Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lexapro and Wellbutrin

Does anyone take them in conjunction with each other? I'm on Lexapro but I'm sick of the increase in my appetite, of the sleepiness and of the anorgsmia. I'm thinking of adding Wellbutrin. Please tell me about your experiences combining these two!

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 8:16 PM

Please take the entire bottle, you tired "Vance" troll.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 7:26 PM

Get ready for a rollercoaster when you finally get off that shit. The side effects were with me for MONTHS. Never again. I’d rather blow my brains out and get it over with than be on antidepressants. Instead I made the changes necessary to lift me from a chronically depressed state, which included coming out of the closet. I still get the blues sometimes but it passes.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 7:32 PM

[quote] Lexapro and Wellbutrin

Those are my maid's names!

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 7:39 PM

My bff was on Lexapro. He said he felt high all the time, not like cannabis exactly but very spaced out. He is neurodivergent so that could be a possible reason why, but I think in general that's all these marketed antidepressants do to some extent.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 7:51 PM

I would add Wellbutrin and then if you can taper off of the Lexapro and stay on Wellbutrin. That should hopefully be better…less sexual side effects and weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 8:06 PM

are you anxious or depressed?

if you are depressed - take wellbutrin. no weight gain and no sexual side effects as stated above.

lexapro is better for anxiety. wellbutrin can make anxiety worse.

probably best to only be on one if you can manage it.

i've been on wellbutrin for years. was on a SSRI (like lexapro) before that (had anxiety for years and then it slowly morphed into depression) and the SSRI made me gain weight and have no sex drive. felt pretty numb. wellbutrin has helped my depression. it's not a miracle drug but i find it better than the SSRI's.

i went off the wellbutrin a couple years ago and tried meditation and yoga blah blah blah. fell into a bad depression. had to get back on the wellbutrin and it helped again.

good luck OP.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 8:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!