Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Drag Race” Legends Get Groovy in “Brady Bunch” Paramount+ Special

Here’s the story of a not-so-lovely lady.

The Brady Bunch is about to get a makeover from the queens of RuPaul’s Drag Race in a new Paramount+ Pride Month special, Dragging the Classics: The Brady Bunch.

The streaming event will reunite original Brady Bunch cast members alongside Drag Race legends as they re-enact the famous Brady Bunch episode “Will the Real Jan Brady Please Stand Up?” for “an innovative, one-of-a-kind event that uses state-of-the-art technology to transport the cast into the original Brady house.”

Most of the original Brady kids cast members — sans Maureen McCormick — are back, with Christopher Knight and Mike Lookinland reprising their roles as Peter and Bobby, respectively. Eve Plumb, who played Jan in the original series, will play Lucy, and Susan Olsen, who played Cindy, will now portray Margie. Barry Williams, who played eldest son, Greg, will now play the patriarch of the family, Mike Brady.

In Dragging the Classics: The Brady Bunch, the Brady brood will be portrayed by Shea Couleé as Marcia Brady, Bianca Del Rio as Carol Brady, BenDeLaCreme (out of drag) as Greg Brady, Kylie Sonique Love as Jan Brady, Nina West as Alice, and Kandy Muse as Cindy Brady.

Sadly, RuPaul will not be reprising his role as guidance counselor Mrs. Cummings, which he played in The Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel. However, he will make a special appearance as the “Wig Attendant,” along with his best squirrel friend, Michelle Visage.

For the uninformed children out there, “Will the Real Jan Brady Please Stand Up?” is a classic episode where Jan tries to stand out from her sisters by debuting “the new Jan Brady” with a black curly wig. The storyline was also recreated in The Brady Bunch Movie.

The original Brady Bunch actors were last seen together on 2019’s A Very Brady Renovation. Catch them alongside your Drag Race favorites when Dragging the Classics: The Brady Bunch hits Paramount+ on June 30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2022 11:51 PM

Kandy Muse....

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 9:00 PM

Why did they have the elderly original cast play some of their old roles? It's just bizarre. They should have a been drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2021 11:52 PM

Also why did they green screen the downstairs? Talk about low budget!

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2021 11:58 PM

I don't think I can make it through this whole episode, it's just awful.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2021 11:58 PM

They should have played up more of the laughs like the “Rerun Show” from several years ago. It wasn’t as funny as it could have been.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2021 12:20 AM

Anyone know what channel it’s on in Ontario?

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2021 12:41 AM

It's on Paramount Plus streaming service, I don't know if it's being shown elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2021 4:07 AM

Wow Christopher Knight looked really bad. Less than 10 years ago he was a hot daddy fucking that ANTM winner. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2021 11:16 PM

Marcia (Maureen) could see it coming how bad this shit was gonna be,

Marcia (Maureen) could see it coming how bad this shit was gonna be,

Marcia (Maureen) could see it coming how bad this shit was gonna be!!!

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2021 11:58 PM

You'd think they'd let them film in the original house that the Brady kids just finished renovating rather than resort to green screen.

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2021 12:47 AM

I often wonder of Barry Williams used the casting couch to get his part as Greg in The Brady Bunch? Even female I know found him kind of homely. He is even less attractive to me as an adult. Not your usual hot teen at the time.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2022 3:40 PM

I often wonder if Barry Williams used the casting couch to get his part on The Brady Bunch. Even females I know found him kind of homely. I found him even less attractive as an adult. Not at all the usual hot teen at the time.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2022 3:47 PM

[Quote]Most of the original Brady kids cast members — sans Maureen McCormick — are back

Is it due to being interned in a convalescent home?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2022 3:51 PM

"The Brady Bunch" resonates heavily with Dataloungers and other LGBTQs. For some, it was their only family.

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2022 3:54 PM

Wow. That GIF from the original movie of RuPaul is shocking. His hair and makeup look so cheap.

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2022 3:54 PM

Oh, I’m sure CHILD actor Barry Williams used the casting couch system for his role as Greg. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2022 3:56 PM

what gif where?

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2022 4:10 PM

Drag is going to get weird as they take away women's rights.

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2022 4:26 PM

Funny. The latest episode of Trixie Motel on Discovery+ also features the Brady Bunch house. Trixie and his husband Dave make a little trip to the house and meet up with one of the Property Brothers (who turned the Brady Bunch house, used for the exterior shots, and made the interior match the studio set) and special guest Zooey Deschanel for a guided tour through the house.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2022 4:33 PM

This looks like a lot of fun - I'm game!

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2022 11:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!