Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

US government seizes Iranian media websites because they "spread disinformation"

Apparently, the "spreading" of "freedom" and "democracy" require the illegal sequestering of another country's media outlets, just because they don't say what the US government wants.

And Biden was supposed to de-escalate the mess that Trump had created in the Middle East... 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2021 11:52 PM

Like I trust that Qatari mouthpiece Aljazeera

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2021 8:52 PM

Disinformation? They simply must treat gays with respect and dignity. My mistake!

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2021 8:53 PM

Big deal, they just got the .com and .net (and so on) versions. The same website is available at the .ir link. Google ranks without regard to the top level domain.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2021 8:54 PM

Good! Hopefully the same is done with Russian sites next.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2021 9:00 PM

They should go after Israeli sites as well but they won’t

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2021 9:12 PM

OP= QAnon loon

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2021 9:16 PM

Oh yes, R4: censorship is so great! Not to mention that we are all stupid and can't be trusted to make our own decisions, or do our own research in order to determine whether something is valid or not.

However, now we have the Code of Practice on Disinformation, which enables national broadcasting companies and affiliates to control news and shape public discourse narratives to what is most convenient for them! Anyone who says "inconvenient" things will be isolated and silenced, and lumped with the likes of Alex Jones and Ben Shapiro. And if what they say cannot be silenced or dismissed as nonsense, they will be illegally imprisoned and slowly tortured to death, as they are doing to Julian Assange.

Yes, that is such a wonderful future, because widespread censorship, repression and totalitarianism are ideal, as long as you only get to hear what you like, while the elites destroy the planet out of greed.

R6, you forgot to label me as "Boris", "Bernie bro" and "tankie"... You're losing your mental faculties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2021 9:42 PM

R7, so many uninteresting words that I could not care less about.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2021 9:50 PM

I won’t call you “Boris”, R7. But I will say you’ve started MULTIPLE threads celebrating the n-word!

Just kidding, just kidding!! Welcome to my world.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2021 10:00 PM

[quote] slowly tortured to death, as they are doing to Julian Assange.

🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2021 10:13 PM

I am sure that EXTREMELY well regarded, Pulitzer-winning journalist Chris Hedges, knows a lot more about this than you, R10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2021 10:25 PM

Well-regarded by Marxists.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2021 11:47 PM

LIBEL, SLANDER AND FAKE NEWS ARE NOT PROTECTED SPEECH, BORIS!

The U.S. did the right thing and it needs to do more.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2021 11:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!