Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“No One Wants to Work Anymore”. No One Wants to Deal With Karen Kunt & Spawn for Shitty Tips

After seeing how service workers were treated during the pandemic, I don’t blame them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 4:23 PM

Here’s the full article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 9:57 PM

Any place that posted that sign, or handed that to me at a table......I would turn around and walk out.

Blaming the employees is even shittier than the terrible wages they pay them. Either pay people a competitive wage or get the fuck out of the business.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 9:59 PM

Are places that are offering full-time jobs with a living wage, room for advancement, and benefits complaining about a shortage of available workers? I only ever see articles about shitty employers bitching.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 10:29 PM

I thought Austin was the Land of Magic!

High wages for all of the pierced & tatted hipsters! And no pesky set schedules! Free money for all!

#KeepAustinWeird

#SaveOurSprings

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 10:37 PM

It's so interesting that these articles almost never feature quotes from workers. It's always the bosses whining that they have increased pay! From what to what? What is the prevailing wage in the area? What are the housing costs? Why is no one coming back? I know it's easy to blame lazy slaves but maybe the boss sucks?

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 10:47 PM

These places NEED to go under.

Your precious "free market" in action, cunts! Quit bitching and cough up the cash or go under.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 11:15 PM

No one wants to work in shitty restaurants or shitty retail anymore . Good jobs are still hard to find. What kills me is how many of those shitty places got money from the govt yet still laid off their workers and pocketed it ? Then they dont understand why people dont want to work for them again. Good for young people,tell them to shove it up their asses !

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 1:15 AM

In order to lure back workers two things will have to happen (1) increased wages and( 2) a massive cultural change in how customers are permitted to treat service workers. A little assertiveness is fine but no one wants to deal with the shrieking meltdowns anymore. When I worked in restaurants the worst customers were suburban middle class white guys 45 through 70. Once something upset them, they absolutely could not control the rage or be placated. Seeing a grown man red faced, shaking, and snarling because the cook forgot to add mayonnaise to his sandwich is quite a sight.Next worst were the stereotypical Karen's. Usually they would calm down once you offered their brats a free meal. They would inevitably leave behind a complete mess. Teenagers and college students were usually the least trouble, go figure.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 1:39 AM

It's part of this sort of feudal mind-set that keeps tipping a thing. People go to restaurants and expect to be bowed and scraped to and if anything goes wrong, they lose it. Most people I dealt with were fine, but there's always one that gives you anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 10:31 AM

I used to go into this one diner pre-COVID and would listen to the customer horror stories from waitresses. Most people have no idea the hideous and deplorable behavior they put up with on a daily basis.

Obviously tipping is a problem, and the job is rough, but dealing with people who are absolute trash and all their pettiness, bad behavior, and their throng of Quasimodo-looking kids is too much to bear. Then you have the kindly Church folks that stiff servers with fake bills because they think their server should be in church, not working. WTF. Those cunts can roast in hell over a fire if their own hypocrisy.

I won’t eat in restaurants anymore. I feel like I’m being complicit in a system that allows people to be abused for pennies. And that motherfucker’s sign—“tell me you wear a Trump hat, without telling me you wear a Trump hat.”

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 1:21 PM

I am all for people being well paid for doing a job well. But, just because you pour coffee all day with no responsibility beyond trying not to cause a problem shouldn't mean you should be able to afford a BMW.

Also, if you want to support a higher minimum wage in this country, you might consider not buying imported clothing and other goods from foreign countries where they are produced by workers making well below our minimum wage. Earlier there was a tread about shopping and not one person suggested that we should pay more for things and support products made only in this country.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 1:49 PM

Slavery is alive and well in the USA. Wage slavery is an intentional result of our elected officials not working for their constituents.

Nobody should be in poverty if they are working.,the absurdity of people thinking that it’s okay not to pay people a living wage is sickening.

These wage-slave-whip-masters need to do those jobs themselves, then maybe they’ll understand.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 2:15 PM

God, I'm sure R11 is a real treat to wait on.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 4:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!