Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Daytime Emmy PR rep dies

According to Judith Chapman's FB page, Geoffrey Martin Cyr died in the recent heat wave that hit Palm Springs.

WOW - I wonder what happened, it would be hard to get that kind of heat exposure and not survive it unless his power went out or something.

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2021 11:47 PM

A fiftysomething died in a heatwave?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2021 5:17 PM

It’s with a very heavy heart that I rely my sadness for the loss of my good friend, Geoffrey-Martin Cyr. I can barely believe it’s possible but he passed away early last evening from heat stroke.

He had been laying in the sun Friday afternoon & perhaps was dehydrated prior to laying out and didn’t hydrate while in the sun. He collapsed 5 hours later while walking over to meet me at Hunters. He had moved back to the west coast a few weeks ago and was looking to jump back into the market & restart his career.

He came up this weekend to help me celebrate my birthday. We were to have brunch at Zin this morning followed by dancing at Oscars.

I am so heavy-hearted, sad & devastated by his loss that I am staying home.

Please, please, please be careful in the sun. Drink tons of water & avoid strenuous exercise in this heat.

Sending love your way

Jill

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2021 5:20 PM

Link for Jill's post quoted at r2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2021 5:22 PM

That name looks familiar. I think I posted with him on some soap board back in the day like 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2021 5:24 PM

It was 123° on Friday. What on earth was the guy doing laying in the sun?!

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2021 6:03 PM

His Twitter is endless ass kissing.

Are we sure that isn’t what killed him? 💋

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2021 6:09 PM

Laying in the sun while filled with Meth/G/Molly will do that

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2021 6:19 PM

Thanks R2, I wondered how on earth he could have heat stroke.

It sounds like he really just underestimated how hot it was and how much it takes out of you. Very, very sad.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2021 10:10 PM

From Judith's FB (sorry can't link)

This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my Dear Geoffrey-Martin Cyr. on the Red Carpet. This Dear man had recently returned to his much loved Los Angeles...And, of course, he wasted no time in coming to his beloved PALM SPRINGS to bake in our DESERT SUN...Sadly the searing heat wave we have endured of late sent him into the ICU for extreme heat exhaution. He did not survive. Oh Dear God! Oh, Geoffrey, who, despite whatever the cruel world threw at him, always had a cheerful heart and a warm infectious smile. And when we met on his PALM SPRINGS trips, he always presented me with a single flower. He was so looking forward to working that RED CARPET for the upcoming DAYTIME EMMYS again....He loved his SOAPS!!! And we loved him...Rest in Peace, you Dear, Dear, Friend...

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2021 10:12 PM

He was a sweet guy who loved the soaps and worked the red carpets, helping them move along so that the job got done.

RIP, Geoffrey Martin-Cyr.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2021 11:32 PM

Well, don’t ask me to wear anything on the red carpet in memory of him!

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2021 10:27 AM

I looked at his FB.....Typical (and LITERALLY) an ABBEY patron---and of course had an obnoxious nickname "G-Mac"......Seems like an attention queen name dropper.....Yawn.......SINGLE in his 50s----I cannot imagine how many THREADS he created on DL.......FUN TRIVIA = Pictured with BILL HINKLE from CNN...

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2021 10:56 AM

R12 types fat.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2021 12:55 PM

According to former PR flack Alan Locher, he was very supporyive and nice to Alan when Alan launched his little pandemic Zoom interview thingy.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2021 1:00 PM

50 and MANLESS.....Kinda sad....Or maybe he was one of "those" gays who preferred the company of 19 year olds?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2021 1:23 AM

Who? Why should we care. Never heard of him. If he’s dumb enough to be laying in the sun when its 123 out……..

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2021 1:29 AM

Yes, but did he die of natural causes? Oprah needs to know.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2021 2:23 AM

He was pretentious. He couldn’t type a sentence without saying MY DEAR FRIEND so and so. Total name dropper and he always had to name the elegant hotel that he had brunch at with his DEAR FRIEND (insert name). He didn’t impress me at all.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2021 2:49 AM

Well, at least she was the topic of convesation at Hunter's.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2021 2:57 AM

[quote] His Twitter is endless ass kissing. Are we sure that isn’t what killed him? 💋

Too soon

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2021 3:03 AM

[quote] Well, at least she was the topic of convesation at Hunter's.

Yes, but it was a dead end conversation

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2021 3:08 AM

Well, that was a wasted vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2021 3:16 AM

Did JFP off him? He never had anything nice to say about her and he told Miss Locher that he was going to try and bite his tongue in the chat room during her interview tomorrow. He didn’t live long enough to make the chat. Hmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2021 3:25 AM

Well the daytime Emmys are dead too so it is not like he will miss anything

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2021 4:10 AM

How will Miss Locher go on without his best friend that he’s never met in person? Such tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2021 2:03 PM

Maybe he was still wearing a cock ring?

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2021 2:51 PM

Sorry but this guy obviously loved the sun and his girl besties say he was laying out in the 120+ degree weather. He must have baked from the inside out. Dumbass. Stay out of the sun. Especially when it is 120 out. This dumbass could name every actor who played Tom Hughes on As The World Turns but he couldn’t take the time to learn not to bake in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2021 3:06 PM

"Too soon" to make jokes about the death due to idiocy of someone who was just the Daytime Emmy PR rep?

Fuck that shit.

Go elsewhere, delicate plant.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2021 3:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2021 3:16 PM

[quote] It’s with a very heavy heart that I rely my sadness

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2021 3:22 PM

That's why I want to live in a cold climate.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2021 3:24 PM

He looks like a cuddly, pass-around bottom cub who aged-out of Boytoyland. I'd totally do him, but I probably couldn't afford the life he has become accustomed to.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2021 3:47 PM

What a dumbass! Got what he deserved!!!

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2021 4:53 PM

R32, he'd actually taken some blows due to COVID and the job market.

He moved home and had only recently come back to LA to try again now that the business was opening up.

He was always a little lost.

I remember being in my 20s and being too stupid to put sunblock on when I went out.

When you get older you just stop giving a shit what other people think. I'm not sure he ever got there.

RIP

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2021 5:45 PM

R34 He shouldn’t have been so arrogant on the Locher Room chats. He was an asshole in the chats. Got what he deserved!

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote] he'd actually taken some blows

Taken or given?

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2021 8:40 PM

Who cares! He was homely. Got what he deserved. Lay out in the sun in 120 degree weather? What the fuck!

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2021 11:03 PM

Just read an article written by a friend of his and she says he had undiagnosed heart issues that led to his collapse and death.

But still, laying out in 120 degree heat and intense sun is bad, mmmkay.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2021 5:49 PM

^Sweetie, we moved on hours after this happened.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2021 5:54 PM

I've never heard of this person but I'm glad of r39's update. No one likes loose ends.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2021 7:19 PM

Make that r39's update.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2021 7:19 PM

R38's update. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2021 7:19 PM

well, everything thought she was a meth queen. thought it was fair to update.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2021 7:46 PM

I knew a queen who sunbathed in a heat wave once.

And then she DIED.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2021 7:48 PM

[quote]he had undiagnosed heart issues that led to his collapse and death.

That he had none? Most PR reps don't.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2021 8:12 PM

r12 What is an ABBEY patron??

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2021 8:29 PM

Well duh. Glad that queen is gone.

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2021 8:34 PM

r15 I have just nosed at a few of the tweets that he liked and a fair few of naked pictures of older men middle aged or older .

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2021 8:39 PM

Was he there when Doug Davidson knocked the shit out of Nellie Branco at the Daytime Emmys?

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2021 11:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!