Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sorry Canadians, but it looks like you murdered a lot of First Nation children.

More First Nation children's' bodies found...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2021 2:58 AM

we know

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 10:14 PM

Does anyone dispute genocide was committed by colonists? Its just always been fine cuz manifest destiny and shit.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 10:26 PM

More white men handiwork. No surprise.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 10:38 PM

R2 I was just in a comment section in an article about this, and there are literal white supremacists claiming that Native Americans are descendants of a European tribe that was here before them. These people turned into "savages" over the years, then white Europeans "reclaimed" North America to "save" these savages. It's disgusting.

I have Native American relatives and I started learning about the Residential Schools a few years ago. I've read many personal accounts of what happened at those schools. Disgusting. I read a story of how a boy and a few of his classmates were put in a classroom with a priest and two staff members. The adults went into a back room, and came out with a large empty glass jar. The three of them pulled out gas masks, put them on, opened the jar, and just stood there. He said some of the kids around him started vomiting and convulsing, others passed out. They wouldn't let the kids leave. Just another torture for these poor kids. These kids were sometimes taken from their parents at gunpoint. Native parents were threatened with arrest if they didn't comply.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 10:41 PM

there's already a thread, cunt!

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 10:42 PM

There’s already a cunt, thread!

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 10:56 PM

I saw a documentary about First Nations people put into those residential schools. One girl was swung by her legs and had her head smashed into a tree. Fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 11:14 PM

How convenient they only get discovered decades after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 2:39 AM

All this whining about there being another thread and yet no one is smart enough to LINK TO IT.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 3:15 AM

R9 It's not their job. Finding the original thread is the responsibility of the OP. Stop being lazy.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 3:25 AM

If you're going to scream and bitch about there already being a thread, then you can damn well link to it, you lazy ass.

I'm just reading the thread, I'm not the OP, and I'm not going to go looking for other threads myself when both you and the OP are too lazy to do it yourselves. Besides, too many of you nutjobs lie and say there's another thread when there isn't, or claim that some thread about another topic with one mention deep in the 300s is the same as another thread already existing.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 3:37 AM

Could they have been the victims of disease? Things like diptheria and tuberculosis swept communities back then, and Native Americans didn't have Euro immunities.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 3:40 AM

They are still doing it. See the Edmonton prostitute murders.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 3:46 AM

In the early 1960s one Manitoban successfully campaigned over many years to have two neglected burial grounds for residential school students moved and properly commemorated before they were taken over for recreational and agricultural use.

"Therefor this cemetery was destroyed little by little each year, until one day, I saw picnic tables, benches and barbecue stands, placed over these students' graves. The second cemetery is a half mile north of the school, which was shamefully disregarded, this cemetery is placed in a cow pasture surround by cow dung."

This was a rare instance of someone doing the right thing, fighting an ingrained culture of brutal racism. In most cases the graves were completely neglected for decades, and are only now being discovered.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 4:06 AM

R12, in some cases yes. The schools would often segregate sick kids to a separate wing or floor and leave them until either three illnesses passed, or they were dead. Not always treated by doctors, just neglected.

Sorry that I'm posting a lot on these threads, but this hits close to home because I have a relative who was at one of these schools here in the US in the 1950s. This is a topic most people here in the US are just now learning about. There are native people everywhere still alive who went through this and were traumatized. People wonder why alcoholism and suicide are so high among NA/ First Nations people. Those schools were hell.

All of this trauma is coming up for humans because of the internet. "The State" cannot suppress everything anymore. All of our voices can be heard. Our new Secretary of the Interior, Deb Halaand is already setting up investigations to identify burial sites here in the US.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2021 6:45 AM

Love is never having to say you’re sorry to child-murdering Canadians

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2021 7:07 AM

The Catholic Church, meaning priests and nuns, ran most of these residential schools, and seemed to regard the students as barely human, because, of course, they were not white and not Catholic. They seemed to think that physical brutality, and sometimes starvation, would knock the "heathen" out of these children and make them good, obedient Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 9:50 AM

Oh blame it on the Catholics. Canadians are such racists and hypocrites. Always have been.

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2021 2:57 AM

That said JJ says Canada has failed and a new mission needs to be adopted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2021 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!