resorting to name calling and repeating "let her live her life". I would safely say many of them are immature or mentally unstable themselves.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2021 6:41 AM

Probably somebody’s fee-fees got hurt so the thread was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2021 6:44 AM

R8

I remember her breakdown, and i was in support of this conservatorship and thought her father saved her, but i changed my mind after her court call. It's strange that she worked so much while being allegedly severely mentally ill. She made albums, toured, judged shows. It's strange that she only worth 60 or so millions after decade of work under control of conservatorship. It's strange that she obviously is scared of her father. It's not going to be good for anyone's mental health to be in power of a person he/she is afraid of. It's strange that she is not allowed rather small things like mani/pedi, massages, driving in the car with bf, meeting therapist at her house. When you denied a simple things like that, it reeks of intentional harassment.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2021 7:35 AM

R11 I don’t believe her for a minute she wasn’t allowed mani/pedi or massages. She’s a mentally brat who is being protected from herself.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2021 7:42 AM

R12

I do. She looked unkempt for a long time. And denying person (whose work keeps all those people wealthy) small and harmless pleasures in life is abusive. Anyway, it's not the main factor. Her money and her fear of father are much more troubling.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2021 7:53 AM

[quote]It's strange that she only worth 60 or so millions

The poor dear! She’s almost on the breadline!

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2021 8:05 AM

R13 Well, she does look unkept in a rather high-maintenance way. She’s not putting in those hair extensions herself. I’m not surprised she’s afraid of her father, if he’s the one who has to tell her no.

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2021 8:24 AM

Maybe the mani/pedi and massage people were giving her drugs.

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2021 8:36 AM

R16

Then it means her conservator is not doing his job properly. Anyway, it's pointless to even talk about. If she is as mentally ill as her family claims, it means she shouldn't have worked all those years in public profession. I mean, do you ever dealt with a person with serious mental illness? They are unpredictable as fuck. You wouldn't talk about ridiculous shit like shaving her head decade ago as an evidence of her illness.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2021 9:38 AM

R15

And yet he lives on her money. I mean, don't you see how vile it is?

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2021 9:40 AM

What *is* her diagnosis? Bipolar I? Schizoaffective?

Anyone care to speculate?

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2021 9:44 AM

Remember, there are two separate legal issues here: 1) Does Britney need to be under conservatorship, and if so, 2) is her family doing an okay job of being her conservators?

My answers would be 1) I don't know and neither does anyone else talking about this on the internet, and 2) hell to the no!

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2021 10:55 AM

So many Jaime Spears/California-Conservator-Mafia sympathizers in this thread. Damn-near everyone has some degree of mental illness. If intervention is needed then get them help, don't rob them of their personhood and make them permanent wards of the state. That is supposed to be reserved for, basically, "vegetables."

Industry parents have a long history of robbing and controlling their cash-cow offspring. I hope this terrible episode results in overhauling the Conservatorship system which, if you don't know, it rife with abuse. And, a new "Jackie Coogan" type of law needs to be introduced to protect adult former child-performers from parasitic family members.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2021 11:14 AM

I thought her plea to the judge sounded a little unbalanced but not enough to deny her the right to control her own body. You do wish with all that money around and being a vulnerable personality she would protect it somehow to prevent it being squandered if she goes off the deep end under her own steam.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2021 12:31 PM

I don’t know, but I was rather horrified by the involuntary IUD bit. It sounds like something right out of a CCP ‘reform’ camp.

For that alone she deserves to be FREED

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2021 12:37 PM

Britney refuses to be evaluated to end the conservatorship.

She knows why.

The conservatorship can't end without an evaluation.

"But, Judge, Ma'am!"

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2021 12:51 PM

[quote]’ I've done a lot of research, ma'am. And there's a lot of judges who do end conservatorships for people without them having to be evaluated all the time," she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2021 1:11 PM

Britney's situation is unique because her family isn't going to be able to take care of her in the way that she needs, they're just not that smart or capable. Remember when Jamie Lynn blurted out that electric cars were dangerous because they were too quiet and cats couldn't hear the engine, so she was running over cats in her driveway all the time? She's probably one of the smarter ones in the family. And Jamie went after one of Britney's kids so viciously he was breaking down doors in the house to get at the kid, I don't know how he avoided charges after that.

She may need a conservatorship but it's been a mistake for the court to have her family managing her. She needs a third party to manage finances and possibly someone court appointed to make sure she's taking meds and off recreational drugs, and checking up on her and the kids.

by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2021 1:45 PM

"Damn-near everyone has some degree of mental illness. If intervention is needed then get them help, don't rob them of their personhood and make them permanent wards of the state. That is supposed to be reserved for, basically, "vegetables.""

It's not reserved for "vegetables". Most people under conservatorship are elders with dementia or other diseases of the brain, people with disabling brain injuries, the developmentally delayed, and people with disabling and intractable mental illnesses. Mostly that means people with schizophrenia, who are never able to take care of themselves even when on medication, but it can apply to people disabled by other severe illnesses, and that could include severe bipolar, or bipolar complicated by other illnesses.

And that's why I keep trying to explain what conservatorship is, here and elsewhere, because nobody knows anything about Britney's mental status, but every idiot who's experienced anxiety thinks they know all about mental illness and how the severely mentally ill should be treated.

by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2021 4:53 PM

Thank you, r27

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2021 5:18 PM

I think it's entirely plausible that the hysteria around Britney's behavior in public could have lead to a conservatorship for her that was unnecessary, or at least unnecessarily strict. Someone else not in the public eye and not part of the massive, outrageous entertainment media machine could have had the same mental disorder and displayed the same odd behavior and not been judged so incompetent that she had to be basically sterilized against her will.

It's also perfectly logical to ask how Britney could be so severely mentally ill that she was forced to have an IUD and couldn't even choose the color of her own kitchen, yet could finish tours, albums, residencies, TV appearances and more.

You can try to reduce it down to "you think because you have anxiety you know everything" but that's just ad hominem, and you're just lashing out because you disagree.

by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2021 5:22 PM

R27

And examples you mentioned still don't make any sense in this particular situation. And it's kind of suspicious that her father lawyers scream about her privacy, her kids privacy, his privacy, to shut her up and to hide her actual diagnosis. In light of what was exposed, i am starting to believe it's nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2021 5:29 PM

R30, of course we're all as curious as hell about Brit's diagnosis, but the fact is, the father and lawyers are under no legal or moral obligation to satisfy our curiosity. They can keep quiet out of concern for Britney, maybe they don't want to reveal something embarrassing like BPD or a surprisingly low IQ, maybe they don't want to fan the flames and get everyone saying "Well I know someone who's bipolar and he's fine, so why is Britney conserved?".

Some people with bipolar or similar conditions are perfectly capable of managing their own affairs, some people are perfectly capable of fucking up their lives of their own free will without qualifying for conservatorship, and some are never right enough to live normal lives. We don't know what Britney's mental status is, but we're all making unfounded assumptions, aren't we. And if Mr. Spears doens't want to give us for information to misunderstand, that's his right.

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote]maybe they don't want to reveal something embarrassing like BPD or a surprisingly low IQ

I hadn't considered this, but it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 32June 26, 2021 6:00 PM

When this trick rolled around shaking her ta-tas in the late '90s, I thought she'd quickly go the way of Tiffany and flame out within the year. I never in a million years thought people would still seriously be discussing her 23 years later.

by Anonymousreply 33June 26, 2021 6:03 PM

R31

This whole thing is an absolute disaster for them, and i don't buy for a second they are so worried about Britney. BPD is not embarassing at all, and her IQ is obviously not low enough to make her incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 34June 26, 2021 6:40 PM

got banned apparently. He was the troll responsible for 99% of the Janet, Britney, Dylan Geick, TikTokker, J. Lo, Rihanna and Beyoncé threads.

by Anonymousreply 35June 27, 2021 1:18 AM

Recently, r35? It seems the most notorious trolls just post from other devices within days.

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2021 8:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!