Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trashy and homophobic areas of the Northeast

I have heard a lot of Staten Island and Long Island were like this.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 6:59 PM

There is homophobia everywhere. Everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2021 11:48 PM

Northeast Philly

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2021 11:54 PM

New Hampshire

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2021 12:04 AM

Any rural area.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2021 1:42 AM

I heard central Massachusetts was rather bleak.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2021 6:43 AM

Places where I've experienced homophobic behavior in my almost 40 years living in NYC area-Seaside Heights, NJ and Rehoboth Beach, DL.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2021 10:26 AM

Manhattan

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2021 10:28 AM

Pennsylvania is Alabama in between Philly & Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2021 11:42 AM

Speaking of which, r8, I went to the store owned by a local farm 27 miles outside of Pittsburgh on Saturday, because their strawberries are so good. They also make pies, and I bought a raspberry pie. I asked if they ever make quiche, and I got the dirtiest look from the bakery person. She might as well have said outright, "Guess you're not a real man."

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2021 1:01 PM

Anybody live in or visited Connecticut? What’s it like?

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2021 3:55 PM

Easttown

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2021 3:57 PM

R8, I was in Zelienople for a funeral. I go to Pittsburgh about once a decade for funerals/weddings since the 70's. I got a completely different vibe since the last time, during Obama. Very divided, people sizing each other up. We took the kids to the zoo and I thought it must have been "dress like you're washing your car day" AND "ugly tattoo day". It was so white that I noticed every single minority along with every hot guy. There were only about 10 hot guys, only 2 of whom didn't look like they would kill you if you made a pass. "Hey, nice NRA shirt, can I see your gun". Everyone was gross. For the first time in my life I KISSED the "Welcome to NY" sign when I got back to JFK last night.

After the funeral I took the kids for candy to a wonderful store and bought them Zotz, which were a big hit, 10 cents each.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2021 4:17 PM

R8 Oh there's plenty of trashy and homophobic to be found within the Pittsburgh city limits as well, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2021 4:20 PM

Central Massachusetts is full of colleges and universities, which will tend to be much more progressive. Towns like Amherst and Northampton would vote heavily in favor of Democrats.

Rachel Maddow lives around there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2021 4:26 PM

To whomever asked about Connecticut. The trashy areas are in the Housatonic Valley from Waterbury down to Milford. There is a town just east of Waterbury, Wolcott which used to be a big KKK territory. There’s even a road named “Klan Drive” in Wolcott.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote]Any rural area.

And any urban area with a lot of immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2021 9:01 PM

How about Upstate New York?

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 6:19 PM

So New England

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 6:25 PM

New Hampshire isn't that bad. It's really the outer suburbs of Boston. Most people live in the the bottom third of the state and commute to Massachusetts to work. The state is more and more aligned with the rest of New England with regard to progressive legislation like same-sex marriage and LGBT rights in general.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 6:28 PM

Camden, Newark, Baltimore.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2021 6:35 PM

What does Quiche have to do with SUCKING COCK?

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2021 6:54 PM

How do I know this shit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 6:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!