Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trailer for "tick, tick... BOOM!: The Motion Picture"

This is the first time I've ever thought Andrew Garfield was attractive... he seems to have gained some muscle mass since his Spider-Man days.

But given that "In the Heights" has been a flop, it's hard to me to think this will catch on and be successful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 5:18 PM

I am so surprised they're making a movie of this at all.

I think Hollywood is overrating the appeal of both Lin-Manuel Miranda and young musical theater nerds.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 1:03 AM

Looks dreary.

It needs a big “light the can-dolllls / Get the ICE!! OUT!” type number.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 1:20 AM

I didn't know Andrew Garfield can sing. I'd like to see him get more work--he's appealing.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 3:17 AM

The beauty of netflix is that there's no box office. and they dont release streaming numbers. "successful" is any movie that gets made and gets people paid.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 3:23 AM

That's not true, r4.

If this bombs, they will certainly know, and we will also know because it won't be in the top ten.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 3:31 AM

Not as good as The Hives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 4:29 AM

r5 Any movie that Netflix releases will make the top 10. They want people to watch it. What ends up in the top 10 is sometimes organic but often the result of what they push people to view. You have no idea how broadly they will push something, let alone what spending they do on actual advertising outside netflix. but its the inside netflix push that determines whether people watch stuff. again, we'll have no idea how many viewers this gets.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 5:03 AM

Netflix is always eager to say their original releases are the most viewed on their platform (and who can prove they are lying?). The only time they admitted to an original movie or show having low ratings was when they received blowback for cancelling the One Day At A Time reboot.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 7:11 AM

I was “molested”.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 7:15 AM

It better have enough Afro-Latinx lead performers is all i can say.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 2:50 PM

I love this musical (and I generally prefer straight plays, not musicals). Saw it several times Off-Broadway. But you'd barely know its a musical from the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 5:14 PM

Well, my guess is that in 2021 they somehow think they'll attract more viewers if they make it seem like it's just about young hotties trying to make it big in NYC and de-emphasize that it's a musical.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 5:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!