Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New York State Passes Gender Recognition Bill

Awaits King Cuomo's signature. If signed into law trans or anyone else can have gender removed from state issued government documents replaced by an "X".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2021 11:22 AM

This is wonderful and will ensure less confusion in the event that a person who has changed their name and designated their sex as “X” commits a crime. Not to mention the freedom of choice it offers potential criminals who are not conflicted about their names or gender. This was so necessary!

This bill has [italic]bathed[/italic] me in relief.

by Anonymousreply 1June 14, 2021 4:24 PM

Not publishing name changes in newspapers isn't such a huge win IMHO.

People largely don't read newspaper anymore, less so the often low circulation publications judges mandated for publishing notice.

Name changes are public record. As such those internet background/people finder or whatever you want to call them websites have them in their archives not long after such things hit public records. Marriages, divorces, name changes, criminal records, arrest records (in some states), civil court actions... It's all there...

Besides all sorts of forms from employment to apartment applications ask for all names previously used.

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2021 8:45 AM

R1 you should take a moment to examine that bitterness. Why does a small concession given to trans people make you unhappy? What are you losing in this situation? Anything? If you hate trans people and want them to suffer, I'd rather you come right out and say it.

R2 I think drivers licenses are the main thing here. You can understand why a trans person wouldn't want to hear "oh you look like a female but you license says male" when they go to use their ID. It's a matter of basic dignity. Hopefully that clears things up for you and you can continue with your day.

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2021 9:16 AM

Rapists must be so excited!

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2021 9:22 AM

How will men on sex offender registries be tracked?

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2021 9:34 AM

R3

And a big ole "X" instead is better how? So a person isn't one or the other, just "it"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2021 9:37 AM

Why should anyone, especially in an official capacity, pander to the control jones, whim and fancy of others. Government agencies are there to regulate and record reality, not individual fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2021 10:19 AM

R3 I don’t an X on an ID will convince anyone that the hulking 6’3, wide shouldered person with an Adam’s apple s in front of them is female. This is just straight up pandering.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2021 12:26 PM

I'll have another anti-trans tears spritzer. Why, yes, I'd love an orange slice!

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Cuomo is hopefully gone.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2021 1:04 PM

NYS assembly and senate are gone, out of session... Cuomo has thirty days (IIRC) to either veto or sign bill. If he doesn't do either it automatically becomes law.

Cuomo has always given out goodies for LGBT during Pride month, so expect this year will be no different, and he will sign bill into law.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2021 1:53 PM

aka The Let's Make Government Records Worthless Act.

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2021 2:01 PM

[quote]and he will sign bill into law. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2021 2:30 PM

Hopefully Cuomo is gone and Whitmer is gone.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2021 2:33 PM

Sickening

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2021 2:33 PM

This all stems from the Under-40's Tiger/Helicopter Moms, who made being gay the worst thing you can be ("That's so GAY!"). So it's ingrained in their brain to change sexes- or have no identity at all- rather than be a homo.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2021 2:39 PM

I know R16.

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2021 2:47 PM

Just another X to bear.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2021 2:53 PM

This is insanity.

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2021 3:02 PM

Told you so! Said R11.

For record NYC pride march this weekend, so King Cuomo is right on cue....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2021 6:09 AM

So Brave!

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2021 6:16 AM

The congressman/senator/whoever in the OP's pic looks like he's barely able to contain his laughter underneath that mask.

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2021 6:19 AM

Wonder how this plays out with federal government where ID is called for, say applying for a passport or ID used to enter federal buildings, get on a plane, etc... What about applying for a federal employment and benefits. Will Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal programs accept "X" as sex ?

Know to get a "Real ID" you have to have either a valid passport or certified birth certificate. If that certified bc states your "Pat" (neither nor the other) does it count as acceptable proof?

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 6:23 AM

What exactly is the point of such bullshit?

A solution in search of a problem... which will cause more problems!

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 6:29 AM

Ridiculous.

A result of our longstanding equivalency of gender and sex. Men's and Women's bathrooms, boy's soccer and girl's soccer, etc. -- all supposed to be indicating sex, but actually indicating gender. But no one ever thought anything of it and always took one to mean the other.

Sex is still real and immutable. I just don't get why that's such a big deal to some people. Yes, you can play with gender and often gender norms are unnecessarily limiting. Fine. But, birth certificates and other official documents, despite whatever language they might use, are indicating sex, not gender.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 6:31 AM

[quote]A result of our longstanding equivalency of gender and sex.

Only bizarre freaks insist on pretending that normal humans discern some difference!

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 6:39 AM

Problem lies in laws (what there are of them) written to benefit trans all pretty much assume they will have the chop. Thus armed with an amended bc they could get ID saying "female", or whatever.

Since there is a large and growing number of trans who remain not enough of one, and too much of the other (non-op) it causes problems. A chick with a dick cannot (until now) in NYS get a drivers license that says "female" because, well he isn't. So when applying for jobs, employment, etc they either have to scheme to get required documents, or out themselves by presenting same that say "M" or whatever.

Now in the great name of woke politics trans or anyone else can simply get drivers licenses and birth certificates that say "X". They're not male nor female, just "Pat"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 6:40 AM

But there is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2021 6:41 AM

R25 If I had a camera, I'd take a pic of my birth certificate issued by the City and County of San Francisco. On that birth certificate is a field labelled G E N D E R with checkboxes besides M and F.

Sex and gender are synonymous. Asserting otherwise is nonsensical agenda.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 6:41 AM

They're different

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2021 6:43 AM

I absolutely agree r29, but since in the English language the "postmodernists" declared that they are different and that gender is a social construct, there's a certain usefulness in pointing out to them that if gender is a social construct then gender identity is a social construct too. Or that if woman is a social construct then transwoman is a social construct too. As a gay person it's useful in this crazy context to be able to say that I'm attracted to my own sex, not my own "gender identity" - although, I'm then attacked by the so-called "LGBTQ+ community" for being "transphobic".

Other languages don't have two words for the same thing, but the problem then becomes that the trans cult in other countries dictates to them all that there's such a thing as "sex identity", and because of the pernicious influence of American woke around the world their governments feel they have to go along with that. Although, thankfully, gender identity legislation was recently abandoned in Germany, Spain and England (problems brewing in Scotland, though).

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2021 6:55 AM

If they're different r30, then how comes most, if not all, other languages only have one word for both sex/gender?

"Gender identity" is a bullshit, made up concept. People do not have "gender identities". A biological man who "identifies as a woman" is not a woman. Non-binary is meaningless crap. Yes, there are some people who, for whatever reasons, do not feel comfortable in their own bodies and wish to be the other sex - they used to be called transsexuals. Those people need support and to be protected. Many of them even oppose the new "gender identity" theory. Those people also used to go through full-body "sex change" surgery and did not insist they were women just because they felt as though they were women. The new "gender identity " crap and gender identity legislation means that all a great big hulking male with all his make genitalia needs to do is say he "identifies" as a woman and he will be legally recognised as one, with almost no criteria, certainly not any actual physical transition.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2021 7:06 AM

[quote]certainly not any actual physical transition.

Lopping off a man's dick and balls does not make him a woman. Just hormones, a dress, make-up, long hair, painted nails and high heels don't make him a woman, but rather the worst socially-dictated female stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2021 7:11 AM

Sex = Biological given

Gender = Cultural construct

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2021 8:59 AM

No r34, in the English language "gender" has been used from the beginning to mean biological sex. This attempt to distinguish between the two words along the lines you are suggesting is very recent and a deliberate attempt by the gender ideologists - even though it has its usefulness in undermining some of their claims. "Sex roles" are also a cultural construct.

I cannot think of another language that has two words for the same thing, sex/gender.

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2021 9:26 AM

Meanwhile the Fringe Ohio GOP is banning Trans Athletes (even participation)...And Ohio is following it up with a state BAN on voter rights--limiting voting boxes from counties...The 2024 steal is happening right now. Future President DeSantis and his Veep Marjorie Taylor Greene must be happy...Wait and See....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2021 9:51 AM

Meanwhile, CeCe Telfer, 6 foot 2 former member of the Franklin Pierce University men's track and field team, has been foiled in his attempt to compete as a woman at the Olympics for having too much testosterone.

The World Athletics body must be crazed Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2021 10:52 AM

R37 = Trans Athletes are the LEAST of our worries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2021 11:10 AM

[quote]Trans Athletes are the LEAST of our worries.

They are equally a worry.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2021 11:13 AM

You're pathetic, r38. First of all, I'm not American. Second, this is a separate issue from whatever the Republicans are doing in other areas. Transwomen are not women and the notion of "gender identity" is bullshit. As a woman, this garbage is a threat to me and a huge worry. So, go fuck yourself and stop trying to muddy the waters with the false narrative that only Republicans have a problem with trans demands.

by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2021 11:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!