Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where in the World are all the Trans Children? They're everywhere

According to supporters of the raft of proposed laws targeting trans youth in state legislatures around the country, the answer is emphatically yes: Transgender children are a liberal American fad.

Are they right? Is the Family Research Council, a powerful right-wing organization that supports many of these bills, correct when it claims that children like mine are the result of “a resurgence of postmodern thinking”? Is it true, as a best-selling book has argued, that my daughter is part of a “transgender craze” sweeping America’s youth?

In fact, trans kids are all over the world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 27, 2021 1:18 AM

Just from personal experience, they're not just children of liberals. My one friend who has a kid who transitioned as a young adult (20ish maybe?, I've lost track) is non political or A political or whatever. Doesn't like to dirty her mind with that stuff I guess. Her husband listens to all kinds of conservative radio and that kind of thing. So I wouldn't call the household values super liberal. The other one I know of is fifteen. I vaguely know the family. I heard one of the parents (before Trump's election) telling someone that she was a republican but refused to vote for Trump. So there's my input.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 3:53 PM

I just can't stop thinking of poor Jazz with that surgical wound oozing fecal matter.

Surely there is a better way to treat gender dysphoria?

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 3:53 PM

There are NO "Trans Children", there are gender non-conforming children de-gayed and "transed" by the Gender Identity Movement which is a destructive craze. It must end now!

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote]Surely there is a better way to treat gender dysphoria?

Yes, counseling and waiting it out get rid of almost ALL of this mental condition!

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 4:00 PM

My husband and I recently watched a few episodes of Jazz. We found her remarkably normal. We expected her to be annoying as shit but she really wasn't. And I'm surprised that I think of her as a her, but I do. It *was* annoying how much time the teens spent talking about breast size. I was always very small chested (until having children and gaining weight, now they're average). It wasn't a big deal to me. It felt like more of a big deal to big breasted gals, especially when I got attention for my big eyes that they didn't get. Big chested gals do get a lot of attention, and at some point they feel entitled to it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 4:00 PM

You watched this poor castrated, butchered young person on tv and all you came away with was a renewed fascination with breast size, mainly your own?

You sound horrible.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 4:03 PM

The MtF crowd cling to stereotypes to prop up their still-male bodies, hence they often get giant implants a la that dunce Bruce with his giant titty bags.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 4:13 PM

I am honestly still trying to decide where I stand on the issue. I veer back and forth between "trans is complete bullshit" and "live and let live." All I know is, when I was a kid, I wanted *DESPERATELY* to be a girl. I loved dresses and Barbies and all of that shit, but at the same time, I loved my Micro Machines/Hot Wheels, Godzilla, He-Man, etc. After about grade school, the gender dysphoria passed. I still have a healthy interest in subjects from both sides of traditional gender-related fields/subjects - but I eventually ended up joining the USAF, and with all the amazing sex I had while I was active duty (and since!), as well as having two younger sisters (and seeing what all they've had to deal with), I thank god everyday that I was born a gay man. All for trans rights, but yes - I do think the "transing of kids" as it is put here on DL, is wading into very dangerous territory. It seems plausible that it is indeed gay erasure/conversion therapy by another name, though perhaps not consciously so by parents (who I'm sure feel they are being supportive.) I cannot imagine being me as a child in this day and age; I'm sure I'd be begging my parents to help me receive gender affirming care...and, much as seems to be the case with Jazz, I doubt it would make my life better or easier in the long run. I feel so sorry for her. Her mother seems like an appalling human being.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 4:29 PM

Thank you R7, that was one of the things I was trying to describe. I've never thought that having big breasts was a requirement of being female. I'm always surprised when other people feel that it is a requirement. R6, you sound horrible too, for calling me horrible. The episodes we watched covered the breast growth or lack of it A LOT. That wasn't all we came away with. It was interesting that Jazz has a lot of psychiatric problems. I totally understand that, because she's smart and she clearly has a lot of "what ifs" floating around in her brain. It was also clear that Jazz's mom craves attention. They did discuss breasts a lot though.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 4:30 PM

Well put R8.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 4:34 PM

Also R6, I am not pro-Trans. If anything, I would describe myself as a TERF. But as a straight woman living in semi-suburbia, I do think I have some insight to share, because I know a lot of families with kids. I expected to dislike Jazz the way I dislike Caitlyn or however you spell his name. My husband and I were surprised at how likable she is.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 4:43 PM

There's a HUGE difference between a gender non-conforming kid and a trans kid.

This is why I knew Trans is true. Trans talk about suicide if they cant change their gender.

Gender non-conforming kids don't talk about actually changing gender.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 5:08 PM

Anecdotal, I know, but I have seen so many women get so viscerally angry and upset at their fetus' gender- third boy in a row, two girls, etc- that I cannot get behind a parent encouraging a minor to surgically and medically change their gender. Parents are not always impartial, unconditionally supportive people- especially mothers.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 5:18 PM

Added: A scientist friend has a theory- if you IVF a baby and choose their gender, you actually could be tampering with their gender. They were meant to be a boy, and were artificially made into a girl.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 5:20 PM

R7, Women get giant breast implants as well. And most stereotypes about women are often proped up by other women who are also clinging onto these stereotypes. It's a vicious cycle but I don't think it's fair to blame MTFs for wanting to look like a stereotype of women.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 5:24 PM

I was eating at a diner in the boonies on a road trip recently and heard two older women discussing whether a friend's tween granddaughter is a lesbian or trans. She dresses like a boy and wears two bras.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 5:29 PM

It's social contagion. They've tracked a massive spike in the amounts of girls claiming to be transgender and wanting sex change operations in the UK, often large groups in the same schools. Apparently girls are especially susceptible to peer pressure.

Most cases of gender dysphoria resolve themselves by adulthood, if left alone. It's criminal to push a child into permanent life-altering surgery, puberty blockers, IQ-reducing hormone supplements, and other lifelong medication before they are old enough to know better, for a condition that will likely resolve on its own.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 5:42 PM

That's very interesting R8 - and let's be honest we can only speak from our experiences not on behalf of others.

I always knew I was attracted to men, before I could articulate what that even meant. I was not sporty, I was "bookish" - I was quiet and more interested in expanding my intelligence than being an alpha male on the sports field, or anywhere else for that matter.

But I never, ever, ever thought this made me feminine or effeminate, nor am I someone who would ever describe myself as straight acting. I have no desire to pass for straight, nor do I have any desire to put on a dress and "explore my feminine side" whatever that means. I do believe gender is a social construct - there nothing intrinsically male about trousers, or the colour blue or not wearing make up - they are values society has decided to place on things.

If men want to put on dresses and wear make up and play up to what society has decided is feminine - I couldn't care less. Each to their own. I don't understand it but it's not harming me.

If men feel they are, to use the old phrase "trapped in a male body" but actually feel they are female, and want to have surgery to make them feel more feminine again each to their own. It's not something I can begin to understand because that is not my experience. But all power to them. They want to be called by female names? Fine, I don't care. They want to be referred to as female? Again fine - I don't care. It makes no difference to me. And such people should not be discriminated against because of how they want to live their lives.

But if these men want to declare themselves to be women, that they are the same biologically as actual women, that they can access spaces where women don't want to be around men (such as crisis centres, and sports) and that everyone must agree to this or be regarded as transphobic... then that makes me very, very uneasy. Again, I don't have any horse in this race - the issue does not really affect me personally. What does affect me is this warping of biology, of science, of facts.

Life dealt trans people this shitty hand, I certainly wouldn't want to feel so unhappy with myself or have anyone go through what they say they go through. It sounds hellish. They can want to be seen and treated as the opposite sex but they never, ever, ever will ACTUALLY be the opposite sex. That's something trans people just have to suck up.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 5:46 PM

Life didn't deal trans a shitty hand. They need therapy, not further reinforcing their delusion that they;'re actually the opposite sex.

The problem is that because any suggestion that "hey, you might not actually be trans, just dysphoric" is shouted down as "transphobia", and sex change operations and lifelong, IQ-reducing medication are pushed as the ONLY SOLUTION to gender dysphoria, real research and treatment has come to a screeching halt.

There's a reason that a large percentage of self-identifying "trans" are autistic, as well.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote]Added: A scientist friend has a theory- if you IVF a baby and choose their gender, you actually could be tampering with their gender. They were meant to be a boy, and were artificially made into a girl.

Your "scientist friend" is a fucking idiot. They don't manipulate the embryo to select gender. They just implant the embryos of that sex. They centrifuge them and because the embryos containing XX chromosomes are heavier than the ones containing XY chromosomes (because the X is heavier) the two types of embryos separate out in the centrifuge tube. It's not 100% but it works somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2021 6:29 PM

But it isn't in third world countries,

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2021 6:33 PM

R15 There are 160 million females in the US, and on average, about 400,000 breast augmentation surgeries are performed here, and 25 % of those surgeries are reconstructive post surgery.

The vast, overwhelming majority of women are fine with their breasts and do not seek surgery. So don't go blaming crazy white men like Bruce getting gigantic implants on women!

Also, since most of these MtF are autogynophiles, they are probably getting huge implants as that is part of their fetish.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 6:40 PM

A Trans: I want to publish an Op-Ed.

The New York Times’s ombudsman’s nipples:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2021 6:40 PM

R20, well it was a bit more philosophical.

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote] A scientist friend has a theory- if you IVF a baby and choose their gender, you actually could be tampering with their gender. They were meant to be a boy, and were artificially made into a girl.

A theory that has no basis AT ALL, but your friend is free to make shit up

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2021 7:02 PM

Every bottom who transitions is one less bottom to compete with. Just remember that.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2021 7:03 PM

If they aren't old enough to vote or consume alcohol or cannabis, they certainly aren't old enough to decide if they want to permanently mutilate their bodies. There should be a federal law against children transitioning. the whole notion is ridiculous...it should be classified as a mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2021 7:54 PM

"A scientist friend has a theory- if you IVF a baby and choose their gender, you actually could be tampering with their gender. They were meant to be a boy, and were artificially made into a girl."

As a scientist, I know that this is nonsense. Men produce sperm carrying X or Y chromosome Women produce eggs with X chromosomes. Gender selection involves selecting only the sperm with either X or Y. There is no "tampering" with gender. You cannot "tamper" with a X or Y chromosome and turn it into another type of chromosome. Not yet.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote] If they aren't old enough to vote or consume alcohol or cannabis, they certainly aren't old enough to decide if they want to permanently mutilate their bodies. There should be a federal law against children transitioning. the whole notion is ridiculous...it should be classified as a mental illness.

No one is mutilating kids. The only thing kids do is stop puberty blockers and maybe put on hormones.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote] .it should be classified as a mental illness.

Just like many claim being gay is?

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2021 8:44 PM

^^There's really no similarity. But you know that already. ^^

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2021 8:59 PM

I get the occasional call from a parent or adult, asking if I will provide psychiatric clearance to chop off various body parts. I am very careful with how I phrase myself: "I am so sorry, but I lack the education, skills and training that would be necessary to perform such an evaluation". Then I refer them to the former GLB center which is now essentially all T.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2021 10:40 PM

[quote]This is why I knew Trans is true. Trans talk about suicide if they cant change their gender.

Hon, all teens talk about suicide when they want to control the narrative. Bullied gay kids don't threaten suicide, but kill themselves anyway. Your "proof" is highly speculative, anecdotal and housewifey.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2021 10:43 PM

[QUOTE]Life didn't deal trans a shitty hand. They need therapy, not further reinforcing their delusion that they;'re actually the opposite sex

R19 - well if they need therapy that's still shitty. Yes perhaps they do need therapy, as I said I don't know what it's like to feel like trans people do. I agree it's a delusion that they can ever *be* the opposite sex, and that needs to addressed rather than this bat shit crazy deception that some lesbians have penises and some men menstruate.

And I mean the genuinely gender dysphoric, not attention seeking social media clowns like Alok.

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2021 8:21 AM

Never forget that research after research has shown that over 90% of gender-dysphoric children will grow up into non-dysphoric gay adults if they are not placed on the Puberty blockers->Cross-sex hormones pathway. And yes, it is absolutely a pathway as British courts have shown.

by Anonymousreply 35June 26, 2021 1:21 AM

I support transpeople but I'm not a fan of them saying they are biologically men or women when that's not true. And transitioning kids is a slippery slope. They should be allowed to wear whatever they want and play with whatever toys they want but adults should not be putting ideas into their impressionable head that they are transgender and what they should identify as. There are really people who are transgender and their brain structure matches the gender they identify but I really think they should start that transition as legal adults. And since we have recently discovered the brain doesn't fully develop until the age of 25, it makes me wonder more about the ethics of transitioning teenagers.

I've been thinking a lot about gender and I feel like this movement of transgenderism and nonbinary among my generation (Millennial) and Gen Z is a reaction to rigid gender roles that were hammered into us as kids for decades. Boys wear blue and play with trucks and cars. Girls wear pink and play with dolls and play dress-up. I'm a gay man and as a little boy I played with Barbies, put on my mom's makeup, putting barrettes in my hair and liked girly cartoon shows like Sailor Moon, The Little Mermaid and Powerpuff Girls and played with other girls. I sometimes I said "I want to be a girl" but I never had any doubt I was a boy. I also liked trucks and cars, Batman, playing sports and video games. Once I hit puberty, I became more masculine and lost interest i a lot of girly things and had my anime, comic books and rock music phase.

I can't help but wonder if I was born later, would adults around me have put ideas into my head that I'm really a girl and should transition. It's kind of scary because I'm absolutely find with the body I have now.

by Anonymousreply 36June 26, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]I've been thinking a lot about gender and I feel like this movement of transgenderism and nonbinary among my generation (Millennial) and Gen Z is a reaction to rigid gender roles that were hammered into us as kids for decades.

I'm Gen X and those rigid gender roles weren't even prevalent when I grew up in the late 70s and early 80s. Trans are actually enforcing rigid gender roles. Feminists have already fought this fight starting after WWII and now we have to fight this bullshit again.

by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2021 2:33 AM

[Quote] Never forget that research after research has shown that over 90% of gender-dysphoric children will grow up into non-dysphoric gay adults if they are not placed on the Puberty blockers->Cross-sex hormones pathway.

Please provide a link to your sources

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote]But if these men want to declare themselves to be women, that they are the same biologically as actual women, that they can access spaces where women don't want to be around men (such as crisis centres, and sports) and that everyone must agree to this or be regarded as transphobic... then that makes me very, very uneasy.

That is what they want, so you should be uneasy.

{quote] Again, I don't have any horse in this race - the issue does not really affect me personally. What does affect me is this warping of biology, of science, of facts.

It's amazing the way 49% of the population think what happens to the other 51% doesn't affect them personally. If they can come for women on any level - and that's what's happening - you can best believe they can come for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2021 1:08 PM

I think an issue no one talks about is all the hormones in the food we eat and drink. I bet it throws off our body chemistry and genetics while still egg and sperm and it just continues from there.

by Anonymousreply 40June 26, 2021 9:07 PM

Links, please r40, and not from Mommyblogs.

by Anonymousreply 41June 27, 2021 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!