Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most satisfying scenes in movies

The end of Dogville

The entire third act of The Handmaiden

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 6:04 PM

This scene:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2021 10:15 AM

towanda, baby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2021 10:42 AM

The final scene of "Nocturnal Animals."

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2021 10:52 AM

Once I realized Dogville was “Pirate Jenny,” I knew what was coming.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2021 11:00 AM

Wow, r1. I’ve never heard of that movie. That is an amazing clip, especially when you consider that they filmed it without CGI.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2021 11:09 AM

The ending of "The Lives of Others"

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2021 11:57 AM

When James Caan finally kills Kathy Bates in "Misery."

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2021 2:05 PM

When Rhonda tells off Tanya during the vacation on Hibiscus Island in "Muriel's Wedding" and lets her know that her husband Chook was fucking her friend Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 7:54 AM

THIS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 8:05 AM

R9 Exactly. The character played by Nancy Allen’s head and neck twisting implies that the vehicle is torqued really violently by an unknown force, and Travolta’s muffled scream lets the audience now how confused and scared the two were in this last, final moment. It’s so good. Carrie’s mother, the glorious Piper Laurie, gets hers, too, a few scenes after, and the use of sound in that scene (the swooping sound of spinning kitchen cutlery flying across the room to impale her is another clever touch, borrowed by Tarantino in his fighting scenes in Kill Bill I & II).

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 10:31 AM

The final shootout in the original Scarface. 1932. Fantastically violent and shocking. The movie is filled with incredibly tight and violent scenes.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 11:01 AM

For me with Carrie, it's the whole prom scene. The set up with the slow motion and Miss Collins dragging Sue out of the room builds up brilliantly to the carnage that follows.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 11:41 AM

The surprisingly low-key scene in Erin Brockovich where Erin visits one of the families to tell them about the settlement and the compensation they will receive from PG&E.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 11:43 AM

The Verdict. Paul Newman walks into a bar and decks Charlote Rampling after learning how she betrayed him. She got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 11:51 AM

SALT, when Angie starts tossing grenades on the boat and we’re sure where her loyalty lies.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 11:57 AM

Turn in your gay cards immediately!

When Dorothy wakes up safe and sound with her beloved family and Toto, she didn’t need to go over the rainbow after all.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 1:27 PM

R14 I forgot about the one! I remember seeing that movie in the theater, and the audience applauded after he smacked her!

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 1:42 PM

The melting Nazis toward the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 2:31 PM

The Name of the Rose - when The Inquisitor's (F. Murray Abraham) carriage is pushed over the cliff by the peasants

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 2:44 PM

When girls escape from the Magdalene laundry in 'Magdalene Sisters' and nearly choke the evil mother superior to death along the way.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2021 3:04 PM

R14 They could never get away with that scene today. (Can you imagine?)

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2021 5:49 PM

R21 She totally deserved it, though.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!