Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FAT WHORES, REJOICE! A GLUT FOR GLUTTONS!

Girl Scout Cookie Season may have come and gone, but their cookie surplus is available on-line!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2021 2:53 AM

Damn you, OP! I didn't need to know this.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2021 3:18 PM

This just made me realize - I never say any Girl Scouts selling cookies this year. I did last year a couple times.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2021 3:24 PM

OP, could you please link to a news source that is not registration-required AND paywalled? TYVM.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2021 3:25 PM

Looks like you can only order cookies to be donated ... somewhere. You can't buy any to stuff into your own maw.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2021 3:34 PM

Call me a crank - but I'm tired of this grift every year. This organization makes close to $200 million (not total sales - just their share) from this overpriced cookie drive.

The rest of the money goes to Keebler/Kelloggs. The CEO of Girl Scouts makes close to $700,000 a year.

Where does $200 million go to? That's a considerable budget for a volunteer organization and with 2 million girl scouts.

This has to be a cash cow for Keebler/Kelloggs. How much does Keebler/Kelloggs donate to this organization?

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2021 3:45 PM

Actually hon R5, that comes to about $100 per Scout per year. They have activities, do things, make things. It costs money.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2021 3:48 PM

I used to order a couple boxes, freeze one for later, and eat one.

The quality has gone down so far that they're not worth the calories anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2021 3:52 PM

"What if I, ummm, wanted to donate, ummm, several hundred boxes to the Chrissy Metz Snack Purse Foundation? Oh yes, it's a very real 501 lb, I mean, 501 C non-profit...but they do just prefer the Samoa cookies, please. And maybe a few dozen boxes of the Tagalongs as well, if I could trouble you for that request."

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2021 3:56 PM

The boxes have gotten so tiny and so expensive. What are they doing with all the money??

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2021 4:01 PM

For cheapskate R3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2021 4:02 PM

R6 - I know, I can do math. I'm just saying they've had a good run - we can choose to support other organizations. Meanwhile, $600 million goes into the Keebler/Kellogg's pockets.

Scouts have always been a white, middle-class organization the vast majority of whose parents can afford extra fees.

And don't get me started on the Boy Scouts and them kicking out gay Eagle scouts and other gay adults, while hiding sexual abuse cases for decades.

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2021 4:04 PM

They keep scaling down the size of the cookies and the boxes.

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2021 4:06 PM

They suck now. One day I bought some from a table they’d set up outside a subway station. My niece wanted to try some new flavor (s’mores, I think), and they were so bad, not even her teenage brother and his friends would eat them. The Thin Mints weren’t especially good, either.

And now you can buy knockoffs year-round that are just as good or better. Or make your own Samoas, which were the ones I really loved. (Samoas are much smaller now, too!)

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2021 4:07 PM

Go to Aldi. They have knock-offs of the most popular GS cookies for less than $1.50 a box.

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2021 4:11 PM

I’m going to Dollar General for my knockoffs and I hope they haven’t set up outside to empty my pockets!

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2021 4:16 PM

Yeah, you can buy knockoffs of the only two good ones, Samoas and Thin Mints, any time you want in the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2021 4:25 PM

Here would be a good opportunity for a tax-dodging billionaire to buy up the remaining cookies and give them to food banks.

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2021 4:25 PM

R15, I love the Thin Mints and you are right the Dollar Tree version of 9 oz for a $1 is just as good as the Girl Scout version.

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2021 4:30 PM

Ethel (into phone): Yes, this is Dorothea…Dorothea…

Lucy (whispers to Ethel): Wolbert.

Ethel (into phone): Wolbert. (Incredulous to Lucy) Wolbert?!

Lucy smacks Ethel’s shoulder repeatedly.

Ethel (into phone) Wolbert! Wolbert! Yes, from The Ladies’ Overseas Aid — we’re a very worthy organization and we’d simply LOVE it if you could send over some of your delicious cooki…Oh, you’ve heard of us? (Panicked, to Lucy) She’s heard of us!

Lucy smacks Ethel’s shoulder again, then points to the receiver.

Ethel: Yes, well, of course you’ve heard of us! We’re Ladies, who love eating cookies overseas, and BOY do we need aid!

Lucy nods approvingly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2021 4:51 PM

I remember getting Keebler's Grasshopper mint cookies that filled the void until it was time for Girl Scout Cookies again. A few years ago I bought a box of Thin Mints and thought they were gross so I went back to the Grasshoppers. To my delight I saw they now make a Samoa-type cookie as well. I hope they come out with a Tagalong one next. Those also taste horrible now.

by Anonymousreply 20June 16, 2021 5:07 PM

Well, I tried to order but it seems cookie season is over in Arizona. Something is strange.

by Anonymousreply 21June 16, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote]Looks like you can only order cookies to be donated ... somewhere. You can't buy any to stuff into your own maw.

Yes, I'm sure your favorite charity would like a few thousand boxes of expired cookies.

by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2021 5:45 PM

R11, you give away your Troll when you criticize the Girl Scouts for having mostly white members. It's not the fault of the white Girl Scouts that they're white, or girls. Stop trying to jam race invidiousness into every conversation.

R21, I believe there never was a cookie season this year, due to covid.

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2021 7:29 PM

Fat whore Aldi trolls -- they have knockoffs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2021 7:34 PM

Couldn't be happier to be a fat whore overseas.

Keep your glut over there. I need to keep my feet for summer reopenings.

by Anonymousreply 25June 16, 2021 7:37 PM

Do you remove your feet come winter?

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2021 8:58 PM

R23 - giving a criticism is not trolling - and did you see when I called myself a crank?

There is a point of discussion that people buy all these cookies for a middle-class or UMC organization with primarily a middle class and UMC white population.

Girl scout fees are $10 per child. That's extremely low - and perhaps kept low with these cookie sales. But are more lower class girls of all races joining scouts because of it?

If everything in our culture is open to a review, then this is on the table too. Girls baking cookies. Corporations making extreme profits from these sales. Money being funneled into an organization with a history of gay discrimination towards both members and volunteers.

When 4 out of every 5 dollars in this sale goes into Keebler's pockets, I would argue there should be better ways of fundraising where the group can retain a larger percentage of the fundraising. Keeping only 20-25% of a fundraising project is a poor value.

Yet people just go along with it like some sort of duty. Yeah - some of the cookies are good, but this is a corporate scam.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote] Looks like you can only order cookies to be donated ... somewhere. You can't buy any to stuff into your own maw.

Why can’t we form a circuit where we order and donate them to each other??

#WhoWillStand/RollWithMe?

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2021 4:33 PM

I have always DETESTED those ugly little girls' terrible and thin cookies! Whenever they rang the doorbell at our house standing there in those silly brownie uniforms, I'd always open the door and then quickly slam it shut right in their faces, ha ha!!

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2021 2:54 AM

I agree with prior posters. These cookies are not worth the calories.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2021 4:03 AM

"Go to Aldi. They have knock-offs of the most popular GS cookies for less than $1.50 a box."

We the Ho Explorers and we got your cookies right here, baby. A buck fifty a pop and you get all the thin mint you need, bitch. That's right. Gimme that coin. Baby got to earn her badge!

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2021 4:29 AM

Future Fraus of America.

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2021 5:32 AM

R27 / R11, when your critique is about the race of the Girl Scout child members, you're stirring up race-bating nonsense. You could have left it out and retained your crank credentials.

There's plenty to complain about, like the near 7-figure salaries for executives, and the large percentage of money that goes to the companies that make the cookies. You could have stopped there.

When I went to kindergarten, 90% of the US was white. nearly 10% was black. About 0.1% were of other races. It was what it was. There has been huge demographic change in this country in a few decades. It's not meaningful to call out children for their race in this situation. The Girl Scouts are not a white supremacy organization. They are not tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

In many cases, the lack of minority participation in US institutions is not because racist whites are keeping them out. It's because the minorities have no experience with these institutions, and consequently don't engage or do so reluctantly. That's not the white man's fault. I'd even make the argument that this bolsters the criticism that many of our new immigrants are here strictly for economic reasons, and don't care to participate in American life and institutions.

Reminds me of how years ago I did literacy and GED education for mostly Mexicans. But the few adult language classes they had all charged money to attend. The notion of people working to help others for free was not something they cared to consider.

What the trolls are doing these days is a troll sandwich like yours: They make a troll statement sandwiched between a couple other anodyne phrases. When called out on their race-bating, they deflect and point to the other things they said, rather than the thing they were called out on.

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2021 4:05 PM

They need to teach those little bitches what ‘No Soliciting’ means.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2021 1:25 PM

I was really surprised at this news because I didn't think the Girl Scouts were even really selling cookies this year. Our local Girl Scout division had one or two sales in person in towns about an hour away from here, then posted a "wow thanks for a great cookie season!" post and stopped selling them altogether. You couldn't buy any online. Now they have millions of unsold boxes?

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2021 1:57 PM

Went to Walmart and bought a package of thin mint cookies for .97cents. They were just like the Girl Scout version but with real tasting chocolate. The package was twice the size as Girl Scouts.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2021 2:29 AM

I actually ate those cookies a few years back and was disappointed. If I’m going to be a fat whore I’d rather have Oreos or good chocolate chip cookies.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2021 2:31 AM

They quit making the only one I liked, Cranberry Orange shortbread, so those little cunts can just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2021 2:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!