Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay arranged marriages

What do you guys think of this concept? I'm too hopeless and socially anxious to actually go out and find a partner. I've been thinking how nice and easy it would be if this idea came to fruition. Obliviously this won't happen any time soon but its comforting to think, at least to me.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 1:32 PM

You really want your mother to set you up?

“Top or bottom? Let’s discuss cock size.”

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 12:43 AM

What if they end up both being bottoms?

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 12:59 AM

R2, they order in.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 1:05 AM

You mean…… like those tribal clans do in the Middle East?………. like arranged marriages …only Gay? Ok…………………………..

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 1:23 AM

No OP.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 1:30 AM

It's already a thing in India, maybe you just need to relocate OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 3:12 AM

How’s your dowry?

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 3:18 AM

Arranged marriages seem like such a gamble to me. Maybe you'd get someone good and it'll work out but you could get someone you're really not attracted to as well. If it's a situation where you still get to choose, then I'm pretty sure that there are dating agencies you can pay to set you up with people.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 3:56 AM

Gay guys are far too picky, fugeddaboutit

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 4:07 AM

Start drinking, OP. You can meet a man while drunk in a bar, or at an AA meeting. Honestly, a large number of friends found their significant others this way.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 4:10 AM

Can I get a mail order husband?

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 4:12 AM

There's an entire fanfiction sub-genre dedicated to stories about gay arranged marriages. Fangirls love this kind of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 4:25 AM

Especially for fat, old gays, the dowry for the groom will be ginormous. Isn't it better to just pay for homeless whores and get over with it at some airport motel?

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 4:36 AM

It can't work without an equal number of tops and bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 5:33 AM

It'd be easier if Muriel would allow a matchmaking service here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 5:54 AM

I hope you're kidding.

It would be predicated on the outmoded concept of ownership of a subordinate class of person (usually women), treating the betrothed as chattel, which has always been exactly what's wrong with heterosexual marriages, dating back to before recorded history.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 7:00 AM

Gods, no. Thanks to my parents having endured traumatic neglect in their childhoods, both have awful taste and judgement in people, and think barrel-scraping low-class codependency is a normal and attractive relationship model. They’d pick some girl for me who’s even more damaged than I am, if indeed they agreed to pick a girl at all (my dad is still iffy on the whole dyke thing).

It’s bad enough that in this day and age my younger straight sister can’t safely wed or even buy a property with her boyfriend, because his Turkish Muslim parents and their Imam are being bigoted religious cunts about it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!