Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will you donate to Brett Butler’s GoFundMe?

From Grace Under Fire to Grace under a bridge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 21, 2021 4:52 PM

I thought she was a psychic now.

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2021 3:21 AM

And how are people supposed to know that this is an actual friend of hers?

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2021 3:22 AM

There was a DLer who was an old friend of hers, back when she was with her abusive ex. I’ve always liked her, I hope things get better.

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2021 3:39 AM

Holy fuk! Is this for real? How did she lose all her TV series millions?

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2021 3:39 AM

She'll just use the money to buy more booze. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2021 3:42 AM

I don't trust this GoFundMe effort, either.

GRACE UNDER FIRE ran for 5 seasons in the 90s. Inexplicable to me, as I couldn't stand Butler or her show; her acting made Roseanne look like Streep by comparison. But she must have earned millions on it. And she hasn't stopped working completely: she had a bit part on THE MORNING SHOW with Jen and Reese.

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2021 3:50 AM

$365 so far!

If Butler is struggling now, some (many?) would call it karmic payback for being such a psychotic, abusive bitch back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote] psychotic, abusive bitch

I think the word you're looking for is "cunt."

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2021 3:57 AM

I heard she was taking care of elderly animals. I hope they’re all okay.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2021 3:58 AM

NOT one red cent!

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2021 4:00 AM

She was on The Walking Dead for a couple of seasons.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2021 4:08 AM

She plays Reese Witherspoon's mom on The Morning Show, which just started shooting a second season. All she needs is for them to write her into a couple scenes.

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2021 4:11 AM

Then Reese can go fund her!

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2021 4:18 AM

I'd rather donate to a GoFundMe for John Waters to make a final masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2021 4:24 AM

R6 She blew through all that money.

10 years ago, she was actually homeless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2021 4:30 AM

It’s kind of hard to feel sorry for someone who not only had millions of dollars at one time and blew through it all, but treated her coworkers like dirt.

Maybe she’s changed….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2021 4:33 AM

She could make money by doing a live reading of that trainwreck final Grace Under Fire episode where she barely could speak. Poor Julia Duffy was the guest star and ended up carrying the thing quite professionally.

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2021 4:44 AM

Frankly my dear, get a real damn job.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2021 4:50 AM

There's always that fall back- sell some pussy.

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2021 5:18 AM

She flashed her cooter to a 13 year old boy when that show was on the air. How did she stay out of prison?

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2021 5:32 AM

that crappy old sitcom of hers is on Laff tv all the time. Doesn't she get any residuals from that?

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2021 7:38 AM

Agree r6. It's hard to believe she doesn't have one or two million tucked into a conservative investment account. She would have to be the world's biggest fuckup to spend all her money. Booze isn't that expensive.

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2021 7:44 AM

Her show was shit then I heard she was a drunk and flashed or made a pass at a young boy... so I canceled her in my mind long ago. What actually went down with this honky? (Besides being dead broke)

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2021 8:15 AM

This is sad. I still watch her sitcom in reruns. I knew she had addictions, but had no idea she was such a prima donna on her show. I hope she can pull herself together and find some happiness in her senior years.

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2021 8:28 AM

Drugs not just sweet booze

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2021 8:39 AM

I'm surprised she hasn't just found some rich old dude to live off but I guess I can respect that.

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2021 8:46 AM

What is her story? She is 63 and looks, in full makeup and flattering lighting, like a 70 year old bar floozy. She has worked steadily for decades. Homeless?

by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2021 9:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2021 10:39 AM

[quote] She is 63 and looks, in full makeup and flattering lighting, like a 70 year old bar floozy.

She looked like that even in her prime.

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2021 1:15 PM

I wonder if her Deplorable fans will send her cash if they see that she exposed herself to a child? You know how strongly they feel about rape.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2021 1:44 PM

Brett always knew where to find the booze - and the boys!

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2021 1:44 PM

I'm in for a buck.

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2021 1:54 PM

Take all of your 'struggles' and go back and do stand-up. Her old act had quite a few references about her abusive first marriage.

Tap into the past 20 years. Plus add some Hollywood dirt and dish!

Personally, I'd like to see stand up from an older woman's perspective - and not just Kathy Griffin. She's way ahead of most people as she has name recognition and could get booked just on that alone.

She's sitting on a goldmine if she would get off her ass and do something about it.

by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2021 1:55 PM

she seems to have been getting work -

2012–2014 Anger Management Brett 38 episodes 2015–2017 The Leftovers Sandy Episodes: "No Room at the Inn" + "Don't Be Ridiculous" 2016 How to Get Away with Murder[27] Trishelle Pratt Episode 35: "It's About Frank" Episode 36: "Is Someone Really Dead?" Episode 39: "Who's Dead?"[28] 2018–2019 The Walking Dead Tammy Rose Sutton 6 episodes 2019 The Morning Show Sandy Jackson 3 episodes

by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2021 2:09 PM

She always came across as a hillbilly truck driver in drag.

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2021 2:38 PM

She was on The Walking Dead, so she can make a few dollars once they start having conventions again.

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2021 2:58 PM

After reading that EW article above, I wondered what happened to the kid she flashed.

He committed suicide in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2021 3:03 PM

That's horrible, R37. I hope Butler acknowledges her abuse and creating a hostile work environment, but I sincerely doubt she's even capable of that.

I would never, ever let a child of mine work as in film, TV, or modeling. It's just a doorway to all kinds of abuse at the hands of others.

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2021 3:23 PM

If I were Grace I would be reluctant to acknowledge that exposing my tits may have led to someone shooting himself in the head 25 years later!

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2021 3:33 PM

I'm so embarrassed for her. I mean, you can get cheap booze. Blowing through all the cash you made from headlining a sitcom is pretty pathetic. Can she do Cameo vids?

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2021 3:42 PM

Perhaps he was a sister?

It always arouses great suspicia amongst us when a 13 year old is NOT into breast exposure no matter how foul the fish.

by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2021 3:45 PM

What happened to her exactly? I remember her having this show and then it just suddenly being gone.

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2021 3:45 PM

I think she was addicted to painkillers as well as alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2021 3:48 PM

I have a friend into online occult communities and he's retweeted this Lon Strickler guy a couple of times, if he's a fake he's been faking being Brett's friend for a while. I can't figure out how Brett could be broke, though, like others posted she's had relatively steady work.

by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2021 3:55 PM

What could she have spent all her money on? Booze is not that expensive.

by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2021 3:58 PM

She didn’t flash her cooter, she flashed her new titties.

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2021 4:02 PM

I’m sorry to say that when someone has blown through that kind of money, there are mental health and addiction issues.

In my experience, that much money disappears from a sick person because they were swindled in bad “investments”. I knew a lovely person who inherited two modest fortunes and a beautiful piece of valuable property. She trusted the wrong people who “invested” her money for her. Fortunately, one of the annuities was legit, so she had something to leave her (exasperated) only heir. They bought a house in an up-and-coming community and seem to be doing okay.

She was emotionally vulnerable and soft-hearted to a fault — and an inveterate alcoholic. (She only drank wine, so she didn’t think she had a problem). I watched her (along with her heir) swat away the truly loyal people who told her what she didn’t want to hear, while she embraced the smooth talkers who took from her. She was also an animal lover, which was one of her Achilles heels.

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2021 4:04 PM

Jon Paul Steuer

MY NAME IS JON PAUL STEUER.

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2021 4:07 PM

Nope, since you asked.

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2021 4:23 PM

From Steuer's Wiki

[quote]she lifted her skirt and flashed her breasts in front of Steuer

Them's some pretty low hanging tatas.

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2021 4:39 PM

I detest E-beggars.

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2021 4:54 PM

She looks like Terrence Stamp in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2021 4:59 PM

Her solace is that she has the kind, forgiving and generous folks of Hollywood to fall back on....oh, fuck.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2021 5:16 PM

I was never a big fan of her sitcom (did love Julie White, though) but wayyyyyyy back in the day I listened to her autobiography on a long road trip and it was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2021 5:21 PM

She is a bitch, she hates women. I remember when she went on the tonight show to brag about her new bolt-ons.

by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2021 5:22 PM

Danny Zuker, who wrote for Roseanne, Grace, and later Modern Family, said on Julie Klausner’s podcast that Grace was an even crazier set than Roseanne and that Brett was “a monster.” He said she would regularly open her robe and flash her beave at him.

by Anonymousreply 56June 17, 2021 5:26 PM

The contributions are rising astronomically. At this rate, she'll be able to afford an addition to her current cardboard box.

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2021 5:27 PM

Someone should put her in contact with Brendad Ickson...she could probably use a roommate right now, with all her condo issues.

by Anonymousreply 58June 17, 2021 5:29 PM

She should apply for SNAP for food, get on Medicaid, and get on waiting lists for Section 8 housing. She should also apply for a job at a store or restaurant if she needs work.

by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote] She'll just use the money to buy more booze. Hard pass.

Wise advice, thanks R5

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2021 5:35 PM

I read she was a prima donna and had to take her own chartered private jet instead of flying with the other cast members doing a show with the Drew Carey show. Drew's crew had t-shirts made later that said I Survived Brett Butler.

by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2021 5:37 PM

R61 Yes. It’s mentioned in the article I posted at R16….

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2021 5:39 PM

Now that Ellen is not working, maybe she and Brett can collaborate on a new show on ABC. You know, a new cornerstone for a revamping of ABC's TGIF line-up.

Brett and Ellen could play a couple of raging alcoholics who are washed up in the entertainment business. Each week we could follow their zany adventures as they create havoc at an AA meeting. Liza and Jon Hamm might be interested in cameo appearances.

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2021 6:06 PM

As someone above mentioned, why doesn’t she get on Cameo?

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2021 6:32 PM

[quote] As someone above mentioned, why doesn’t she get on Cameo?

Because at $0.99 it’s going to take a shit load of Cameos to make any difference, and then there may only be 6 people willing to pay for that. $5.94 doesn’t go as far as it used to.

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2021 7:39 PM

She could do videos on youtube like Lady Colin but trash everybody in Hollywood. I'd watch that every damn day.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2021 8:27 PM

Check out who this Len Strickler is. This is some kinda scam; I knew it as soon as I saw "Fortean researcher". If you really wanna waste your money, why not buy a boat?

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2021 8:38 PM

I don't see how she could be so broke to the point she couldn't even afford an apartment. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the money she earned in the past is gone, but she worked enough to draw a decent SAG pension along with residuals (although those probably aren't that much these days), they should be enough to cover rent and basic necessities.

by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2021 9:35 PM

The show is in reruns on that low budget antenna channel Laff. Somehow I doubt the residuals are that much.

But yeah, she should have a decent SAG pension.

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2021 9:44 PM

John Tartaglia of Avenue Q gave her (or scammer Lon) $200 per the GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote]I’m sorry to say that when someone has blown through that kind of money, there are mental health and addiction issues.

Allan Ball said that as difficult as it was working with her, he felt sorry for her, because there was clearly mental health issues going on.

She was in the business a while before Grace Under Fire. She wrote for Dolly Parton's variety show and did the obligatory rite of passage appearances on Johnny Carson.

by Anonymousreply 71June 17, 2021 10:02 PM

Now this makes me want to listen Brett Butler's episode of the Carson Podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 17, 2021 10:03 PM

We are in a hiring crunch. There are plenty of JOBS available.

by Anonymousreply 73June 17, 2021 10:34 PM

She’s has said herself that nobody from the show will talk to her or have anything to do with her. It must have been BAD.

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2021 12:03 AM

I think the goal by 1996 was to get the show to 100 episodes for syndication. She was like Roseanne I that she had a first rate supporting cast to make up for her lack of experience.

by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2021 12:39 AM

[quote]I think the goal by 1996 was to get the show to 100 episodes for syndication.

The show ended with 112 shows.

The first 3 seasons of her sitcom were good, but it lost its way by Season 4, and the 5th was just terrible. I hated when they brought on the black guy with the whiney voice and when they brought on Julia Duffy’s character.

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2021 1:10 AM

Whether she fit in or not, Julia Duffy is a complete three-camera comedy pro, and I'm sure they added her in an attempt to provide some ballast to Brett's increasingly unhinged performances.

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2021 1:12 AM

Bitch needs to man up. DL is full of drunks, lushes and those with questionable drug habits. You don't see most of us on the streets, honey.

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2021 1:17 AM

R77 She sucked on GUF and she sucked on Designing Women.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2021 1:18 AM

Maybe she could host Jeopardy?

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2021 1:20 AM

I still want to know if she’s actually tried applying for “regular” jobs.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2021 1:27 AM

Living under a bridge? What a loser

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2021 1:29 AM

This is the final episode of Grace Under Fire, the show was abruptly cancelled either right before or right after this due to Brett Butler's insane behavior. She is so obviously impaired here, it's surprising they even let her go in front of the cameras.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2021 1:39 AM

I remember watching that, R83, and wondering what the hell was up with her hair.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2021 1:44 AM

Brett should do autograph shows.

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote]This is the final episode of Grace Under Fire, the show was abruptly cancelled either right before or right after this due to Brett Butler's insane behavior. She is so obviously impaired here, it's surprising they even let her go in front of the cameras.

It was so bad that the episode they managed to cobble together actually was a few minutes too short.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2021 1:51 AM

Remember when she reportedly threw a soda can at an executive producer and the producer reportedly requested bodyguards afterwards?😳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2021 1:53 AM

Brett Butler net worth $10 million.

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2021 2:17 AM

Who the hell is Brett Butler?!?

by Anonymousreply 89June 18, 2021 2:19 AM

She played Mykalas Adopted Mom on "How to Get Away with Murder"............But this does smell fishy to me.....

by Anonymousreply 90June 18, 2021 2:27 AM

No , I did not care for Gone With the Wind.

by Anonymousreply 91June 18, 2021 2:29 AM

Embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 92June 18, 2021 2:48 AM

Be Cautious when donating-------->>>THIS guy raised money LAST year for a baby he was not related to.......HIS MUGSHOT is on Smoking Gun....He once went to an Oklahoma gay park to film "gay sinners" and post it on YouTube...He calls himself a "commercial activist"---which (presumably) is making MONEY off "activism"..?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 18, 2021 2:49 AM

R93 = Here is his fundraiser for an UNNAMED BABY he is not related to?....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2021 2:51 AM

Radar picked up the story. If it’s not true, neither Brett nor her reps have denied it, though I don’t know if she even has reps? I can see there being no Grace money left - it’s been a long time, and she could have blown the money on just living expenses alone in that time, or living excessively, even in Georgia. And how much would she have made from her most recent acting gigs, after fees and taxes, that wouldn’t get spent on taxes, debts, general living, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2021 3:18 PM

Like R76 wrote, the first three seasons were brilliant but deteriorated so fast. It was the first time I was happy a favorite show was canceled. Seeing Brett like that was painful.

I remember reading that Dave Thomas and Brett ad-libbed so many of their scenes together that writers were pissed at them.

by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2021 4:25 PM

She was a very funny stand-up. Her sitcom bore no relation to her real life, she was a very sharp, intelligent woman from the South who moved to NYC and had a very biting wit and a camp sensibility. Her sitcom was basically a clone of Roseanne except she was a single mother, it just didn't fit her life or persona at all. Things were different back then, today she would've had a sitcom that was more true to the person she actually was, would've been a lot funnier and it would be on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 97June 18, 2021 4:28 PM

R83: Wow. That was unwatchable. And that theme “song” was so bad, Ricky Schroder should protest it.

by Anonymousreply 98June 18, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote]And that theme “song” was so bad, Ricky Schroder should protest it.

Original theme song they used the first few seasons was much better, to the point, and didn’t have lyrics. I hated the theme song they switched to.

by Anonymousreply 99June 18, 2021 5:04 PM

Grace Under Fire reruns are shown on the LAFF channel during the week. There should be some residual checks heading her way. I watched a few episodes while working from home. FWIW, the ex-mother-in-law was funnier than Grace.

by Anonymousreply 100June 18, 2021 5:24 PM

[quote]Original theme song they used the first few seasons was much better, to the point, and didn’t have lyrics. I hated the theme song they switched to.

The original theme song was "Lady Madonna," by the Beatles. I'm sure they couldn't afford to pay for the rights to use it for reruns.

by Anonymousreply 101June 18, 2021 5:26 PM

Did Carsey Werner ever make a sitcom not centered around a sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 102June 18, 2021 5:48 PM

R93/94 that’s not the same guy raising money for Brett butler.

by Anonymousreply 103June 18, 2021 6:06 PM

Julie White was great on GUF

by Anonymousreply 104June 18, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote]He said she would regularly open her robe and flash her beave at him.

They should have called the show [italic]Leave It To My Beaver[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 105June 18, 2021 6:22 PM

A drug addict and alcoholic with a horrible reputation in Hollywood ending up broke is not exactly a rare occurence..

by Anonymousreply 106June 18, 2021 7:20 PM

Julie White was so fed up with Butler's crazy that she quit the show. It's not every day an actor quits a hit show and the big paychecks it provides. Butler must've been psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 107June 18, 2021 8:32 PM

Some people just can't handle success and go batshit crazy. It's like they feel they don't deserve it and will do everything they can to derail themselves. Doubly so when you come from nothing.

by Anonymousreply 108June 18, 2021 9:47 PM

[quote]She is so obviously impaired here, it's surprising they even let her go in front of the cameras.

Really? She's hitting her marks. Not stumbling or fumbling her lines. Eyes seemed focus and clear. Decent facial expressions.

And no, I'm not Butler.

by Anonymousreply 109June 18, 2021 10:35 PM

R109, she looks like they picked her up off the floor, gave her a bunch of coffee, threw her in the shower, and literally sent her out with her hair still wet. They said it was difficult to piece together enough of what was filmed to cobble together an episode. Who knows how many takes were involved?

by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2021 12:00 AM

R103 = No he is not...I was pointing out that ANYONE can ask for money. And anyone donating should always be cautious---And that was a perfect example....If you saw R94 you might think that is a worthy cause. But the person who created it R93 has a mugshot online---which he did NOT bother to mention in his crowd funding gig. I wonder how many donated and did not know about his mugshot. I also wonder WHERE THE MONEY WENT for his crowd funding. Over the years he has created multiple websites asking for donations. Doesn't mention THAT online either. I went to school in Oklahoma and believe me people are well aware of this guy. Once he even created a website to "clean up" a local gay park (Trosper Park) because he was offended. The point is---if you feel like giving---investigate who and what you are giving to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2021 12:28 AM

[quote] She flashed her cooter to a 13 year old boy when that show was on the air. How did she stay out of prison?

The same reason Paula Poundstone got off scot-free after allegedly going down on her daughter: Rich White Female Privilege!

Can't get that image out of my head! 😳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2021 12:38 AM

The accusations against Paula Poundstone were proven to be false.

by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2021 12:39 AM

[quote] The same reason Paula Poundstone got off scot-free after allegedly going down on her daughter: Rich White Female Privilege!

It's Paula's adopted daughter. Just like Soon-Yi.

R112 shut up about white privilege, Karen. You just troll while your hair is being styled in a Dyson vacuum cannister.

by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote] They said it was difficult to piece together enough of what was filmed to cobble together an episode.

"They" being?

Having lived with an addict and being one myself, you tend to know when someone is fine and not. I stand by my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2021 12:51 AM

I've always confused Brett Butler with Park Overall.

by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2021 12:51 AM

We want to give to Dawn Wells instead, and she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote]Julie White was so fed up with Butler's crazy that she quit the show.

But Cousin Sven stuck it out for the duration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2021 12:54 AM

The guy who played Russell did not enjoy working with her either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2021 1:26 AM

R117 Was there a gofundme for Dawn's funeral?

by Anonymousreply 120June 19, 2021 2:27 AM

If you check out the GFM now, there is a message from Brett.

by Anonymousreply 121June 19, 2021 6:32 AM

Dawn was buried at sea.

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2021 6:45 AM

What a calculating grifter. If he doesn't know her, what can BB do? Claim to not need the money? Of course she does. If she kicks up a fuss, split it with her.

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2021 11:54 AM

I thought that was Shannon r122?

by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2021 5:41 PM

so who here has donated?

by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2021 5:55 PM

Her voice could calve an iceberg.

by Anonymousreply 126June 19, 2021 6:58 PM

R126- She sounds like a trucker who has had a four pack a day camel unfiltered cigarette habit for thirty years.

by Anonymousreply 127June 19, 2021 7:01 PM

Wasn't she on My Name Is Earl?

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2021 12:39 PM

r128 She was in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2021 6:31 PM

Donate to a person who squandered millions of dollars & sabotaged a promising career when she should have been investing in her own sobriety & future well-being? Fuck no! Absolutely not! If anyone who's thinking of giving this person one cent you should consider donating to a shelter or local organization that helps people who never had a large bank account to exploit before they lost what little had to addiction or mental illness. It's unfortunate that Butler has fallen on such hard times, but at one time she had limitless resources & access to the best rehabilitation available & is now asking for public funding? Again, fuck no.

by Anonymousreply 130June 21, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote]Was there a gofundme for Dawn's funeral?

Those who donated $500 got a coconut.

by Anonymousreply 131June 21, 2021 3:00 AM

It has kind of stalled out at nearly 10,500 (goal is 15k) The guy who started this thing is a bit pushy which is a fucking turn off. His last update was beating the drum to get to goal over the last weekend. Hey buddy, you do know that with Gofundme you can withdraw the money accrued at any time, right?

Something about this smells; and no, for once, it's not me.

by Anonymousreply 132June 30, 2021 3:30 AM

R132 = I think you are right....Brett Butler could pull in 5 grand (at least) for an "exclusive" interview with People Magazine or Inside Edition. And yet she is being interviewed no where?...That is odd for someone who needs money. Yes I know she "supposedly" commented online but I also wonder what kind of physical shape she is in that she is no where to be seen. Before I would even consider giving a dime I would have to see her on television so I wouldn't have to worry about donating to a DOPE or DRUNK....

by Anonymousreply 133June 30, 2021 4:01 AM

r133 How do we know it is really HER commenting? Or does GFM somehow vet that?

by Anonymousreply 134June 30, 2021 4:07 AM

Uh Oh.....ANOTHER fundraiser for Brett Butler? From LAST YEAR?.....To "save the farm" for Brett?....Now I am confused...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 30, 2021 4:11 AM

R135 I think we’re on to something…

by Anonymousreply 136June 30, 2021 4:13 AM

Uh Oh Scooby-Doos......Is THIS the same guy who created the Crowdfund?....(VIDEO LINK).....He lost me when he started talking about BIG FOOT...........Also I read online that some of Brett Butlers Social Media accounts have been inactive for YEARS (2018)....Why would the guy who created the gofund account NOT make a video of himself (and Brett) to post online?....He is all over YT talking about Moth Men and Monsters and Phantoms--so he clearly knows HOW to post videos.......WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 30, 2021 4:23 AM

The save the farm one is from 2020. They only raised about 1000.

Great point R137 though she might be too fucked up/fucked up looking to want to be on camera. Still, if you want people to shell out, go ahead and look bad. Never scared her before.

Hinky city, baby.

by Anonymousreply 138June 30, 2021 5:35 AM

Lucy doing a Go Fund Me for Joan Crawford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 30, 2021 9:57 PM

Over 10,800 dollars donated and not a single "THANK YOU" from Brett Butler. Not even a "Happy 4th"....Interesting....Was this a scam? Was anyone here stupid enough to donate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 5, 2021 7:37 AM

Maybe she’s pissed that she didn’t get the full $15,000.

by Anonymousreply 141July 5, 2021 7:42 AM

R141 = Maybe she didn't get a dime of ANY of the money collected.

by Anonymousreply 142July 5, 2021 8:51 AM

In two years she can collect Social Security and her union benefits.

by Anonymousreply 143July 5, 2021 9:29 AM

She and Scott Rudin should hang out,

by Anonymousreply 144July 21, 2021 3:24 PM

Brett Butler? Who’s had him?

by Anonymousreply 145July 21, 2021 3:32 PM

If she cant even get like an appearance on a game show or something she must've burned a lot of bridges.

by Anonymousreply 146July 21, 2021 4:12 PM

The Hollywood Reporter just did a story on this and her rise and fall, comeback and recent trobles. She was 6 months behind on her apartment rent in LA. She has been suffering from pretty bad depression too. Its a worthwhile read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 19, 2021 8:25 PM

Yeah but people don’t like that old beaver. They instead want that fresh, young, tender beaver.

by Anonymousreply 148August 19, 2021 8:31 PM

Holy crap.

[quote]Butler made about $25 million on Grace Under Fire, a fortune she piddled away on what she refers to as “profligate” spending and financial carelessness. “I was a little bit too trusting with some people that worked for me, and I had a lot of things stolen,” she says. “That’s just stupid on my part, not to have insurance for those things. And to loan and give a lot of money away. I really just felt so guilty for having it — I almost couldn’t get rid of it fast enough.”

$25 freaking million.

by Anonymousreply 149August 19, 2021 9:06 PM

She’s a pedophile too who came on to and flashed the NINE year old actor who played her son, her breasts

If a male had done that to a nine year old girl, or even worse a nine year old boy, he’d be crucified for it and never work again

Female priveledge strikes again

by Anonymousreply 150August 19, 2021 9:09 PM

R150 = Is that the same kid who committed suicide from her show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 19, 2021 10:07 PM

R151 yup

by Anonymousreply 152August 19, 2021 10:09 PM

I gave the bitch five dollars.

by Anonymousreply 153August 20, 2021 12:24 AM

[quote]Butler finally got sober in July 1998 — “I should not have lived through 1998, honestly” — and insists she has not touched drugs or alcohol since. The journey to recovery was an incredibly trying one, and wounds persist. “In sobriety, people make amends,” she says. “And my list was exceptionally long. I called one particular person, and she said, ‘Oh, you want to apologize? Well don’t bother. I forgive you. But there’s something I’ve always wanted to tell you: There’s nothing that special about you.’ I could tell how long she’d been waiting to tell me that. I wanted to blurt out, ‘Yeah, people always go on drug-fueled death rampages because they think they’re really special.’ ”

Let me echo her old colleague's sentiment. Brett Butler, you may be a self-destructive addict in recovery (or not). But there's nothing that special about you.

What you were was lucky.

by Anonymousreply 154August 20, 2021 3:12 AM

That THR piece is good but it does gloss over the severity of her behavior a bit. She sexually harassed a child actor.

by Anonymousreply 155August 20, 2021 3:18 AM

R159, female what?

Your male privilege enabled your undoubtedly financially remunerative career when you can barely read and write.

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 156August 20, 2021 3:20 AM

R37 I remember the first kid playing the role was like 10. Then, they replaced him with a hot 18 year old studbro.

by Anonymousreply 157August 20, 2021 3:33 AM

GET A JOB

by Anonymousreply 158August 20, 2021 4:00 AM

Granny porn has become very chic again. Shave that cooter and get to mov’n, Brett!

by Anonymousreply 159August 20, 2021 4:06 AM

I wonder if the person she apologized to was Julie White.

by Anonymousreply 160August 20, 2021 4:07 AM

R156 fuck off, because I accidentally typed in the spelling on ONE word wrong

The fact remains, she sexually harassed a nine year old boy, who years later would ultimately commit suicide

Just imagine a male actor doing that, not going to jail, and still working in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 161August 20, 2021 8:51 AM

Go peddle your MRA crap on Kiwi Farms.

The same system that made it inadvisable (to put it politely) for girls to report when actors, producers or directors were inappropriate, also made it inadvisable for boys to do the same. This was especially true back in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 162August 20, 2021 9:06 AM

Excuse me, Miss. But I have problems of me own.

by Anonymousreply 163August 20, 2021 9:09 AM

I don't know much about the guy who posted her GFM, but there's a pretty big online community interested in local legends and cryptids, and they often don't believe in those creatures at all. It's basically a casual sociocultural interest in modern American mythology.

At first glance this Lon Strickler guy seems more like the "Ghost Hunters" type of dude, rather than someone interested in myths, but I'm not interested enough in him to dig deeper.

by Anonymousreply 164August 20, 2021 9:11 AM

Strickler is from Mt. Pleasant, PA - one of the dumbest places in the entire country outside of the south.

by Anonymousreply 165August 20, 2021 5:23 PM

Did she write her sitcom scripts? I remember, and had forgotten until I read the HW article, thinking that Brett Butler's character was the first depiction of a working class person who reads Emily Dickinson.

I had the same experience when I watched Raised By Wolves (the C Moran comedy): poor and smart. Not the patronizing version (custodian solves the math problem), but genuine regular person with a vocabulary and they aren't odd-man-out for it.

by Anonymousreply 166August 21, 2021 4:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!