Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Delta Variant info. - it spreads quickly, people. Be careful.

[Quote] “NO MORE THAN MERE SECONDS” of exposure in 10-60 centimeters where one man triggers several #DeltaVariant infections with brief “fleeting” contact. Thousands of shoppers at NSW🇦🇺 mass tested. Delta called “near & present danger”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2021 5:57 AM

Eric Feigl-Ding is an alarmist and his tweets make him sound like a spaz.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2021 1:53 AM

Be careful?

OK, I'll get back under my bed. Until I die.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2021 1:54 AM

Thanks, Boris. Duly noted. We'll take it from here.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2021 1:59 AM

Oh fuck off with the Boris shit, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote] Eric Feigl-Ding is an alarmist

Totally! It’s better to just be low key about covid, sick to death of the alarmism.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2021 2:11 AM

Buck got vacinated.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote] Totally! It’s better to just be low key about covid, sick to death of the alarmism. —The 3.6 million who were literally sick to death

In case you missed the memo, the vaccine has so far proven super effective in preventing COVID deaths - even the from the variant strains. You can stay hidden under your covers in fear if you'd like, but I'm double vaxxed and not worrying about it any more until the data starts showing I need to be. Right now, it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2021 2:22 AM

The guy may be an alarmist, IDK, but the NSW government has reported that they watched the CCTV footage of the shopping mall where those people caught Covid and all they could find was a fleeting contact, such as walking past. They know who caught it from who because they do genomic testing (you can when you have a small number of cases), so they know they were watching the right people.

It's possible they had longer contact somewhere where CCTV didn't show it. Maybe they stood too close at a register. But they didn't know each other and weren't eating at the same place or anything like that. We had an earlier case where someone in hotel quarantine caught the Delta variant from someone staying in the room opposite just by having the doors open at the wrong time to receive meals.

On the plus side, the sample size is very small and so maybe these were just very susceptible people, or the spreader had an unusually high viral load. But the precautionary principle says you treat it as though everyone is that much at risk until you know they're not.

Also on the plus side, although even people fully vaccinated with Pfizer have been known to get infected with the Delta variant, the MRNA vaccines and Astra are all pretty much 100% effective against serious illness. So if you're fully vaccinated don't think you couldn't transmit it, but be reassured you're personally not going to get any serious symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2021 2:52 AM

R8, shut up. You sound like an idiot. Now go have a Vodka Sputnik. And don't come back. You don't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2021 2:58 AM

MO COVID per capita rate is now the worst in US. MO also has highest rate of virulent Delta variant. 17 rural counties report record hospitalizations, all among unvaccinated. The only things spreading faster than COVID in much of rural MO are magical thinking and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2021 3:06 AM

MO COVID per capita rate is now the worst in US

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote] Most of state is high or extremely high risk for unvaxxed.

Unvaxxed. UNVAXXED. Not people who are vaccinated. UNVAXXED.

OP always titles a thread with his spin of words. He's a troll which makes this a troll thread.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2021 3:51 AM

What, R12? This is the first Covid thread I've made. The title is the title, the Delta variant is dangerous. How is that trolling, R12?

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]In case you missed the memo, the vaccine has [bold]so far[/bold] proven super effective in preventing COVID deaths - even the from the variant strains.

So far. But since a very significant percent of people have not/refuse to get the vaccine, the virus continues to spread. And could you show me in the memo where it shows that all future mutations will be defeated by the vaccine as well?

In your rush to go “back to normal” you’re trying to shout down/ridicule anyone who says “this isn’t over yet, we are being reckless in abandoning simple protocols” or “it’s extremely worrying that so many people are too paranoid/stupid/lazy to get vaccinated.”

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2021 5:59 AM

The new variation of Delta already detected in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2021 6:10 AM

Which vaccine are you referring to, r7? Because not all vaccines are the same. AstraZeneca, for example, is only 60% effective against infection with the Delta variant.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2021 6:34 AM

[quote] Which vaccine are you referring to, [R7]? Because not all vaccines are the same. AstraZeneca, for example, is only 60% effective against infection with the Delta variant.

Pfizer & Moderna, r16.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2021 11:38 AM

Whatever.

Vaxxed and still wearing a mask in crowded situations and wherever else required by local public health.

I might even end up being a breakthrough case, but even with my shit luck, I'm not likely to die. If I pass it on, well, you shoulda been out of my space and/or vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2021 11:43 AM

Astra Zeneca is less effective at preventing you from being infected, but so far it looks as though it's nearly as good as the MRNAs (Pfizer and Moderna) at keeping you from getting seriously ill.

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2021 11:50 AM

That's unfortunate for people in Australia then, r7, because they've been mostly using AstraZeneca so far - which is less effective against the Delta variant - although the government is trying to shift more towards Pfizer and Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2021 2:37 PM

Did you even read the post above yours, R20?

Yes, on the info currently available, that does seem to apply to the Delta variant.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2021 3:24 AM

There's a variant of the Delta variant already?

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2021 4:19 AM

Stop saying double vaxxed. You mean FULLY vaxxed you ignorant cunt pus.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2021 4:25 AM

I have a friend who hosted a huge banquet recently, must have been at least 300 people. This is the same person who didn't venture outside her house in 2020 and ordered everything in. I was shocked to hear that she had not been vaccinated even though she threw such a big party. She is afraid of needles and will faint at the sight of one. God forbid that she gets sick. I am vaccinated and my attendance at her affair was the first time I was in a room full of people without a mask. After attending her party, I've gotten a sinus cold for the first time since Covid and mask-wearing (and I frequently got sinus infections in the past)

This affirms my decision to still wear a mask when I'm in a crowd. I pray my foolish friend did not get anything serious.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2021 4:42 AM

I ate out at a restaurant for the first time since the pandemic started. I had a lovely lunch with one of my oldest friends at an old favorite restaurant in DC. I was still concerned - I walked there and it was so nice without a mask but they did want us to wear a mask when we were walking to our table etc. The waiters & staff all wore masks.

I figure the variants will hit DC by taxi driver or anyone - especially the Indian (Delta) variant - everyone comes to DC.

Unfortunately I had 2 glasses of wine and by that evening had a voracious histamine attack swelling my face up to a deformed gargantuan. I couldn't believe it. It's finally looking normal. At least that's what I think it was - I literally had to force water into me to keep my kidneys working.

LOL I'm staying out of restaurants - more trouble than they're worth.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote] they did want us to wear a mask when we were walking to our table

Who? Fuck them. Wear your mask.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2021 4:49 AM

14 day case loads with the Delta variant have been on the rise in shithole red states like Missouri and Arkansas. Unfortunately their anti-vax ways will affect the rest of us in blue states that got our vaccination rates up.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2021 4:54 AM

[quote}Not people who are vaccinated. UNVAXXED.

So, what legitimately changes the "c"s to "x"s? Or are we just being "hip"?

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2021 12:46 PM

I’m not even eligible for a vaccine yet. So, fuck all you “but I’m DOUBLE vaxxed!!!” fucktards

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2021 12:52 PM

I guess I’ ll have to get a Hazmat suit after all…I wonder if they come in pastel colors

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2021 12:54 PM

Yes r21, I did read r19 but r19 doesn't quite get it right. Two doses of AstraZeneca give you 60% protection against infection. Two doses of Pfizer give 90% protection against infection. Two doses of AstraZeneca give around 92% protection against hospitalisation, while 2 doses of Pfizer give around 96% protection against hospitalisation.

Note, however, that the 60% protection against infection and 92% protection against hospitalisation is only reached if the second dose is given 12 weeks after the first. One dose alone gives only 30% protection against infection. If the second dose is given before 12 weeks, however, then protection against infection and hospitalisation is even lower.

Personally, I'd prefer not to remain vulnerable for 3 months until getting my second dose and I'd prefer not to have a 40% chance of being infected. You can also be severely ill without being hospitalised. So, it's not really the case that 2 doses of AstraZeneca give almost as high protection against severe illness as two doses of Pfizer or Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2021 3:31 PM

R22, I believe the Delta variant is itself a variant of the original Indian variant. So now we have a variant of the variant of the variant.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2021 3:33 PM

Shithole deplorable hardly ever die from covid, their bodies are too toxic for the virus to get hold of.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2021 3:54 PM

I'm way more likely to die from being shoved onto the subway tracks by a deranged homeless person than I am to die from a breakthrough Covid infection from the subway, even with the variants. And I'm not all that worried about being shoved onto the tracks.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2021 4:03 PM

Around and around and around it goes….and where it stops nobody knows.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2021 4:06 PM

My guess is that we will be receiving supplemental vaccine injections every year to address Covid variants..until it is eradicated…which may be never….

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2021 4:13 PM

Turns out the Chinese vaccines aren't that great in protecting against the Delta variant(s). Cases are shooting back up in several developing countries largely using the Chinese vaccines.

This shit ain't remotely over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2021 4:17 PM

Israel preparing itself for a surge in cases are urging vaccinated people to self-isolate if exposed.

Over 55 per cent of Israel’s 9.3 million citizens have received two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

Nearly a third of the new cases in the past week have been vaccinated individuals.

Most of the new cases among vaccinated persons are mild.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2021 4:46 PM

[quote] Unfortunately their anti-vax ways will affect the rest of us in blue states that got our vaccination rates up.

It won’t be affecting me in NYC. It’s not as if we’re going to be subtracting numbers of fully vaccinated citizens here.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2021 4:48 PM

Can I be tested for the Delta despite being vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2021 4:49 PM

R38, it's not clear from this in the Telegraph article

[quote]Nearly a third of the new cases in the past week have been vaccinated individuals, and many of the new infections are with the delta variant.

whether that nearly one third of vaccinated people were fully dosed or had just one dose.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2021 5:07 PM

R34 [I'm way more likely to die from being shoved onto the subway tracks by a deranged homeless person than I am to die from a breakthrough Covid infection]

You must live in NYC………

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2021 5:11 PM

What is the actual number of Delta cases in Israel? Does the article give the raw data? And yes, had they received both doses?

Would be interesting if Pfizer’s efficacy rate among fully vaccinated people was now only 66% against The Delta.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2021 5:14 PM

[quote] Would be interesting if Pfizer’s efficacy rate among fully vaccinated people was now only 66% against The Delta.

^^in terms of preventing any infection at all (even mild or asymptomatic), I should have said.

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2021 5:18 PM

R43: [quote]Of the 125 cases 78 were children, and about a third had received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. The Ministry of Health said that most of the cases were recorded in the towns of Modiin and Binyamina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2021 5:56 PM

Pfizer's efficacy rate against Delta is 89% protection against infections and 96% against hospitalisation.

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2021 5:58 PM

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2021 6:35 PM

People aren't listening to the scientists anymore, because they are tired of hearing all of the doom and gloom, most of which has ended up being debunked.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2021 6:56 PM

^^^^ Anti vax loon!

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2021 6:58 PM

[quote]People aren't listening to the scientists anymore, because they are tired of hearing all of the doom and gloom, most of which has ended up being debunked.

Oh honey. Science doesn't give a flying fuck what you believe.

And random youtube videos produced by lunatics do not equal "debunked" in any rational universe.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2021 7:03 PM

[quote]MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — There have been two outbreaks recently among unvaccinated residents in Marin and all the cases have been tied to the COVID-19 Delta variant.

[quote]One of the Delta variant outbreaks centered around the towns of Fairfax and San Anselmo, the other at a school in Novato.

[quote]Both outbreaks became under control within 14 days and are no longer active, health officials said.

[quote]Marin County has achieved a major milestone with 90% of residents vaccinated with at least one dose. The county has 81.6% of residents fully vaccinated.

[quote]Marin County Health Officer Dr. Matt Willis credits the high vaccination rate for getting outbreaks quickly under control.

[quote]“When clusters of cases rise and fall quickly among unvaccinated people, and don’t really spread further, this is what herd immunity looks like,” said Willis. “We’re seeing what community immunity could look like in Marin. The current cases are among unvaccinated residents, which is why we’re motivated to get closer to 100%.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2021 8:49 PM

Make sure your selenium levels are nice and high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2021 4:38 AM

Selenium has an anti-viral component. I'm taking 200mcg 3 x per day after meals and definitely feel I've become more resistant to respiratory infections.

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2021 4:43 AM

Made In China

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2021 5:04 AM

Selenium is found in nuts, so I’m good.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2021 5:17 AM

[quote] Be careful? OK, I'll get back under my bed. Until I die. Thanks!

You’re welcome, and thanks for doing your part

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2021 5:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!