Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Diana's Scared Note: 'My Husband Is Planning an Accident'

Prince Charles was questioned by the U.K. police in 2005 about the death of his ex-wife, Princess Diana, according to a new report.

The probe was part of Operation Paget, the investigation into the various conspiracy theories surrounding Diana's death launched by the British Metropolitan Police in 2004.

Former head of Scotland Yard John Stevens told the Daily Mail that he spoke to Prince Charles about a note that Princess Diana wrote in 1995 which said, "My husband is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury," so that he could marry Tiggy Legge-Bourke, a nanny for Prince William and Prince Harry. Charles and Diana divorced in 1996.

Prince Charles was interviewed at St. James's Palace as a witness two years into the investigation, after the note became public in 2003.

"Yes, allegations had been made about the Prince of Wales and other royals but we had to find or examine the [existing] evidence before we approached him with formal questions," Stevens told the outlet. "We found no other evidence to support the scenario suggested in Diana's note."

"We were left with the note, which in itself was not enough to make Charles a formal suspect," he continued. "If he chose to assist Operation Paget, he would be doing so voluntarily as a potential witness. We would not be interviewing him under caution."

Stevens reportedly read the note to Prince Charles then asked him: "Why do you think the princess wrote this note, sir?"

The royal replied, "I did not know anything about [the note] until it was published in the media."

"You didn't discuss this note with her, sir?" Stevens asked, to which Charles said, "No, I did not know it existed."

When asked, "Do you know why the princess had these feelings, sir?" Charles replied, "No, I don't."

"At the end of the day he was incredibly cooperative because he had nothing to hide," Stevens told the Daily Mail.

Although Prince Charles, now 72, cooperated with the investigation, his father, Prince Philip, declined to assist in the investigation. He returned a request to comment on the allegations with three words, "No, thank you."

Princess Diana's note was written around the time she did her famous BBC Panorama interview with Martin Bashir.

An inquiry conducted by former supreme court judge John Dyson found last month that Bashir used "deceitful methods" to secure the interview by commissioning fake bank statements.

Stevens regretted that he and his officers did not interview Bashir.

"If there'd been an allegation then that Bashir had produced allegedly fake documents to Princess Diana, which is a criminal offense, we'd have investigated it. My goodness me, we would have done," he said. "But this has only come out recently, which is unfortunate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 31, 2022 8:14 AM

Good riddance to her.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2021 12:04 AM

Charles is coming for Harry next.

Harry was smart to move to the US.

He probably doesn't trust his father.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2021 12:05 AM

Klan Granny alert at R1.

Good thing she's old, and will probably be gone soon.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2021 12:06 AM

Haha I forgot about "Tiggy Legge-Bourke."

That name always made me giggle.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2021 12:07 AM

I always thought Princess Diana was RUBBED OUT.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2021 12:09 AM

I admired Diana for her style and humanitarian work. She seemed like she would be fun to hang around with; but let's face it - she was kind of a nutter.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2021 12:11 AM

Block the poster going on about KGs and 3 our of 5 posts, including the 1st post, disappear.

SS keeps pushing this narrative, while trying to claim it is coming from "KGs". The Narkles hired the guy for Archewell who owns rights to a Diana was killed film. I think we can ALL see where this is going.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2021 12:12 AM

[quote] SS keeps pushing this narrative,

Why would Stephen Sondheim be pushing this narrative?

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2021 12:15 AM

The heir to the British Throne could shoot someone in the middle of Piccadilly Circus and not be charged with a crime.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2021 12:20 AM

The person who was in the most dangerous seat but who was wearing a seat belt, survived.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2021 12:25 AM

As much as I loved Diana, she really was a paranoid loon.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2021 12:27 AM

[quote] My husband is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury," so that he could marry Tiggy Legge-Bourke, a nanny

She almost got it right.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2021 12:27 AM

Christ, she was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2021 12:29 AM

Today, we would call this 'mental illness'.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2021 12:29 AM

R13 = Man in Grey

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2021 12:33 AM

I am listening to LCC's book on H&M and she just talked about her paranoia @ TLB and how the 3 in the marriage in the Panorama interview meant TLB, Diana thought Camilla was a ruse or deflection from the relationship she believed Charles was having with the governess. The boys have remained close to her.

Diana was having so many affairs with married men. All such a mess. According to LCC she was fairly antisocial herself and encouraged the boys to break rules but not get caught. Haz seems a LOT like her. LCC wrote a few Diana books too.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote] I am listening to LCC's book on H&M and she just talked about her paranoia @ TLB and how the 3 in the marriage in the Panorama interview meant TLB,

Could you possibly use any more acronyms in your writing?

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2021 12:40 AM

Without even looking it up, I’m guessing:

LCC = Lady Colin Campbell

H&M = Harry and Meghan

TLB = Tiggy Legg-Bourke

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2021 12:45 AM

I think younger people are not that interested in any of this, they do not remember her and stories like this make her seem like a nutter. It was a different time. H&M have staked it all on trying to brand themselves as a dead woman, it does not seem to be working.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2021 12:46 AM

But how would he guarantee that (a) her driver would be inebriated and (b) she would refuse to wear a seatbelt?

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2021 1:17 AM

I have no sympathy for anybody who hired a chauffeur named Toonces.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2021 1:24 AM

Was tiggy the one that Diana mocked for having a miscarriage? Diana had quite the mean streak.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2021 1:29 AM

I think she confronted her in public and loudly accused her of aborting Charles' baby. One or both boys may or may not have been present. And this was after she had been under CONTINOUOUS psychiatric care beginning with the honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2021 1:33 AM

IF Diana has been wearing a seatbelt would you have lived?...

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2021 1:39 AM

R24... oops i meant would SHE have lived if she had been wearing a seatbelt.. Did she just forget and since it was a quick speeding drive and only a few moments so she had no time to put on the seatbelt once the car was speeding..

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2021 1:41 AM

R24... oops i meant would SHE have lived if she had been wearing a seatbelt.. Did she just forget and since it was a quick speeding drive and only a few moments so she had no time to put on the seatbelt once the car was speeding..

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2021 1:41 AM

She did have time to put on a seatbelt at any point, R25. She may well have lived.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2021 1:42 AM

Diana died due to a tear in a pulmonary vein. It's a rare, obscure injury that could not have been planned. That injury was why she was conscious and able to talk after the accident. She was losing blood internally, but it was happening slowly, so no one knew until she went into cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2021 2:16 AM

Didn’t Bashir plant that nonsense in her head? Said that William was spying on her, too. Bad hire really knew what he was doing: leveraging the insecurities/vulnerabilities of an unbalanced woman.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2021 2:20 AM

I have no idea what actually happened but there is some suspicious shit that happened with the accident. I won’t waste my life with conspiracy theories about it. We’ll never know but this shit was suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2021 2:27 AM

There is not a thing suspicious about speeding reckless drivers crashing and people not in seat belts dying in those crashes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2021 2:51 AM

[quote] Diana died due to a tear in a pulmonary vein. It's a rare, obscure injury that could not have been planned. That injury was why she was conscious and able to talk after the accident.

Did you perform the autopsy yourself, r28?

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2021 2:53 AM

I'm a guy and I loved Diana. LOVED her. She had good reason to fear the Firm who tapped her phones, followed her, generally made her life hell post Charles.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2021 2:56 AM

[quote]SS keeps pushing this narrative, while trying to claim it is coming from "KGs".

So many of you are genuinely delusional. No, Meghan Markle has not sent personal PR representatives to Datalounge to call you a "Klan Granny." You're not important and no one cares what you do or say.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2021 2:59 AM

They are posting information from a legitimate source, R32. Why does that bother you so much?

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2021 2:59 AM

How far away was the hospital? How long did it take to get her there?

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2021 3:23 AM

Bulimic psycho who threw herself down the stairs while pregnant. William said after the Bashir investigation that she was fearful and paranoid. William was the one that told her "mum hes not a good guy", and was upset about the interview to begin with. Hasnat warned her too. When your teen son has more common sense than you, you are a loon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote] Princess Diana’s Former Lover

That doesn't do much to narrow it down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2021 3:57 AM

This sounds like Q-Tard nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2021 4:02 AM

If Diana had lived she would be on Twitter attacking Charles and the queen relentlessly. Every week a new accusation, more insane than the other, would have emerged. She would have spent her days writing 9000 word screeds on Instagram describing her " abuse" at the hands of " gaslighting narcissist" Charles. She surely would have recruited one of her sons, probably Harry, to make it his lifes work to destroy Daddy. The adoring media would have lapped it up. Eventually she would be undone by the reveal of a close relationship with some sleazy Saudi prince.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2021 5:08 AM

The Tiggy abortion story was part of the Bashir campaign to get her to talk, wasn’t it? Diana had her flaws for sure, but the “So sorry about the baby” comment struck me odd and out of character even for her. Also, Diana was a nanny when she first captured Charles’ attention so in her isolated and vulnerable state, it would have seemed entirely logical that Charles would be attracted to Tiggy.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2021 5:27 AM

It is widely believed It was actually Prince Philip who ordered the hit on Diana. Of course, being married to the Queen, it was all swept under the rug. Not to mention, nobody can be sure that he wasn't actually acting on behalf of the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2021 5:46 AM

If Prince Philip wanted to kill her, he could have got one of the Seals to wait underwater until she was swimming off the side of Dodi's yacht and merely dragged her down under. Done and dusted.

The BRF doesn't need to kill anybody. If they were into that then Wallis Simpson would have been a skidmark on a back road somewhere within 6 months of the start of her relationship with David. They don't kill people - they ice them out.

Also, if Diana was so worried that Charles was "planning an accident" then why did she ride around without a seat belt on? After all, it was the lack of a seat belt which killed her. She would have survived if she had been wearing one.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2021 6:15 AM

Klan Grannies and their delusions of grandeur! This is probably the least influential gossip site online, yet the Klan think that dozens of PR workers hang out here.

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2021 6:21 AM

Considering how evil that family is I would be paranoid too. They owned her kids. The e tire family is sick. Andrew will get away with being a pedophile too because he’s part of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2021 6:31 AM

The woman was fucking mental, she showed signs of it long before she snagged Charles, and she passed her mental instability and functional illiterate stupid6on to her youngest son, now starring as Mordred in the updated musical, "Camelot".

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2021 10:19 AM

^*stupidity on to

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2021 10:19 AM

Having sex with a 17 year (which is legal in England) doesn’t make you a pedophile. Andrew is a sleazy, creepy pig but not a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2021 10:54 AM

R34 It is literally the job of today's PR agents to do that on public discussion forums.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2021 11:01 AM

R33 has stated his position. It is always was and always will be Someone Else's Fault.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2021 11:34 AM

No PR agent has to worry about what's on Datalounge, because every thread on here about Meghan Markle is full of anonymous posts spouting crazy conspiracy, racism, and bizarre lies. The entire board is a cesspool of bigotry and trolls, anything posted here is automatically suspect simply because it's here on Datalounge. Besides, there's nothing of any consequence about Meghan Markle that has ever been posted here.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2021 11:41 AM

R32 You didn't have to perform the autopsy to know that, you count. It's like demanding to know if you performed an autopsy on JFK to know what killed him.

It was all in the medical report. Her chest was slammed because she wasn't wearing a seat belt, the chest wall slammed into her heart causing the tear and she was bleeding internally. She went into cardiac arrest, they opened her up at the hospital and there it was, and she went into cardiac arrest again on the table and they tried in. Sin to restart her heart.

As for it being MI6 - if they'd choreographed an accident, it wouldn't have been the sorry arse, utterly preventable mess this was, with enough possible variables to sink a battleship.

God, people are gullible.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2021 11:46 AM

Diana was cool. But she was a ho.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2021 11:49 AM

I can't stop farting...

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2021 11:54 AM

Somebody photoshopped a Farrah Fawcett ‘do on Di.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2021 12:06 PM

This is ridiculous.

When Charles has someone killed, it is a farm accident or something in the woods, like falling off a cliff. A car accident is clearly much more the Queen's M.O.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2021 12:31 PM

^^*cunt, not count

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2021 1:05 PM

R40, I am listening to LCC's book on the Narkles and Diana does sound a LOT like what Harry is doing now. She wrote a few books on Diana so there is likely a kernel of truth. I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2021 1:21 PM

In my day they would have locked that one up in a turret.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Social Media Management is a job, look it up. SS was recently hiring, in fact.

All brands from oats to paint to actors and musicians have PR who monitor and attempt to shape their PR, including online. DL is a large and busy gossip site. To suggest that they are not here is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2021 1:34 PM

[quote]You didn't have to perform the autopsy to know that, you count.

Dracula? Orlov? Chocula?

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2021 1:36 PM

How does it pay? Come on, trolls, spill!

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2021 1:36 PM

Sure Jan, people paying tens of millions a year, if not more, on PR, make NO attempt to shape or monitor online discussion. The job has a title, social media management - politicians, actors and Quaker Oats all utilize their services.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2021 1:37 PM

Diana was batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2021 2:17 PM

Rolls eyes at R30.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2021 2:21 PM

She was seriously mentally ill - instability and anger run in the Spencer family, you can see the results in Haz.

Despite having ongoing psychiatric treatment from the honeymoon on, some things can't be fixed. Bashir played on her vulnerabilities and exploited her. Had to suck to be William growing up, a child himself, yet expected to act as a spouse/comforter of nutty mummy and manage the rages of slightly younger Haz.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2021 3:12 PM

B S. The firm has worked decades to disparage Diana. To gaslight her. It started when she was still alive and Charles was pegging the whore Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2021 3:56 PM

Crazy like a fox!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2021 4:05 PM

The truth always lies somewhere in the middle. I think she was surrounded by bad actors that just made drama elevated beyond what it was and she was treated like shit by her husband (cheating). I don't doubt that the BRF could have that kind of power, as all the extremely wealthy do, but I don't buy that they killed her that way. They didn't need to, she was headed there on her own (maybe even suicide down the road.) The way the driver drank and the press chased her, it might've been an accident on a different night.

I do think there needs to be accountability in the media for this and other harrassment of people going through an obvious crisis -- especially when they're exasperating it by making shit up. Back in the day, when press seemed worse than even now, I always thought they wanted a star to commit suicide for the headlines. They used to be way more relentless, especially when it came to those on edge.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2021 4:16 PM

[quote]Klan Granny alert at [R1].

This epithet is never going to catch on. It's only cute to 1 person.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2021 5:14 PM

She was known to call the press herself.

Had she been wearing a seatbelt, she would have lived. The only person in the car, in the most dangerous seat, was and did live.

Diana was bulimic and unstable before her marriage, she pushed her stepmother down the stairs as a teen by her own account. Later, she claimed to have thrown herself down the stairs when pregnant with William. Charles was not a great husband, and the press made a lot of money off her but the was a manipulative nutter before. Just like Haz was off since he was tiny, Diana used to talk to her psychiatrist about his anger, before the split and obv before her death. Anger/rages are known to run in the Spencer family as well. Encouraging the boys to break rules but not get caught was more subtle than her father beating her mother but also very anti-social. Harry got all of that plus his father's self pitying streak. Diana would not have been a well adjusted person had she never met Charles. She courted the press, liking the attention and using it as a weapon exactly as Harry is doing now. Watch what he does, it does not match his claims to want privacy for himself or his kids.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote] but let's face it - she was kind of a nutter.

Can’t imagine why THAT might be.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote] The Narkles

The Meghan-Obsessives make themselves so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2021 5:36 PM

Wait — people seriously think Prince Charles had Diana assassinated?

Even in crazy TV shows and movies, assassins don’t use chauffeurs on suicide missions to engineer car crashes. And as someone else pointed out, if not for that freak internal bleeding, she likely would have survived. And if she’d been wearing a seat belt, ditto.

I

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2021 7:42 PM

[quote]DL is a large and busy gossip site.

Not really. Not so much. Nothing like it used to be. There are times when the paywall is up it is absolutely dead.

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2021 7:57 PM

The Narkles hired a producer who owns the rights to yet another the family killed mummy! film, probably to come from Archewell at some point, R74, so, apparently, yes. I suspect they will play that card soon, likely in connection with the unveiling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2021 8:00 PM

The Wales marriage was over by the time they got back from honeymoon. Diana did a complete volte face once her fairytale dream came true and the reality of being married to a man who wasn't in love with her, expected her to adapt herself to his way of life rather than the other way around, and didn't reaffirm her wonderfulness 24/7 caused a near complete breakdown. By the time they were up at Balmoral after the Britannia stint of the honeymoon, she was screaming at him continually, fumed when he served his grandmother drinks before her, refused to talk to guests at the Queen's dinner table, and had to be sent back to London for counselling.

Charles wasn't treating Diana like shit. She was treating him like shit the moment her teenaged fantasy fell apart, which was within weeks of the wedding.

The charming, sweet, adaptable, game for anything nice English Rose act she'd put on up at Balmoral the year before evaporated.

Charles married a woman he thought would "do" well enough, and Diana married a man she neither understood nor cared to understand, whom she knew wasn't wildly in love with her, and because she wanted to be Princess of Wales.

Her mother was said to have told her to think carefully about whether she was in love with the man or the prince. Diana is said to have replied merrily, Is there a difference?

Yes, dear, there is. Don't say you weren't warned.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2021 8:19 PM

R77 I totally agree, but most people do put on their best and most agreeable face while dating so I can’t fault her for that. I do have sympathy - and even the royal family did - for the transition she went through. She went from a nobody to the most famous woman in the world, age just 20 with her first boyfriend turned husband and pregnant to boot. I was certainly much more dramatic and emotional when I was in earlier relationships, thankfully I grew up and learned to manage my emotions better. Oh, and to pick better partners!

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2021 10:43 PM

[R77] that all sounds very plausible, but none of use really know what went on. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2021 10:52 PM

On one of those documentaries they have her on tape saying that while growing up she aspired to be a Diplomat's Wife. In Charles she got the ultimate diplomatic prize. Unfortunately she was a child of a very nasty divorce, no real education and significant mental health issues. At the age of 20, after living in a complete bubble, she was expected to navigate the "Sloan Raiders" lifestyle. Any marriage was doomed, Charles was certainly not prepared to address her issues, in addition to being no prize himself. The proximate case of her death were injuries sustained in a drunk driving accident while not wearing a seatbelt. --Frau who got up in the middle of the night to watch her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2021 11:42 PM

'It is literally the job of today's PR agents to do that on public discussion forums.'

Imagine being this naive.

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2021 1:00 AM

'Social Media Management is a job, look it up. SS was recently hiring, in fact. All brands from oats to paint to actors and musicians have PR who monitor and attempt to shape their PR, including online. DL is a large and busy gossip site. To suggest that they are not here is ludicrous.'

FUCK OFF, WELP TROLL

You have been spouting this utter rubbish about 'oats and paint' having social media managers on here for years. This is a bottom feeders' website and nobody gives a fuck what is said on it. YOU are the insane conspiracy fucker who believes in LARRY STYLINSON.

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2021 1:03 AM

'She was seriously mentally ill - instability and anger run in the Spencer family, you can see the results in Haz.'

And Charles was the cold-blooded psychopath who thought he could get away with living with his mistress whilst remaining married, as if he was Charles II. He was fucking Camilla right before the wedding, straight after the honeymoon and for all the years before the divorce. William is exactly the same but he has to be much more low key and only spends one afternoon a week with his mistress.

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2021 1:08 AM

I always wonder about people who claim that DL is a dinky little nothing site. Why are they here, and why are they arguing that PR people would never, ever come here? How would they be in a position to know that?

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2021 1:27 AM

R69, exactly! As much as I’ve absolutely delighted in this melodrama, I’m starting to worry this is going to get very dark, very quickly.

Can you imagine the type of pressure they must be under? Two people with an unending hunger for adulation and respect are being exposed...self-exposed via stupid lies and miscalculations.

They are completely alienated from family and close friends and surrounded by 3-rate LA types (having been ditched by A-listers) , who will peddle them to every fast-cash gig they can find.

Honestly, guys, I worry that one or both might break. Harry probably at risk of self harm than Meghan, but they are both spectacularly self-destructive.

by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2021 1:32 AM

No doubt r85. However, all that is self-imposed. They could live a quiet private life if they wanted to, quite easily.

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2021 8:22 AM

Who thinks they’ll stay in Montecito? I sometimes think they’ll get bored and move to LA proper.

by Anonymousreply 87June 24, 2021 9:43 AM

Actually, a great many people knew things were not well with Waless early on, and were later interviewed by people like Sally Bedell-Smith and Tina Brown, with whom they were quite candid.

The two biographies are very different in tone, but remarkably similar in factual retelling of the disaster the Wales marriage was, and how innocent Diana wasn't all that innocent.

Her grandmother, a close friend of the Queen Mother, was against the match, and characterised her granddaughter as "an actress and a schemer", and in his memoirs, then Archbishop of Canterbury Robert Runcie set out his dismay at how terribly and obviousky ill-suited the pair were.

Youth clearly wasn't the issue, because in her thirties, a sophisticated public figure and mother of two growing sons, she never once managed a remotely healthy relationship with a man. That she ended her life at 37 in the arms of trash like Dodi Fayed tells you that Dians had learned nothing about herself.

And in that, her younger son and his wife bear striking resemblance to Diana. History is repeating itself, but not in the way Harry tries to frame it. It's his character that's leading him down the path, not the rest of the world's villainy.

I agree with poster upthread that an undercurrent of something sad, at a minimum, and tragic at a maximum, runs through this otherwise seemingly endless saga of juicy gossip.

by Anonymousreply 88June 24, 2021 11:13 AM

I remember the week she died one of the British papers listing conspiracy theories, including them being driven into the back of a lorry and injected with poison.

R25 I think they were driving for several minutes before the crash. Most likely not wearing a seat belt as she was ducking down to avoid paparazzi

by Anonymousreply 89June 24, 2021 11:52 AM

R88 yes, all true, but I remember what a mess I was in my 20s--crashing in and out of relationships while trying to grow up. For most of us, our 20s are nuts. Imagine, every media lens in the world focused on you while you make mistake after mistake--particularly for someone who has a shaky internal structure.

My guess is if she didn't marry Charles, she would have married some other member of the aristocracy and would have had the type of dull, low-expectation union that her sisters enjoy.

She and Charles were just a complete mismatch. We've all been through this--either in our own relationships or by witnessing friends/family. I don't think either is the villain. It was an arranged marriage that didn't work and ended in tragedy.

I agree that if the accident didn't happen, Diana would continue to ricochet between bad love choices--at least for a while-similar to Fergie. But, ultimately, I hope, she would have calmed down and settled into something saner in middle-age.

It's too bad the relationship with the heart surgeon didn't work out. He seems to be the only decent guy she hooked up with.

by Anonymousreply 90June 24, 2021 1:37 PM

R89 - None of them were wearing seatbelts. And, yes, they'd been driving for several minutes before entering the Alma tunnel. The driver was drunk and way over the speed limit, none were wearing seat belts, and the fact that the bodyguard in the front passenger seat survived was nothing short of miraculous - he was in hospital for 2-3 months, I think.

The idea that MI6 could somehow arrange for no seatbelts to be worn, a drunk driver, and the paps, and no one survive the crash, is so staggeringly absurd it is laughable.

If that's the best MI6 can do, Britain is in far more trouble than we thought.

As it happens, MI6 is one of the most respected special ops/intelligence services in the world.

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2021 1:37 PM

R91 I guess Trevor didn't slam into anything like Diana did. Surprised no one went through the windscreen.

Anyone know what killed that twat Dodi? I've never seen his autopsy (if he had one)

If it hadn't been for him showing off, demanding to go to the Ritz and shouting "Faster!" to the driver, it never would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2021 1:42 PM

R90 - Yes, Hasnat Khan seemed to be the only quality man in the group. But it was Diana who blew that, too, because of her emotional issues. She wanted him to be a celebrity couple with her. He wanted to continue to be a surgeon. She wasn't willing to dial down to a private life with him. She also visited his family unannounced to try to persuade them what a nice girl she was. They didn't take kindly to it at all, or to the idea of their son becoming an appendage to Diana's star.

So she ended up screwing that one up, too. She simply could not shake off her demons, and the primary reason she couldn't was that she wouldn't admit that they WERE her demons and confront them. She did the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

Her son has exactly the same character flaw. He isn't twenty-three, he's nearly 37. He's still being driven by his demons, just the way she was. That's where the tragedy is. She learned nothing from her early mistakes, he learned nothing from his mistakes, he won't even admit he made any mistakes.

He's still lying, getting caught in lies, doubling down on the lies, flailing around, striking out, looking more and more spoilt, entitled, and tone-deaf with every attempted strike.

He's Diana's son, all right, which is too bad. His brother is also Diana's son, but biologically, not characterologically. And that is the really the best card William drew, not being born first.

I'd feel sorry for Harry if he hadn't intentionally tried to inflict pain on people who loved him and tried to help him and, in fact, shielded him from himself across the years. It's an appalling spectacle, it really is.

by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2021 1:46 PM

Harry is obsessed with Diana

by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2021 2:04 PM

The bodyguard WAS wearing a seatbelt and survived the crash, R91. He was sitting in the front passenger seat, usually thought to be the most dangerous seat in a car. The type of injury she had would have been prevented by the use of a seatbelt. The car was moving for several minutes, as it was speeding there was nothing preventing Diana or Dodi from fastening their seatbelt. Some have bizarrely attempted to claim the car did not have them, nope. Sometimes reckless behavior has tragic consequences. It was only 1 reckless choice that summer.

Also tragically, the yacht and the druggy crew that surrounded Dodi were not super child friendly and it is never comfortable to be around a parent and new partner, esp as a kid. 12 year old Harry claims that trip is when he first started drinking alcohol, using it to cope with his feelings.

by Anonymousreply 95June 24, 2021 2:18 PM

Heartily agree, R93. But Diana encouraged the acting out of the boys, only cautioning not to get caught. The way she went after Charles in the media, claiming he should not be king, while claiming to support the monarchy, is very similar to the game Haz is trying to play. The similarities in character are there for sure (plus the Spencer rage, present since he was tiny) but the actions and strategies are quite similar as well. Diana overtly favored William, forcing him at a very young age into a parentified role re: Harry and into a pseudo spouse role re: herself. William was expected to manage their feelings and outbursts beginning when he was a young child himself. Haz got attention for acting out and was capable of malicious behavior from toddlerhood on. Hurting people and animals is not normal. Going after the elderly and frail is also particularly despicable.

by Anonymousreply 96June 24, 2021 2:23 PM

R95 pretty sure no one had a seat belt on. It was reported he was at the time as that explained how he survived but upon investigation, he wasn't

by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2021 2:34 PM

So many posters in this thread seem to think they have some big inside scoop or personal insight into the lives and psyche of the BRF. It's cute.

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2021 3:01 PM

More power to Harry for taking after his beloved mother! The deranged anti Diana loons always come out to attack Diana any chance they get. Get back to eating Camilla's snatch!

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2021 3:08 PM

And it's even more "cute" that people have ready the credible biographies by Bedell and Brown that provide much insight into Diana and her psyche and actions.

You see, R98, many famous people have well researched and thoughtful biographies written about them, and that is how we learn about their lives and psyches. For example, I enjoy reading Winston Churchill biographies. I recently read the Splendid and the Vile, And boy have I learned much about Churchill and his psyche, and it is quite cute I think.

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote] The idea that MI6 could somehow arrange for no seatbelts to be worn, a drunk driver, and the paps, and no one survive the crash, is so staggeringly absurd it is laughable.

This is probably true; however, IF something like this were a premeditated hit, those responsible would ensure details just like these are what gets propagated. Especially for such a high profile family, they would certainly have made sure they would be able to control the narrative before they made the hit.

I don't believe this was a hit, personally; but I also DO believe autopsies and police investigations can be manipulated to support one narrative over another. The more power one has, the more one has the ability to control a narrative.

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2021 3:09 PM

I bet Harry would have her exhumed and stuffed if he could. For his speaking tours

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2021 3:09 PM

Awww, you're cute, r100. I'd head pat you if I could.

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote] Get back to eating Camilla's snatch!

Say what you will about Diana, but Camillia was definitely a downgrade. She's the British equivalent of American trailer trash with money. I've always wondered if they taught her to stop taking a dump at the dinner table before or after she married Chuck.

Chuck should have been institutionalized for expressing his desire to be that whore's Tampax. He's clearly not mentally fit to be King.

by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2021 3:13 PM

I think the structure of the military and the schedule of royal duties helped prop Harry up, despite his mental issues. Now that he has little structure, he is coming undone and "leaking" his private thoughts to the public. In psychobabble, we say that Harry has very poor "boundaries", as did his mother.

by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2021 3:13 PM

Why would anyone take literally that Charles meant to be a tampon? One feels he meant to say he wished to be close to the most intimate area of Camilla's being, as one would feel romantic in the sense that they were denied the occasion to be together because of Diana's immaturity.

by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2021 3:59 PM

The tampon comment gave us such insight into Charles' prurient mind. It is the least romantic thing a man could say to his female lover, as well.

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote] Why would anyone take literally that Charles meant to be a tampon? One feels he meant to say he wished to be close to the most intimate area of Camilla's being, as one would feel romantic in the sense that they were denied the occasion to be together because of Diana's immaturity.

Mmmmhmm. This conversation is the antithesis of romance.

FTR: CHARLES: Oh stop! I want to feel my way along you, all over you and up and down you and in and out . . .

CAMILLA: Oh!

CHARLES: Particularly in and out.

CAMILLA: Oh, that's just what I need at the moment.

CHARLES: Is it?

CHARLES: Oh, God. I’ll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be much easier!

CAMILLA: (laughing) What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? (Both laugh). Oh, you’re going to come back as a pair of knickers.

CHARLES: Or, God forbid, a Tampax. Just my luck! (Laughs)

CAMILLA: You are a complete idiot! (Laughs) Oh, what a wonderful idea

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2021 4:32 PM

R98 That's why it's called gossip, and it's not as if the BRF, Diana, Andrew, Fergie, and the Sussexes haven't served up quite a bit of material to work with. Many of us have read authoritative biographies.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2021 4:33 PM

R104 Camilla was many things, but trailer trash with money is not one of them. Google is your friend. She comes from a good family, her great-grandmother was one of Edward VII's mistresses. She was a society girl and debutante. Tou should look stuff up before you post. You think she canw from a council estate and crashed the Beaufort Hunt after a few riding lessons?

She and Charles had far more in common than Charles and Diana did.

Look the Shands up, then get back to us, Yank.

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2021 4:38 PM

As R108 shows, Charles did not want to be a tampon.

by Anonymousreply 111June 24, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote] he comes from a good family, her great-grandmother was one of Edward VII's mistresses.

Good family? Sounds like she comes from a family of whores! Money and powerful connections do not equate to class, dear.

by Anonymousreply 112June 24, 2021 5:04 PM

R112 You keep trying to justify calling her the equivalent of trailer trash. She isn't, her family isn't, and if it comes to it, they've been circulating amongst the aristocracy far longer than Carole Middleton. Yes, money, connections, good schools, army careers - as for whores, Andrew Parker-Bowles fucked every woman in their social set - including Priincess Anne.

Is he trailer trash, too?

by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote] You keep trying to justify calling her the equivalent of trailer trash. She isn't, her family isn't, and if it comes to it, they've been circulating amongst the aristocracy far longer than Carole Middleton. Yes, money, connections, good schools, army careers - as for whores, Andrew Parker-Bowles fucked every woman in their social set - including Priincess Anne. Is he trailer trash, too?

Sorry to have triggered you with my disdain for Camilla. I think she's dumpy and walks like she has a stick in her arse. She reminds me of rednecks I've known in American Appalachia, only she admittedly wears nicer clothes. I couldn't care less about her pedigree, her upbringing, her influence... I'm sticking to my opinion that to me, she comes off as trash with money. Sorry if that bothers you...

by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2021 5:50 PM

Trashy is as trashy does. Charles seems to like her, and she is part of the family now. Whatever happens in private, I couldn’t say, but she performs her duties and doesn’t cause a ruckus.

by Anonymousreply 115June 24, 2021 6:00 PM

R114 You know what else she comes off as?

The woman who succeeded where Diana failed.

I know, it bites.

Cheers yourself.

by Anonymousreply 116June 24, 2021 8:28 PM

Camilla is a hideous, vile creature, actually a perfect march for Charles. Diana was way too good him. Its actually hysterical when Diana became much more popular than Charles and at public appearances, the crowd wanted to greet Diana, not Charles. He was livid and jealous.

by Anonymousreply 117June 24, 2021 9:06 PM

[quote] You know what else she comes off as? The woman who succeeded where Diana failed. I know, it bites. Cheers yourself.

Your unrelenting adoration for Camilla "Horsey-Face" Parker-Bowles-Windsor is amusing me very much indeed. I don't understand what you see in her, but to each his/her own.

by Anonymousreply 118June 24, 2021 9:30 PM

Here's a thread about the utter lunatic R63 who thinks that social media managers are paid to call Datalounge posters 'Klan Grannies' and told to spend hours typing up positive posts about Meghan. She used to be a fervent believer in the Larry Stylinson conspiracy theory (Larries believe that Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson from One Direction are married) and was banned back in 2017 under the Prancing Pony rule. Unfortunately, she's back again posting her paranoid crap about PR.

This crazed troll believes that all tabloid speculation is 'planted' by PR teams, who are shelling out millions for the speculative articles to be written. She has clearly never worked on a paper or magazine or she'd know that journos are instructed to speculate and make shit up by their editors.

Nope, in this troll's warped world the journos are instructed not by their editors but by randoms who aren't allowed to say they represent M and H (or the papers would refer to them as 'spokespeople', which very rarely happens) but just someone on the phone offering 20k for the journo to write a story about Harry staying at Frogmore, and then another 20k for a story about Harry staying at KP. She actually believes this goes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 25, 2021 1:40 AM

Klan Grannies adore ugly Camilla because they see themselves in her. Not one Klan Granny is under 70. They love elderly hags.

by Anonymousreply 120June 25, 2021 1:42 AM

Correcting factual untruths isn't unrelenting adoration. You're entitled not to like her, you can wallow all you like in unctuous moral horror at adultery in high social circles in Merrie Olde England, you're just not entitled to do the usual American thing of imposing your ignorant faux class snobbery in an arena you clearly know nothing about.

She could have fucked the entire Man U FC. Shes still not trailer trash.

And you're blocked.

by Anonymousreply 121June 25, 2021 10:15 AM

That insane note proves how unhinged Diana was. Does she really think she was to be the victim of an accident? This isn't Mannix. Charles and Camilla both tried to help her and her bitterness over Tiggy - adored by her sons - prove again that she was vindictive, secretive and conniving.

by Anonymousreply 122June 25, 2021 11:15 AM

[QUOTE] And you're blocked.

Who gives a fuck whether or not a putrefying cunt like you blocks them? This isn't Twitter. They will still see ALL your ugly posts.

by Anonymousreply 123June 25, 2021 11:53 AM

R122 ". . . she was vindictive, secretive and conniving."

Sound familiar?

by Anonymousreply 124June 25, 2021 12:39 PM

Here you go, you fucking moron - "trailer trash":

Camilla Rosemary Shand grew up in The Laines—an 18th-century country house in Plumpton, East Susse and a three-storey house in South Kensington, her family's second home. Her parents were British Army officer turned businessman Major Bruce Shand and his wife Rosalind, the daughter of Roland Cubitt, 3rd Baron Ashcombe. . . .Her maternal great-grandmother, Alice Keppel, was a mistress of King Edward VII from 1898 to 1910.. . . .

During her childhood, Camilla became an avid reader through the influence of her father, who read to her frequently. She grew up with dogs and cats, and, at a young age, learnt how to ride a pony by joining Pony Club camps, going on to win rosettes at community gymkhanas. According to her, childhood "was perfect in every way". Biographer Gyles Brandreth describes her background and childhood:

"Camilla is often described as having had an "Enid Blyton sort of childhood". In fact, it was much grander than that. Camilla, as a little girl, may have had some personality traits of George, the tomboy girl among the Famous Five, but Enid Blyton's children were essentially middle-class children and the Shands, without question, belonged to the upper class. The Shands had position and they had help—help in the house, help in the garden, help with children. They were gentry. They opened their garden for the local Conservative Party Association summer fête. Enough said. — Gyles Brandreth'

. . . . Aged 16, she travelled to attend the Mon Fertile finishing school in Tolochenaz, Switzerland. After completing her course in Switzerland, she made her own decision and travelled to France to study French and French literature at the University of London Institute in Paris for six months."

What were you saying about "trailer trash"?

by Anonymousreply 125June 25, 2021 12:45 PM

R122, I am sure that part of Tiggy's appeal was her stability and love of them, not merely using them for narc supply as unstable parents do.

Diana really was batshit and getting crazier in peri-menopause. Bashir did her no favors but she was a complete nutter before then. Harry and Meghan are not only like her, cosplaying her for dosh is likely not going to help re: stability or grounding in reality. Nature + nurture, God help their own kids. Did Diana tell Harry tales and tell him to "get out" or to avenge her? Remember, she took the boys on druggie Dodi's yacht and exposed them to that sleazy crew and media attention, 12 year old Haz was stressed and has said that is when he began drinking to cope.

by Anonymousreply 126June 25, 2021 2:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 25, 2021 2:24 PM

Camilla had that hot brother - Mark - who canoodled with Caroline Kennedy at one time.

by Anonymousreply 128June 25, 2021 2:24 PM

LOL r122, oh yes, Camilla tried to help Diana, sure. Camilla is a vile creature. Camilla lovers identify with her because they too are hideous and nobody gives a shit about them. The very opposite of Diana!

by Anonymousreply 129June 25, 2021 2:33 PM

Didn't Mark Shand die after drinking and falling outside a restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 130June 25, 2021 2:44 PM

Shand was married to sometime actress French hottie and heiress Clio Goldsmith, Jimmy's niece.

Diana was a borderline who believed whatever psychics, fortune tellers and astrologers told her. Peculiar that with all that money invested in predicting her future, nobody ever told her 'girl, put your seatbelt on'.

by Anonymousreply 131June 25, 2021 2:57 PM

Good lord some of you are nuts. Diana died because her driver had been drinking and was speeding. Marilyn Monroe died from an accidental overdose. JFK Jr. was an inexperienced pilot who chose a bad time to fly.

Occam's Razor.

by Anonymousreply 132June 25, 2021 3:53 PM

R114 all the European royals and aristocracy act like trash and always have.

by Anonymousreply 133June 25, 2021 4:06 PM

I like Camilla, she seems good-natured. I liked Diana, too. Diana’s sons seem to have moved on; maybe we should too.

by Anonymousreply 134June 25, 2021 4:58 PM

Fun fact: Diana wasn't wearing a bra when they crashed. Her boobs hadn't lost their perkiness, unlike Camilla's.

by Anonymousreply 135June 25, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote] Good riddance to her.

Hear hear!

by Anonymousreply 136June 25, 2021 5:11 PM

In what way has Harry moved on, R134?

by Anonymousreply 137June 25, 2021 5:53 PM

Diana was actually killed by the idiot junior French doctor who arrived first on the scene and then prevented the ambulance from taking her to the hospital so he could "stabilize her". He let her bleed to death so he could get his 15 minutes. The ambulance arrived at a hospital which was nowhere near the scene of the accident 2 hours after the crash. The guy should have been charged with manslaughter but the French loathing of all things British entered into the equation and the judiciary saved his ass.

by Anonymousreply 138June 25, 2021 6:21 PM

R138 I read its common practice in France to stabilise at the scene but yeah, in England they would have rushed her to hospital and caught the bleeding sooner

by Anonymousreply 139June 25, 2021 6:27 PM

R137 Diana was 37 when she died. Camilla is 74.

Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 140June 25, 2021 7:27 PM

Harry has not moved on; rather he has moved it on over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 25, 2021 7:32 PM

R139 it WAS... I was living in France when Di got killed. It sparked off the most furious debate between the Brits who outright accused the French emergency services of being incompetent, and the combative chauvinistic French ("il n'y en a point comme nous!"). Quietly not long after the accident, this bullshit policy of the Secu about stabilizing accident victims in the ambulance was changed to take them to the ER immediately.

by Anonymousreply 142June 25, 2021 7:53 PM

'Diana really was batshit and getting crazier in peri-menopause.'

Perimenopause is 45-50, you dumb whore, not mid 30s.

by Anonymousreply 143June 25, 2021 8:42 PM

r138 she had to be stabilized at the scene because when they moved her body onto the gurney her heart stopped and they had to get it going again. They then drove the ambulance slowly because they feared, probably correctly, that any jostle would end her life.

by Anonymousreply 144June 25, 2021 9:03 PM

R144 well it did, didn't it.

by Anonymousreply 145June 25, 2021 9:16 PM

It didn't - she arrived at the hospital alive just after 2 am and was pronounced dead at 4 am.

by Anonymousreply 146June 25, 2021 9:33 PM

Nobody wants to think that pretty people are unstable. It’s always something else.

by Anonymousreply 147June 25, 2021 9:41 PM

It's what happens when all your ancestors are cousins.

by Anonymousreply 148June 25, 2021 9:55 PM

Diana was the most beloved human being to ever walk on the face of this earth and will still be remembered 100 or 1000 years from now! Camilla is a vile, hideous monstrosity and will be but a footnote.

by Anonymousreply 149June 25, 2021 10:55 PM

When Cams pases this earth there is one thing her death will never inspire. The DL classic Diana Scream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 26, 2021 12:58 AM

If they die in the plane crash that Lady C claims Meghan was overheard hoping for, r150, I bet they will get that scream.

by Anonymousreply 151June 26, 2021 1:02 AM

LOL, r150. You get double points for that, even though I like Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 152June 26, 2021 1:08 AM

R151- They truly have no clue about karma, dou they. 😂

by Anonymousreply 153June 26, 2021 1:09 AM

I actually feel sorry for Camilla. She probably is bored stiff by Charles but is stuck with him. Her ex-husband seemed to be a lot more fun and much better looking.

by Anonymousreply 154June 26, 2021 1:16 AM

[quote]In what way has Harry moved on, [R134]?

He doesn't seem to bear Camilla a grudge about his parents' marriage.

by Anonymousreply 155June 26, 2021 1:18 AM

Yet he was said to introduce himself to people backstage at the Vax Concert as "Harry, Diana's son" so not too much moving on perhaps.

Camilla is said to get on well with WIlliam and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 156June 26, 2021 1:48 AM

R140 Diana was 36. Both her children are now older than she was when she died

by Anonymousreply 157June 26, 2021 5:08 AM

Diana and Charles were locked in a ghastly death grip as she tried to force him to feed her bottomless pit of emotional need while he tried to defend his emotional boundaries.

Camilla on the other hand was able to tend to his emotional needs because she wasn't needy herself. She nurtured and supported him.

Diana just kept trying to conquer him.

Camilla has, in fact, has handled herself with dignity and lack of fuss and drama given the context of Diana's canonisation through death and the hysterical hate Camilla endured. Even the Queenbecamw fond of her.

Because the bottom line is, Camilla made Charles happy, whilst Diana made him miserable.

by Anonymousreply 158June 26, 2021 10:15 AM

R158, your first paragraph is a perfect description of what it’s like. I salute you.

by Anonymousreply 159June 26, 2021 1:18 PM

Yes, but don't leave out that Charles was in love with someone else, and carried out a grand cosplay of being in love with Diana. That would hurt most people, not just an emotionally needy one.

by Anonymousreply 160June 26, 2021 1:36 PM

R154 - I don't think she's bored by Charles at all. They appear to be soul mates. Her first husband was a randy, self-absorbed shit who went on fucking whatever moved in their circle after their marriage and subjected her to constant and glaringly obvious infidelities. He did everyone - EVERYONE, including Princess Anne who had a short but torrid fling with him before she married Mark Phillips.

I think she was genuinely infatuated with Parker-Bowles when they married (he was alleged to be hot in the sack, just not so hot out of it) but that wore off quickly as he went happily on indulging his appetites whilst she kept the home fires burning and had the children.

People talk a great deal about what happened in the Wales marriage and why Charles fled back to Camilla's arms, but they talk not at all about what happened in Camilla's marriage, which was ALSO all but over at the same time.

But after Harry's birth, when both marriages were in full collapse, it was still unthinkable that the Wales would divorce, and everyone, including Charles and Camilla, probably figured that this would be one of those lifelong relationships that continued behind the scenes whilst Diana and Charles moseyed on toward the throne. She appeared quite content with this arrangement. She certainly wasn't hurting for money and independence.

Then came the shock of the Wales' formal separation, the Morton book, the Panorama interview, the Queen's order to divorce, and suddenly . . . things began to look possible that never seemed possible earlier.

And then: Diana died, at one and the same time solving one problem for Charles (remarrying as a divorced man), but leaving him with another: the terrible PR situation for Camilla, especially.

The fact that they got through that, that they waited and waited all those years, while Camilla stuck by him despite a level of public hate that beggars anything Meghan Markle experienced, says something about the relationship.

She's done amazingly well, considering what she was up against, and is alleged to be warm, approachable, earthy, and funny.

She has one quality that Diana lacked: the ability to take her role seriously, but not herself.

She's a survivor of the sort neither Diana nor Meghan understand.

by Anonymousreply 161June 26, 2021 2:12 PM

[quote]Yet he was said to introduce himself to people backstage at the Vax Concert as "Harry, Diana's son"

Because Meghan, trapped in the '90s, is obsessed with aligning herself with Diana.

by Anonymousreply 162June 26, 2021 4:09 PM

He does it too, R162, she was not present at the Vax taping, those were HIS words.

by Anonymousreply 163June 26, 2021 4:22 PM

That's because the only two things interesting about Ginger balls are his Granny and Mum

by Anonymousreply 164June 26, 2021 4:36 PM

There are couples in arrranged marriages who eventually love each other but Charles and Diana were both too needy to develop a deeper relationship. Di's love life after the separation was a disaster: stalking Oliver Hoare and Will Carling, the surgeon she drove nuts and then pathetic C list playboy Dodi.

I hated Camilla but it's true she stuck in there despite a level of abuse Meghan can only pretend to claim she got.

by Anonymousreply 165June 26, 2021 4:42 PM

[quote]He does it too, [R162], she was not present at the Vax taping, those were HIS words.

I'm sure she's given him a script.

by Anonymousreply 166June 26, 2021 6:57 PM

From R125:

“ She grew up with dogs and cats, and, at a young age, learnt how to ride a pony by joining Pony Club camps, going on to win rosettes at community gymkhanas. ”

That’s all that this is, Bitches… a dog and pony show for the geriatrics to newborn royals alike.

What a tedious and uninspiring life the BRF must live. And I say that as someone who is well aware of her own current life also being as dull as “watching dry”, too.

Some of the MOST childish and immature shit I’ve ever read in my life can be found within any thread regarding this family.

Pro or contra.

Makes zero difference.

by Anonymousreply 167June 26, 2021 7:09 PM

Diana did not feel loved by Charles…simple…that’s why she did the things she did…..to confirm his love for her…..When it was obvious she wasn’t going to get the bended knee routine from Charles…..she got increasingly vindictive…..some women don’t get mad………they get even…………….especially women who feel like they have been used and cheated.

by Anonymousreply 168June 26, 2021 7:13 PM

Did Diana ever experience an ORGASM?!

by Anonymousreply 169June 26, 2021 7:26 PM

Diana was a borderline, folks. Borderlines can calm down after menopause but they're hell till then.

by Anonymousreply 170June 26, 2021 7:34 PM

Queen's going out of her way to make nice to Harry. She drove over to Frogmore today to visit, and she already invited him to the Plat Jub.

by Anonymousreply 171June 26, 2021 9:26 PM

She did neither, r171. She walks her dogs in Frogmore House gardens every day and she always drives herself there.

Why would the most important 95 year old in the entire world risk her health and therefore her life in order to visit with her scumtastic grandson who branded her a racist and a bad mother, and who just hijacked her very private pet name right after the only man she allowed to use it just died?

I'll be surprised if the Queen makes any time for him at all this trip.

by Anonymousreply 172June 26, 2021 9:54 PM

Also, r171, for her to visit Harry or for Harry to visit her while he is in quarantine would be illegal. I very much doubt she would break the law for, of all people, slimy Harry.

by Anonymousreply 173June 26, 2021 9:55 PM

The family (and staff) will make sure Harry doesn’t get a chance to see the Queen alone. Not only do they not trust him to report accurately on their conversation, he probably drives her crazy with his manipulation and demands.

by Anonymousreply 174June 26, 2021 11:04 PM

Supposedly Harry isn't at Frogmore at all. That was a red herring media-crazed Harry put out. He's staying at Kensington Palace.

by Anonymousreply 175June 27, 2021 12:01 AM

Actually..I think Harry has some pent up rage in regards to the way the royal family treated his mother…..he has an axe to grind…Meghan is just facilitating it….probably been percolating for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 176June 27, 2021 12:48 AM

Got to say I feel sorry for Camilla. At an age when all her rich friends are retired and spending winters in the Maldives or Dubai, she's still out there cutting ribbons and listening to Charles make his tedious speeches, and she will be until one of them dies. This is the fate Meghan and Harry wished to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 177June 27, 2021 12:59 AM

[Quote] Diana did not feel loved by Charles…simple…that’s why she did the things she did…..to confirm his love for her…..

Throwing yourself down the stairs while pregnant isnt the way to go about that. Maybe she could have tried a blow job or rim job instead??

[Quote] When it was obvious she wasn’t going to get the bended knee routine from Charles…..she got increasingly vindictive…..some women don’t get mad………they get even…………….especially women who feel like they have been used and cheated.

She is still an idiot. Staying married to Charles and not allowing him to marry his mistress, while you sit on the throne as Queen would have been the perfect revenge.

by Anonymousreply 178June 27, 2021 1:00 AM

Has anyone mentioned that Diana called her step-mother "Acid Raine" yet?

by Anonymousreply 179June 27, 2021 1:05 AM

Diana was estranged from her sisters and brother when she died. She wanted her brother to give her a wing at Althorp House and he said no. He was broke.

by Anonymousreply 180June 27, 2021 3:09 AM

R180, he had leased Althorp House to someone because he was short on funds and therefore couldn’t kick the new renter out. He did offer her some other property, though.

by Anonymousreply 181June 27, 2021 3:15 AM

After her father died, didn't Diana push Acid Raine down the stairs at Althorp?

by Anonymousreply 182June 27, 2021 3:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 27, 2021 3:39 AM

She didn't push Raine down the stairs after her father died. It was long before she even married Charles. I read in Tina Brown's The Diana Chronicles that she had managed some sort of rapprochement with Raine before her death and they were on speaking terms.

Also in this bio, Brown said that her brother turned her request for summer lodging down because he did not want the press setting up camp around Althorp. Part of the reason for spending time in the Mediterranean with Dodi is that she had nowhere to spend summer outside of London because she didn't receive invitations. Diana had previously spent a lot of time at Anabel Goldsmith's country retreat when the marriage was at its end. (She was married to Sir Jimmy Goldsmith and is Jemima Kahn's mother. Jemima was a close friend, too)

by Anonymousreply 184June 27, 2021 3:56 AM

R177– Yes, I’m sure Camilla hates living in palaces, getting bowed and curtsied to and wearing family heirloom jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 185June 27, 2021 4:08 AM

Camilla hates London, so I doubt she likes it very much at Clarence House, and until they were married she insisted on living in her own very large, very comfortable, and very private farmhouse near Highgrove House. She never cared about how she dressed or how she looked, only that she was comfortable and able to do her riding and tend to her horses and dogs. She still wears jeans at 70 and is photographed with Charles in them although he long ago professed a hatred for jeans.

She doesn't sound to me at all like someone who was marrying to live in palaces, to be bowed to, or to wear jewelry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 27, 2021 6:25 AM

She didn't only wear jeans for her 15th anniversary photo, she wore them for this year's Christmas photo too. He looks happy as a clam, despite the fact that she not only wears his least favourite item of clothing, but wears them for official pictures with him.

She's only ever out of jeans when she attends events where she is greeting the public or dignitaries. She's hardly someone who relishes the trappings of monarchy on a day to day basis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 27, 2021 6:31 AM

I think Camilla still has her own house. She spends time there with her grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 188June 27, 2021 7:39 AM

[quote] Got to say I feel sorry for Camilla. At an age when all her rich friends are retired and spending winters in the Maldives or Dubai, she's still out there cutting ribbons and listening to Charles make his tedious speeches, and she will be until one of them dies. This is the fate Meghan and Harry wished to avoid.

Camilla? Rotting away in the sinking Maldives, where the Islamists are taking over, or in soullessly urban Dubai, a place with no countryside and where people get thrown in jail for kissing on a beach?

She likes the British people, so cutting ribbons to help them celebrate the opening of their gardens or hospitals is not a burden to her, and she loves Charles, so listening to his speeches is not a problem for her.

She may not love being a Royal, but she is not a grasping, disloyal liar like Harry and Meghan, so now that she's in it she'll do as best she can.

Oh, and by the way, Camilla will be Queen of England. THIS is the fate that Meghan MOST wishes was her own fate when she married up into the BRF. Meghan wants it so badly that she's trying to destroy the family because she can't have it. Meanwhile, cool Camilla could take it or leave it.

I know which of the two I prefer.

by Anonymousreply 189June 27, 2021 7:40 AM

She and Charles lead separate lives but are still quite fond of and devoted to each other. They will never, ever divorce and she will be Queen Consort, not Princess. Even HM has come to like her very, very much. She was always so much suited to the Consort role, so much more so than that addled little Spencer girl.

by Anonymousreply 190June 27, 2021 7:45 AM

Here is where Camilla lived between 1973 and her marriage to Charles.

Not exactly slumming it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 27, 2021 8:23 AM

And here is where she grew up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 27, 2021 8:28 AM

Charles and Camilla are scum, he used Diana and his affair with the rottweiler caused her a lot of unhappiness. R165 Diana never stalked Will Carling, if anything she stopped taking his calls to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 193June 27, 2021 8:34 AM

R180 she didn't want a wing, she wanted to summer there in the guest lodge as she would be alone. Her cunt brother said no as he didn't want the press descending on his home.

by Anonymousreply 194June 27, 2021 9:42 AM

Diana used him, r193. She had grown up on Barbara Cartland novels and was even reading them as late as her nanny job at the time she met Charles, according to her employer.

She told her family she was "meant for great things" and was going to marry a prince or a duke.

Her tragedy is that, like Harry, she never grew enough to realize that real life intrudes.

Her grandmother Lady Fermoy AND her own mother both warned her off the marriage because she was too idealistic and it was WELL KNOWN at the time of the marriage that Charles was already in love with his mistress, but she, like Meghan, ONLY wanted THAT WEDDING.

And...she got it.

by Anonymousreply 195June 27, 2021 9:53 AM

Do we know if Diana ghosted people or Markled them? Was she vindictive in the extreme? Was she nasty to staff?

I can see some of the similarities, but I have a better opinion of Diana than Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 196June 27, 2021 4:04 PM

R196 - she did. Diana had falling outs with her family and many friends. Anybody who tells a borderline something she doesn't want to hear turns into the devil. She had borderline personality disorder - I suspect Meghan does too - and one of the traits is an inability to maintain relationships. Borderlines either love you to bits or hate your guts-sometimes from one day to the next. Angelina Jolie is also a borderline.

by Anonymousreply 197June 27, 2021 4:09 PM

R196, Diana did cut people off, but she seems to have been more volatile than vindictive. She hated her stepmother, who she called "Acid Raine," until she didn't; by the time of Diana's death, the two were close friends. At least one of her friends thought that she had taken up with Dodi to make the real object of her affections, Hasnet Khan, jealous, so she might have made up with him if he had pursued her. In fact, after publicly turning on Charles she still occasionally spoke of reuniting with *him*.

by Anonymousreply 198June 27, 2021 4:36 PM

oh do shut up, Harry, I mean 4193. Diana was batshit crazy. Leave Charles to his earned happiness.

by Anonymousreply 199June 27, 2021 4:58 PM

^R193

by Anonymousreply 200June 27, 2021 4:59 PM

R185 - Camilla not only isn't taken in by all the tinsel, she made sure she had a bolt-hole of her own to get away from it. Like Charles, and like the Queen, she's most comfortable in the country, which is where she group. It's why she got on with Charles so well from the start.

Diana was an urban Sloane Ranger who preferred the boutiques of Bond Street and Beauchamp Place, the trendy lunch spots, the discos . . . she hated horses, she was bored in the country - they were so fucking mismatched even the Archbishop of Canterbury noticed it when they went in for their obligatory pre-Cana sessions with him. He mentioned it in his memoirs.

The fact that no one, especially his bloody Mum, sat down with Charles and pointed out her stunning lack of intellectualism, dislike of the country, dislike of riding, and inexperience, is ample evidence of why the BRF is still wrestling with marital horror blowing back on them. If his own mother wasn't willing to point out the vast gulf between the two, what hope was there of anyone else doing it?

It's a "thing" with the BRF in the upper circles. The only one who tried to break the mold was William, and what he got for it was his brother's eternal enmity.

Perhaps if it had come from the Queen instead of Big Bro, Harry might have listened more respectfully. He might still have respectfully told her to go fuck herself, but then she'd have had better reasons to restrain the two of them right off.

Their incredible inability to grapple with unpleasant truths before they turn into even more unpleasant outcomes is the hallmark of the Windsors.

That's where the real "genetic pain" is.

HM: It has come to Our attention that Meghan is really unsuited to the constraints of royal life. For one thing, her attitude toward the help is dismaying. Are you sure you wouldn't rather head off to America where the two of you can lead normal lives?

PH: No! Anyway, Meghan isn't here to coddle the help. We want to support the monarchy and Meghan is ready to hit the ground running!

by Anonymousreply 201June 27, 2021 5:33 PM

^*where she grew up (not group)

by Anonymousreply 202June 27, 2021 5:33 PM

R189 - You forgot to remind him that part of her "cutting ribbons" stuff is championing the plight of women suffering domestic abuse and violence.

While the Suffering Sussexes were here for their last events before taking off, Camilla had a big speech scheduled on this topic. Meghan had been asked, and agreed, to withhold release of some photos of her at some school in London. Guess what happened? The photos were released at the same time as Camilla's speech, yet again trampling over another family member's news cycle, and telling the family Fuck You in no uncertain terms.

Then she cried about how the Palace was "smearing" her.

Nobody does as good a job of smearing Meghan as Meghan herself. She just can't hide those claws.

by Anonymousreply 203June 27, 2021 5:39 PM

R196 as others have said, Diana did drop people if they did something to (in her mind) piss her off. She was never doing it as a power trip, more out of paranoia or a perceived slight. Mood swings.

Former staff and visitors have stated how well she treated staff and even apologised to them after that turd Dodi treated them like shit. She was horrified at treating people with disrespect.

by Anonymousreply 204June 27, 2021 5:49 PM

R201 I honestly was surprised the Queen gave her approval for Harry's marriage: an older, divorced American and an actress to boot? Wallis Markle. Either Harry was so hopeless they were desperate for him to find anyone to marry him and keep him in line or the Royal family was not only not racist, but very keen to have a biracial in-law.

You can bet if Markle had been 100% white, the Queen would never have agreed. So the racist claims are such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 205June 27, 2021 6:32 PM

R205 Realistically, what could the Queen do? Much has been made about asking and receiving permission to marry, but that’s mainly a quaint formality. The heart wants what it wants and Harry really wanted to marry Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 206June 27, 2021 7:12 PM

I thought Charles and Camilla's phone banter was charming. It was naughty, silly and playful, the kind of dumb pillow talk lovers do. And that line of Camilla's about loving Charles: "Oh darling, easier than falling off a chair." Come on, that's romantic! Sucked for poor Diana that she had to hear it.

As for Diana being a staunch monarchist – yeah, right. What kind of monarchist questions the fitness of the heir the way she did, in front of the whole world? She was great in many ways, but if she were around she'd still be stirring the shit. Maybe she'd be an MP.

by Anonymousreply 207June 27, 2021 7:37 PM

R207 Harry would definitely never have married Meghan. Diana would have spotted a golddigger like her a mile off.

by Anonymousreply 208June 27, 2021 7:51 PM

R208 Oh, those two divas would have butted heads for sure.

by Anonymousreply 209June 27, 2021 8:07 PM

Yet she is SUCH a FEMINIST, R203! Supporting other women, like Camilla, and causes that impact women, like DV! Not.

by Anonymousreply 210June 27, 2021 8:46 PM

I doubt anyone marries in to wear that ugly jewellery. Only Klan Grannies think it's beautiful and desirable.

by Anonymousreply 211June 28, 2021 1:05 AM

'Rotting away in the sinking Maldives'

It's pretty clear you've never left Texas. I've been to the Maldives five times and it's the most beautiful place on the planet. You've never left the US so stinking polluted Kensington is the peak of your ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 212June 28, 2021 1:12 AM

Kate stans I could understand but you crones stan Camilla too! You really are all 80 years old.

by Anonymousreply 213June 28, 2021 1:14 AM

R211– Thats why your beloved Meghan keeps wearing those earrings from the Saudi murderer

by Anonymousreply 214June 28, 2021 1:22 AM

Camilla seems to love Charles the man instead of Charles the Prince. Think about it. She was in a love affair with one of the richest, most famous men in the world. She was content to stay in the shadows and have sex with Charles in the bushes while another woman had the glory of traveling to exotic places with him, wearing the expensive clothing and jewels, and basking in celebrity.

Ultimately, it was the Queen who fucked it up for Charles. It's too bad she didn't notice how he reacted to Camilla and encouraged him to follow his heart. (She should have learned after watching how Margaret's life panned out after she was pressured to give up her lover.)

by Anonymousreply 215June 28, 2021 1:23 AM

The Saudi earrings were new. She's not wearing any of the fug Victorian shit.

by Anonymousreply 216June 28, 2021 1:23 AM

The whole BRF is up the Saudi and other rich Arabs' asses. Pedo Prince has gotten money from the them, and the Queen, well she is besties with so many of them, because, you know, horsies.

Who cares if they order women and gays killed...because, horsies.

So shut the fuck up about some pair of earrings. All these bastards kowtow before their wealthier Arab overlords.

by Anonymousreply 217June 28, 2021 1:39 AM

R217 you really, really need to get out of Mobile, Alabama occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 218June 28, 2021 1:41 AM

R218. Oh I do. Staying in Camden presently. Love the shopping here. How about you?

by Anonymousreply 219June 28, 2021 1:56 AM

R217 - You mean like the Biden administration admitting up front that it would take no action against the Saudis when the truth came out about the horrific murder of Jamal Khashoggi because America's geopolitical interests were just too tied up with the Saudis, a major ally in the Middle East against Iran?

That kind of up their arses?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 28, 2021 1:28 PM

The only people who were allowed to fly in the US in the days following 9/11: Saudis.

by Anonymousreply 221June 28, 2021 3:39 PM

R221 - More to the point, the Saudis attached to the Carlyle Group. In fairness, the Saudi royal family and government kicked bin Laden out, if I remember, which is how he got to Afghanistan. He was the scion of a very rich Saudi family, who disowned him.

Well, you know how it goes in those circles, political as well as royal: needs must.

That's part of the Head of State's job, in Britain's case, the Queen's: to welcome people she may privately loathe but must because the Foreign Office have informed her that it aligns with the country's geopolitical interests.

Hence, the government's canny appreciation of the usefulness of the monarchy. All those distasteful guests are much happier being received by HM on the steps of BP than by some Now You See Him Now You Don't Head of State in a suit.

Those guests love the pomp, history, cachet, etc.

It's one reason the Windsors have survived. Really, can anyone recall without first looking it up (no cheating, children!) who the Heads of State (often called the President as opposed to PM) of France, Germany, Austria, etc. are?

But everyone bloody well knows who Britain's HoS is.

by Anonymousreply 222June 28, 2021 4:23 PM

All you have to say to Brits to maintain the monarchy is President Boris Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 223June 28, 2021 4:52 PM

R223 - LOL. Or President Corbyn. Or President Starmer. Or President Osborne. Or President May. Hmmm, President Brown. President Major. Dear God, this is depressing.

Or . . . gulp . . . President Blair.

by Anonymousreply 224June 28, 2021 6:59 PM

Interestingly, baby killer Chris Watts wrote a note before the murders, saying “if anything happens to me, I would never hurt my wife and kids”.

Crazy people write shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 225June 28, 2021 7:06 PM

Or in the case of Megs, they write journals and emails to HR, trying to discredit the HR staff as the bullying allegations came out. That effort and revenge seemed to be the motives for O1.

by Anonymousreply 226June 28, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote] The only people who were allowed to fly in the US in the days following 9/11: Saudis.

That is further misinformation manufactured by Michael Moore.

They flew out of the country when airline service resumed, authorized to do so by a mid level Bush hating official named Richard Clarke. Clarke used to be quite popular on this site for his media criticism of GWB but flatly stated in his books he was the one who authorized their flights.

We found no evidence that any flights of Saudi nationals, domestic or international, took place before the reopening of national airspace on the morning of September 13, 2001.24 To the contrary, every flight we have identified occurred after national airspace reopened.25 Second, we found no evidence of political intervention.We found no evidence that anyone at the White House above the level of Richard Clarke participated in a decision on the departure of Saudi nationals. The issue came up in one of the many video teleconferences of the interagency group Clarke chaired, and Clarke said he approved of how the FBI was dealing with the matter when it came up for interagency discussion at his level. Clarke told us,“I asked the FBI, Dale Watson . . . to handle that, to check to see if that was all right with them, to see if they wanted access to any of these people, and to get back to me. And if they had no objections, it would be fine with me.” Clarke added,“I have no recollection of clearing it with anybody at the White House.”

The FBI interviewed all persons of interest on these flights prior to their departures.They concluded that none of the passengers was connected to the 9/11 attacks and have since found no evidence to change that conclusion. Our own independent review of the Saudi nationals involved confirms that no one with known links to terrorism departed on these flights.31

by Anonymousreply 227June 28, 2021 8:34 PM

Think you mean GUILTY people, R225.

by Anonymousreply 228June 28, 2021 8:42 PM

Or manipulative people...

by Anonymousreply 229June 28, 2021 10:04 PM

Charles took 1 million donation from the family of Osama Bin Laden.

by Anonymousreply 230July 31, 2022 6:13 AM

I don't know why our trolls bump these threads. All you're doing is showing everyone on here how many previous posts were written by trolls. Just look at all the trolling the redtags were doing.

by Anonymousreply 231July 31, 2022 6:50 AM

Bashir made her even more paranoid. The accident wasn't caused by brake failure but by reckless speeding and the head injury by not wearing a seatbelt.

by Anonymousreply 232July 31, 2022 8:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!