Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scientists identify 29 planets where aliens could observe Earth

Scientists identify 29 planets where aliens could observe Earth

Astronomers estimate 29 habitable planets are positioned to see Earth transit and intercept human broadcasts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 6:02 AM

We are either the universe's best reality show or there's a "do not feed the monkeys" sign

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 12:50 AM

Sorry, I'm not a believer.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 12:51 AM

[quote] Scientists identify 29 planets where aliens could observe Earth

Do the 29 include Earth?

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 12:57 AM

Old fashioned Sunday supplement sci fi from the Guardian.

Nobody has identified even one "habitable" exoworld. Being a rocky world close enough to the sun that "might" have liquid water skips a lot of factors.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 1:21 AM

There are undoubtedly other life forms out there in the Universe. It's just literally impossible for there not to be.

Whether we will ever come into contact with them I don't know. The distances are too far.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 1:39 AM

Who needs them when we have fcuking Russia, Putin and the U.S. Government's forthcoming unidentified aerial phenomena congressional report??

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 2:00 AM

I think the 'UAPs' are illusions of light or plasma or wonky electronics.

Considering the train of many unlikely circumstances the led to us, and the earth being in the right place to foster life over billions of years, and what a rarity that is, it would not surprise me if we are the only self-aware, semi-intelligent lifeforms in this galaxy, if not the entire universe at present.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!