Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Nicholas Cage movie or……….SNL skit?

Dare you not to LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 9:42 AM

Oh so it's like the dollar store version of John Wick, with a pig.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2021 1:18 PM

This just showed up on Hulu for me, and I thought exactly the same. Nicholas Cage playing Liam Neeson in Taken, but it’s a pig not a daughter. Has Nicky fallen so far that no one wants to work with him and the only recourse is casting him opposite animals?

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 5:48 PM

“must return to his past in Portland in search of his beloved foraging pig”

I don’t know why this Cage bird clings.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 5:56 PM

this movie is supposedly amazing. heard from multiple friends in industry who watched it. Cage works constantly thanks to his IRS debt and lifestyle. He splits his time between cheap programmers (low budget action thrillers) and small goofy arthouse films like this.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]heard from multiple friends in industry

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 6:14 PM

“Who has my pig?” is destined to be one of the great porcine cinema quotes, along with “That’ll do, pig.”

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 6:16 PM

he has been doing odd thing. i watch none.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 6:18 PM

R7 How can you look away, it’s like a car accident in slow motion?

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 6:21 PM

I am a Cage fan but found this film preposterous. Still love the guy though.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 6:31 PM

r5 big middle finger. development people tend to have relatively sophisticated taste and even when they don't, still have a decent grasp on what entertained them. They watch movies like this after great reviews to evaluate the filmmaker for future projects. a movie like this might do nothing for nicholas cage and still land the writer/director a studio directing gig. then the studio would refuse to let him hire nicholas cage for that movie.

big middle finger to you again. Please now take a moment to peruse some of the reviews on this film, which got a 97% on Rotten tomatoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 1:50 AM

It got good reviews when it was released initially released back in July.

They say there is a bit of weird nonsense in the film but Cage is really good and overall the filmmaking's interesting.

On Mediacritic it got an 82 of 100 from critics and a 7.3 of 10 from civilians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 9:26 AM

it is out on DVD. I watched it last week. It is a character study, though granted an odd one with the pig as companion. There is a fight club type sequence I guess to cater to Cage's action fan base. Ultimately I found it unsatisfying because the end just trails off.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 9:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!