Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Covid eats away at your brain tissue. They don't know how this will progress with people who have had it as time goes by.

So even a mild case could haunt you in years to come. And the vaccine doesn't prevent it just gives you an asymptomatic case. But yeah, go to an amusement park. What do we care.

(per that Asian woman doctor who is always on CNN and knows her stuff.)

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2021 10:11 AM

Here to help you out with a link, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2021 4:07 AM

Click bait OP

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2021 4:12 AM

[quote] But yeah, go to an amusement park. What do we care.

So, how long, exactly, do you want the world to stay in lockdown? People like you just LOVE these stories since you can wallow in self-righteousness. NYC did EVERYTHING we were supposed to do, for over a year, now we’re going back to living. Stay locked in your house if you like.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2021 4:15 AM

Brain damage? In the case of anti-vaxers, who would be able to tell?

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2021 4:16 AM

Ugh... but what do you want us to do, OP? I don't think COVID is going anywhere and if it is as you say and a vaccine doesn't prevent this, what should we do? Hide for the rest of our lives? A vaccine is already the best viral prophylaxis possible and I'll just count my stars and hope for the best. Life is short and we're all going to develop cancer, get dementia, die, etc. I'm not going to waste the best years of my life (my mid-20s) living in fear and paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2021 4:16 AM

r3 have at it. Take your mask off. Trump would be proud of you. I want my brain cells. I'm living but just not in crowds.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2021 4:18 AM

More good news. I really wonder just how back to normal things will get.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2021 4:20 AM

That explains WhoreLyssa MilanHO.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2021 4:23 AM

Please provide a citation to some reputable medical source for the proposition that “the vaccine doesn't prevent [covid,] it just gives you an asymptomatic case.”

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2021 4:24 AM

Well OP, COVID is here to stay. Alcohol destroys brain cells, pollution is probably as bad as smoking a pack a day, meat is full of hormones as is dairy, and each day you are a bit closer to death. I got my vax and am going on with life. Sadly, besides the risk of horrible things like dementia, there is now another and me masking indoors and being vaxxed is still not a 100% guarantee. What else can we do? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2021 4:28 AM

r9 not to hard to look up. They have been saying this from the beginning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2021 4:30 AM

This sucks and I hope the damage isn’t too bad. Just more reason to get a vaccine

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2021 4:42 AM

[quote] Take your mask off. Trump would be proud of you. I want my brain cells. I'm living but just not in crowds.

Trump never wanted anyone to put a mask ON, dumbass! But stay in your bunker; you obviously don’t have many brain cells to spare!

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2021 4:43 AM

I find myself oddly attracted to Dr. Scott Gottlieb.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2021 4:46 AM

Nervous nellies like OP & R3 will cling to any bit of morsel they possibly can to justify keeping everyone in lockdown with no life. Like their lives were already before lockdown. It make them feel normal, is they can force their lifestyle on others.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2021 4:49 AM

r13 Trump didn't want people to wear masks dumbass so taking them off would be something he'd endorse. You are the one who seems to be having trouble with logic.

Biden seemed to want July 4th to be the day that things started easing up in terms of masks and social distancing but acquiesced when people started complaining.

My friend with a PhD and two master's degrees in various sciences is still wearing a mask and avoiding large crowds. I'll listen to him rather than an idiot like you r13.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2021 4:51 AM

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2021 4:53 AM

Yea r16, you just go right and continue to hide under the bed. I'm sure you doing all those around a favor anyway.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2021 4:57 AM

OP, likely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2021 5:00 AM

Shut up with your fear mongering.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2021 5:02 AM

OP - COVID is also probably going to cost me my job, the Delta variant can leave you without an eye or limb and all variants can lead to all kinds of misery but I am vaxxed and wear a mask indoors and that's all. Going on with life. God knows it's hard to pick up and get in shape after a year in the house, let alone worry even more. I just go on living.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2021 6:42 AM

A friend's brother got covid. He's in his 60s and got hit very hard ending up in ICU for 3 weeks. He seemed to recover well enough but she noticed a mental deterioration and a feeling of pessimism he didn't have before.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2021 7:04 AM

R22 - you're expecting what, exactly, after being in ICU for 3 weeks and, presumably as an American, bills to pay and being away from work?

But anyone with a long-term side effect from this would be pretty upset and pissed off over it.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2021 7:33 AM

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2021 4:09 PM

How can they let things like large audiences in sports, theatre and concerts continue or start up again?

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2021 4:26 PM

So, R3, are you vaccinated?

If not, why not?

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2021 4:42 PM

R25 - because people are supposed to be getting their vaccines. It's the reason why we don't worry about Mumps outbreaks at sports and concert events.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2021 4:43 PM

[Quote] - because people are supposed to be getting their vaccines.

LOL! There's where the problems starts. Americans are the biggest liars on the planet. Why would anyone believe them?

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2021 4:52 PM

They OP’s post is one long tedious MARY

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2021 4:53 PM

40 million people will have early onset Allsheimers within ten years.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2021 4:55 PM

Things are opening because fewer people are dying or hospitalized, duh. But stay in your basement, please.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2021 4:56 PM

r31, you're a repig trump ass licker. Enjoy your soon to be diagnosed cancer, cunt! You deserve it! Now stfu, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2021 5:01 PM

Everything always kills you slowly. How exhausting. Just end me please. I don’t want to be both sick AND in poverty.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2021 5:03 PM

Im just waiting for my second shot. I’m going to travel and do what I want but I’ve always avoided large crowds because I don’t like people so I figure I’m safe.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2021 5:44 PM

Life is a long disease ending in death.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2021 5:54 PM

I fucking hate that doctor. Whenever she’d pop up on CNN I’d fucking change the channel. She’s always promoting SOME reason to worry (to keep her job I guess), if it were up to her we’d stay locked up forever.

There’s always going to be some very small extent of risk but the point is the risk now is so small that is something that most vaccinated and of course SANE people are willing to live with (the same we go on living with many other risks daily).

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2021 7:52 PM

Everybody should just curl up and face the wall.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2021 8:45 PM

So what it’s saying is it will eventually turn Democrats into Republicans 😆

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2021 8:48 PM

I know, which is why it's so stupid for young people to say "it's not dangerous for my age group."

It's a lifetime of chronic organ failure for many in your group.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2021 9:19 PM

Fuck it, I already got Covid. If it happens, may as well enjoy my life now while it is still worth living.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2021 9:27 PM

I had covid and I notice that my vocabulary is about 30% smaller. I also can't remember celebrity names, movies, trivia etc. I got lost one day driving a place I know pretty well and I sometimes feel like I've blacked out and can't remember what I did before bed. I'm sort of scared yet heartened by this news because I was truly worried that I had early Alzheimer's

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2021 9:33 PM

Same r41. I will stop in the middle of a conversation and try my hardest to remember a fucking word and it’s something like SOFA. I can believe this. They were calling it brain fog at first - same thing. You just feel mentally slower.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2021 9:36 PM

R42 It may just be in your head. Many thing can account for brain fog. Bad diet, fatigue, stress, ADHD, etc.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2021 9:37 PM

That's nice of you to try r43 but it's completely covid related

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2021 9:41 PM

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2021 6:35 PM

Dawson Creek writer commits suicide after battling a litany of symptoms:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2021 7:08 PM

Fucking marvellous.

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote](per that Asian woman doctor who is always on CNN and knows her stuff.)

I don’t trust her. There’s a reason MSNBC got rid of her last year. I’ll trust the CDC who says that vaccinated people don’t need masks.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2021 7:16 PM

If God is just, this will be what disables and then kills Trump.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2021 8:26 PM

other people are saying it too r48...she was just quoting a study

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2021 8:30 PM

MORBID OBESITY damages your brain, your heart, your liver, and your kidneys too if you must know, fat ho OP.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2021 8:33 PM

r51=strangely triggered by CNN report.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2021 8:45 PM

R52 oddly triggered by the very word OBESITY. How much do you weigh, fat auntie? 450 lbs?

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2021 9:26 PM

Most of r53's posts are calling people fat hos.

I mean are there fat hos?

I don't think they'd get much action.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2021 9:43 PM

R49 Breaking News. God is not just.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2021 10:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!