Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hot Greek Husband Confesses To Murdering His British Wife

Charalambos 'Babis' Anagnostopoulos has confessed to murdering his wife Caroline Crouch at their home in Glyka Nera, Athens after initially claiming she died in a robbery, police say

The husband of a British woman found dead in Greece has confessed to officers, police say. Charalambos 'Babis' Anagnostopoulos made the admission as police investigated the murder of his wife Caroline Crouch on May 11, Greek Police tweeted.

Student Caroline died in front of her 11-month-old child at their home in Glyka Nera, Athens. Her husband initially said his wife had been killed in a robbery while he was tied up, however officers reportedly found evidence which undermined his version of events.

Today, Greek Police said: "Investigation of the homicide of a 20-year-old native that took place on May 11, 2021, in Glyka Nera. "The perpetrator is her 33-year-old husband, who confessed to his act." He reportedly confessed after more than eight hours of interrogation. Hellenic Police confirmed the husband had 'admitted to his actions'. A spokesman added: "He has not yet been charged due to bureaucratic behaviour."

Police flew by helicopter to a Greek island where Caroline Crouch's husband Charalambos 'Babis' Anagnostopoulos was mourning her death with relatives to speak with him earlier today, reports say. It was claimed they approached him discreetly following a memorial service near the cemetery of Alonissos and told him they had new information that he should see immediately. According to local reports, he was asked to follow the officers back to police headquarters in Athens. He was not arrested.

The mayor of Alonissos, Petros Vafinis, told newsit.gr: "The police were very discreet and there was no disturbance at the memorial. I do not know if he has been called for identification or to give a new statement."

Helicopter pilot Anagnostopoulos, 33, previously told police that a gang of robbers broke into his home while he was sleeping. He claimed they burst in at about 5am, tied and gagged him and his wife and demanded cash and jewellery at gunpoint. The accused said he then told them where to find about £10,000 worth of euros in a Monopoly box - cash that the couple had on hand to pay builders after buying land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2022 2:29 AM

He looks quite a bit like the ex-Mr. Gwyneth Paltrow in that pilot uniform photo. It's a shame Chris Martin didn't have any similar ideas.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2021 12:44 AM

Charalambos Anagnostopoulos. Catchy name.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2021 12:48 AM

I told you guys that detective Columbopolous was needed to solve this crime. As soon as he showed up, the killer confessed!

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2021 12:52 AM

"He has not yet been charged due to bureaucratic behaviour."

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2021 12:56 AM

Yes, but DL sleuths called it immediately! Congratulation to all of us!

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2021 12:56 AM

To καθεστώς των Συνταγματαρχών,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2021 1:01 AM

I knew it was the husband when I read that the "killers" killed the dog and hung it from a tree in the front yard

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2021 1:04 AM

Why did he kill her? Did the baby give her swinging saloon doors?

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2021 1:24 AM

R7

I knew it was he as soon as I heard "husband and wife," not because of the dog.

But fuck him for killing the dog. What did the little animal do to deserve that?

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2021 1:32 AM

R9, excuse me? What the hell did I do?

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2021 1:36 AM

All of us with a brain knew it!

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2021 1:37 AM

R9 Really? You’re more upset about the animal than the woman?🙄

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2021 1:38 AM

10 years and then parol. That’s how it is over the.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2021 1:38 AM

Do these guys really think they will get away with it? If the wife dies the husband immediately becomes the number one suspect.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2021 1:44 AM

Why don’t straight men just get divorced? And why are so many of them batshit crazy but are able to work normal jobs?

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2021 1:52 AM

R15- Most of the time it is because they don't want to pay child support. They kill the children and the wife, or pregnant wife as Scott Peterson did. But this guy didn't harm the child, so he must have really hated her.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2021 2:11 AM

People that murder people for no real reason aren't rational, so you aren't going to be able to find a rational explanation.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2021 2:15 AM

It is so crazy how predictable these cases are. Also how prevalent domestic violence is, The pandemic quarantines brought out even more domestic violence. Men and passion are dangerous. Aggression and violence seem to come naturally to many straight men.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2021 2:15 AM

He premeditated that murder. That was no crime of passion. It was cold blooded. I guess it will not make a difference in his sentence in his county. That poor orphaned baby. What a disgustingly selfish thing to do to her.

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2021 2:37 AM

Check out the main thread linked above. They had been arguing for months and she was going to leave with the baby. She had searched for hotel rooms the night before.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2021 2:43 AM

She was so young that she didn't know, but she should not have told him she was leaving. A fatal mistake with abusive men. That is the most dangerous time in an abusive relationship. When the women tries to leave. So very sad.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2021 2:53 AM

It's not just straight men that are violent. Gay relationships have high rates of domestic violence. See the poster on DL who threw wine on his boyfriend and got beaten to a pulp.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2021 2:56 AM

R15 They get screwed over in court, assets taken from them, reputation ruined and end up only seeing their kids once in a blue moon.

So some men panic and deal with it their own way.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2021 3:00 AM

The DL detective agency had this figured out from the start.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2021 3:02 AM

There are a lot of sick men out there who would rather kill their partner than to see them leave and be with someone else. A lot of these men are unstable and think they own their partner and flip out at the thought of being alone.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2021 3:04 AM

The ownership model of marriage has to end, along with that bizarre and senseless monogamy.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2021 3:13 AM

R26 That model went out the window years ago, very few marriages are monogamous.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2021 3:16 AM

“Hot Greek Husband: Charalambos 'Babis' Anagnostopoulos”

You know you bitches would have his ‘Babis’.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2021 3:17 AM

I do not believe for one second that a straight man can handle anything other than a monogamous relationship. There ego and feeling of ownership over women is too ingrained.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2021 3:33 AM

How did he tie himself up?

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2021 3:41 AM

As Lt. Proveza always said: it’s the husband always the husband

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2021 4:15 AM

I am SHOCKED it was the husband. That never happens.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2021 4:18 AM

I sincerely doubt that a Greek man would lose his assets, his reputation and barely be able to see his child. This is Greece, not California. More likely that a 30 year old man who knocks up a teenager has control "issues" and went berserk when she decided to leave.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2021 5:02 AM

No wonder more and more ladies are choosing to stay single and childless. Risking their lives (and potentially, a child's life) because, when things don't work out with the guy you're with can't handle the breakup/divorce so HE KILLS YOU.

Straight guys are the biggest snowflakes ever. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2021 6:25 AM

[quote] "Why did he kill her? Did the baby give her swinging saloon doors?"

No, R8. He killed her because her legs were swinging saloon doors.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2021 6:40 AM

Does anyone know what breed the dog was? I’m trying to decide which murder was worse.

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2021 6:49 AM

If it's a pit bull, then all is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2021 7:10 AM

I guess since he spared the child, he's one step above Chris Watts... But just barely. Chris has the hotter body though.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2021 7:11 AM

R12

He planned to kill the wife. Nothing was going to stop that. The killing of the dog was purely gratuitous. That is what I meant.

And BTW, why are you on my ass? Go criticize the lady who poured boiling sugar water over her husband. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2021 10:41 AM

R9, killing the dog was probably premeditated as well. His story was that robbers came into the house. He had to explain why the dog didn't bark.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2021 12:39 PM

R36, the dog was a seven-month-old husky puppy.

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2021 1:07 PM

The dog would have barked, howled and tried to save her. Fry the bastard.

by Anonymousreply 42June 22, 2021 12:14 AM

R34, no shit. Most husbands don’t do anything to help, and expect to be equal partners in decision-making. Phooey.

But I’ll tell you what. I know a bunch of these women here in NYC and they engage in some pretty risky sex. One brought dates home after her kid went to sleep for the night. Another one specializes in married men. I’m not judging because it’s immoral, it’s just risky.

by Anonymousreply 43June 22, 2021 12:24 AM

Meh. He's not that hot. He gets no special privileges. Fry him.

by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2021 12:27 AM

R27, no, most straight guys are super jealous. They might like playing around on their wives but they don't want their wives to cheat on them

by Anonymousreply 45June 22, 2021 12:30 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 22, 2021 2:15 PM

This piece of work. He's "sorry" and wishes to go back in time. Did he really think he wouldn't be caught? Would it have been so terrible to have joint custody of his daughter with his wife?

He's a macho idiot. Couldn't stand the fact that his wife had a different opinion.

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2021 3:28 AM

For referring to this butt-ugly guy as "hot" in the title, OP should also get whatever punishment Charalambos gets.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2021 11:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2021 11:45 PM

CONVICTED. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 50May 16, 2022 8:18 PM

It sucks--she thinks she hit the jackpot with a great looking husband with a good job.

And then he kills her.

by Anonymousreply 51May 16, 2022 8:34 PM

He is going to be very popular in jail.

by Anonymousreply 52May 17, 2022 12:48 AM

What is the motivation?

Also -- air plane pilot, isn't he? That's a profession with a high number of gays.

by Anonymousreply 53May 17, 2022 1:12 AM

R53 he was a controlling prick that found out she was going to flee from his abuse. Happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2022 2:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!