Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gavin Newsom faces recall election

Second time in California history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 1, 2021 10:33 AM

He will be reelected. Don't get too excited, Newt.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 3:28 AM

This is laughable. What a waste of resources.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 3:43 AM

r2, agreed. Funny that Republicans claim to be against excessive government spending

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 3:44 AM

So it’s true — California IS full of weirdos after all.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 3:45 AM

You know the Russiapublicans are afraid of you if they constantly badger you.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 4:11 AM

Ohhh yer gonna get whipped for posting about something that has already been discussed here. Oh my, oh my!

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 4:19 AM

R2 Completely agree, and I can't stand the guy. We finally have a surplus and god knows how much is going to get sucked up by this bit of political theater. We also have a historic drought, facing another terrifying fire season, massive infrastructure problems, and we are still not out of the woods with COVID (who is though).

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote] and we are still not out of the woods with COVID (who is though).

You always try to slip that one little troll sentence in at the end unnoticed. You can't help yourself and don't know when to stop.

So stealth.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 4:49 AM

We get to waste 200 million. Hooray!

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 4:50 AM

You have me mixed up with someone else r8 I don't discuss COVID much here, if at all, as it's too fucking depressing and this place is my escape. Also, how is that even a "troll sentence"?

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 4:58 AM

[quote]An RNC-backed Republican recall of White supremacists, anti-Semites

Stormfront (white supremacists) and Datalounge (anti-Semites) joined forces to take out Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 5:04 AM

R11 = Matt Anscher

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 5:07 AM

And Trump will be reinstated as soon as Arizona finished their 6th audit by a firm with no previous experience backed by dark Republican money. Go ahead, wast your money on a recall, not going to happen Trolls. You will just end up with more egg on your face like Trump is now bathing in his excrement in a tub of piss from Russian hookers hired as entertainment at Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 5:08 AM

Have you seen the clown car of candidates the Repugs are putting forward?

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 5:10 AM

Recall elections never pan out. All it does is embolden the person they're trying to get rid of. This will actually make Newsom more popular.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 5:12 AM

Has he never heard of shampoo or is he just trying to conserve water?

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 5:12 AM

r15 Gray Davis was recalled.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 5:16 AM

Aw, you beat me to it, R17

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 5:22 AM

Gray Davis was never popular like Newsom. And it was organized again by Repugs namely Arnold Schwarzenegger who ran on "I'm a business man, I wont tell you what I stand for until you elect me" talking point. That and the fame and backing of his wife family the Kennedys who even switched sides one time just for him to show blood is thicker than water. Unfortunately, as all Repugs do, he fucked them over, cheated on his with with a maid and had an illegitimate son and drove the California budget into the red. Total failure. Republican DNA.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 5:24 AM

Arnold was an international superstar with mass appeal across all demographics. There's nobody like that this time.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2021 5:26 AM

i can't wait to see tranny brucina make a fool of himself.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2021 5:28 AM

International Superstar? LOL OK is that what they call" B" action movie figures now? He couldn't act himself out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 5:29 AM

This is really going to piss the Repug trolls off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2021 5:29 AM

R22 since when does talent have anything to do with popularity? You may not like his movies, but there's no denying that Arnold was a major star.

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2021 5:31 AM

This is actually a good idea, it gets people out of debt instead of putting them on the streets AND listen up Repugs, THE PROPERTY OWNERS WILL GET PAID ALL THEIR MONEY THAT WAS NOT COLLECTED DURING THE PANDEMIC.

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2021 5:33 AM

Arnold was absolutely a superstar. A shitty actor, but a superstar.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2021 5:34 AM

The Kardashians are "major stars" an internationally popular, that does not mean I want them running the state of California, or any state for that matter. What does popularity have to do with actual skills running the 5th largest economy in the world?

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2021 5:35 AM

I wish Arnold would post here. He's got a bitchy, shady sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2021 5:37 AM

R27 did I say anything about wanting a celebrity to run, FFS? No, I was pointing out WHY Arnold won. And that there is no one like that in this race.

Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2021 5:38 AM

Gavin Newsom isn't going anywhere. California GOP and others can just dream on....

California recently announced one of if not the largest state budget surplus in its history. Money the governor and democrat majority state government are doling out in ways both mandated by constitution and otherwise.

More to point as this piece in SF local news media makes clear while Newsom has made mistakes, those that would replace him aren't so hot either. More to the point this whole process is a waste of money as 2022 would be a statewide election year anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2021 5:47 AM

Arnold won because less than 29% of the population in Calif turned out to vote. Angelyne could have won with that kind of low voter turn out and "popularity".

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2021 5:48 AM

R29, you mean that Bruce (aka some female name I can't remember) Jenner isn't like Arnold Schwarzenegger?

What about the bear trotting around the state with that guy named Cox? He's my favorite potential replacement so far (the bear, not Cox).

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2021 5:49 AM

His sidepiece has been laying low since March when this morsel dropped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2021 5:50 AM

Crickets on her Twatter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2021 5:52 AM

r30 That's what many of us have been saying. This is a waste of time and resources.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2021 5:54 AM

R34, that's because R33's source is a community newspaper. It's the rich man's Penny Saver.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2021 5:56 AM

r36. She's his also his deputy chief of staff, you'd think she'd be carrying on as "normal" throughout this whole thing. Maybe she vamoosed.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2021 5:59 AM

The Newsom recall is going down in flames! Ha, ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2021 5:59 AM

Newsom is going to win the recall by 60%

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2021 6:02 AM

Yeah, and even when Ahnold did get elected due to Enron crap, which led to Gray Davis being recalled, he soon found out that ... Oooops! he had to deal with a Democratic-controlled state senate and assembly. The same thing would happen now, since Dems control both legislative branches. .. And then when Ahnold decided to bypass that process and go the state Proposition route, he held a special election with four of his measures on the ballot, and ... Oooops! the voters said "no" to every single one of them. Even Fox News called it a "stunning rebuke."

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2021 6:02 AM

Rump super lowered the bar, Newsom could have a string of lovers all over California, and I would still vote for him. Repigs only care about this stuff when it's a Democrat, fucking hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2021 6:04 AM

Yeah, Arnold did figure he could roll right in, do his charm offensive, and get his way. He had quite the awakening.

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2021 6:05 AM

R37, the article is in the Penny Saver. The story is sourced from a high level friend of a grandmother who overheard her neighbor's speculation from someone at the Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2021 6:06 AM

His astronaut wife knows how to play the long game and get those sweet, sweet divorce dollahs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2021 6:09 AM

Yeah, Arnold was like Trump trying to steamroll his way. Didnt work. He did however many years later say he should have tried to work WITH the elected legislature instead of thinking it was his way or the highway. Live and learn. Something Trump could never do.

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2021 6:09 AM

I'd rather see Newsom romantic life than this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2021 6:12 AM

R46 we discussed this! She's my MOM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2021 6:15 AM

California is 50% elites, 50% hillbilly deplorables.

It’s always a tossup.

by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2021 6:19 AM

Actually it 60% college educated and getting higher. Deplorable leaving the state moving to Texas.

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2021 6:26 AM

People here are so smug. He will be re-elected? Most of you also thought he would never see recall ballot. This shit is serious. As a California resident I am shook. This is nothing but a power grab by the GOP! A huge waste of tax money and a farce. I am not so sure Gavin won’t be recalled and that Californians won’t be stuck with some Republicunt.

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2021 6:30 AM

Interactive map of donors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote]People here are so smug.

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2021 1:54 PM

R33: that's some BS, fictional stuff. Hews News Service??? hahahaha Even the California Repugs didn't acknowledge that "report."

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2021 1:54 PM

[quote] Deplorable leaving the state moving to Texas.

They're all moving to Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2021 2:01 PM

Don’t forget about me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2021 2:06 PM

[quote] Go ahead, wast your money on a recall, not going to happen Trolls.

If it were their money they were wasting, it would be a different matter.

But this is going to be paid for by the California taxpayers, not the carpetbagger Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2021 2:11 PM

Yeah, Gavin is untouchable. Alas.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2021 2:15 PM

Not as untouchable as Donald "I started an insurrection in an attempt to murder my vice-president and got away with it" Trump.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2021 2:17 PM

No comparison, R58.

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2021 2:18 PM

The recall threshold is so low that I'm surprised the Repugs haven't used this tactic more often. 70-80% of the signatures come from 3 Northern Republican counties.

I'm sure Gavin will win in a landslide, still we need to keep an eye on the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2021 4:52 PM

This recall is especially stupid, because there's only a year left on Newsom's current term. So there will be another race in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 61June 25, 2021 1:13 AM

If California didn't have one of the largest economies in American much less world it would be joke. They literally have government via referendum which has and continue to cause all sorts of problems.

Start with Proposition 13.....

The insanity of attempting to recall a governor who will be a lame duck in little over six months is further proof of this insanity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2021 7:14 AM

When "Business Man" Arnold came in and replaced Gray Davis, the very first thing he did was to dismantle and destroy the Worker's Compensation system in the State of California. I believe he did this simply because he WAS a businessman and hated paying premiums and was sick of getting fined and sued for not following the laws on the books. What California has been left with is a very sick system. God help you if you get injured on the job now. You'll get nothing or next to it because the current system rewards businesses for bad and dangerous practices. I swear I don't know how some of these assholes sleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 63June 25, 2021 10:44 PM

[quote]Deplorable leaving the state moving to Texas. "They're all moving to Idaho."

A lot moving to really cheap places to live like Georgia, North Carolina, Florida. Deplorable love red states with race problems.

by Anonymousreply 64June 26, 2021 8:08 AM

R49, where did you get those stats?

Latest census data puts CA at about 35% with undergrad degree, which is actually on the low side compared to other states and DC.

by Anonymousreply 65June 26, 2021 11:19 PM

Don't know the actual numbers but California is seeing an influx of more college educated young adults.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 27, 2021 8:50 AM

^ Did the Southern border factor into those stats?

by Anonymousreply 67June 27, 2021 8:10 PM

Actually, yes r57, that number is actually been in decline since Obama.

by Anonymousreply 68June 28, 2021 9:16 AM

If he needs support, he should release nudes and/or a jack-off video.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2021 7:41 PM

The Gavin Newsom recall is nothing but sour grapes from deplorables who still can't get over the fact that Trump lost.

by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2021 10:17 PM

Ezra Klein explains the nonsense that is the recall:

[quote] After a slow start, California ranks 10th in the nation for coronavirus vaccinations. It’s down to about three cases per 100,000 residents. Its economy is booming. According to Bloomberg, the state “has no peers among developed economies for expanding G.D.P., creating jobs, raising household income, manufacturing growth, investment in innovation, producing clean energy and unprecedented wealth through its stocks and bonds.” State coffers are flush: The governor’s office estimates a $76 billion budget surplus. The Legislative Analyst’s Office puts it at $38 billion. (The difference turns on the definition of the word “surplus.”)

[quote] So what is California doing in this moment of plenty? Deciding whether to recall its governor, of course.

[quote] The current recall election is now scheduled for September, and the candidates to replace Newsom include Caitlyn Jenner, best known for her work as a bit character in the Kardashian cinematic universe, and John Cox, who lost to Newsom by 23.8 percentage points in 2018 and has been campaigning with a live bear to drive home the slogan that while Newsom is a “beauty,” he is a “beast.” I wish I were kidding.

[quote] Most Californians want no part of this nonsense. In May, the Public Policy Institute of California found that 54 percent of likely voters approved of Newsom’s performance, and 57 percent opposed recalling him. But a more worrying number was tucked into the cross tabs: Those who want Newsom gone were 15 points likelier to be following the recall closely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 8, 2021 3:56 PM

𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗮 𝗷𝘂𝗱𝗴𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀𝗼𝗺'𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝗗𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘁

In filing his official response to the recall effort from February last year, Newsom’s staff failed to designate his Democrat party affiliation. The governor’s campaign asked California Secretary of State Shirley Weber to allow the affiliation to appear, but she declined.

In the ruling, Judge James P. Arguelles rejected the governor’s request, stating that circumstances “do not justify excuse from the deadline.”

The law “unambiguously precludes party information from appearing on a recall ballot where the elected officer fails timely to make the designation,” the judge said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 14, 2021 12:05 PM

[quote] Caitlyn Jenner, best known for her work as a bit character in the Kardashian cinematic universe

SHADE!!

by Anonymousreply 73July 14, 2021 12:30 PM

Vote Faulconer.

by Anonymousreply 74July 14, 2021 12:31 PM

[quote] In May, the Public Policy Institute of California found that 54 percent of likely voters approved of Newsom’s performance.

That's not that great.

by Anonymousreply 75July 14, 2021 12:36 PM

I want his babies

by Anonymousreply 76July 14, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote]That's not that great.

Congress is at 12% approval rating so he miles better than that. Did Trump ever get about 40%?

by Anonymousreply 77July 14, 2021 12:47 PM

You gays like him because he's handsome. If he was not, you'd vote him out. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 78July 14, 2021 12:58 PM

Gay here^. Voting Faulconer.

by Anonymousreply 79July 14, 2021 1:02 PM

Please turn up to vote I am worried about DEM turnout, GQP is banking on it.

by Anonymousreply 80July 14, 2021 1:04 PM

That's right, let's put Caitlin Jenner in charge of the worst Covid hotspot in the country.

by Anonymousreply 81July 14, 2021 1:09 PM

I hope he survives.

by Anonymousreply 82July 14, 2021 1:10 PM

[quote]I swear I don't know how some of these assholes sleep at night.

Most likely in a California King bed.

by Anonymousreply 83July 14, 2021 1:12 PM

Even at his worst, Gavin Newsom is lightning years better than that hot mess chick with a dick.

by Anonymousreply 84July 14, 2021 1:22 PM

R50

[quote] As a California resident I am shook.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 85July 14, 2021 1:47 PM

I have no skin in this fight but isn’t Gavin Newsom kind of a sleaze ball? And I don’t mean in that jaded, all-politicians-suck way that many of you have, but like actually POS? I was surprised he got elected Governor. He’s always seemed like the type to say everything right but is dirty behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 86July 14, 2021 1:52 PM

we looooo love his hot cute ass in cali.....he is a durn good man, liberal!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 87July 14, 2021 2:05 PM

R31, I welcome any opportunity to bring Angelyne into the limelight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 14, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote] isn’t Gavin Newsom kind of a sleaze ball

Very much so. No respect or loyalty whatsoever to his friends and supporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 14, 2021 2:26 PM

He sounds like that dude who was replaced by Arnold.^.

by Anonymousreply 90July 14, 2021 3:38 PM

Daddy Newsome is so handsome. If only I had the opportunity to suck his big Irish cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 14, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote] Even at his worst, Gavin Newsom is lightning years better…

“Lightning years”?

by Anonymousreply 92July 14, 2021 3:42 PM

we love gavin in calif.....he helps us all and is better than any god dam repug who wants him out.

by Anonymousreply 93July 15, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote]I have no skin in this fight but isn’t Gavin Newsom kind of a sleaze ball?

No Dear, you have been reading too much Faux news. That's why you were surprised the people of California like him and elected him twice. If you want sleaze ball, Google Chris Christie of NJ.

Fatso for short.

by Anonymousreply 94July 15, 2021 12:41 PM

I wonder what his Jizz tastes like? 🤤

by Anonymousreply 95July 15, 2021 2:58 PM

R78 Newsom is decent looking, but he looks like he needs to be introduced to shampoo.

by Anonymousreply 96July 17, 2021 7:40 AM

[quote] I have no skin in this fight but isn’t Gavin Newsom kind of a sleaze ball?

Yes. Cocaine-loving, lobbyist-cozying-while-ignoring-Covid-protocol-he-installed, ex-husband of shady Kimberly Guilfoyle, deceitful-friend-having-an-affair-with-friend’s-wife, current CA governor.

Even comes across as a smarmy used car salesman.

That said, I voted for him.

He’s a far cry from Jerry Brown. But not as horrific as some of the deplorable fascists.

by Anonymousreply 97July 17, 2021 7:59 AM

Lots of people use drugs, lots of people have shitty Ex spouses. Not a news flash here.

by Anonymousreply 98July 17, 2021 8:38 AM

There is an option for beauty, glamor. and excitement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 17, 2021 8:49 AM

Caitlyn is doing it because this as always been about furthering her career or lack there of. Rumor has it she is getting paid 500,000 for that one little job. I hope the other people running for the job call her out on it. Sure she has a right to make money, but then do that, dont lie about wanting to be Governor when you really would rather spend time on a TV set.

by Anonymousreply 100July 17, 2021 8:54 AM

[quote] Lots of people use drugs, lots of people have shitty Ex spouses. Not a news flash here.

Indeed.

Does that excuse the ethical deficits of the CA gov?

Methinks not.

At a time when confidence is low in the US political system - in large part due to massive corruption and moral rot of it’s leaders - justifying Gavin’s failings (because he is attractive? and sleazy?) does NOT serve the people of California.

The recall is a massive waste and of time and resources. Yet, Gavin brought a large part of this on himself. Geez, he couldn’t even file the appropriate papers to have himself listed as a Democrat on the recall ballot.

Not impressed at all. Will be glad to see him go. I hope upon hope he is voted out when his term ends and he is replaced by someone competent and decent.

by Anonymousreply 101July 17, 2021 8:55 AM

He's going to run for President R101. So I would imagine he's not going away any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 102July 17, 2021 8:58 AM

^^ We’ll see, won’t we, R102.

Much can happen between now and a presidential bid.

Gavin should not count his chickens before they hatch.

by Anonymousreply 103July 17, 2021 9:02 AM

Well, the Repugs try to recall EVERY Democratic Governer that CA has so it's kind of routine to hear about it. I think this is the 6th time they tried it with Gavin starting from the first day in office. This just happens to be the first one that got enough votes to put it on the ballot. And I have notice Repugs and Faux News have been pushing this recall. Why do my partners shitty Trump relatives all know about Gavin's recall? Why should they care? It's not their state and yet they seem to know blow by blow and intent on his and California's downfall. There is defiantly an organized push from the right that seems to be pushing this issue on social media. 3/4 of the time the stiff I read about how he should be recalled all come from people living in another state. The good news is, they cant vote. But they are trolling.

by Anonymousreply 104July 17, 2021 9:09 AM

^^Yeah, it’s unfair and a waste.

But Gavin gave them an inch, and the Repubs are now taking a mile.

While the R’s are deplorable, neither are faultless.

The French Laundry Affair angered many (not just Republicans), and likely threw gasoline on the spark that the R’s were continually attempting to light.

At a time when emotions were running at a fever pitch (Trump turmoil, post-CA fires, Covid, lockdown, etc), Gavin revealed a hypocritical weakness.

While not condoning the recall, Gavin could of - and should of - done better. Same with the filing of his recall ballot. He is not blameless in this whole fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 105July 17, 2021 9:37 AM

Could of and should of

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 106July 17, 2021 9:45 AM

For You R106:

*Could Have*

*Should Have* used the proper grammar instead of using quick autofill!

by Anonymousreply 107July 17, 2021 9:51 AM

R1 you sound arrogant and clueless as fuck. The asshole psychics of DL also laughed that this would never even be taken past the petition phase. As an actual resident of California I am shook! He may very well be recalled and we will end up with a Republicunt turd.

by Anonymousreply 108July 17, 2021 9:58 AM

You gays like him because he's handsome. If he was not, you'd vote him out. Typical.

Shut up, Karen. You don't live in CA and this has NOTHING to do with you. This why your daughter offed herself. She was tired of a meddling hag like you.

by Anonymousreply 109July 17, 2021 10:12 AM

It’s a pointless waste domed to failure, but that French Laundry thing was annoying. Might send a little signal to him and those like him if the recall side gets a few votes.

Chesa Boudin is the one who really needs to be recalled.

by Anonymousreply 110July 17, 2021 10:14 AM

R108, you are a trolling POS. The number of signatures needed for a recall is 1,495,709. Mind your own business. The CA recall election has nothing to do with you.

You don't live here, Boris. Shut up and move along.

Oh, and stop using the word "shook." You're too old.

by Anonymousreply 111July 17, 2021 10:23 AM

*doomed

by Anonymousreply 112July 17, 2021 10:25 AM

He's not going to be recalled, they just did a poll about a week ago not even close. Get over it haters.

by Anonymousreply 113July 17, 2021 10:46 AM

Don’t wish for the recall.

That said, like your confidence, R113.

What if there are shenanigans?

by Anonymousreply 114July 17, 2021 10:54 AM

Caitlyn is now is Australia’s filming Big Brother VIP. She got $500k for it.

So if she wins the election, every time she gets offered money to appear on a reality show, will she do it?

by Anonymousreply 116July 17, 2021 11:27 AM

California’s economy has been solidly in the black ever since the Dems have run the place. Whenever there were GOP gobs, California would always been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. Now it’s the 5th largest economy in the world.

No way Californian are voting him out for Caitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 117July 17, 2021 11:30 AM

[quote] You gays like him because he's handsome.

That. And also he was a friend to gays during one of lowest points in gay political history: when Republicans were trying to push a constitutional amendment to outlaw gay marriage everywhere in the United States. He decided to do some political theater in protest.

[quote] Gavin: I was invited to Washington, DC, after just becoming mayor. Nancy Pelosi was kind enough to offer me a ticket to watch George W. Bush’s State of the Union address. Bush ended with a pronouncement supporting a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage. Afterward, I was going back to get my cell phone, and a couple was standing right next to me in line and they were celebrating the president’s speech.

[quote] I remember it like it was yesterday—the way one of the two referred to the “homosexual agenda.” They were so proud that the president was finally going to “fix” that. And it was the way they said “homosexual” that really struck a chord to me.

[quote] Rather than walking downstairs to participate in a reception with Nancy Pelosi, I literally walked outside the Capitol and picked up my phone and called my staff and said, “We need to do something about it.” And it was literally that moment that triggered a series of events that ultimately led to Phyllis Lyon and Del Martin getting married and then, subsequently, 4,035 other couples from 46 states and six countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 17, 2021 3:39 PM

i don't live there but he's been good to the gays...he has my vote for president of USA

by Anonymousreply 119July 17, 2021 4:55 PM

PROTECT CALIFORNIA, Vote to KEEP Gavin! Gavin gave the biggest CA surplus, protected gays. Plus, if GQP got their way, they will try this on every Dem States

by Anonymousreply 120July 17, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote] She was like this when she was married to/fucking Newsom. They were both coke fiends. She looked much better then than she does now, he always looked like a rich weasel, but god those two were massive cunts. My boyfriend and I would see them hoovering all around SF in the wee hours, doing their see and be seen thing. They are both massive turds.

R30 from the Kimberly Guilfoyle thread....

by Anonymousreply 121July 17, 2021 10:09 PM

we in calif adore gavin and will laff when u trumpers' attempt to recall him fails ....

HA HA

by Anonymousreply 122July 19, 2021 3:14 PM

With messy cate running against him he will be re elected.

by Anonymousreply 123July 19, 2021 3:17 PM

Could care less about his politics. I just want to have his deliver a load in my mouth. I find his nasty sexy.. SO ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 124July 19, 2021 3:20 PM

Even with most likely low turnout, Gavin won't be recalled in Sep

by Anonymousreply 125July 19, 2021 3:24 PM

Met him once a few years ago.

Super handsome.

Total sweetheart, very supportive of us.

by Anonymousreply 126July 19, 2021 3:25 PM

i met him too, omg georgous !!!! sweet soul, he does alot of good for our state, a good christian man.

by Anonymousreply 127July 19, 2021 4:32 PM

He'd look so much better with a different hairstyle. Maybe let it grow out a bit and lose the hair gel.. That slicked-back look is so dated.

by Anonymousreply 128July 19, 2021 4:43 PM

Newsom is so smart and eloquent--hopefully a future presidential candidate

by Anonymousreply 129July 19, 2021 8:32 PM

Reelected in a landslide. Waste of time, money, and energy. Maybe the real intention is to kneecap him in case he ever decides to run for president...

by Anonymousreply 130July 19, 2021 8:35 PM

His winning a recall attempt will just make him stronger

by Anonymousreply 131July 19, 2021 8:40 PM

[quote] His winning a recall attempt will just make him stronger.

Likely not.

Too tainted.

But we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 132July 20, 2021 5:20 AM

I was here back when datalounge hated Gavin for being a stealth republican mayor catering to big business and special interests. Then he pulled the marriage stunt. But I don't think he has really changed much from then to now.

by Anonymousreply 133July 20, 2021 5:29 AM

I like him

by Anonymousreply 134July 20, 2021 6:22 AM

Datalounge can change on a dime, R133. Remember when they hated Bush?

by Anonymousreply 135July 21, 2021 12:56 AM

We still hate Bush. You misunderstand comparison of a grifting asshole Trump to and goofy Idiot Bush. Both sucked as President. The goofball was easier to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 136July 21, 2021 6:50 AM

R122 but the state is a shithole and there are millions who disagree. Are Trumpers, Boris, deplorables, Nazis, racists . ..really the problem/

by Anonymousreply 137July 21, 2021 3:03 PM

Every politician has a few redeeming qualities, I guess. But if someone has led a life of profligacy and I don’t just mean a few scrapes along the way —“OMG this Christian Right-wing Trump-loving Republican got a DUI once” doesn’t count — but just a bunch of bullshit throughout their lives that kind of didn’t stop when they ran for office? Yeah no bueno.

by Anonymousreply 138July 21, 2021 3:27 PM

He's fine.

by Anonymousreply 139July 21, 2021 5:54 PM

president newsom someday yesss !!!!! hot and hung and a good man.

by Anonymousreply 140July 22, 2021 10:16 AM

[quote]ut the state is a shithole and there are millions who disagree.

Sure Jan, that's why millions are still flocking to it while the Deplorables move to Texas. If it was a shithole than I could buy a house for 150,000 like Florida or Texas where all the trash live. Location, location, location.

by Anonymousreply 141July 22, 2021 12:26 PM

honey the rents in cali aint cheap, obviously follks still wanna be in da golden state close to the fab pacific ocean...

by Anonymousreply 142July 22, 2021 12:29 PM

Let the deplorables yes leave cali, we got too many dam people here....be gone fugs!

by Anonymousreply 143July 22, 2021 12:30 PM

If these deplorables are that fervent to recall Newsom wouldn't the odds of it happening be greater? I'm curious as to why everyone is so sure that it won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 144July 22, 2021 2:07 PM

There are quite a few recalls being served in Southern California. It's as if the outcome of elections don't matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 145July 22, 2021 2:10 PM

[quote] but the state is a shithole and there are millions who disagree.

The state has the 5th largest economy in the world and is solidly in the black budget-wise, after teetering on financial edge during generations of GOP rule.

Hardly a shithole

by Anonymousreply 146July 22, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote] solidly in the black budget-wise,

It's amazing how often that gets repeated as fact. Spending minus revenue = lots of red ink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 22, 2021 8:25 PM

[quote] The state has the 5th largest economy in the world and is solidly in the black budget-wise, after teetering on financial edge during generations of GOP rule. Hardly a shithole

How much of that money goes into the hands of the working man, capitalist pig? We know corporations are rich. LA has homeless people shitting all over the streets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 22, 2021 8:32 PM

Meh, all about nothing.

I said it before, Newsom is not going nowhere. In the future he'll even run for president. I feel sad for our residen Repubes. Probrecitos. They look frustrated.

Gavin "Saint Patron of the Gays" Newsom is here to stay. Love him, take him, and ADORE him.

by Anonymousreply 149July 22, 2021 8:35 PM

R147, funny we don't look at America's debt when we call it the greatest economy in the world....

by Anonymousreply 150July 22, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote] How much of that money goes into the hands of the working man, capitalist pig? We know corporations are rich. LA has homeless people shitting all over the streets.

Homeless people are often mentally ill and druggies. No matter how good the economy is, you're going to have homeless people.

by Anonymousreply 151July 22, 2021 8:36 PM

[quote] How much of that money goes into the hands of the working man, capitalist pig?

Again, we don't rate America's economy based on how much money gets into the hands of the "working man."

Why are you rating California's that way?

by Anonymousreply 152July 22, 2021 8:38 PM

Time to run deplorables out of the state. Get rid of the "one way ticket" policy so red states will stop sending us their undesirables.

by Anonymousreply 153July 22, 2021 9:00 PM

in the black cause of taxes on pot sales. viva la cali !

by Anonymousreply 154July 24, 2021 6:26 AM

I checked my old America Online account and newsom's office/campaign emailed me 4 times a day for almost an entire month asking for donations

by Anonymousreply 155July 24, 2021 6:49 AM

If more restrictions happen throughout CA, Newsom will be in trouble. He'll probably sail through, but you might have another Hillary of your hands.

by Anonymousreply 156July 24, 2021 7:27 AM

1995 wants to recall Gavin's hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 157July 24, 2021 9:37 AM

[quote] I'm curious as to why everyone is so sure that it won't happen.

Because we are not delusional Deplorable Repugs. Facts are facts and all you have to do is use the Google. He has a 56% approval rating sate wide. That's not low enough for a recall. For reference, Trump was in the 30's and low 40's most of his Presidency. Plus there is no fresh new interesting face with actual experience running against him except old men in drag and old Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 158July 24, 2021 11:00 AM

^^state wide^^

by Anonymousreply 159July 24, 2021 11:01 AM

I am sure he won't be recalled because CA does not want a drag queen as Gov.

by Anonymousreply 160July 24, 2021 12:57 PM

[quote] Facts are facts and all you have to do is use the Google. He has a 56% approval rating sate wide. That's not low enough for a recall. For reference, Trump was in the 30's and low 40's most of his Presidency.

For someone who's so intent on "facts" you sure are loose with them. Trump's polls were in mid to high 40's for most of his term. Newsom's' are in high 40's in California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 24, 2021 2:49 PM

I love people who just focus on Jenner—that’s so funny.

Faulconer is the best out of all them—Newsom included.

by Anonymousreply 162July 24, 2021 2:57 PM

Don't be fooled by R158, he's trying to get you to stay home. Get out and vote, it could be close!

by Anonymousreply 163July 24, 2021 3:28 PM

Most Californians vote by mail.

by Anonymousreply 164July 24, 2021 3:43 PM

I signed the petition for Gavin to be recalled. I did it because he was too cocky and needed a kick in the balls, not necessarily because I plan to vote him out. He has definitely ramped things up since the recall was official and he finally acknowledged it. I also like that he'll have to not only win the recall, but also be campaigning for 2022. He'll be working extra hard for the state over the next 1.5 years with the threat of getting kicked out of office always looming. I think covid and any potential surges will be the make or break for him in the recall. If LA gets our shit together and the state can keep the virus and restrictions to a minimum he'll be fine. If not, I think he's in jeopardy. Any business closures or restrictions would be political suicide.

by Anonymousreply 165July 24, 2021 4:22 PM

I’m a Democrat and would not vote to recall him, but aGavin has the smarmy, know it all persona people love to hate. He’s like the Hollywood version of Al Gore

by Anonymousreply 166July 24, 2021 5:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 25, 2021 3:42 AM

R165 is why we can't have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 168July 25, 2021 3:49 AM

His state is booming economically and has a budget surplus- GOO nonsense that will go nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 169July 25, 2021 5:43 AM

He looks like a snake at r161

by Anonymousreply 170July 25, 2021 8:02 AM

People think he is a smarmy elitist

by Anonymousreply 171July 25, 2021 8:13 AM

[quote] His state is booming economically and has a budget surplus- GOO nonsense that will go nowhere.

That economy is not going to every day people. People are homeless and home prices are through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 172July 25, 2021 1:07 PM

is he really bi? god i hope so.

fuk the repubs who are runnin this recall mess.

by Anonymousreply 173July 28, 2021 8:34 PM

Even more reason to recall him ^.

by Anonymousreply 174July 28, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote]or someone who's so intent on "facts" you sure are loose with them. Trump's polls were in mid to high 40's for most of his term. Newsom's' are in high 40's in California.

Newsom has at times had polls rating him at in the high 70% the highest in the country. Trump even on his best day never hit 50%. And certainly never was considered the best president in the country ever.

by Anonymousreply 175July 28, 2021 8:42 PM

[quote]That economy is not going to every day people. People are homeless and home prices are through the roof.

Everyday people? You mean like Republican rubes from Flyoverstan or the insurrectionist that showed up on Jan 6th? No thanks, they can keep moving to Texas for all I care. Prices are through the roof because everyone wants to live in California. It's basic math. If it was a dump like Florida full of white trash and international drug crime the houses would be a lot cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 176July 28, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote] everyone wants to live in California.

Si. When's our next check due?

by Anonymousreply 177July 28, 2021 8:59 PM

Your racist roots are showing R117. Didn't you get your 1.500 check from uncle same in the back woods of Ozark yet? Or do they not deliver to that poor white trash area yet?

by Anonymousreply 178July 28, 2021 9:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 28, 2021 9:15 PM

Gee, what are the chances that 4th time in a row that Gavin's place are not politically motivated? Angry Trumpeters perhaps? Disgruntled insurrectionists most likely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 28, 2021 9:55 PM

IVE MET HIM, NICEST HOTTEST GUY UDE EVER WANNA KNOW/BLOW.

THE RECALL IS RIDIC.

HE IS LOVED. SUPER NICE LIBERAL.

by Anonymousreply 181July 31, 2021 7:40 AM

Erm, Governor? Kimberly Guilfoyle called. She wants your dick back.

by Anonymousreply 182July 31, 2021 7:53 AM

It has a chance of happening if there’s low voter turnout. Californians better go to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 183July 31, 2021 7:54 AM

[quote] Everyday people? You mean like Republican rubes from Flyoverstan or the insurrectionist that showed up on Jan 6th? No thanks, they can keep moving to Texas for all I care.

You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 184July 31, 2021 8:01 AM

I wonder what he is like in bed? I get kink vibes, but only with his mistresses.

by Anonymousreply 185July 31, 2021 8:39 AM

I could see him doing that 50 Shades of Grey thing with the ladies, especially with that big dick they all go nuts over and leave their husbands for. I swear, women are bigger whores than gay men.

by Anonymousreply 186July 31, 2021 10:30 AM

[quote]..women are bigger whores than gay men.

Beg your pardon? This classy woman is headed to The View. Only "ho" with makeup.💄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 2, 2021 2:58 PM

Good thing Caitlyn had a fallback plan😝

by Anonymousreply 188September 15, 2021 5:43 AM

Caitlin on The View panel will be a bigger shit fest than Meghan ever served up. BIG mistake. BIG.

by Anonymousreply 189September 17, 2021 4:47 AM

our hottie won.

yay gavin!!!!

by Anonymousreply 190September 23, 2021 9:17 AM

Such insights from a geriatric attention ho, "my, like hangar guy, like moved to like Arizona because like, the homelessness in like California is like such a drag". We all need to be exposed to this wisdom. Daily.

by Anonymousreply 191September 23, 2021 11:03 AM

Gavin Newsom (Josh Meyers) celebrates his win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 23, 2021 3:03 PM

GAVIN OUR NEXT PREZ.....SOMEDAY.....HOT N FUN AND SMART

by Anonymousreply 193October 1, 2021 10:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!