Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New ‘Candyman’ Trailer

In theaters August 27th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2022 5:10 AM

That's actually a pretty great trailer. I'll watch it. I hope it isn't trite and heavy-handed on cops, though.

The first one is legendary for the Philip Glass score, Virgina Masden smoking so glamorously, and being the height of America's Favorite C-List Black Actress Kasi Lemmons (Silence of the Lambs).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 3:11 PM

It looks like it will be a cop-bashing film in order to keep up with the times.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 5:32 PM

Will the characters say the words "Cabrini Green" 10,000 times in this one like Virginia Madsen did in 1992?

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 5:34 PM

R3, Cabrini Green is gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 5:39 PM

So this has just been released to theatres, I wonder how long until it gets to streaming? I want to see it, but would prefer watching it with friends in the comfort of one of our homes, plus I wanna watch the original one just before going to see this one (can't find it on any streaming platform here, it was showing up on Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago until the night I decided to watch it and all of a sudden it disappeared).

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2021 3:38 AM

Meh. It had great premise with stellar cinematography but was largely forgettable. It wasn’t a horror movie — it was a film about racism with light horror elements.

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2022 4:54 AM

It was okay but had nothing on the original. Even part 2 was better.

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2022 5:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!