Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who's in Miami Beach?

Two dead girls pulled after building partially collapses in Miami Beach....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2021 1:17 PM

It's horrific.136 units in the entire apartment building, some people who could not escape after the collapse were rescued with a crane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 8:07 AM

Miami is Dead to me OP!

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 8:18 AM

Fucking hell. An inside look from the condo collapse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 8:21 AM

Florida is full of sink holes. That foundation probably gave away.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 8:29 AM

More likely cheap construction

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 9:00 AM

I live close to Surfside. This is frightening

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 9:05 AM

An interview from a resident who lives on the 1st floor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 9:05 AM

A boy is rescued by firefighters from the rubble of a partial collapse of a condo building in Surfside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 9:13 AM

Meteorologist posts radar that storms could pass through the area over the next few hours as the search and rescue continues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 10:23 AM

TURD WORLD SHITHOLE.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 11:22 AM

Dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 11:58 AM

God hates Florida.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 4:33 PM

It’s not hard to figure out what happened. Just look at how the weight of 11 or 12 floors was being held up by a few little columns. They probably just gave way, which is why only the part of the tower collapsed. I wouldn’t want to stay in the other parts, waiting for it to happen again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 4:48 PM

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 6:27 PM

Oh, FFS. Take that fairy tale bullshit somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 7:13 PM

@r14, I'm not religious, but after surviving two hurricanes in Florida that one bible passage always struck a cord with me. I'll never set foot in Florida again. I have learned my lesson the hard way

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 8:12 PM

Face it, Florida is in it's final days. Let it fall into the sea

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 8:14 PM

99 missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 8:23 PM

What a horrible way to die.

At that time, most people were probably in bed and asleep. Can you imagine the sheer terror of waking up and having your world crashing down around you until you're crushed to death.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote] Florida is in it's final days.

So is the English language.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2021 8:54 PM

Face it, Washington DC is in it's final days. Let it fall into the sea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2021 9:01 PM

Hmm….small highway overpass vs massive living quarters with hundreds of apartments

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 9:02 PM

"Florida is in it's final days.

So is the English language. —Oh, dear!"

Correct it, smartass... You see this is why you're unfuckable

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote] Correct it, smartass.

Sure, dumbass:

“Florida is in its final days.”

As for being unfuckable, I’m a top anyway.

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2021 9:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote]So was this a South American annex?

All of Miami is a South American annex.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2021 9:57 PM

It was the Iranians, they said they'd get their own back.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2021 10:00 PM

The President offered to send military assistance and governor desantis turned him down

with 99 people still missing

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2021 10:05 PM

Why the fuck would anyone turn down help offered to them in a situation like this?

JFC, what a scumbag. I hope he has to face the families of these people and answer for why Little Joe, who probably could’ve been saved had he been found sooner is now dead.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2021 10:10 PM

Gov death sentence would rather let people die in misery than have Biden's help.

That should be pretty clear by now.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2021 11:05 PM

Why would you think Dade County doesn't have emergency teams and heavy equipment crews already at work?

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2021 11:09 PM

FLORIDA: SAD LAST DAYS

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2021 11:12 PM

Who thinks that, r31?

No one here has said that. But when you’re offered the full resources of the United States Government, you take it. Do you think it would hurt to have more manpower and equipment helping? Do you not think those said Dade County professionals may get tired or fatigued and need some backup?

What is this “naw, we got this” bullshit?

So the next time a hurricane hits Florida he should turn down federal disaster aid?

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2021 11:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2021 12:48 AM

So, r34?

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2021 12:50 AM

Some nudging versus terrible judgement. Christ almighty that's your job as the governor marshalling resources and accepting help from the feds in times of crisis. I hope this DeStroys DeSansitis' chances. Dumb fuck

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2021 1:06 AM

A reporter asked Biden to comment earlier in a three part question. He answered the other two parts of the question and said he would comment on the third at the end. There were a bunch of other questions from other reporters, and he was on a time crunch to get to the helicopter for his next event. In the rush to finish up, he forgot to comment on FL. When Kamala nudged him, he immediately remembered that he had intended to make the comment, which he then did.

There is nothing out of the ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2021 1:08 AM

This is the stuff of nightmares

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote]Who's in Miami Beach?

Unfortunately, 27 less people than yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2021 5:02 AM

@r24, "As for being unfuckable, I’m a top anyway. "

Oh, dear...

News flash, tops can be equally unfuckable

by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2021 5:04 AM

[quote] When Kamala nudged him, he immediately remembered that he had intended to make the comment, which he then did. There is nothing out of the ordinary.

For a 78 year old.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2021 8:27 AM

At least he said something. Not sure what Trump's angle would've been BUT he'd definitely work something in about himself.

You tried it tho.

by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2021 10:01 AM

"Yeah, it's a terrible , terrible trajahudee. But I can assure you, Lard a Largo is built to code and we still offer membership for a select few".

by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2021 10:28 AM

For fuck’s sake there was nothing out of the ordinary for a 40-year-old, r41.

by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2021 11:26 AM

"Unfortunately, 27 less people than yesterday. —Reverend Valentino"

" Fewer," Reverend, not " less."

by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2021 12:14 PM

r44, it’s something that everyone has to come to terms with, that it’s normal as people age, their mental acuity is reduced. A person in their late 70s needs some assistance now and then.

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2021 12:58 PM

R5- EVERYTHING built in the United States after world war two has been CHEAP CONSTRUCTION.

by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2021 1:12 PM

R46, your insinuation that he forgot due to age is completely baseless. He had a lot going on; there was pressure to get out of the news conference due to timing issues with the next event. There were numerous questions between the time he said he would address the Miami situation and the end of the news conference. If the VP nudged him and he didn't show any signs of knowing what she was nudging him for, then maybe you would have had a point. But pretty much anyone in his situation could have momentarily forgot that he was going to comment on Miami at the end of the news conference.

Everything that he spoke about at the news conference demonstrated that he is entirely in control of his mental faculties; that he is thoroughly briefed on the matters; and that he can discuss in detail all the relevant issues. Rather than being somehow deficient mentally, he actually excels for someone his age.

by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote] He had a lot going on; there was pressure to get out of the news conference due to timing issues with the next event.

Yes, and that becomes a more challenging situation with advanced age. We get older, it happens.

by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2021 9:09 PM

I would never have been caught dead in such tacky apartment building.

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2021 12:18 PM

R47, AHEM!

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2021 1:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!