Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Improvised Lines from Movie and Television That Have Become Iconic

How many can we come up with?

From The Godfather: "Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 8:45 AM

I'll have what she's having.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 6:33 AM

Hey! I'm walkin' here....!

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 6:35 AM

I think that was in the script r1. There'd be no reason to cut to Estelle Reiner if it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 6:51 AM

Lily Tomlin improvised the line at the beginning of Nine to Five where she tells somebody to get a locker for Jane Fonda and another one for the hat. (the and another one for the hat part was improvised.)

Lily says on the DVD commentary that she was nervous about doing other people's material and asked if she could improvise sometimes. After that line Tomlin says I don't think that was in the script and Fonda sternly says, NO it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 6:54 AM

You’re gonna need a bigger boat.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 7:00 AM

Wow Here's Johnny and Here's looking at you kid were improvised.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 7:02 AM

Flames! On the side of my face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 7:09 AM

Malcolm McDowall's performance of "Singing in the Rain" in A Clockwork Orange was improvised. He was directed to dance and make up a song. He came up with "Singing in the Rain" right on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 7:11 AM

In Gentlemen Prefer Blondes there is a number around a pool. Jane Russell falls in at the end. That actually happened. A dancer tripped over her and knocked her in. They liked it and kept it.

(the Aussie chick on TCM told the story)

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 7:12 AM

Green. Such a tricky colour.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 7:49 AM

Cher slapping Nicolas Cage in Moonstruck while saying "Snap out of it!" was in the script. But then she slaps him a second time, even harder, and I think that was improvised.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 7:55 AM

I Don't Care

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 7:59 AM

OP I had a fun co-worker who was obsessed with that movie. We would go on break to get BBQ when the Farmer's Market came to Century City and he would then go buy fresh produce. He'd imitate Marlon Brando's voice and walk perfectly and say "Fredo...wait here till I go get some fruit".

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 8:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!