Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trumps supporters ruin their own lives

I never understood this. Almost everyone around Trump ends up getting their lives ruined. Yet Trump us untouched. Here is the list so far:

-Mike Pence will never be able to run for elected office again

-Roger Stone and Paul Manafort are done for and broke as hell

- Jeff Sessions was repeatedly humiliated and then lost his safe Senate seat

-Kellyanne and George Conway's marital problems worsened and are all out in the public

-Michael Cohen lost his law license and went to prison

-Michael Flynn lied to federal authorities and is facing prison

-Jerry Falwell Jr and his most likely homosexual sex scandal

-Rudy Giuliani's probably going to get disbarred and lose the Dominion lawsuit

-Scott Pruitt was outed for excess spending (by Trump himself); he will never be able to run for office again

-Steve Bannon received a federal indictment over fraud and money laundering for building a wall

-Sydney Powell and L. Lin Wood ruined their credibility as a member of the bar

-John Bolton outfoxed himself and now is despised by Democrats, Republicans, and Trumpians.

-Rick Perry got blamed for a scandal he knew nothing of

-Mitch McConnell destroyed his legacy as an old-school Republican

-Sean Spicer had to whore himself out on Dancing with the Stars

- Rex Tillerson, James Matthis, and Wilbur Ross (very respectable men in their fields) all received public humiliation

by Anonymousreply 154November 12, 2021 10:42 PM

Michael Flynn was pardoned. He is not currently facing prison time.

If he keeps his shit up though, he will be.

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2021 5:27 PM

Whet to the Conway's? They disappeared off the map.

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2021 5:30 PM

that's what happens when you play with the devil

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2021 5:30 PM

They're all free as jaybirds, OP, so none of them are suffering are repercussions for their treasonous actions.

Call me when any or all of them are dancing at the end of the rope. Then I might care.

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2021 5:31 PM

Hope Hicks got chlamydia.

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2021 5:32 PM

r4 oh, but it's coming.

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2021 5:32 PM

R6 I'm not R4 but I admire your optimism. I'm not convinced

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2021 5:33 PM

Keep in mind, also, that, despite Trump's laughable claims, none of these sycophants were exactly "the best people" to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2021 5:34 PM

R8 I will agree with you with three exceptions- Tillerson, Matthis, and Ross. Under any other administration, they would have been outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2021 5:36 PM

Conway is still sending stuff out to Lincoln Project. Doesn't realize the number of hard core Dems (like moi) who donated b/c they hated Trump so much. Flynn is talking as close to treason as you can get, and I'm sure the feds keep a really close eye on him. The rest will probably be on a kind of Fox/Hannity/ lecture circuit at small conservative colleges, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2021 5:37 PM

I said it five years ago - and I was only one of many who did then and have since - and I'll say it again: everything Trump touches dies.

In this case, all those careers.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2021 5:41 PM

I just got a book deal, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2021 5:44 PM

I would laugh my ass off if they all belong to some Satanic Cult, and they believed some false prophet that Trump will lead them to their right wing Utopia.

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]Whet to the Conway's?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2021 5:48 PM

But they were so happy when they believed being on board with Trump was going to get them somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2021 6:07 PM

[quote]I would laugh my ass off if they all belong to some Satanic Cult, and they believed some false prophet that Trump will lead them to their right wing Utopia.

He was not a false prophet!

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2021 6:08 PM

R13 I know people in Satanic cults and they are able to compartmentalize more than them lol

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2021 6:09 PM

[quote]Mike Pence will never be able to run for elected office again

Good.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2021 6:12 PM

Flynn got Trump's presidential pardon, so he's not going to jail, unless he's done something egregious afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2021 6:15 PM

It is worse than the Nixon, Agnew, Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Bork, Mitchell, Dean, Kissinger, Colson, Zeigler, Haig, and Ford covering up Watergate.

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2021 6:29 PM

That's what they said about George W. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote]Mike Pence will never be able to run for elected office again

Bitch, please. He'd be elected to any office in Indiana he ran for.

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2021 6:34 PM

I think their voters do too, since the GOP does jack shit to make their lives any better.

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2021 6:35 PM

People in "satanic" cults have better morals than the current crop of conservatives and Trumptards.

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote] Bitch, please. He'd be elected to any office in Indiana he ran for.

Then the freedom fighters of Capitol Hill didn't go far enough.

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2021 6:38 PM

Supporting Trump killed my acting career!

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2021 6:39 PM

No, being a racist homophobic s p i c did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2021 6:41 PM

[quote]Supporting Trump killed my acting career!

Mine too!

by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2021 6:53 PM

Tony Woodard has incited more violence against Jews than Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2021 6:57 PM

At least these people got out alive, unlike all those Clinton associates who didn't kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2021 7:02 PM

[quote]Flynn got Trump's presidential pardon, so he's not going to jail, unless he's done something egregious afterwards.

He already has, hon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2021 7:02 PM

At least Richard Grenell got out alive. Chris Stevens didn't.

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2021 7:03 PM

Secret pardons all around. Trump was handing them out like McDonald's gift certificates at the end.

by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2021 7:06 PM

Nice to know you still hate Republicans more than you love gay people.

by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2021 7:09 PM

R32 Grenell will probably be the next governor of California

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2021 7:14 PM

Which do you think wears a cock cage?

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2021 8:00 PM

R36, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2021 8:17 PM

I wish Josh Hawley did tbh

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2021 8:45 PM

Marjorie Taylor Greene just wants to live, laugh, and fuck Trump

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2021 12:57 PM

R26 Your “acting” killed your acting career!

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2021 1:09 PM

I'm not so sure that there are "secret" pardons around, and even if there were, the courts would likely entertain challenges to their validity.

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2021 1:15 PM

R35, Grenell couldn’t get elected Mayor of Bakersfield! Lol…where do you live?!?

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2021 1:22 PM

Bakersfield is a hicktown.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2021 5:24 PM

R42 Grenell could be the Republican's Buttigieg-type but Josh Hawley is scared if Grenell gets too close he'll develop into a gay

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2021 6:26 PM

We should be so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2021 6:29 PM

The Republican Pete Buttigieg is Pete Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote] I will agree with you with three exceptions- Tillerson, Matthis, and Ross. Under any other administration, they would have been outstanding.

Tillerson is no doubt a smart guy but he completely gutted the State Department. He was a disaster. It would have made more sense to make him Energy Secretary. I think that they thought Tillerson would be helpful in dealing with the Russians and Arabs, but then along came Jared and Trump surrounded himself with oddballs with their own Russian connections.

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2021 6:33 PM

I do wonder when Tillerson and the others will come out and give us the real story or have they and I missed it?

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2021 6:40 PM

R47 He didn't finish what he was trying to accomplish. Trump wouldn't let him be the Secretary of State. He wasn't a yes man.

Plus two very moderate and intelligent "big-wigs" of Washington- Condoleezza Rice and Robert Gates advocated for him; as did Kushner (who is not as bad as people say). Tillerson is definitely smarter, classier, and wealthier than Trump (he has no debt- Trump is VERY leveraged).

R46 Buttigieg is not a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]Buttigieg is not a Republican.

Bless your heart for keeping the faith, you brave little soldier.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2021 6:42 PM

R50 Please explain how he is a Republican. I know Hillary is really a Republican lol

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2021 6:48 PM

Look at his actual policies. Look at how he governed. Look at how he got less Black support in his own alleged party's primary than Trump did from Black Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2021 6:52 PM

lmao why is Fugly pete coming up in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2021 7:03 PM

Because a gay person doesn't like one of - if not the - highest ranking gay man in Washington

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2021 7:15 PM

You know who else was like Trump in this respect, as in, everyone associated with them went down the tubes, but they themselves came through with no lasting damage ... besides remaining as awful as they ever were to begin with?

Paris Hilton, back in the day. The list of her victims by association is a who's who of the 2000s.

It's like some people have a teflon coating. Maybe that's what narcissism does.

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2021 7:24 PM

R51: "Hillary is really a Republican lol"

I thought she was really killed in the basement of a Pizza Hut or something, maybe she was killed along with Vincent Foster and is now a clone? Which is it!!!

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote] but Josh Hawley is scared if Grenell gets too close he'll develop into a gay

[quote]We should be so lucky.

Nah, the straights can have him. We don’t want him.

by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2021 7:37 PM

[quote] Plus two very moderate and intelligent "big-wigs" of Washington- Condoleezza Rice and Robert Gates advocated for him;

You know we are living in strange times when a defender of torture from the disastrous Bush regime is considered "moderate."

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2021 8:04 PM

Former Attorney General William Barr, former Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, former U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, and former White House counsel Pat Cipollone are among those who still haven't found full time jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2021 8:13 PM

ETTD. He is a dark curse.

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2021 8:18 PM

r59 There's always OnlyFans,

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2021 8:19 PM

Pence is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he must be realizing he will never be president and establish an evangelical Christian theocracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2021 8:21 PM

R62- I don't know which one is the most spineless of the two, Miss Lindsey or Pence.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2021 8:32 PM

Perhaps they all thought he'd succeed at his coup and have jobs for life. God knows why so many hitched their careers to a grifter and carnival barker.

by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2021 10:17 PM

R50, R52 = fat lindsey

Go fuck your dead cat, Lady G. Your stupid conspiracy theories are just stupid, fat, and ugly, just like you.

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote]I don't know which one is the most spineless of the two, Miss Lindsey or Pence.

MORE, not most.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2021 11:09 PM

R66- Thank you, dear!

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote]Rick Perry got blamed for a scandal he knew nothing of

TBH Rick Perry knows very little about anything..

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2021 11:51 PM

r68 Ah, but he does look smart in glasses!

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2021 10:38 PM

R59 Bill Barr ruined his creditability. He also spent $30,000 on a Christmas party, so I have no sympathy for him being "out of work."

Pat Cipollone is the hardest to believe. He was not crazy and WH counsel; he actually blocked a lot of Trump's impulses toward the end and did not support election fraud.

by Anonymousreply 70June 21, 2021 5:03 PM

May they be shamed, flamed and die in grease fires!

by Anonymousreply 71June 21, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote] Bill Barr ruined his creditability

His what, now?

by Anonymousreply 72June 21, 2021 5:09 PM

R72 his credibility* sorry

He had a lot in 1992.

by Anonymousreply 73June 21, 2021 5:11 PM

Looks Like Stephen Miller Can’t Find a Buyer For His DC Condo

It first hit the market in October.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 21, 2021 6:15 PM

Bill Barr should use this unexpected free time to have those flesh-colored mounds/moles burned off his face. He looks absolutely repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 75June 21, 2021 6:16 PM

The Miller listing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2021 6:16 PM

R76 The stench is so bad you need to fumigate the neighbors too!

by Anonymousreply 77June 21, 2021 6:18 PM

Christ. Talk about the banality of evil. It looks like a La Quinta in the early 2000teens.

by Anonymousreply 78June 21, 2021 6:56 PM

Michael Flyn Could be recalled to active duty over his overthrow the government quip and courts marshaled.

by Anonymousreply 79June 21, 2021 7:42 PM

[quote]The stench is so bad you need to fumigate the neighbors too!

I'd demand that the seller pay for an exorcism.

by Anonymousreply 80June 21, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote] and courts marshaled.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 81June 21, 2021 8:08 PM

Even with as hot as the current real estate market is, ain't NOBODY wanting to buy a demon's lair.

Womp, womp, nazi pig!

by Anonymousreply 82June 21, 2021 9:49 PM

Y'all are still alive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 21, 2021 9:52 PM

R83 that's cold, but very accurate.

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2021 1:10 PM

It's always been that case that wherever Dump goes and whatever he touches turns to shit and he leaves a massive trail of destruction in his wake.

The difference here is that we haven't seen it so clearly and definitively before now.

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2021 1:29 PM

[quote]Sometimes the former President complains for several hours about the "stolen" 2020 election. Other times, his frustrations emerge in fits and starts -- more likely when he is discussing his hopeful return to national politics. And while he often has a rotating audience of cheering listeners, the gap between Trump and his daughter and son-in-law grows wider by the week...

RUN, CHIRREN! RUN!!!

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner distance themselves from the former President and his constant complaints

By Kate Bennett and Gabby Orr, CNN

Updated 8:50 AM ET, Wed June 23, 2021

(CNN)With each passing day away from Washington, former President Donald Trump's grievances continue unabated. And those complaints appear to be driving away two of the people who were closest to him during his White House tenure: his daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

Sometimes the former President complains for several hours about the "stolen" 2020 election. Other times, his frustrations emerge in fits and starts -- more likely when he is discussing his hopeful return to national politics. And while he often has a rotating audience of cheering listeners, the gap between Trump and his daughter and son-in-law grows wider by the week, according to 12 former Trump White House officials, former administration officials, family friends, acquaintances and members of Trump's team who spoke with CNN about changes to the former President's current inner circle.

A large part of the reason for the separation is Trump's constant harping on the past and his inability to move on. The former President has also started to question the role that Kushner -- one of the few people who were able to stay close to Trump throughout his two presidential campaigns and White House tenure -- has played in his presidential legacy.

Ivanka Trump has also struggled to undo the entanglements caused by the years at her father's side in the White House, as she seeks a less complicated life for her family, according to two acquaintances. They described her as having to walk a fine line between embracing her father and distancing herself from his election lies.

Having spent much of the last five-and-a-half years in close proximity to him, Ivanka Trump and Kushner were rarely seen with him in the months leading up to the former President's seasonal shift from living at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, to living in a cottage at his private golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. "They weren't around for the usual spring and summer events at Mar-a-Lago," says one clubgoer and family friend, noting the absence of Trump's elder daughter and the couple's three young children.

Simultaneously, the disappearance of Kushner -- once the ringleader of Trump's policy operations -- was also apparent. A person familiar with Kushner says there were visits from the Kushner/Trump family to Mar-a-Lago before Trump's move North, but they were sparse, averaging once every three to four weeks. The physical distance between them was not far: after leaving Washington, Kushner and Ivanka Trump moved to a Miami high-rise to await the construction of their mansion on a nearby private island.

Kushner's presence, physically and virtually, has become increasingly rare as it became clear that his father-in-law remained preoccupied with the 2020 election, according to one person familiar with the situation.

"He was kind of like a parent who sticks around less and less each morning while they're transitioning their kid to day care," this person said.

(cont.)

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2021 1:47 PM

The Emperor has no clothes.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2021 1:51 PM

(More from CNN)

Kushner moves to the side

It wasn't the distance that kept Kushner away, say those who know his thinking -- it was the desire to be far from Trump's constant stream of contempt, and the chorus of voices cheering him on.

"Trump always has an array of characters around him," says a person who worked in the administration.

Around mid-March, some of Trump's most trusted advisers began urging him to bring someone onto his team who could oversee daily operations and help organize his candidate meetings, fundraising requests and endorsement vetting process.

"I don't think it's accurate to say he needed a new Jared, because Jared was always more of a policy guy inside the White House, but there was definitely a sense that some part of the puzzle was missing and it was contributing to a lot of internal confusion and chaos," said a former White House official.

Eventually, Trump brought on Susie Wiles, a Florida-based consultant who had earned his trust and was a familiar face to others on his payroll. But the frequency of Wiles' appearances, as well as her overall involvement, has also decreased since Trump relocated to Bedminster for the summer, according to one of the people involved with his operation.

Another consistent presence is that of Donald Trump Jr, whose penchant for politics has grown in the years since his father entered the political scene and who has become an increasingly trusted adviser to the former real estate mogul.

Kushner is not helping Trump cook up plans for a rally later this month, nor is he intensely involved with the former President's endorsement decisions or frequent public statements, which, sans a social media presence, come via news releases from Trump's leadership PAC, Save America -- again, something Kushner has veered away from.

Without input from his elder daughter and her husband, Trump is isolated from their influence, though the person close to Kushner does note he "still speaks on the phone" to the former President.

Now Trump finds himself more often in the company of an ever-changing circle of advisers. Trump allies say he is once again interacting with characters who should require supervision -- noting that he has been in frequent touch with One America News anchor Christina Bobb, a prolific proponent of far-fetched theories about the 2020 election, in addition to MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, who has encouraged Trump to keep challenging the 2020 election results in several states.

A member of Trump's team tells CNN the former President has "always had siloed relationships" with various people and that even in the White House -- with Kushner ostensibly down the hall -- Trump could frequently be "running his own play." This person notes Trump's cadre of recent influencers is akin to his unconventional way of eliciting opinion.

"There are other circles around him, yes," says this person, who doesn't argue there are questionable characters in the ear of the former President, "but that doesn't mean he doesn't also have very reasonable and buttoned-up people there as well."

The person close to Kushner adds that the group off whom Trump bounces his most off-the-wall and questionable theories is, while conspiratorial in nature, not completely out of the realm of a host of "regulars" with whom he has held court over the years.

"The stakes [now] are also less than they were when he was in the White House," says the source.

(cont.)

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2021 1:54 PM

(More from CNN)

Eroded trust

Trump has privately started to question Kushner's contributions to his legacy. One person who spoke with the former President in the last two weeks recounted a conversation in which Trump complained about Kushner inking a book deal that he thinks his son-in-law will use to take credit for some of his achievements. Another source confirms there is jealousy from Trump about Kushner's book, which a Kushner associate says was a "seven-figure deal" with Broadside Books, the conservative branch of mega-publisher HarperCollins. Trump, who has lately been helping with several journalists' in-the-works books about his presidency, has yet to announce a deal of his own.

"He's always been suspicious of Jared," this person said, noting that Trump has previously discounted Kushner's role in some of the key policies he enacted as president, including Middle East peace deals and criminal justice revisions.

Two people familiar with conversations Trump has had since his arrival in May at Bedminster say he questioned whether Kushner "accomplish[ed] peace in the Middle East after all" after tensions between Israel and Hamas erupted into a violent series of airstrikes last month.

"It is not a secret President Trump doesn't like when he thinks other people are getting attention for something he feels he has facilitated," says another former Trump White House official. "There's a sweet spot between saying nothing about work you did and saying too much that everyone has to find -- or else he gets triggered." A person who works with Trump now disputes that the former President has been vocal about disloyalty to Kushner, noting that several of the authors who have interviewed the former President for their books have asked directly whether Trump blames Kushner for his election loss.

"Every time, he's answered definitively, 'no,' on the record," says the person.

Those close to Kushner laugh off the idea of an estrangement, saying Trump is provocative at times because that is who he is. They note Kushner is long used to the occasional Trump backlash, and it doesn't bother him.

"He knows Trump acknowledges his successes," says the person close to Kushner.

Still, the Kushner intimates make no bones about the fact that the couple disagrees with the former President's current pursuits. It's clear that the close advisory relationship is no more.

The distance Kushner and Ivanka Trump have put between their current life and the former President has also helped, but that gap that is soon to close. Road trip

For the last week, Kushner, Ivanka Trump and their children have been on a summer road trip, from Miami to, eventually, Bedminster. It's the sort of summer activity millions of American families partake in, but the Kushner clan has made stop-offs along the way with a who's who of Trump's former administration.

(cont.)

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2021 1:56 PM

(More from CNN)

Over the weekend, they were in Kiawah, South Carolina, staying with former US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, who has made no secret of her desire to run for president but remains estranged from Trump's inner circle after publicly criticizing his response to the 2020 election. The Kushners and the Haleys were spotted on a double date at a popular local restaurant. Haley said in April that she would not make a run for the White House in 2024 if Trump decides he will run -- or she would at least discuss that scenario with him.

"That's something that we'll have a conversation about at some point if that decision is something that has to be made," she said at a news conference. Haley, like the Kushners, added that she has put space between herself and the former President, noting she had not talked to him since after the election but before the January 6 storming of the Capitol by a mob of his supporters.

The source close to Kushner downplayed the visit with Haley, saying South Carolina was just "one of the states along the way" on their drive.

Monday found them in Nashville, paying a visit to former State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus, a close friend of Ivanka Trump's and frequent guest on Fox News. During the Trump administration, Ortagus worked for then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who has in recent months toyed with the idea of a run for the White House.

The Kushner family will eventually get to their East Coast digs, and the person close to Kushner noted they will also spend time at their old apartment in New York City, in addition to Bedminster. They'll also perhaps visit the Hamptons, the summer playground of the rich and connected.

In Bedminster, the Kushner cottage and the Trump cottage are separated by mere tens of feet, about as close as the families have been for an extended period since the White House. Kushner's allies say that won't be a problem for him, as the two men are "not at odds," as one describes their relationship. Another friend of Kushner's says the men have a "good relationship, but [Kushner] is not anywhere near his political orbit."

Things might be slightly more challenging for Ivanka Trump, though, who has for the last several months walked a tightrope between Trump, her father, and Trump, the wounded loser of a contentious election.

For the time being, she is not getting involved in the rhetoric, nor the unknowns that could be on the horizon for her father -- politics, business, relationships or investigations.

"She is being very present, in the moment," says a person who has worked closely with her for the last several years. "She's not concerned." "After spending four years serving and traveling the country extensively, Ivanka is taking time with family and friends," her former chief of staff, Julie Radford, tells CNN. Explaining why the former President's life is not simpatico with his daughter's, one of the people close to Kushner said, "She is focused on her children, and spending time with them, period."

"Listen, you lose an election, things happen, people get over it, they move on, these are natural consequences," says the friend of Kushner's. The person familiar with Trump's thinking insists no one has been "removed" from his inner circle and that whatever the status of the relationship, the blurred lines among employee, adviser and son-in-law exist because they've both made them such.

"This is family, and family is in its own category. Its own unique category," the person said.

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2021 1:57 PM

You can post links from CNN again R90 et al.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 23, 2021 1:59 PM

OP: It’s because tRump never gets his hands dirty…like the evil fuck he is….he incites others to do the dirty work for him….

by Anonymousreply 92June 23, 2021 2:04 PM

Don’t forget Matt and Nestor

by Anonymousreply 93June 23, 2021 2:06 PM

I'm trying to think what the opposite is to the Midas touch. Because Trump and his cohorts definitely have that.

by Anonymousreply 94June 23, 2021 2:06 PM

R91

Jared and Ivanka distance themselves because they have become social pariahs because of tRump….he ruined what status they had among the social elite….

by Anonymousreply 95June 23, 2021 2:09 PM

Jared is actually a smart guy. At least he didn't go off the deep end like Donald Jr., Mark Meadows, and Rudy Giuliani

by Anonymousreply 96June 23, 2021 2:43 PM

FYI

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 23, 2021 6:53 PM

Rudy Giuliani Suspended From Practicing Law In New York | MSNBC

He should be FULLY disbarred!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote]Rudy Giuliani Suspended From Practicing Law In New York | MSNBC

HA-ha!

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2021 5:12 PM

OP, do you mean Mattis? I don't remember a James Matthis. If so, Mattis, Tillerson and Ross went back to their lives as if nothing happened. They apparently just erased the bad memories and moved on. That was unhelpful to the rest of the country at the time; they all needed to speak out and not hide behind being 'the good guys.'

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2021 6:51 PM

LOL!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2021 10:41 PM

That fat cunt Giuliani lost his law license? Good. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2021 11:40 PM

Fuck Javanka. They profited mightily off her dad's lust for her

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote]Jared is actually a smart guy. At least he didn't go off the deep end like Donald Jr., Mark Meadows, and Rudy Giuliani

A smart person wouldn't have been involved in the first place. And he did go off the deep end - he just did it behind the scenes.

He's as much a piece of shit as the others.

by Anonymousreply 104June 25, 2021 12:17 AM

Does he really believe this? I guess what I'm really asking is; Have Republicans been SO successful in demonizing Democrats that the Republican strategy is to simply play victims that suffer at the hands of the evil Democrats?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 25, 2021 12:20 AM

R105 Did he forget he was abusing the court system with his false election fraud cases just the other day? Why is he suddenly a victim?

by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2021 12:28 AM

[quote]Giuliani Blames 'Double Standard Justice System' For Legal Suspension in NY

As opposed to admitting that he's nothing but a corrupt, vile piece of shit who ended his career by kissing Trump's big fat orange ass. And that's what he'll be remembered for, not his time in the sun as "America's Mayor." Suck it up, Rudy. You brought it all on yourself.

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2021 12:29 AM

OP r9 Wilbur Ross's deep corruption has been common knowledge for many years. How could you not be aware of it? You only have to look at his face. He is more evil-looking than Trump or Barr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2021 5:02 AM

R108 If he's that evil, he knows how to deflect attention away from himself to get what he really wants.

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2021 1:23 PM

OP, are you presuming those worthless fuckers had lives to ruin in the first place? If so, our opinions on this subject are sharply divided.

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2021 1:33 PM

There seems to be an unspoken agreement in federal governmentland that we don't put ex-presidents in jail for REASONS, and Trump is personally benefiting from that, but that taboo has never extended to non-presidents.

by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote]There seems to be an unspoken agreement in federal governmentland that we don't put ex-presidents in jail for REASONS,

I don't know if it's an unspoken agreement but to my knowledge we have never had a POTUS that has basically been traitorous towards the nation and Constitution. However... as I'm even writing this... Why wouldn't the framers have NOT thought such a person could rise to power and threaten the nation as such? I mean... it seems that there are those who seem to know what were/are the framers thoughts and intents on anything else.

by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2021 1:54 PM

tRump just waltzed right into the oval office……and fucked anyone he could use for his own gain……they must feel so stupid allowing themselves to be used as tRump’s cum rag

by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2021 2:11 PM

R113, except they apparently don't. They're STILL defending him. It's all "Thank you sir, may I have another" with these morons.

by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2021 2:36 PM

I believe this has all to do with trying to cur Vladimir Putin's favor and be the next one he invests his power and influence to make them the next POTUS and cause even greater chaos for their master and further their own agenda (which cannot interfere with Vlad's agenda)

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2021 3:20 PM

R114 And that is what I don't understand. But if you speak out against him, you a war-mongering RINO who is trying to get a book deal?

by Anonymousreply 116June 28, 2021 1:58 PM

If Rudy's son really cared about his father, he'd have him institutionalized.

by Anonymousreply 117June 28, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote]he questioned whether Kushner "accomplish[ed] peace in the Middle East after all" after tensions between Israel and Hamas erupted into a violent series of airstrikes last month.

I thought the peace deal was between places like Qatar and Israel, ie places that weren’t actively fighting. It had nothing to do with the Palestinian issue. Admittedly I didn’t follow the news.

by Anonymousreply 118June 28, 2021 2:50 PM

They purposely did a big SPLASH of publicity announcing how they had brought peace to the middle east. Even went as far as to rub the fact that so many other presidents had tried but on Kurshner and Trump had been able to finally bring peace and Arabs and Israelis were now conflict free and peace had been brokered by Trump and Co. Just another misinformation campaign by the grifters.

by Anonymousreply 119June 28, 2021 3:52 PM

While I'm DEFINITELY NOT a fan of Trump or his minions I'll give him credit for the Abraham Accords. It's not big but it is big in the sense that it is a step, (rather small), to normalization in the Middle East. From my understanding, basically it's just a means to choke Iran and Palestine. Okay...

The oil countries are losing power and influence due to the "greening" of many countries. Israel is afraid of Iran... and rightly so. Therefore, it made sense for both parties to get over their "whatevers" and join together (and that is debatable) to get along in order to stop the rising influence of Iran and Palestine. What's getting along? Israel can open a few Kosher restaurants in Arab countries and the Arabs will leave them alone. There are other allowable trade agreements but they are really small and pretty much insignificant. Businesses were already getting around the trade restrictions. BUT, while small, at least it is "something" that is a baby step towards normalizing relationships in the entire region. However, R119 is correct... rather I agree with them, that it was more of a massive propaganda campaign than what the deal and results truly mean.

by Anonymousreply 120June 28, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote]While I'm DEFINITELY NOT a fan of Trump or his minions I'll give him credit for the Abraham Accords.

Yeah, no.

by Anonymousreply 121June 28, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]While I'm DEFINITELY NOT a fan of Trump . . .

This is where I stopped reading. This is where I ALWAYS stop reading.

by Anonymousreply 122June 29, 2021 1:50 AM

They're falling apart...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 29, 2021 6:08 PM

Linky stinky, r123

by Anonymousreply 124June 29, 2021 6:38 PM

R123 and R124 I think Kimberley ruined his life more than his dad.

by Anonymousreply 125June 29, 2021 7:24 PM

r125 That's what she does.

by Anonymousreply 126June 29, 2021 7:29 PM

R124, no it’s not. Maybe your phone just sucks.

by Anonymousreply 127June 29, 2021 7:54 PM

The reviews...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 29, 2021 9:53 PM

BOOM! Another one bites the dust!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 8, 2021 11:19 AM

LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2021 9:39 PM

ABANDON SHIP! ABANDON SHIP!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 14, 2021 6:04 PM

Maria Bartiromo

by Anonymousreply 132July 14, 2021 8:35 PM

This was HUGE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133July 21, 2021 12:39 AM

[quote] I'll give him credit for the Abraham Accords

None of these Gulf States that signed the Abraham Accords were ever going to go to war with Israel unless Saudi Arabia did and even now if things were to deteriorate and Saudi Arabia went to war with Israel, these Gulf States would tear up those Accords right away and declare war with Israel also. These Abraham Accords are about as meaningful as as a peace treaty between Andorra and Israel. You know why no administration attempted this before, because it is completely meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 134July 21, 2021 1:54 AM

Same reason broke-ass people keep buying lottery tickets: something good might happen from it. They have no other options.

by Anonymousreply 135July 21, 2021 2:00 AM

Bush is the son of a governor (Jeb Bush), the nephew of a president (George W. Bush), the grandson of a president (George H.W. Bush), and the great grandson of a senator (Prescott Bush).

But circling back to our earlier coverage, George P. Bush, unlike other high-profile members of his family, has gone out of his way to ingratiate himself with Trump, including endorsing his possible 2024 candidacy. Politico recently reported that the former president has noticed the Texan's sycophantic efforts:

"...George P. has played this exactly right, and he's definitely more conservative than his dad, and Trump knows that," said one Trump confidante who discussed the race with him recently. "But I can tell you the president enjoys the prospect of knowing how much it kills Jeb that his son has to bend the knee and kiss the ring. Who's your daddy? Trump loves that."

Child of mine or not, Jeb and Columba should forever ban GP from the family Thanksgiving table! Were his grandmother alive she would have slapped some sense into him. Or... slapped the shit out of him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 27, 2021 1:09 PM

R136 I net George P Bush will dump him once he is elected AG of TX.

by Anonymousreply 137July 27, 2021 1:23 PM

R23...Yet, they still vote GOP....or now, GQP.

by Anonymousreply 138July 27, 2021 5:13 PM

r137, didn't trump endorse his opponent?

by Anonymousreply 139July 27, 2021 6:24 PM

Yes he did, R139.

by Anonymousreply 140July 27, 2021 8:13 PM

Damn that is humiliatingly for George P. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 141July 28, 2021 2:32 AM

[quote]Damn that is humiliatingly for George P. Bush.

And well deserved for sucking up to the dotard.

by Anonymousreply 142July 28, 2021 3:48 AM

The Christianist wingnuts will never admit it, even to themselves, but if there is a Satan, it's clearly Trump. He just destroys everyone around him after holding out all these crazy temptations first. Everyone gets drawn into the web and then shrivels and dies. He actually seems like the perfect Satan come to life. But instead they worship him. Which tells you a lot about modern Evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 143July 28, 2021 4:33 AM

Add George P. Bush to this list. Public humiliation after turning his back on his family, the last real Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 144August 9, 2021 1:46 PM

Rudy Giuliani was destroying his reputation so much that I thought there must at least be money in it for him but for a lawyer it doesn't seem as if it was smart of him to lie about Dominion so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 9, 2021 2:28 PM

R145 his best hope is to melt away before the shit hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 146August 9, 2021 7:29 PM

Poor deluded Rudy must have truly believed he'd be the only Trump lackey who wouldn't get thrown under the bus. He can live out his days knowing that he trashed his own legacy trying to keep a psychotic dictator in power.

by Anonymousreply 147August 9, 2021 7:34 PM

TRUMP will return.

by Anonymousreply 148August 10, 2021 3:36 PM

R148 obviously not a rocket scientist. Or any scientist. In fact, someone check for a brain, please. I think he’s missing one.

by Anonymousreply 149August 10, 2021 3:44 PM

OH, SNAP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 11, 2021 10:39 PM

This is good. It really, REALLY, is good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 31, 2021 6:25 PM

Trump is love

by Anonymousreply 152September 1, 2021 3:27 PM

They ruined their lives because they were probably blackmailed by Russia and have their deep dark secrets.

by Anonymousreply 153September 1, 2021 3:30 PM

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon indicted by federal grand jury for contempt of Congress

WASHINGTON — Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon was indicted by a federal grand jury Friday, charged with contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions from the House Committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

The indictment is a first. No one has been prosecuted before for contempt of Congress when executive privilege was asserted. The past cases involved defendants whose testimony was sought regarding their government service. Bannon, by contrast, left his White House job in 2017, well before the period of interest to the House committee.

He was charged Friday with two contempt counts — one for refusing to appear for a deposition and another for declining to produce documents requested by the committee.

If convicted, Bannon could face up to a year behind bars and a fine of up to $100,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 12, 2021 10:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!