Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mighty Joe Gets it Done: Biden Announces Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal

[QUOTE] "We have a deal," Mr. Biden told reporters outside the White House after a meeting with the 11 senators of both parties who had negotiated the package. "We made serious compromises on both ends."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2021 1:22 PM

FINALLY! This country is turning into a third world shithole due to republicans.

They are holding this country back. Imagine what America could be if republicans would slink off back to their caves.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 6:35 PM

Th country started turning into a third world shithole the day Ronald Reagan was elected president. The transformation is almost complete, and this deal won’t do anything to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 6:39 PM

Biden wants to sign both infrastructure bills, this one and the one Democrats could potentially pass via reconciliation, at the the same time.

[quote]"If they don’t come, I’m not signing it. Real simple. So, what I expect – I expect that in the coming months this summer, before the fiscal year is over, that we will have voted on this bill, the infrastructure bill, as well as voted on the budget resolution," Biden added. "But if only one comes to me – if this is the only thing that comes to me, I’m not signing it. It’s in tandem."

[quote]The President also said he supports House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s plan to hold the bipartisan infrastructure deal in the House until the Senate also passes reconciliation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 7:03 PM

Good for Joe! Also, WTF is Twirls wearing in that group snap at R3? Does she (he?) have a boner? The hell us that outfit? The hell is going on in it's crotch region?

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 7:12 PM

Kooky Kyrsten wears whatever her "Trailer Park Holly Golightly" Mood strikes her that morning.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 7:40 PM

Pete must be relieved. Now he can run with it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 8:03 PM

Or be driven to it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 9:33 PM

"Serious compromises" on both ends. LOL

We're so fucked.

What exactly did the Republicans want that the democrats were brave enough to take out? Tell us because we could use the laughs.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 9:33 PM

Oh please R8. This is just the beginning - Biden got his bi-partisan bill so he can do what R3 describes.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 9:48 PM

Joe is a master of legislative procedure. He knows what he’s doing.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote]Joe is a master of legislative procedure. He knows what he’s doing.

LOL. The same guy who didn't even bother to persuade Manchin on raising the minimum wage, and has dropped the ball on student loan forgiveness.

He can't even get the optics on this right. Ten white people standing outside right now on the front lawn gushing about what's good for this country.

How many different ways can we spell tone deaf?

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 9:56 PM

he's sucking the wind out of Dump, McCarthy and McTurtle is what he's doing

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 9:56 PM

[QUOTE] LOL. The same guy who didn't even bother to persuade Manchin on raising the minimum wage, and has dropped the ball on student loan forgiveness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 10:07 PM

But $579B is a fraction of the near $2T they were hoping to pass.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 10:21 PM

R14 I think that additional money is where the second bill comes in.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 10:24 PM

Nancy said she ain't passing infrastructure if reconciliation isn't passed first, and she emphasized AIN'T.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 10:27 PM

Oy! Now they sign it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 10:27 PM

Cinema carries her cellphone in her panties--what's wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 1:15 AM

R15 There's no way in hell Republican are going to vote for the second bill. And if Democrats pass it by reconciliation beforehand, they just won't vote for the first bill.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 2:14 AM

There has to be a thread around here about how Sinema seems to have lost a leg or a foot or something.

Still no excuse for her wearing clashing reds like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2021 2:59 AM

I just noticed yesterday Sinema has a severe limp. I had no idea she's missing a limb!

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2021 3:06 AM

Actually I think it's some kind of kickstand crutch device for a broken foot. I really thought she'd lost a limb, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2021 3:07 AM

There's a lot of unspent stimulus money they're going to redirect to infrastructure.

They're also going after the approx. one trillion of taxes U.S. Americans somehow weasel-out of every year.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 3:49 AM

Okay, so it's not a cellphone. I still don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 6:19 AM

Please.

Turtle gonna send that cunt wife of his to bust some heads and the rethugs will vote against it as usual.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 6:43 AM

Wow, what a win for President Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 6:47 AM

I have to admit I don’t really understand what’s going on. Biden and Pelosi have both said this deal is DOA if the senate doesn’t pass all of the rest of Biden’s infrastructure bill via reconciliation. So what exactly is the point of breaking it into two bills? Just to claim you worked across the aisle on one of them?

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 6:52 AM

As I understand it, if the Senate tried to pass or weakens a bill because of partisan issues and the threat of filibuster, a similar bill passed in the house then forces the issue to reconciliation, rather than to the graveyard. Essentially it's an end run against having a bill fail in the Senate because of the filibuster. It's only something that can be used in bills having to do with taxes, spending, or debt limits. So it couldn't be used, for example, on the voting rights bill.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2021 7:10 AM

Thanks, R28. People like R11 are just too dumb to be here.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 8:50 PM

Joe Manchin is on board, as well as Sinema.

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2021 1:04 PM

Pelosi, Schumer and many other democrats want to use this infrastructure bill to not only deal with physical things (roads, bridges, etc....), but "social" infrastructure things as well. This includes immigration and things that have nothing to do with roads and bridges.

That is where threats of using reconciliation come in; Pelosi and Schumer have already begun feeling out if immigration can be done as part of reconciliation process, and if parliamentarian give it a thumbs up, that is what they want to do among other things.

Democrats cannot do another reconciliation after this next one in fall (assuming they go that route) until sometime in 2022. By that time everyone will be gearing up for mid-term elections and as per neither party is going to give the other side a club to beat them over head with.

Democrats also remember what happened to Obama at his first mid-term elections and are keen no to go down that road again. They want their base energized and ready to go in 2022 by showing just how much Biden's administration has done for American people.

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2021 1:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!