Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Man Charged in Capitol Riot Saying ‘I’m Not Even So Sure That Officer Sicknick’s Even Dead’

This complete surrender of any and all critical thinking skills makes one an empty vessel, susceptible to any and all forms of claptrap. Certain people prefer it that way because they feel this supplants their own moral agency and leaves them blameless for the acts they commit....acts like....sedition, or....genocide.

You are all in great danger- there are literally millions of people who share this mentality and all for the same reason- to ostensibly absolve themselves of guilt for the coming atrocities they are going to commit. Kinda like when they say, "But trump sent me-".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 2:37 PM

The prison sentence, however, will be very real. And, hopefully, very unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2021 10:00 AM

We are now reaping the harvest of decades of the worship of youth culture and individuality--a total lack of critical thinking skills, a failure to develop any sense of obligation to society, and an inability to move beyond the childish reaction of denial of the obvious in order to evade responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2021 12:43 AM

Is there any reason, serious question here, as to why we can't IMMEDIATELY put such persons in a mental hospital? Literally walking insane!

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2021 1:05 AM

[Quote]youth culture

Eh? This sounds like something straight out of the 60s. And Trump, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Murdoch, the Mercers, and the Kochs are its spiritual leaders?

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2021 1:18 AM

It IS straight out of the 60s, R4--watch "Mad Men" to see how rampant consumerism fueled the shift to an American society that now values youth and "freedom" far more than maturity and social responsibility. By no means am I saying that everything was better in the 1950s, but the current set-up certainly works very well for the Koch brothers et al.--screw those pesky government regulations that would limit our ability to destroy the earth for short-term profit (for the rich) and convenience (for the masses).

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2021 1:31 AM

tragic. however he and his GF are both Dump supporters. All she will say is that she is "disappointed" in the Republicans reaction.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2021 1:36 AM

This is an interesting doc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2021 2:20 AM

These Trumptards are pathetic easily manipulated mental defectives. Of course it does not excuse their lawlessness. However why are they only arresting the monkeys and not the organ grinders?

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2021 2:45 AM

What Drew Griffin says in the video at 4:05 is dead accurate. These are radicalized Americans who have been lied to and gaslit for so long, by self-serving Republican politicians, that we can no longer reach them. They have been brainwashed, no different than victims of cults. And, isn't that what the Republican Party and Trumpism have effectively become -- a cult?

These people are Domestic Violent Extremists -- DVEs -- and they are the single biggest threat to our national security and very way of life in America. We must ALL vote down ballot for Democrats in every election until every last Republican standing is removed from all levels of federal, state, and local office. For any of you who want to quibble about Democratic Party policies or objections to this notion, none of that matters right now unless you'd like to personally aid and abet the Republicans finally plundering our nation into a fascist authoritarian state.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2021 3:16 AM

Long, but worthwhile, opinion piece written by Officer Sicknick’s longtime girlfriend:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2021 7:37 PM

Youth culture? Watching Mad Men for reference? R2/R5 is just stupid and unlettered.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2021 7:52 PM

R2/R5 here: You sound triggered, R11. Despite having graduated Phi Beta Kappa/magna cum laude from a highly regarded university in a large eastern city, I guess I must indeed be "stupid and unlettered," since I apparently didn't realize Datalounge is the place highbrow gays like you go to discuss Kierkegaard and quantum physics.

Instead of lobbing unfounded attacks at someone you know nothing about, why don't you actually add something to the discussion at hand in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 11:21 AM

This does not have to do with "youth culture," Grandma Walton. Did those people at the capitol look young to you? Most of them were 50+.

The erosion of independent media has a lot to do with the current political polarization. 6 corporations control 90% of the media we consume. Repealing the Fairness Doctrine was also a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 11:42 AM

I actually agree with the second part of your comment, R13, and it ironically ties in with the point I've been making if you take the time to connect the dots. I'm sorry you can't seem to understand my apparently horrifying reference to "youth culture," though--I was posting in order to bring more of a consideration of historical context to this thread. Nowhere have I suggested that the people at the Capitol themselves looked young (although many of them actually were).

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 12:05 PM

Deplorable, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 12:09 PM

Is he the same moron who also said he doesn’t believe Ashli Babbit is dead either?

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 12:58 PM

Until the late 1940s, life was hard for nearly all Americans so they grew up with a different mindset. Penicillin, rural electrification, the GI Bill for white veterans enabled college and home ownership so the whole post WWII economy was a radical change. After that kids grew up with a greater sense of security. Wars fought elsewhere didn’t affect us (Viet Nam was a brief jolt as every boy could be drafted but again, college deferments for the middle class); there was no massive national sacrifice as happened in the Depression and WWII.

So people forget how hard it used to be. They are used to buying what they want when they want it with no more thought behind it than it’s what they want.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote]I’m not even sure Officer Sicknick’s dead.

I can’t with these people!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 1:57 PM

The guy referenced in OP’s post also said the the Capitol mess was “peaceful.” Actually, all of the Trumpers interviews in that CNN special were fucking batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 2:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!